[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never see Aizen in animated form every again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 510
Thread images: 136

File: large.jpg (71KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
71KB, 500x570px
>tfw you'll never see Aizen in animated form every again
>tfw you'll never see Kenpachi cut a meteor in half animated
>tfw you'll never get to listen to the god tier OST of Bleach over hype moments again

Why does it hurt /a/? Bleach ended so badly and the last arc was fucking awful but I'd watch an animated version just for the music and hype.
>>
>>160900003
>bleach
Ew
>>
>tfw he never came back
>>
File: Zangetsu.png (344KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zangetsu.png
344KB, 640x480px
>>160900875
forgot pic
>>
File: 7ef (4).jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef (4).jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>160900003
They might adapt the final arc as a promotion for the live action movie.
>>
>>160900003
After the souls society arc it was ultimate shit.
Also get
>>
>>160900937
>>160900875
>The final attack from Ichigo is with OG Zangetsu
>He never even got to use the real Zangetsu for anything past a fucking Cero Blast.

Also I'd watch the anime again just for this fucking song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoMrkPLBuCs
>>
>>160901022
Or the hype moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wC1B-YhoHM
>>
I still can't believe how fucked Sternritters are in terms of power levels despite losing

>Gremmy basically being omnipotent
>Loses to basic strong man
>>
>>160901177
When I was in touch with bleach I remember believing that Mask de Masculine/Renji is stronger than Ulquiorra.
I think is because he beat the 2 captain vizards in base, then the new Renji blocked a punch 10x his previous ones, then he beat him in the Vollstanding when he was even stronger.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hYCdvMubs

People forget the movies had neat songs.
>>
File: 1501353274543.png (324KB, 974x611px) Image search: [Google]
1501353274543.png
324KB, 974x611px
>>160900003
Cmon they even did the fullbring arc after Bleach was gone for a while. Anime will be back soon with my lad Askin doing some lethal shit
>>
File: askin-calls-nimaiya-lethal1.png (49KB, 696x419px) Image search: [Google]
askin-calls-nimaiya-lethal1.png
49KB, 696x419px
>>160901618
Askin is underrated as fuck. Literal best Sternritter.
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (135KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
135KB, 720x480px
>>160900003
If it does come back then hopefully that directo Kudo puts aside his complete Ichiruki faggotry.
>>
File: 1502000010401.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502000010401.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>160901006
What happened?
>>
>>160901761
Power levels and shit. The story of the show and general consistency go down hill but it's still enjoyable as fuck up until the last chapter.
>>
>>160901691
What, he's pretty loved by most fans
>>
>>160901841
I see way more people sucking Gremmy and Zombie-Traps cock.
>>
>>160901841
By most fans on /a/. The nips don't care for him.
>>
Nothing will ever top the first bankai so why even try.
>>
>>160901006
Not as shit as your favorite anime.
>>
>>160901948
Japs only have good taste in characters when it comes to Gin though. Do they even like Aizen?
>>
>>160900003

To be fair, the animation in the Bleach anime was pretty stiff at times, and Kubo's paneling really captures the energy of animation better than some actual anime does.
>>
>>160901984
Only villians they really like are Gin and Ulquiorra. Also Grimmjow.
>>
>>160900003
I just wanna hear this song play when Byakuya gets crushed by As Nodt, and then again when he comes back to help Rukia just before she kills As Nodt with her Bankai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSUwtBaie9A
>>
>>160902025
>T H E H E A R T
>>
File: f7ae4dc.png (235KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f7ae4dc.png
235KB, 500x500px
>>160900003
>tfw you will never watch S01 bleach again for the first time with the characters doing high school slice of life stuff while dealing with supernatural shit
>tfw ywn listen to S01 ost for the first time again

feels depressing man Aizen best character
>>
>>160901615
The other half of this song is pretty good too. I love how metal the lyrics are.
>Beg for mercy, scum of Satan
>Lucifer's a corpse in waiting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI03rSPMUQk
>>
>>160902251
Literally the only part of my Childhood I missed.

>Two other dudes and four girls as a group of friends
>Not many enjoy Anime or Weeb shit in general but all love Bleach
>No one is particularly autistic or cringey
>Weekly meetup to watch the latest episode at my house the day I could torrent
>Did this from S1 'till end

I miss those guys, listening to Asterisk gets me p. emotional sometimes.
>>
>>160901177
Gremmy lost to himself
>>
>>160902805
>Kenpachi literally cuts through space and time at one point.
To a degree Gremmy wasn't the whole reason he lost. Kenpachi just has crazily inconsistent power scaling.
>>
>>160901816
Why do people think the SS arc didn't have just as much powerlevel faggotry as every arc after it? In fact most of the powerlevel faggotry was introduced in Soul Society.
>>
>>160902867
I'm not saying Zaraki isn't strong as hell, I'm saying the only reason Gremmy lost is because he tried to match Zaraki's full power and succeeded. What he didn't know was that even Zaraki can't handle Zaraki's full power.
>>
>>160902500
What is your group up to at the moment
>>
>>160902924

Because the scale in SS wasn't nonsensical.

When a Captain came up (of which there were a limited amount) SHIT. GOT. REAL.

And then they fought each other due to the underpinnings that all is not right in Soul Society and the entire governing body of the afterlife rides on a thread.

Compare to every other arc (which merely ape the outer trappings of the other first good arc) everything else seems stale and nothing is grounded to make you care.

For instance. The IshidaxMayuri fight is the best damn fight in the entire manga.

Also everything moved at a nice clip. We went from "what are soul reapers" to "and that's how we saved Rukia" in less than 200 chapters.
>>
>>160903115

Kubo botched his story the moment he made an arc where nearly all the bad guys were just strong dudes who happened to be ripe for the recruiting by a guy who wanted to govern the universe. Arrancars were just a gimmick for making crazy good designs with.
>>
>>160903020
I'm working at a Bar, pretty comfy hours but the only friends I really have are people I game with and work with. I'm dropping out of Uni next year because the state of extended education in the UK is garbo.

Dude 1 I have no idea about. He got real into weed and drugs in general towards the end of school.

Dude 2's studying abroad, his parents are mad wealthy.

Girl 1 + 2 Live together in a shared house in the other side of the UK with other people, I think one of them read Bleach to completion since she was kind of a weeb.

Girl 3 lives near me and we still chat regularly, we date for a bit during school but I'm a fuckup and didn't know how to handle emotions and got scared or something retarded. I see her on the bus to work now and then which is p comfy.
>>
>>160903259
>date
dated*
My b.
>>
>>160903259
Comfy that you are all well, I wonder if one day you will group up again on some random occasion, get tipsy and play the first ep of Bleach for old time sake.
>>
>>160903115
>Because the scale in SS wasn't nonsensical.
Explain further.

>When a Captain came up (of which there were a limited amount) SHIT. GOT. REAL.
Again, this doesn't change after SS.

>And then they fought each other due to the underpinnings that all is not right in Soul Society and the entire governing body of the afterlife rides on a thread.
Okay but this has nothing to do with the presence of powerlevels in SS.

>Compare to every other arc (which merely ape the outer trappings of the other first good arc) everything else seems stale and nothing is grounded to make you care.
Again, explain further.

>The IshidaxMayuri fight is the best damn fight in the entire manga.
I can name at least 2 asspulls, also powerlevel faggotry.

>Also everything moved at a nice clip. We went from "what are soul reapers" to "and that's how we saved Rukia" in less than 200 chapters.
We're not arguing over pacing, we're arguing over powerlevels.
>>
so where's the Aizen backstory?
>>
>>160903384
Sounds neat but I'd doubt it. I've built up some real anxieties due to other relationships since then, we're all different people etc.
Might be able to watch it with Girl 3 but I'm worried that she still likes me to a degree, rather focus on trying to get my shit right than potentially fucking with other peoples mental well being.
>>
>>160902924

The powerlevel faggotry had a cap.

Bankai was "so" rare that only a handful of people achieved it in their extended afterlife. Ichigo was a rare case because super powerful, hinted family lineage, and good 'ol Japanese Yamatodaishi "I need to be stronger because I need to be".

Bankai was a hard cap.

And then Kubo went "naw dog, Imma make him go Super Saiyan 2" and shit all over the series.
>>
>>160903494
>The powerlevel faggotry had a cap.
Nostalgia is making you forget there was a pretty significant between Karakura and SS arcs in terms of powerlevel, which are as prominent a jump as between SS and Hueco Mundo.
>Bankai was "so" rare that only a handful of people achieved it in their extended afterlife
This never really changed.

>Bankai was a hard cap.
Again, still technically true. But even in SS there were exceptions; for instance Byakuya's Bankai had multiple forms.

>And then Kubo went "naw dog, Imma make him go Super Saiyan 2" and shit all over the series.
Hollow powers aren't Super Saiyan 2.
>>
>>160903405

The amount of hype and suspension of disbelief is directly proportional to how much you care about the story, in this case, the journey the hero is undertaking.

In Soul Society, we got "I have to save Rukia because Nakama." with political intrigue weaved around that central theme and a delectable betrayal by Aizen. Soul Society was shonen par excellence.

Fast forward to Hueco Mundo we get hollows aren't really evil all consuming rage monsters...although most are, the hogyoku being underutilized, and we must save Orihime even though she gave herself up...and Aizen wants her for some poorly explained reason that doesn't go anywhere.

And Ichigo gets in a million fights with "who the fuck is this guy" before we get to the main event, Ichigo vs Grimmjow which immediately gets sidetracked with no falling action with Ulquiorra who is Ichigo's rival...even though Grimmjow made a better one.

And then Nnoitra shows up and Ichigo's growth and character take a hard stop.

And Kenpachi gets a powerup by swinging his sword with two hands.

And Mayuri shows up and we learn that Kubo has zero intention of following through on the emotion that made us care in seeing him get justice.

Everything post Soul Society was a goddamn mess and I couldn't be asked to give a fuck about it.
>>
>>160903700
Kubo revealed later in the HM arc that Aizen kidnapped Orihime to lure Ichigo to HM.
>>
>>160903683

>difference between Karakura and SS arcs in terms of powerlevel

By design.

