[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that gooks can draw machinery like cars with utmost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: gooks can't draw humans.jpg (72KB, 800x774px) Image search: [Google]
gooks can't draw humans.jpg
72KB, 800x774px
Why is it that gooks can draw machinery like cars with utmost precision and detail, but when it comes to drawing a human, it's fucked five ways from Friday? And what's with their hatred of drawing noses with any detail, if at all? If drawn at all, it's a . or a tiny little Ěš
I swear I'm not a troll, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
Because they probably take a picture of a car and trace it.
>>
The nose thing is just what the style is like now. Bigger eyes and heads means smaller noses. In the '90s it was different. For the cars they often trace or rotoscope them, but I've read interviews with several mangaka who say that they own tons of reference books with vehicles. My friend who's an animator in Ireland used to draw a bunch of cars back when he lived at home, so maybe it's an artist thing?
>>
Backgrounds are normally either photos or CG being traced.
>>
>>160934824
Anyone can draft, but it takes skill to emote a character - human beings communicate through body language in ways most people aren't conscious of. A character is an actor and the artist is the performer.

Given that we're programmed to recognize faces relatively easily, it's easier for people to draw simple figures that are easier to draw and emote with.
>>
>rotoscope
>tracing

OP here: AH! That makes sense. I didn't even think of that. I thought it was just like a culture thing or something that I didn't understand. Thanks.
>>
File: 1390141987128.jpg (70KB, 425x483px) Image search: [Google]
1390141987128.jpg
70KB, 425x483px
>>160934824
>>
>>160934824

Get your east Asian slurs right you Yankee pile of trash.
>>
>>160935115
Yes, you're correct. I should have said nips, not gooks. I apologize for my mischaracterization.
>>
>>160935090
This. Great book.
>>
>>160935155
>I should have said nips, not gooks.
The proper slur is elevens. This is the fucking Internet, /a/ especially. We have our own word to refer to the Japanese.
>>
Gooks means koreans, you dumb shit.
>>
>>160935207
... But nips aren't elves.
>>
>>160935275
Fuck off vietnam fucking shit.
>>
>>160935380
Just... go back to where you came from.
>>
>>160935380
Your honorary /a/non status is revoked.
>>
>>160935207
OP here: this was my first post on /a/, I'm generally on /o/, /k/, or /pol/. I do like some mainstream anime like Spirited Away, of which I actually own the DVD, and DBZ was pretty cool when I used to watch it in the 90's.

I just saw that pic of the MR2 and the 2 girls on /o/ a few minutes ago, and it's something I've always wondered about. This isn't nearly the first time I've seen pics like this, and being curious, I started this thread.

May as well ask the experts in the subject, /a/, and you guys didn't disappoint. I had a reasonable answer almost immediately.
>>
>>160934824
Huur why isn't nip art more like my western art
>>
>>160935556
You post well for a visitor. I wish others were like you.
>>
>>160935556
You should really refrain from posting and just lurk before you post again. It's good to understand the board culture before posting. Though, asking doesn't hurt and threads here reach 500 posts before autosaging happens so whatever.
>>
>>160934824
>drawing machinery
>in anime
>>
>>160935882
I appreciate the advice, but this is pretty much a one-and-done kinda thing. Other than the mainstream stuff that normies like myself like, I'm not really into anime at all. When it comes to cartoons, I'm strictly old school Looney Tunes.
>>
>>160935556
You're honestly better off asking /co/ about art and theory.
>>
File: 1494107326066.jpg (318KB, 550x749px) Image search: [Google]
1494107326066.jpg
318KB, 550x749px
>>160936019
Yeah, this is your one-and-done. And the next crossboarder is going to post their one-and-done. And then the next one. Get it?
>>
One day we'll discover "car moe" and cars will be drawn that way instead
>>
>>160937060
Pixar tried that. It's not good.
>>
a couple cool vehicles in this quick shot in Sankarea, a classic camaro and beetle
>>
>>160939647
I remember Sadamoto doing this too. The NGE manga would always have some badass cars in the background whenever a scene necessitated it.
>>
>>160934824
Theyre probably traced
>>
File: SexyTwingo.jpg (520KB, 884x1097px) Image search: [Google]
SexyTwingo.jpg
520KB, 884x1097px
>>160935556
>I'm generally on /o/
>comes to /a/
>has to justify himself
>no mention of even watching Initial D
Don't you dare come back until your blood is Eurobeat and the air you breath is 110% Black Ice.
>>
>>160934824
Because expressiveness is more important than realism.
>>
>>160942321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ7dSUdGaYE
>french dub
real authentic twingo shit right here
>>
Japanese don't actually have defined noses, so if anything they're just being more true to life.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.