Ichigo was an untrained soul reaper using borrowed powers for two months with limited training by a third seat AT BEST soul reaper who didn't excel at sword play by her own admission.

And that level of power was shown fantastically in the first Ichigo/Byakuya fight where Ichigo gets ROFLSTOMPED and is left for dead.

>hollow powers aren't super saiyan 2

You're autistic.
>>
>>160900003
animix is animating last bleach arc
>>
>>160903700
>I couldn't be asked to give a fuck about it.
Your posts tell me the opposite.
>>
>>160903700
Mayuri's character develops a lot in 1k Blood though.

Especially with the whole Nemu thing.
>>
>>160903405
Captains and Bankai became the standard. You couldn't really compete unless you were/had one of those, which made them, previously hyped up to an extreme amount in the previous arc, unimpressive.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they were the reason for Bleach's downfall, though. It was just one of the symptoms of Kubo's bad writing.
>>
>>160903801

So Aizen could....

Literally, WHAT did that accomplish?

If that is the reason, it's the most poorly realized reason because it literally played zero effect in keeping Ichigo out of the fight.
>>
>>160903700
>Everything post Soul Society was a goddamn mess and I couldn't be asked to give a fuck about it.

>>Nostalgia is making you forget there was a pretty significant between Karakura and SS arcs in terms of powerlevel, which are as prominent a jump as between SS and Hueco Mundo.
>>
File: 046.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
046.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>160903840
STOP THESE LIES

SHOW ME THE PROOF
>>
>>160903878

This is a guy who hid bombs in his underlings and detonated them to kill side characters.

And Soul Society let him get away with it.

There was a whole other story about Soul Society needing to be overthrown, righteously, that was being hinted at and we got NONE of it.
>>
>>160903837
>And that level of power was shown fantastically in the first Ichigo/Byakuya fight where Ichigo gets ROFLSTOMPED and is left for dead.

Like when Aizen """ROFLSTOMPED""" Ichigo at the end of Soul Society?
>>
>>160903872

I care because the disparity between the story Bleach COULD have been about and what we got is so huge.

It was literally AT KUBO'S FINGERTIPS and he balked at it.

Thus proving that all the things I liked about the series' potential was just a fluke accident, that Kubo had zero idea about what made his manga good.
>>
>>160903898
Probably to distract Ichigo who would be busy fighting a ton of enemies in order to protect Orihime. Aizen left HM before the big Ichigo vs Ulquiorra fight.
>>
SS was a mistake. It was the arc that made the series go full shonen and introduced the ridiculous power levels along with the Shinigami who became too popular.
>>
>>160904006

Yes.

Except with Aizen, it doesn't go anywhere.

Why is Ichigo fighting Aizen?

Why now?

Why not make it a part of the plan in saving Orihime?

Why the bullshit one day = one year training with goatbeard so we can get longhaired Ichigo and a power sacrifice that doesn't mean anything since Ichigo gets his powers back (a same criticism levied at Uryuu for getting his Quincy powers back during the Arrancar Arc).

Aizen was supposed to be a sign that Soul Society should unfuck itself and band together, meaning fix out the internal strife, to stop Aizen.

I'd have bought that "power of love and friendship over brute power" thing instead of, and everything in Soul Society was happy ever after and we no longer fight each other so let's fight Arrancar garbage.
>>
>>160904035

And then Ichigo showed up and fought Aizen.

Solid plan from a character known for his plans.

It literally delayed him by fifteen minutes, only feeling like longer because it took 200 chapters to cover that time span.
>>
File: 1422171851107.jpg (256KB, 715x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422171851107.jpg
256KB, 715x1000px
>>160903417
Right here.
>>
>>160903882
>Captains and Bankai became the standard.

Hisagi, Kira, Yumichika, Rangiku, Momo, ect. say hello.
>>
>>160904101

>full shonen

It was a mistake.
Just on Kubo opening a can of worms more interesting than the story he actually wrote and doing nothing with it.
>>
>>160904130
>>160904130
He fights Aizen because he has to in order to protect his town and all the people that live in it including his loved ones. Did you fucking speedread or something?
>>
>>160904130
Is this your first time reading a battle manga?
>>
>>160904202

All literally who.

And all who had their best moments in the SS arc or early Arrancar.

Hisagi is literally a job character of unrealized and undeserved potential.

Momo has done nothing but try to die.

Yumichika plays second fiddle to a person with hidden Bankai.

And Rangiku is best known for her tits.

None of them have had an impact or a fight worth remembering. Hence why half their fights take place off panel.
>>
>>160904101
>>160904205
This is why /a/ only likes 10 volume series that get cancelled because they don't appeal to the Japanese readerbase.
>>
>>160904237

Then why was Aizen so afraid of Ichigo that he had to trap him in HM for all of six seconds?

Nothing in Arrancar Arc and after makes seconds because all the intentions of actions are never realized.

Ichigo was never slowed down more than the story demanded and still needed a one year = one hour plot device out of their ass to get him to match Aizen.

And Orihime being kidnapped makes no sense and she plays so little of a part in her own rescue arc.
>>
>>160901177
There's a reason Gremmy wasn't an Elite Sternritter. Conceptually his power is super strong but in reality it would take mind boggling focus to keep anything sustained in reality while fighting. His power was best suited for quick one shot type things like the guns or meteors. Once he tried to imagine self sustaining clones and a physical power up to match Kenpachi he basically fucked himself.

Strongest Sternritter were: Gerard, Haschwalth, Lille-Barro, Askin, Pernida in that order.
>>
>>160904272

First time where a hero refuses to fight an enemy because "that's not what he's here for" and then fights him anyway because reasons.

Showing he had no intention of fighting Aizen and Aizen had no intention of fighting Ichigo...but he DOES fight Ichigo.

All of HM is a loose connection of plot contrivances that lack the emotional gravity of even SS's most insignificant fights.

And HM took too many chapters to waste so many panels and deliver so little motivation.
>>
>>160904344
And Rukia played little part in her rescue arc as well. The only character that played a per in their "rescue" arc was Uryu and that's because he was playing the Quincy side and wasn't a hostage.
>>
Did they ever explain how Uryu was able to be an oven dodger at a young age?
>>
>>160904350
>Strongest Sternritter were: Gerard, Haschwalth, Lille-Barro, Askin, Pernida in that order

No one gives a fuck.

Power levels mean fuck all after SS.

There are no stakes for losing a fight. Half their fights end off panel. Unohana jobs to Kenpachi so he can get a power up because "two handed sword swing" wasn't bullshit enough.
>>
>>160904275
>>160904344
>>160904016
>>160903837
>>160903115
>Single sentence
>double spacing
I know where you belong and it is not here.
>>
>>160904275
>All literally who.
Characters in the Bleach manga.

>And all who had their best moments in the SS arc or early Arrancar.
Those were all fights in late Arrancar (Fake Karakura).

>Hisagi is literally a job character of unrealized and undeserved potential.
Try reading his novel.

>Momo has done nothing but try to die.
She's cute though.

>Yumichika plays second fiddle to a person with hidden Bankai.
Actually Yumichika is probably the stronger of the two.

>And Rangiku is best known for her tits.
And a pretty stellar Shikai.

>Hence why half their fights take place off panel.
Again, not in Fake Karakura.
>>
File: Hollow Ichigo.jpg (128KB, 747x648px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Ichigo.jpg
128KB, 747x648px
>>160900003
So anybody willing to give me a quick rundown on what happes in the LN?

I kinda want to read it just for Aizen but then i remembered that i probably have to suffer through unimportant characters like Rukia and Ichigo first.
>>160900937
I wish H.Ichigo had gotten the chance to actually talk to more people.
At least to Byakuya and Kenpachi so he could talk shit about kicking their ass.
He had top bantz abilities
>>
>>160904419

Except her rescue was BECAUSE of the last 50 chapters explaining and showing her interaction with other characters.

And her imprisonment was unjust but it's what she felt she deserved after being abandoned by her friends over time, killing her vice captain, and not unreasonably thinking that everything in Karakura was her fault.

And part of her arc was realizing that she's worth rescuing and that someone she calls a friend wants her to be around despite her exterior allowing them to push her away.

As well as grounding the entirety of the action. Ichigo has to fight Byakuya to make all of Soul Society stop persuing Rukia.

He's fighting to make her not a criminal anymore.

Compare with Orihime who screams "Kurosaki-kun" and plays with unrealized potential that isn't utilized for "her Arc".
>>
>>160902251
highschool SoL spliced in between the ghost stuff was great. Fuck Mexico and the Nazi invasion
>>
>>160904409
>All of HM is a loose connection of plot contrivances that lack the emotional gravity of even SS's most insignificant fights.

Ulquiorra says hello.

>And HM took too many chapters to waste so many panels and deliver so little motivation.
No one is arguing that Bleach has good pacing, anon.
>>
>>160904543

>Try reading his novel

Kubo gets zero credit for things written by someone else using his characters.

You go read fanfiction.
>>
>>160903700
Nnoitra shows up before the Ulquiorra fight and after the Grimmjow fight.
>>
>>160904164
Aizen's actual plan was to consume Ichigo and ascend to a higher plane of existence. He strung him along from the beginning of the series only to strengthen him and have him unlock his potential, seemingly so it would be that much more potent for Aizen at the end. Hueco Mundo was set up as a glorified training program so Ichigo could master his hollow powers which is why Aizen never sent Ulquiorra after Ichigo until he was confident Ichigo could win.

In fact Ichigo's hollow was artificially created by Aizen and infected his mom well before he was born then transferred to him on birth. Aizen monitored Ichigo as he was the first Quincy/Hollow/Human/Shinigami hybrid ever created.

Was it bullshit revisionism from Kubo? Most definitely I doubt he ever planned to take the story that far. But a lot of shit actually sort of lines up in the story oddly enough.
>>
>>160904583

Ulquiorra fight was the most best drawn fight no one gave a fuck about the outcome of.
>>
>>160904620

And he fights Ichigo immediately after the Ulquiorra fight and we watch Ichigo get cucked for Captain Two-Hands and the most boring panels of a match of witless that was Mayuri vs Syzel.
>>
>>160900003
>implying
They're pumping out games and novels like crazy.
>>
>>160904623

And that bullshit revisionism killed the series.

Remember the raw emotion of Ichigo vs Grand Fisher?

And how the bullshit revisionism of the quincycost robbed that fight of its emotional weight?

At least Grand Fisher's comeuppance at the hands of Isshin was gracefully short. Otherwise I'd have to be made that a fight that took place between three panels in the middle of a chapter got treated like that.
>>
>>160904711
Nel got cucked. Ichigo was exhausted and beat up after his fight with Grimmjow. He was in no position to fight Nnoitra.
>>
>>160904623

>plan was to consume Ichigo
>does no consuming

And to think Kubo's writing was considered good once.
>>
>>160904839

Exactly.

There was no falling action. No "where do we go from here" to ground the next action or hype up the next fight.

Just "LOL CAPTAI-I MEAN ESPADA WITH A METAL CHAIR".

Garbage.
>>
TFW NO BLEACH CHAPTER TODAY
>>
>>160904469
Nope.avi
>>
I'm still irratated at how his new "true" bankai broke like 3 times and confused as to why his old shikai popped out of it in the end
>>
>>160900937
He was the hero we needed but didn't deserve. All he wanted to do was protect Ichigo's dumb reckless ass from killing over in every fight.
>>
>>160904916

Kubo struck gold with Ichigo's Shikai and Bankai forms.

Everything since just looks like concept art for a Final Fantasy character.
>>
>>160904653
>Ulquiorra fight was the most best drawn fight no one gave a fuck about the outcome of.

Let me guess, you're a shipper.
>>
>>160904566
It's literally the same with Orihime. She also surrenders in order to save others, and also doesn't understand at first why the group came to save her which is why she's shocked/confused when told they're in HM. She genuinely thinks she's not worth saving and basically thinks she offers nothing to the group in terms of abilities and this is one of her biggest insecurities in her arc; but she later understands why they came in her "my heart is with them" speech. We start seeing signs of her insecurity as early as chapter 92. Both girls are struggling with their self-confidence and own self-worth in their respective arcs, it's just that Rukia has the whole Kaien incident that adds a layer of martyr complex onto her character.

With Orihime, Ichigo is fighting to bring her home.
>>
>>160904915

Ain't that some shit.

How about Ryuuken?
>>
>>160904778
What killed the series was Kubo's horrid pacing, recycled arc formula, his fetishism for giving spotlights to every single little side character, and the whitewashing of Ichigo's character to make him a better plot device.

The revisionism was his attempt to add an overarching story to a shonen pushed to be a long running story. And it wasn't bad honestly. Bleach has many flaws but the Quincy shit actually made a lot of sense in the retroactive sense.

The Grand Fisher fight isn't robbed of its emotion just because it has connections later on.
>>
File: aiz.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
aiz.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
>tfw a bleach thread without ship retards
>>
>>160905016

Except Rukia gave herself to give Ichigo a chance at a life of normalcy. Her surrendering directly saved Ichigo at what she understood to be the cost of her own.

And now Orihime, who conviced Ichigo to chase after Rukia to save his friend...with no powers to speak of, leaves and expects Ichigo to NOT go out and save his friends...

At least when Rukia surrendered, Ichigo was bleeding out on the sidewalk with Byakuya's boot on his neck and his sword in his face.

Orihime got to say goodbye.

And again, NONE OF THE FIGHTS IN HM NEEDED TO HAPPEN.

Who did Ichigo REALLY have to beat?

No one. Everyone in HM wants to fight Ichigo because...reasons. What happens if Ichigo never met Ulquiorra in HM?

NOTHING.

The definition of zero stakes fights.
>>
>>160900003
>Aizen
Let's not talk about him, anon. It makes me sad my love will never be released from that chair and happily destroy those bastards.
>>
>>160905055
>The Grand Fisher fight isn't robbed of its emotion just because it has connections later on.

Except it does.

"No Ichigo, the REAL KILLER of your mother was...Not Grand Fisher."

Fucking bullshit.

Not to mention the fanfiction tier Ichigo is a sould reaper...but also a quincy...who has hollow powers and a fullbring.

Remember how good the first 190 chapters were with. "Ichigo's a soul reaper...he fights soul crime."
>>
>>160905055
>Ichigo's character

Ichigo has no character. He has no motivations. He has no goals. He basically exists to be easily bamboozled and to give a "NANI?!" face. He's such an awful protagonist.
>>
>>160905288
I thought at the end it was sort of implied that Aizen becomes the stand in for the soul king?
>>
>>160905356
I don't think they'd let a guy like him become the SK.
>>
>>160905313

Post Soul Society.

In Soul Society, Kubo had a good thing going bating the "is he doing it for love and trying to hide it behind friendship" thing.

Again. More interesting story hiding between the panels of what we actually got.
>>
File: 4u.jpg (179KB, 550x551px) Image search: [Google]
4u.jpg
179KB, 550x551px
>>160905313
>>
I feel like the lore of this manga is way too good to be wasted on the actual manga we got. It's like we got an abbreviated version of the real deal.

I just wish that a video game exists with a completely on-model artstyle where you could be random guy in soul society that climbs up the ranks to join one of the top positions and you gradually unlock your shikai and bankai and do battle with other factions and visit the real world and hueco mundo on missions

balamb theme starts
>>
>>160905426
I'll take what is "Enies Lobby" for 500 please.
>>
>>160905399
SK barely has any fucking power besides being a focus for keeping balance.
>>
>>160905025
Ryuuken is a pure Quincy.
That shit was only meant to zyklon b mutts like his son and wife.
>>
>>160905199
>Her surrendering directly saved Ichigo at what she understood to be the cost of her own.
Literally the same with Orihime anon; she just surrended for more people than just Ichigo. She was told by Ulquiorra that if she didn't surrender that her loved/important ones would be slaughtered. Can you really blame her for surrending after seeing what happened the first time they fought the Arrancar? Almost everyone got hurt even Toshiro despite being a captain, and Rukia gained a hole through her stomach.

>expects Ichigo to NOT go out and save his friends...
Like I said she genuinely thought she wasn't worth saving.

>Ichigo was bleeding out on the sidewalk with Byakuya's boot on his neck and his sword in his face.
What does that have to do with anything? I'm honestly confused.

>NONE OF THE FIGHTS IN HM NEEDED TO HAPPEN
They did need to happen though. Ichigo just couldn't take Orihime, and bail since he knows that they would've just followed him and appeared in his town like last time.
>>
>>160905313
He thought he was just a normal kid. Most people don't have any grand ambition they just go about their day to day just Ichigo was initially doing before Fishbone and Rukia show up.
>>
>>160905199
What? Orihime watched Ichigo get beat down by Yammy, treated his and Rukia's wounds after they fought Grimmjow, and then watched Ulquiorra effortlessly chop down the two Shinigami escorting her. She had a fair sense of how strong the enemy was, she's one of the smarter characters in the series. Ulquiorra made the direct threat to her that he would kill everyone she cared about if she didn't cooperate. So for their sake she left.

She logically didn't want Ichigo and the rest to follow but had no way of communicating this. Ichigo goes ONLY with the intention of saving her. Re!ember how he flipped out when Ulquiorra just mentioned he was the one who kidnapped Orihime? He was on his way to save a dying Rukia but dropped the notion when Ulquiorra said that.

Grimmjow fights Ichigo because he likes fighting. Literally the same motivation as Kenpachi.

Ulquiorra fights because Aizen ordered it of him but there's a lot more interesting philosophy going on there too. He's basically the Byakuya of the arc but with more depth of character.

Then Ichigo goes to fight Aizen and guess what? Aizen calls him out on his shit. He asks was Ichigo's purpose in fighting him further is if he already saved Orihime. And Ichigo has no response until Isshin reminds him of the stakes.

There's a lot more motivation for Ichigo to fight during HM than there ever was in SS. HM's greatest sin is its horrible pacing, particularly the Fake Karakura Town portion.
>>
>>160904981

TatsukixIchigo or YoruichixIchigo 4lyfe.

But realistically, what was gained by Ichigo beating Ulquiorra?

Was Orihime one step closer to not being in HM?

Was Ulquiorra the only Arrancar who wanted Orihime locked up in HM?

Did we see Ichigo triumph over insurmountable odds that no one realistically expected him to get as far as he did?

Did he rock the fabled halls of the Arrancar with his dare to assume the power he did?

Did he gain the power in his hand for her sake?

No.

He used the powers he had before the HM invasion to fight all the way through to the end of the HM invasion.

No growth, either physically or personally to show what he gained by trying to rescue Orihime.

So much so that Kubo had to squeeze all that development into off panel time skip dimension to make up for it.
>>
File: Op.gif (1MB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
Op.gif
1MB, 260x200px
>>160905426
Stop right there faggot, Nothing in bleach will ever top Enies Lobby.
>>
>>160905660
>Did he gain the power in his hand for her sake?
we have a closet Ichirukfag
>>
File: 46456_5.jpg (173KB, 619x927px) Image search: [Google]
46456_5.jpg
173KB, 619x927px
>>160905025
He's such a beautiful man.
>>
>>160905640

>Isshin has to remind Ichigo of the stakes

It would have been better if Aizen had won that call out.

All I see in your post is wasted potential and shoddy characterization poorly rehashed from a previous superior arc.
>>
>>160905313
Ichigo wants to protect, that's good enough, he doesn't need to be shoehorned into chapters either unlike other fanbases that go autistic if the mc isn't there for a while.
>>
>>160905716

I wanted Orihime to have a better arc than she did in HM.

I don't know why you didn't too.

Imagine a Bleach where Orihime surrendered in order to usurp the Arrancar from within with her kindness and spirit and utilize her time-space control powers to reject the Hogyoku out of Aizen's grasp.

Where we got defiant banter in front of Aizen. Maybe watch him try to torment her by showing her the suffering of her friends trying to save her.

Imagine a world where...Orihime wasn't Kubo's Orihime...
>>
>>160905517
>>160905660
>>160905667
This thread is officially infected. I'm calling a quarantine.
>>
>>160905892
I like Kubo's Orihime. Sure her arc could've been better, but I don't think it's as bad as you describe it; the arc starts to get bad during FKT, at least for me.
>>
>>160904778
You actually got that feeling again with Ichigo vs Ywach v2. I mean, the guy was shit talking his dead mom.
>>
File: 1500728675744.jpg (121KB, 884x704px) Image search: [Google]
1500728675744.jpg
121KB, 884x704px
>>160905667
>this impresses autists
no surprise there
>>
>>160905307
Except the real killer was technically Grand Fisher, it's just that Ywach took her powers during/before the fight.
>>
>>160906019

>Ichigo vs Ywach v2

I had given up on Bleach LOOONG before that.

About when they refused to kill Byakuya.
>>
>>160906075

Because Ichigo's mom was a quincy because Ichigo wasn't the special chosen one enough.

Thus robbing Ichigo's determination status as his real strength.

Fucking bullshit.
>>
File: 1446370252934.png (104KB, 213x262px) Image search: [Google]
1446370252934.png
104KB, 213x262px
>>160905936
>tfw you can sit here and suck off Soul Society all day even though it's the arc that gives the least amount of info on what in the fuck is actually going on plot vise and call other works best arc trash
Feels good.
>>
>>160902054
One day, we can only hope, one day... until then we have our dreams.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lsn2tT5yTc
Feel with me, /a/.
>>
>>160905660
Holy shit nigger there was more going on than just "how did Ichigo evolve???"

Guess what? Ichigo was the same at the beginning of the SS arc as he was at the end, the biggest difference? Ichigo had Bankai at the end. By the end of HM he had full mastery over his Hollow mask and a shaken resolve after his ideals were challenged. He goes in to the Aizen fight not knowing if he has the desire to keep fighting. It serves a different narrative than SS.

Ichigo beats Ulquiorra and saves Orihime. That's the direct result of the battle. The rest of the captains are cleaning up and can reasonably assure her safety as the only big player left in HM is Yammy who gets trounced. From a more abstract point of view Ichigo begins to question his resolve. He didn't beat Ulquiorra, White did and did so in a very animalistic fashion that almost killed Ishida too. Ichigo went in to Hueco Mundo and found he was pretty much the same as the Hollows he was always told were evil.

Other than that Ichigo DID overcome the odds to win and DID gain power to free Orihime. In fact he was on the losing end of the Grimmjow and Ulquiorra fights until she called out to him "I will protect her!" and such.

Ichigo and the HM characters were an exploration in to humanity and suffering. The running theme of the Ulquiorra conflict is his inability to grasp just why Ichigo won't give up despite being so outclassed. It was a fantastic climax honestly and definitely more thrilling than everything that happened after Ichigo went Bankai against Byakuya in their fight.
>>
File: IMG_1055.png (381KB, 618x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1055.png
381KB, 618x537px
I'm still pissed that we didn't get a proper Ichigo/Uryu tag-team against Yhwach. He was the one that caused both their mothers deaths, and the final arc was suppose to be Uryus. It would've made perfect sense for solely those two to take him down.

>inb4 someone says "Ichigo and Rukia tagteam should've happened"
She wouldn't be able to do shit against Yhwach especially since she hasn't perfected her bankai. Hell, she needed Byakuya for emotional support to defrost.
>>
>>160906006

It's exactly as bad as I describe it.

It's a wasted arc. Literally, Ichigo and co go off and fight people with zero stakes in a poorly rehashed arc that was supposed to be "Orihime's Arc".

Also the severe sidelining of Ichigo's high school friends, to the point that Uryuu has to be given back his powers in some bullshit secret lore lest he join the ranks of Tatsuki and Mizuiro.
>>
>>160906242
>It's exactly as bad as I describe it.
That's just your opinion anon.
>>
>>160905400
>"is he doing it for love and trying to hide it behind friendship" thing.
>More interesting story hiding between the panels of what we actually got.

ichirukifag plz go
>>
>>160906203
Yeah it's a shame Kubo had to rush that. Ichigo, Ishida, and Aizen team up against the final final boss was hype as shit.
>>
>>160906405
I wish the dads made an appearance as well to avenge their dead wives.
>>
>>160906157
This was literally me >>160902924

Guess you're not so smart after all...
>>
>>160906198
>By the end of HM he had full mastery over his Hollow mask

That he didn't use.

Because Ichigo got locked away in a time caspule for Final Getsuga.

Nothing in Ulq's fight was new. "Why do you fight?"

Fucking Ganju asked that question 300 chapters before and we got an answer in the Byakuya fight.

>humanity and suffering

Take off your hipster goggles there before you spill your PBR all over your iBook Pro.

>Ichigo went to Hueco Mundo and found he was pretty much the same as the Hollows he was always told were evil

He found one good Espada and three servants because reasons. No Espada worth saving.

Compared with going to Soul Society and realizing he has almost zero in common with the soul reapers he was told were good and is never expounded upon again.

>Ichigo beats Ulquiorra and saves Orihime. That's the direct result of the battle.

Except Ulquiorra was no danger to Orihime and Ulquiorra wasn't holding Orihime in HM. Ichigo could have literally snuck Orihime out from under Ulquiorra's nose and the story wouldn't have changed one bit.

>ideals were challenged

OH NOES! I'M NOT THE STRONGEST!

Some ideals there.

>goes in to the Aizen fight not knowing if he has the desire to keep fighting

Except he does. Because his desire to fight Aizen drives him to run from HM to Fake Karakura.
>>
File: POW.gif (316KB, 412x217px) Image search: [Google]
POW.gif
316KB, 412x217px
>>160906032
Whatever you say bud.
>>
>>160906535
>Except Ulquiorra was no danger to Orihime and Ulquiorra wasn't holding Orihime in HM
Is this bait?
>>
>>160906535
inferno is this you?
>>
>>160906401

Trade Rukia's place with Renji and Bleach is now the gayest shounen manga in history a full 16 years before Yuri on Ice.
>>
>>160906535
Orihime in no danger when Ulquiorra was talking about prying open her chest
ok
>>
>>160906624
There was nothing romantic about Ichiruki. It could've gone down that way, but Kubo obviously didn't want that.
>>
>>160906591

Fact.

Ulq was not a threat to Orihime and Ulq has to fucking GOAD Ichigo into a fight.
>>
>>160905640
>Grimmjow fights Ichigo because he likes fighting. Literally the same motivation as Kenpachi.

He even literally even states the reason he's so fixated on Ichigo in their final fight.

>>160905755
Aizen was going to destroy Ichigo's hometown and his friends all to get access to the Soul King's palace. Aizen was full of shit in that moment and Isshin knew it.
>>
>>160906668

Except he didn't.

Aizen wasn't protecting her, hence why two arrancar no-names stomach kick her shit in with zero repercussions.

And Ulq, talking that big game despite demonstrating he says "hello" with a hand in your guts.

Ulq was so much a nonthreat to Orihime people fucking SHIPPED them.
>>
>>160906557
Hate to break it ya bruh but Ichigo vs Grimmjow was fitty times better than that shit.

I mean it's good but no where near what Ichigo and Grimmjow was going through in their battle and the animation could not be topped.
>>
>>160906535
Not the anon you're talking to but Ulquiorra was intent on keeping Orihime in Las Noches. He had that mini confrontation with Grimmjow because he took Orihime so if Ichigo did the same they would've fought. Also, as soon as Ichigo and co stepped in to Hueco Mundo they were noticed so sneaking was out of the question. Aizen just told every one to chill and wait.
>>
>>160906535
>>160906672
>threatens to force-feed her
>taunts her about her friends death
>threatens to rip apart her chest
>specifically waits till orihime arrives on the dome to taunt her about "killing" ichigo
He was a piece of shit towards her. I'm still pissed that Kubo threw its shippers a bone with the whole "im not afraid line".

Thank fuck Kubo didn't have her thinking about him in the two later arcs.
>>
>>160906672
>It could've gone down that way, but Kubo obviously didn't want that.

Here it comes.

Gotta circle the wagons around the horrible pairings lest people use them as further examples of how Kubo dropped the ball narratively in everything post Soul Society.
>>
>>160906753
Watching that fight on a once-a-week basis was so fucking aggravating that all my hype for it pretty much disappeared. Maybe the fight was better in the manga but as far as the anime is concerned it was shit and dragged out way to long.
>>
File: 1501956210180.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1501956210180.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>160906753
>Thats why bleach got cancelled
>>
>>160906748
People shipped them because it fits with the whole bullshit "beautiful and kind girl fixes messed up guy" trope. Not because he was a non-threat.
>>
>>160906748
Because Ichigo interrupted him.

People only shipped them to get Orihime out of the way for their precious IchiRuki
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (86KB, 359x391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
86KB, 359x391px
>>160906823
>assblasted IRfag
You guys will never not make me laugh.
>>
>>160906819

>Renji jokes with Rukia about her brother is going to want to execute him herself
>slashes her face with his sword
>says he's going to kill her or capture her to face execution
>actively fights against the team attempting to rescue her

Kubo's intentions in his story are...unclear at the best of times and the sheer length of Bleach allowed those cracks to grow to annoying proportions.
>>
>>160906850
>Watching that fight on a once-a-week basis was so fucking aggravating that all my hype for it pretty much disappeared
Have you only watched a shonen battle once in your life before that one? You must of had internal bleeding watching DBZ.
>>
>>160906919

Look up, retard.

Tatsuki is best girl and YoruichixIchigo banter is top notch.

Kubo just sucks at intentionally writing relationships, just like how everything else that was good in Bleach was bumped into dick first on accident and left forgotten.
>>
>>160906748
>Ulq was so much a nonthreat to Orihime people fucking SHIPPED them.

Are you fucking new or something? People didn't ship them because he was a non-threat, hell a lot of its shippers love his "bad boy" side. People shipped it for two main reasons; to get Orihime out of the way of IR, and/or because it fits with the whole "female character that fixes and saves broken male character".
>>
>>160906981
I was lucky enough to watch DBZ on a weekday basis, and Naruto didn't bother me much back in the day. Neither does Hunter X Hunter. One Piece's anime just has shit pacing even among battle shounen standards.
>>
>>160907068
>People shipped it for two main reasons; to get Orihime out of the way of IR,

That's what UryuuxHime was for.

And to be fair. An Uryuu vs Ulq fight would have been hype as fuck.

Anything to not have the Szayel fight.
>>
>>160906535
Yeah you don't even really know the series well enough to argue it.

Ulquiorra's questioning of human resolve runs deeper than just "Why is this guy fighting??? Lmao"

And yes dumb nigger the entire arc takes place in a realm where human spirits go after some gnawing desire and unfinished business drives them to Insanity. Hollows are built around human misery and each Espada was an embodiment of an aspect of death.

Grimmjow saved Orihime, albeit for selfish reasons, and refused to fight Ichigo until he was at full power and displayed some level of honor. Nel was unironically good. And Dordoni also fought with honor and was gracious in defeat. Outside of that Ichigo barely interacted with any Hollows.

Ulquiorra was holding Orihime hostage actively and was literally sitting there waiting for Ichigo to come by the end of it. Did you forget that it was Ulquiorra that was charged with protecting the palace? There's no way Ichigo was just going to zip in and out with him there.

As for ideals that was never his motivation or drive anywhere. Ichigo wanted to save Orihime on his own but ended up being saved by Ulquiorra which saved Orihime and Ishida by proxy. This wasn't lost on him and the power he had been training so hard to control had easily taken over when Ichigo hit a wall.

And finally no Ichigo fights Aizen with the urging of the captains. Once they all go down he starts to falter.
>>
File: IMG_1108.png (176KB, 494x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1108.png
176KB, 494x468px
>>160907040
>assblasted Tatsukifag
Even funnier since those two barely had any interactions so you probably ship it solely because of "muh childhood friends".
>>
File: 1447430727947.png (31KB, 403x324px) Image search: [Google]
1447430727947.png
31KB, 403x324px
>>160906856
>That's why One Piece is almost as shitty as its current shit tier anime
How's Katakuri doing?
>>
>>160907135
>That's what UryuuxHime was for
Why do you think people went back to this pairing after they realized Ulquiorra wouldn't be brought back? Most Ishihime and Ulquihime shippers solely ship those pairings to get Orihime out of the way since they also root for Ichiruki. They don't actually care about who Orihime gets with as long as it's not Ichigo.
>>
>>160906958
Kubo always kept things ambiguous. The only confirmed thing that was worth taking note of Orihime liking Ichigo and the whole Gin/Rangiku thing.
>>
File: TOP.jpg (705KB, 2212x1257px) Image search: [Google]
TOP.jpg
705KB, 2212x1257px
>>160907168
The rest of the world doesn't seem to agree.
>>
>>160907135
Ishida and Ulquiorra did fight. He got his shit slapped. Hard.
>>
>>160907147
>There's no way Ichigo was just going to zip in and out with him there.

Except he literally almost did.

He even felt Orihime was in no danger to the point of turning to rescue Rukia until Kubo had to force this derailed train back on track with "and now Ichigo CARES to fight Ulquiorra".

Face it. Hueco Mundo is trash from beginning to end and struggling for any deeper narrative inside of it is only going to lead to a broken heart ala the best aspects of the SS arc.

There's nothing deeper under Bleach's surface.
>>
>>160904409
Ichigo wanted to avoid Aizen till it became apprent that it would lead to people he liked getting killed
>>
>>160907227
Yup, complain about "one-sided" relationship with IchiHime but wouldn't have batted an eye if it was an IshiHime ending.
>>
>>160907153
>>160907153
>>160907153

Tomboys are for loving...
>>
>>160907246
>Caring about popular opinions

The Walking Dead is the most popular show on television. Doesn't mean it's not shit.
>>
>>160907124
That DBZ filler fight that contained 21 episodes into 5 minutes is the worst offender I can think. Well until Super was unfortunately created.
>>
File: Be stupid, you must.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
Be stupid, you must.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>160906535
Holy fucking shit stop typing like a 6th grader trying to make his first essay.
Im still fucking scrolling past your post.
>>
>>160907287

Truly the hero's journey.
>>
>>160907292

At least with IshiHime there would have been potential for cute banter and relationship establishment.

The worst part of IchiHime is that we were always going to get what it said on the tin. "And then of COURSE they got together because reasons! Here, have some kids."
>>
>>160907283
What actually happened was that Ichigo felt Rukia's reiatsu almost entirely disappear and felt it necessary to go see if she was about to fucking die. Then Ulquiorra blocks his path, tells him he was the one who brought Orihime here in the first place, and Ichigo rightfully goes berserk when he realizes the guy who started all this shit was right in front of him.

Hueco Mundo has its flaws but the characters are more interesting than SS for sure. Grimmjow plays the better rival than Renji and Ulquiorra plays the better nihilistic final boss.
>>
>>160907246
One Piece is still shit compared to DBZ in every way even with that bloated and unwarranted popularity.

The timeskip marked the end of Oda doing anything that makes any damn sense anymore.
>>
>>160907534
>Grimmjow plays the better rival than Renji

I'm not one to defend Renji.

But you are DEAD fucking wrong here.

>Ulquiorra plays the better nihilistic final boss

A antagonist so evil even HE can't be asked to give a fuck about what's going on.
>>
>>160907481
And why wouldn't IchiHime have cute banter and relationship establishment? They were already having cute banter at the beginning of the TYBW.
>>
Rereading the manga and I got to Squad Zero's appearance. I like that especially after the Novel's spoilers you can see Kyoraku and the the other Captain's animosity towards them.
>>
>>160907481
Why? Just because it was a guy yearning for a girl and not the other way around? IshiHime is IchiHime with the love in the reversed direction. They're functionally the same. If Kubo couldn't be bothered to work out relationship development for IchiHime then he sure wouldn't bother with IshiHime.
>>
>>160907366
>Implying popularity doesn't mean good
Are you retarded? stop posting any time
>>
>>160907630

>They were already having cute banter at the beginning of the TYBW

I don't get it.

People say this and think it's reasonable to not understand how people could have seen IchiRuki in the first 200 chapters.
>>
>>160907534
>when he realizes the guy who started all this shit was right in front of him.
No Ichigo went berserk because of Orihime and solely because of Orihime and this is affirmed twice; with Ichigo telling Ulquiorra it's his fault that Orihime is labeled a traitor, and when Nel tells Orihime that Ichigo charged at Ulquiorra the moment he heard her name.
>>
>>160904766
>games

I wish. PS4 fighter when?
>>
>>160907649
>because it was a guy yearning for a girl and not the other way around?

No.

Because then Kubo would have been FORCED to explain how Uryuu got in Orihime's pants to justify the setup from her established crush on Ichigo.

Whereas Orihime and Ichigo is just the lazy result we got.

The best parts of Bleach are all unrealized potential in the form of crumpled up editor's notes in Kubo's trash can.
>>
>>160907685
What cute bantar did Ichigo and Rukia have though? Their banter was literally based on insulting each other most of the time. While him and Orihime had cute little scenes since the beginning.
>>
>>160907693

Circle them wagons boy...circle them wagons GOOD...
>>
>>160907685
They had more than just that example if that's what you're implying
Rukia is somewhat rude, I expect her to banter
>>
>>160907791
I'm stating canon facts anon. Go re-read the chapters.
>>
>>160907783

>banter was literally based on insulting each other most of the time

Tsundere as FUCK!

Also, Tsun without the closet pervert bullshit.
>>
>>160907830

I just love watching you circle wagons over the meer slight HINT that someone doesn't buy the "attacked Ulq because MUH LUV FOR ORIHIME".

Shit relationships in a shit narrative and you'll suck down defending the narrative in order to save the pairings.

You disgust me.
>>
>>160907738
Ask Sony, they're the ones with the license.
>>
>>160907753
Except we saw the development of Ichigo's and Orihime's relationship over the course of the manga. It wasn't in your face but it was there. Ichigo acknowledging Orihime's growth and strength and letting her back him up in the Yhwach fight was HUGE from a guy that devoted his entire existence to fighting to protect everyone from harm, particularly her. Did you ever notice how gentle and considerate Ichigo was when it came to her vs other women? He tossed Rukia off the execution stand. He carried Orihime off the pole things.
>>
>>160907841
But with tsundere relationships there's a certain soft level of gentleness in order to keep balance or there's the cliche "I don't really hate you" or "You're not so bad" line that pops up in literally every tsundere relationship and this line usually comes from the guy. We don't have a line like that from Ichigo or either Rukia. Their relationship isn't tsundere, it's just two pals. It's basically the same with Tatsuki.
>>
>>160907783

The entirety of Grand Fisher fight is more shared emotion than the entirety of Orihime and Ichigo's "relationship".

Because Kubo can't humans.
>>
>>160907918
I didn't say he loved her though? You're just putting words into my mouth at this point. It's just canon that he attacked Ulquiorra during that scene because of Orihime and solely Orihime and this is backed up twice in the manga. You're acting a tad ridiculous.
>>
>>160907932
>He tossed Rukia off the execution stand. He carried Orihime off the pole things.

Because that's their relationship.

And then we get Ichigo watching Rukia fade away, and instead of skipping ahead two years in the skip and saying, "Yeah, me and Orihime finally decided to get dinner in two years of not doing anything spirit related" we got the fullbring arc and Rukia heart stabbing Ichigo again like Chapter 1.
>>
>>160907974
>The entirety of Grand Fisher fight is more shared emotion than the entirety of Orihime and Ichigo's "relationship".
that's just your opinion though m8. what is it with ichirukifags and thinking their personal opinions are facts?
>>
>>160907959

Read the Grand Fisher fight again.

The head in her lap, her calling him a "fool", Ichigo letting the ice bitch in and Rukia stating her desire to know but only when Ichigo wants to tell her.

It's literally the best writing in all of Bleach and this shit is approx. 50 chapters in.
>>
>>160908051
They can't deal with the fact they were supporting something that didn't exist for 15 years.
>>
>>160906729
>Aizen was going to destroy Ichigo's hometown and his friends all to get access to the Soul King's palace. Aizen was full of shit in that moment and Isshin knew it.

Honestly this whole sacred key thing felt really weird thanks to the last arc, Yhwach destroyed soul society and then just waited for the squad zero to come down, why could Aizen not have done the same? Why would he need the key if squad zero will be forced to come down if soul society is wiped out?
>>
>>160907753
IR would have been just as lazy. The fact the Kubo went with Ichihime instead of IR despite Rukia being more popular than Orihime, IR being more popular as a result of the previous, and the anime shilling IR just proves, to me at least that Kubo isn't a sellout or does things for popularity and did Ichihime because he wanted to.
>>
>>160908051

Some of us read the manga and see what Bleach could have been.

And then others like Orihime for some reason and would rather the narrative be worse so long as they be right.

Which is weird, right.

Because Orihime was literally the most resolute and interesting as a PERSON in the first 30 seconds after getting her powers and saving Tatsuki.
>>
>>160908045
Oh fuck off. You know damn well that if Ichigo and Orihime went on a date off-screen during those 18 months that so many fans would've called bullshit and complained all the same. They would've come up with ways to still shit on Ichihime like "Why the hell would Ichigo focus on dating when he should be focusing on getting his powers back, this is ooc " or "Wow Orihime is such a sneaky bitch trying to take advantage of Ichigo at his lowest".
>>
>>160908143
>IR would have been just as lazy

They would have at least had Soul Society arc to rest that laurel on.

Orihime had Hueco Mundo.

No love interest should have to settle for HM.
>>
File: IMG_0977.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>160908149
>>160908085
>>160908045
You called yourself a Tatsukifag, but your Ichiruki faggotry unleashed. This is too rich.
>>
>>160907416
To be fair it was kinda the point that he didn't have grander reasons.
>>
>>160908165
>if Ichigo and Orihime went on a date off-screen during those 18 months that

Kubo would have been completely in line with his habit of having things more interesting than his actual story occurring off screen.
>>
>>160907974
>>160908045
>>160908085

Ichirukifag. Just because Deathberry has shut down doesn't mean that you can shitpost your autism here. Leave.
>>
>>160908045
Bleach isn't a romance manga. Rukia stabbing Ichigo to give him powers was a poetic moment to call back to how this journey started. Not to say "hey these guys fugg xdd" If you really want to scale how romantic that was you can see Kubo use the exact same shit again when Tsukishima does it to fix his Bankai.

And Ichigo watching Rukia fade away wasnt a fucking romance moment either you delusional shippers. Do you know what Rukia represented? The death of his powers and access to this fantastical world that exists. He wasn't just losing Rukia in that moment, he was losing all the Shinigami, all the Hollows, the fights, the power, and the purpose in his life. Pierrot did a great job setting up IchiRukifags I'll give you that but Ichigo's sadness in that moment was more than just "I'll never see this flat midget again" it was the end of his adventures.
>>
>>160908213

It's also the part where we see that Orihime doesn't actually know ABOUT Ichigo. Just things her friends who actually know Ichigo know.

And then we get Tatsuki trying to hide her feelings for him infront of a girl she knows has an obvious crush.

All at the same time thinking fondly of the orange haired boy who'd cry at the drop of a hat when his mom wasn't around.
>>
>>160908306
>Bleach isn't a romance manga

Which is a shame.

Because Kubo writes that accidentally 10000X better than he intentionally writes shonen.
>>
>>160908293

>I wanted to talk pairings during a civil Bleach discussion and I was outgunned: The Post
>defending pairings in order to maintain the narrative was good

Cancer.
>>
>>160908342
>Orihime doesn't actually know ABOUT Ichigo
Huh? All Orihime found out from Tatsuki was what happened with his mother. Orihime was actually able to tell that his smile was fake the moment she saw it which is impressed Tatsuki since she took a few years to figure it out herself despite being a childhood friend. She also knew that Kon in Ichigos body wasn't really Ichigo.

>Tatsuki trying to hide her feelings for him
Stop confusing your headcanon with canon.
>>
>>160908372
No he doesn't. He did everything in his power to avoid romance. What the fuck made you think he's good at it?
>>
>>160908405
No one was outgunned. A ton of people have debunked your bias arguments concerning the pairings, but you hardly reply to any of them.
>>
>>160908457

The fact that his shonen sucked post SS.
>>
File: 1350006086461.png (8KB, 185x145px) Image search: [Google]
1350006086461.png
8KB, 185x145px
>>160908405
>implying that stanning for ichiruki is the same as pointing out the flaws of Bleach's narrative.
>>
File: IMG_0910.png (627KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.png
627KB, 640x480px
>>160908342
>Tatsuki trying to hide her feelings for him
My sides are in orbit. How much fanfiction did you read? Also stop trying to pretend that you're a Tatsukifag when you clearly prefer Ichiruki.
>>
>>160908478
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>160908444
>which is impressed Tatsuki since she took a few years to figure it out herself despite being a childhood friend

Again, all we get from Orihime is "she just knows because her love is strong" garbage.

Motherfucker, give me day to day, give me grounding. Give me a childhood friend Tomboy, not "and then the most sought after girl in school secretly totes had the hots for my dick because reasons."

What do we get from Orihime's own mouth? "He's got a funny face."

Boom. Start of a pairing.

>>160908457

The Soul Society Arc.

>>160908468

>debunked
>dick riding the narrative which is shit to save the pairings

Again, you sicken me.
>>
>>160908545

Why not?

Only Tatsuki is willing to give Ichigo the beat down he needs when he tries to shut out his friends "to protect them."

She knows Ichigo both before and after his mom's death, so she knows both him AND how it changed him. She obviously has feelings for him on some level.

And she gives Orihime sexually predatory advice on how to woo him and gets so into it Orihime gets scared.

I just wonder why you look down on fanfiction yet encourage others to read the light novels.
>>
>>160908103

Why not?

You've been supporting that Bleach had good writing for almost 17 now.
>>
>>160908618
>"He's got a funny face."
I like that part. Most people are scared of his face yet Orihime likes it. Also her feelings start growing beyond that. You're just nitpicking.

> Soul Society Arc
Oh I get it. You ship IR. No wonder you nitpick IH and Orihime to ridiculous lengths.
>>
>>160905660
>>160906242
>>160907040
>>160908149
>>160908342
>>160908618
>>160908710

saiyan5ninetails is that you?
>>
>>160908780

Only when some faggot wraps the failure of HM as an arc in "muh Orihime" and then cries IxRfag when they get trounced.

IxR is what the jews are to /pol/, a convenient boogeyman about why the world doesn't act the way they think it should.
>>
File: IMG_0921.jpg (90KB, 757x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0921.jpg
90KB, 757x719px
>>160908710
>She obviously has feelings for him on some level.
Nothing in canon supports this. You're talking out of your ass. Going by your posts, you also prefer Ichiruki so I don't get why you're trying to still hold up the whole "Tatsuki x Ichigo is best pairing" act.
>>
>>160908780
>Most people are scared of his face yet Orihime likes it

That's because most people have reasons for doing things.

Orihime doesn't.
>>
>>160908293
>Deathberry has shut down

Are you serious? Since when?
>>
>>160908859
>Nothing in canon supports this

Except dialogue, paneling, and story.

But you'd deny IxR as delusional to save Bleach as a whole from criticism so fuck what you know.
>>
>>160908618
>The Soul Society Arc.
You mean the arc where Kubo bent over backwards to avoid elaborating in any way on the unbelievably obvious, blatant romantic connotations of the premise? That's what made you think that he can write a mean romance?
>>
>>160908710
I don't know how it works in your world but knowing someone doesn't mean you're in love with them. Tatsuki expresses more romantic feelings for Orihime more than Ichigo if anything.

She encourages her friend to go bang the guy she likes and that's about it.
>>
>>160908893
Since the Renruki wedding novel was announced. A mod flipped the fuck out over the announcement, and shut mostly everything down except for like the fanart/fanfiction thread.
>>
>>160908710
Tatsuki and Rukia care about Ichigo as friends. Nothing is stated that implies otherwise.
>>
>>160908915

>Kubo bent over backwards to avoid elaborating in any way on the unbelievably obvious, blatant romantic connotations of the premise

I prefer to think of it as being an expert in "show don't tell" in the first 150 chapters before the realization dawned that everything worth loving in Bleach is a pure accident Kubo has zero intention of expounding on.
>>
File: IMG_0767.png (367KB, 730x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0767.png
367KB, 730x693px
>>160908908
>paneling
Oh fuck it's Inferno. So you got BTFO on leddit and now here to complain because you're too embarrassed to go back?
>>
>>160908935

And I would have TOTALLY been down with the lesbo connotations because THAT would have been more established than IchixHime.

If "smelling ichigo" is grounds for OTP then knowing a tragic backstory and being involved in his younger life, as well as being a tomboy and best girl, is reason enough to ship her.
>>
>>160908994
It was always inferno.
"My opinion is fact"
>>
>>160908893
Recently: http://deathberry.com/

It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>160908973
>Tatsuki and Rukia care about Ichigo as friends. Nothing is stated that implies otherwise.

And again. Replace Tatsuki with Uryuu and Rukia with Renji and we got the gayest manga released in Japan.
>>
>>160909040
>"smelling ichigo" is grounds for OTP
It isn't though? That was just a funny little scene.
>>
>>160909044

>can't argue arcs, argue pairings
>then you can say "scoreboard" when the game is shit

You legitimately killed a bleach thread with shipper nonsense because you couldn't handle the fact that someone didn't like HM.
>>
>>160909079
So Ichirukifags are on the same level as fujos in terms of delusions? Can't argue with that.
>>
The series should of ended after Ichigo lost his powers.
>>
>>160909135
Shipper shit started with Inferno though.
>>
File: na0hYNb_d.jpg (26KB, 313x365px) Image search: [Google]
na0hYNb_d.jpg
26KB, 313x365px
>>160908908
>>160908836

>IchiRuki didn't happen so the entire manga is shit!

Hmm where have I heard THIS before....

https://imgur.com/r/bleach/XcMWY
>>
File: toshiro.jpg (84KB, 791x576px) Image search: [Google]
toshiro.jpg
84KB, 791x576px
>Ichigo beats Kenpachi and Byakuya
>Ichigo can't beat Yammy
>Kenpachi and Byakuya beat Yammy

???
>>
>>160907227

I just want everyone understand exactly who and where this thread stopped being good.

The HM arc of this thread you could say.
>>
>>160909227
He could. Both times he fought Yammy his Hollow interfered.
>>
>>160909227

Power levels are bullshit.

Internal consistency is gone.

None of the fights matter.
>>
>>160909040
Ichigo saves Orihime from her dead brother and helps her reconcile with him. He then helps her realize her strength, power, and gives her a purpose beyond her day to day life.
>>
>>160909258

Yammy is strongest Espada.

Ichigo can't fight a 5 Espada and win with bullshit hollow powers ontop of Bankai.

Kenpachi and Byakuya beat Yammy.

Nothing matters.
>>
>>160909227
Oh look it's another DBZ power levels faggot who thinks fights are all about bigger power auras beating the guys with smaller power auras.
>>
>>160909295

And Rukia erases her memory.
>>
>>160909316

I'd expect a strong character who beat another strong character to be able to beat a character that strong character beat.

Especially since no one "out thinks" anyone into defeat in Bleach.
>>
>>160909350
She remembers though since she states to Riruka that she's able to talk about her sad past with a smile because Ichigp saved her.
>>
>>160909350
And all the other things I said still happened.
>>
>>160909205

Nope.

It started with an Orihime fan saying how repressed their pairing is in a thread purely on Bleach's literary merit in later arcs.

You killed a good thread with pairings. Neck yourself.
>>
>inferno gets BTFO on leddit in terms of pairings
>also gets BTFO on this site by anons who post actual proof and scenes from the manga instead of pulling things from their ass
K E K
>>
>>160909474

>thinking you're talking to inferno
>killing bleach threads with pairings

Why Bleach will always be bad. Even when not talking pairings, the Orihime fans will praise the story rather than admit, even tacitly, that Kubo had no clue what he was doing pairing wise.
>>
>>160909442
No it started with >>160906748
stating that Ulquiorra is shipped with Orihime because he's a non-threat.
>>
>>160909540

Which is a pairing neither you nor I supported.

It was only when criticism could have been sent at the canonical pairing that you shit posters started tapping the brakes and circle jerking each other over how you feel OTHER people don't like your pairing.
>>
>>160909539
Orihime liked Ichigo in both the pilots, and her feelings were introduced when she was in the manga. Her getting the only confession towards the MC should've told you right then and there that Ichihime was going to happen. Renruki being attached at the hip after reuniting should've given you a clue as well. The pairings were so fucking obvious.
>>
>>160909539
It's a fucking shonen. The pairings don't matter.
>>
>>160909539
The last threads discussing the novels are the only threads I remember not having shipperfaggotry. Before the ending it was full of Ichirukifags.
>>
>>160909539
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the pairings. The only problem with them was the abrupt implementation of yet another shonen timeskip with kids! ending.

If we're talking about Bleach's general writing sure there are plenty of problems. If we're talking about pairings being "objectively" better then it's just fuel for shitposting. You're an assblasted IchiRukifag. We get it. Move on.
>>
>>160909539
if you know inferno then you would know it's him because of the "muh paneling", "muh facts", and the fact that his ichiruki faggotry inevitably unleashed like it always does. he can't keep a bleach conversation going without bringing the pairing up eventually.
>>
>>160909539
Where do you see Himefags praising Bleach's story? All they're doing is calling you out on your IR faggotry. Also:

>Kubo had no clue what he was doing pairing wise.

Kubo outright stated that Ichiruki was a platonic friendship and it shows in his manga. It's not his fault you IRfags couldn't accept that.
>>
>>160909636
Before the ending, the threads were full of both Ichihimefags and Ichirukifags who would both spam fanart in order to annoy each other, though there were more Ichirukifags. Check the archives.
>>
>>160909684
>yet another shonen timeskip with kids!
You say it like it is the norm, most shonen DON'T end like this. Name five shonen with that kind of ending, I wait.
>>
>>160901887
>Gremmy

Never hear compliments for Gremmy, and I liked his fight.
>>
>>160909733
>Himefags praising Bleach's story? All they're doing is calling you out on your IR faggotry

The pairings aren't poorly implemented as per the normal slap together job Kubo SHOULD be known for, but super obvious from the start.

That.

That justification.
>>
>>160909779
Naruto, and Kenshin come to mind. Also FMAB.
>>
>>160907681
It doesn't, or else by your logic Twilight, Walking Dead, flavor of the month pop artists, and Call of Duty are good because they are/were popular.

>>160907594
>Renji
>A better rival than anyone

What the fuck are you smoking? Ichigo and Renji's rivalry was barely there and lasted all of two fights, both of which Renji lost. Grimmjow at least posed an actual threat to Ichigo and gave him a better fight than Renji ever did. Renji ain't got shit on any of Ichigo's other rivals.
>>
>>160909733
>Kubo outright stated that Ichiruki was a platonic friendship and it shows in his manga

And that's where we disagree. On the "it shows in the manga" part.

I keep fucking saying it and no one has been able to say otherwise. Replace Rukia's role with ANY male cast and the thing becomes a light yaoi manga.
>>
>>160909779
naruto, edward and kenshin all got married and created a family off-screen.
>>
>>160909797
>super obvious from the start

Yet you keep praising the first two arcs. At least be consistent with your faggotry.
>>
>>160909875
>>160909806

I said five, without counting Bleach.
>>
>>160909779
Naruto, Kenshin, FMA, Digimon Adventure 02, Dragon Ball pre-Super.
>>
>>160909908
>Digimon Adventure 02
not manga and not shonen

>Dragon Ball pre-Super
retard
>>
>>160909857

> barely there and lasted all of two fights, both of which Renji lost

Renji is the only real character whose relationship with the McGuffin, in this case Rukia, mirrors Ichigo's in a complete 180 degree fashion.

Renji let Rukia leave because he thought it was best for her even though all she wanted was for him to tell her to stay.

Ichigo told Rukia to stay even though all she wanted was to stop interfering with his normal life and keep him from answering for her crimes.

Compared to Grimmy as the Arrancar Kenpachi. Sure, Grimjow was powerful, but the entirety of Kenpachi's fight was the buildup and overselling of his power. It was never grounded in relevance to saving Rukia other than "wants to fight the strongest."

That's literally the Grimmjow fight. Kenpachi with the stakes toned down.
>>
File: IMG_1118.jpg (47KB, 520x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1118.jpg
47KB, 520x291px
>>160909864
>Ichirukifag compares their pairing to Yaoi
Fucking hell.
>>
>>160909892

Because the first two arcs introduced interesting concepts.

And HM arc doubled down on the most uninteresting parts of that first two good arcs and everything afterwards was just spinning wheels for 15 years.
>>
>>160910046
>HM arc doubled down on the most uninteresting parts
A lot of fans like the HM arc until we get to FKT. Once again your opinion is not a fact.
>>
>>160906624
I can see it now.. And I like it.
>>
>>160910101

And no one has bothered to explain their like of HM outside of "2deep4u" hipster bait and "muh orihime".
>>
>>160909988
>Dragon Ball pre-Super
>retard

Care to actually explain instead hurling out insults like a twelve year old? Unless somehow Pan and Bra don't exist in your headcanon.
>>
>>160909907
I gave you three bitch. I'm sure other shonens will follow the timeskip with kids ending. Hell, the next one to do might be Boku no Hero if Ochako doesn't confess onscreen or does only to not get a reply like Hinata from Naruto.
>>
>>160910127
I like the arc because it has a darker tone to it.
>>
>>160910046
Kubo continued to introduce interesting concepts after ss. He barely expanded on them or put them to good use but they're still there. Hardly different from the first two arcs other than them not focusing on Rukia.
>>
>>160910132
We had more children before the ending, and whatever Gohanfags like it or not, he is not the main character. Is more like grandbabies ever after.
>>
File: herosjourney.gif (101KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
herosjourney.gif
101KB, 761x800px
Just a reminder that kubo set up good internal struggles with Ichigo and failed to do anything with it multiple times. Also, Manga/Bleach doesn't work without being set up like the Hero's journey and with a clear goal. That's why the SS was so "good". Manga is limited to the nature of it's of medium and that limitation is obvious. Ichigo never had an overachiever goal other then beating his enemies and hanging out
>>
>>160910159
>I'm sure other shonens will follow the timeskip with kids ending
Everybody expected Mashima to end FT like this but he didn't.
>>
>>160910190

Compared to a "good afterlife" where everyone lives as peasants in slums while the warrior class govern the afterlife as despotic warlords so killhappy they can reliably be counted on to execute one of their own in a xanatos gambit.

Darker than that?
>>
>>160910247
Why though? He even stated that he likes Natsu and Lucy better as mere friends.
>>
Thank God. Bleach was shit.
>>
>>160910003
Grimmjow's rivalry with Ichigo was never about "fighting the strongest". It was about personal pride, namely Ichigo being able to stand-up to him at all and scarring Grimmy in their first fight and Grimmjow besting Ichigo in spite of all the strength he's aquired. It's basically the same principle as Vegeta and Goku's rivalry.

You're right in that Renji had more of a connection to Rukia than Grimmjow did to Orihime, but that doesn't necessarily mean the rivalry was better. Especially since Ichigo felt more fixated on beating Byakuya, who's connection to Rukia is arguably even bigger, than anything
>>
>>160910279
He called them more than friend less than lovers, guess what other couple who didn't end together was called that the author
>>
>>160910211

What interesting concepts?

Prior captains?

Kisuke, Arc 1.

Family history of powers?

Arguably Kaien. Arc 2.

Hollow powers?

Arc 2.

Not all being well in Soul Society?

Arc 2.
>>
>rukia states that ss is a good place
>first arc reveals that it's shit hole for lower class
so why did she lie? it's not like she's a noble that was sheltered, she was a literal streetrat before entering the academy
>>
>>160910319
>Vegeta and Goku's rivalry

Which even in Dragonball was aped from Goku and Piccolo's rivalry.
>>
>>160910350
iirc, she was saying that to a kid was going to pass-on, and you generally want to make people comfortable as possible before going to the afterlife.
>>
>>160910350

The real question is...why didn't Kubo write about Aizen leading a peasant revolt against Soul Society?
>>
>>160910253
A dead and hollow world covered in an endless night where it's denizens need to keep fighting and eating each other so they don't devolve into mindless beasts while also trying to fill a void that can never be filled. Hueco Mundo is at least comparable if not worse than Soul Society. Souls also don't starve if they don't generate even reiatsu.
>>
>>160910321
>guess what other couple who didn't end together was called that the author
Kubo didn't say that. Here's the accurate translation.

>Question- 先生としてはこの2人の絆というものをどうお考えなんでしょうか?

>Kubo- 友情とも違うし、恋愛感情でもないんですよね、2人の関係は。これだけ近い位置にいながら恋愛に発展しないというのは、ほかの作品ではなかなかないんじゃないかな、とも思いますし(笑)。 ただ今回、一護が「ルキアは大切な仲間だ」と言うシーンがあるんですけど、その言葉が2人の関係性を良く表していると思います.

>Question- What do you think the bond is that these two have with each other?

>Kubo- It’s not friendship but it’s not an amorous feeling either. With these two’s relationship, I think there is no other relationship like them in other works where despite both standing in a very close position with each other it is not romance (laughs) But in this year’s movie there is a scene where Ichigo says Rukia is his “Precious nakama” and I think that explains the of their relationship well."

This always translated by an IR fan called Melodymix by the way.
>>
>>160910403
What the fuck are peasants going to do?
>>
>>160904553
>So anybody willing to give me a quick rundown on what happes in the LN?
>https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfn6/post_manga_masterpost_part_2/
>https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/6qtfsk/post_manga_masterpost_3/
>>
>>160910419

Oh god, the rage beasts that eat souls may lose their individuality if they don't keep consum-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No one cares. We already covered with Orihime's brother that purifying a hollow soul is doing that soul a favor.
>>
>>160910327
Arrancar's, Visoreds (the latter of which, while alluded to in SS, got fully expanded on after), HM hierarchy, Fullbringers, Vandenreich (again, while Quincies were a thing since the beginning, this is where they were further elaborated on)
>>
>>160910439

Die by the thousands against Soul Society who maintains the monopoly on force.

And have the good captains decide if Aizen "did nothing wrong."
>>
>>160910476
Different taste for different people. You don't have to be such a pretentious prick especially since we're discussing a series aimed at kids.
>>
>>160910486

That is a whole bunch of stuff I have zero interest in giving a shit about if we're never going to deal with the societal issues of the Soul Society.
>>
File: IMG_0960.jpg (48KB, 353x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0960.jpg
48KB, 353x568px
>>160910476
>someone gives you a legitimate answer
>acts like an ass
You really are a piece of work inferno. No wonder they even hate you over at leddit.
>>
>>160910514

Your taste is shit and it is lowering the standard of this thread.

Know who cares how the arrancar ended up?

Not Kubo.
>>
>>160900003
Did we see Aizen bankai in the end ? I don't remember
>>
>>160910540
so you simply prefer SS and how it works over the other worlds
>>
>>160910476
You're changing the topic. Anon said he liked the darker tone of HM. You then explained why SS is darker and then I said how HM is just as dark if not more so.
>>
>>160910566

>killing hollows is a mercy
>maybe killing SOME (one) hollow isn't a mercy

Nope. Killing the rage monsters is a good thing, all around.

Another step down in the HM arc, there was no decent betrayal or internal strife plot to back up the pure battle shonen.

And we all know how Kubo do when all he has left is his battle shonen.
>>
>>160910627

And then I showed that your "darker" HM is purely shading as was established in the better earlier parts of the manga that NOTHING later disproves.

And then even Kubo stops caring about arrancar.
>>
>>160910630
>Another step down in the HM arc,
Again this is all your opinion.
>>
>>160910664
>then even Kubo stops caring about arrancar.
He stops caring for majority of his characters so you're not really proving anything with this statement.
>>
>>160910677

Backed up by the manga.

Your opinion is shit AND noncannon.
>>
>>160910127
HM had better fights, higher stakes, tons of lore dropped about Hollows and the series in general, great standard escalation of power with interesting enemies, and some fun twists.
>>
>>160910704

At least the captains made it to the last arc, for whatever good that matters.
>>
>>160910714
People have different opinions over the manga though. Some readers wished Kubo never even did the SS arc, and simply left the series as laid-back Japanese ghostbusters. Once again your opinion is not a fact, and I don't know why this is so hard for you to swallow.
>>
>>160910726
>better fights

Ikkaku vs Ichigo is better and more meaningful than any fight in HM.

Hell, Aizen vs Ichigo was a let down to the SS fights.

>higher stakes

Stakes so high you literally can't wrap your head around them and understand why anyone does anything.

> tons of lore dropped about Hollows and the series in general,

Hollows, great. Nothing about the skull gate.

>great standard escalation of power

Numbered for our convenience because characterizing the espada as threats is a bit hard for throw away characters.

>some fun twists

Look! Ichigo lost his powers! I wonder how they are going to deal with that in this manga which has already had another character do the EXACT SAME THING!
>>
File: IMG_0905.jpg (66KB, 604x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
66KB, 604x663px
>>160910853
>Ikkaku vs Ichigo is better and more meaningful than any fight in HM.
God you're such an SSfag.
>>
>>160910776
>know why this is so hard for you to swallow.

Because these people are wrong and I've proved it mathematically.

Everything "good" in later arcs is cribbed, wholesale, from the SS arc.

Anything "original" in later arcs is trash.

All good things in the manga exist in mere glimpses through a curtain, because Kubo couldn't write his way out of a paper bag without introducing 50 new characters and 4 unclosed plot threads.
>>
>>160910899

At least Ikkaku had a motivation.

People could readily identify WHY he was fighting Ichigo and WHY Ichigo was going to fight Ikkaku.
>>
>>160910905
>I've proved it mathematically.
i think you should go to sleep inferno
>>
>>160910946

Why?

You stopped the shipping nonsense so this thread is starting to get back on track.
>>
>>160910940
Ikkaku was fighting him because Ichigo broke into SS while Ichigo was fighting him because he had to in order to rescue Rukia. It's not deep or serious at all. Your SS faggotry is clouding your judgement.
>>
File: 1460416171671.png (67KB, 768x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460416171671.png
67KB, 768x720px
>>160910853
>Ikkaku vs Ichigo is better and more meaningful than any fight in HM.
>Fight was a literal what against a literal who
>>
>>160910853
Ulquiorra showing Ichigo that he was only the fourth espada was a good twist and was hype especially at the time.
>>
File: 1467393247145.png (27KB, 215x203px) Image search: [Google]
1467393247145.png
27KB, 215x203px
>>160910940
>People could readily identify WHY he was fighting Ichigo
Yes, I can identify with a murderous chinese monk from another world trying to stop a highschool thug from saving his ghost girlfriend.
>>
>>160911013
>>160911013

That meaned nothing since the other "strong" Espada jobbed to regular captains and nonbankai visoreds.

RIP in peace Hallibel.
>>
>>160911031

The ONLY fight that came close was Rukia vs 9.

And even THAT was a rehash of a plot device from SS.
>>
>>160911031
>chinese monk
>ghost girlfriend
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>160911058
>Shunsui
>Regular captain

>Barragan was literally defeated by a sheer lucky guess on a Visoreds part and very nearly won against his opponents
>>
There is a Bleach live action being made with Kubo being involved in production to make sure it keeps in faithfulness to the manga. Its covering the Save Rukia arc.

Sota Fukushi is playing Ichigo
Shinsuke Sato is the director
>>
>>160911113
>Shunsui>Regular captain

Yes.

Regular captain.

>Barragan was literally defeated by a sheer lucky guess on a Visoreds part and very nearly won against his opponents

Nothing like asspull victories that come at virtually zero cost.

Really ups the stakes when you get everything you want with nothing risked.
>>
File: skullylaugh.jpg (88KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
skullylaugh.jpg
88KB, 544x400px
>>160911084
>Rukia vs Aaroneiro was even remotely a good fight

>Compared to literally EVERY OTHER fight in HM
>>
File: IMG_0964.jpg (39KB, 318x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
39KB, 318x389px
>>160911084
>The ONLY fight that came close was Rukia vs 9
Fuck. You're such a huge SSfag, Rukiafag, and Ichirukifag. Your huge bias and clouded judgement are unparalleled.
>>
>>160911159

At least that had a reason why RUKIA needed to kill AARONEIRO.

Compared to everyone else who Ichigo tried to turn into vegeta.
>>
>>160910853
All the decent fights in SS rely on the underlying tension of the situation. In a vacuum they're not that great. Rukia vs Aaroniero had a greater emotional impact than anything in SS. Ichigo vs Grimmjow was better composed than anything in SS. And Ichigo vs Ulquiorra had a better climax than anything in SS.

There's a clear reason why everyone is fighting in the arc. If you're too dumb to see it I don't know what to tell you. But as for stakes Karakura Town is on the line where as with SS it was just Rukia's life.

SS gives us barely enough lore to know what's happening in the moment. HM tries to expand the backstory. Notice there's nothing about the Hell Gate in SS either.

Espada numbering was an easy and effective way to build hype. And Ulquiorra being revealed to be #4 was a decent twist. And the Espada were just as compelling antagonists as the Captains. Moreso for some I'd say.

The twists would be Hitsugaya stabbing Momo, Aizen's keikaku reveal, Aizen fusing with the Hogyouku, Tousen getting hollowfied, Ulquiorra's number, Nel being an Espada, etc...etc...
>>
File: ikkaku.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ikkaku.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>160911087
>>
>>160911156
>One of the oldest, most experienced captains that was able to fight with a non-serious Yamamoto without getting fryed

>Regular captain

>Asspull victories with zero cost
>Half the characters in that fight lost an arm with Orihime being an entire dimension away, meaning both would be literal handicapped in later fights

Nigga, you're fulla shit
>>
>>160911205
You forgot Gin and his real reason for "joining" Aizens side. Also his death. Also Vasto!Lord Ichigo was pretty fucking hype.
>>
File: VastoLord_Ichigo_by_BlueDemon13.jpg (183KB, 750x1065px) Image search: [Google]
VastoLord_Ichigo_by_BlueDemon13.jpg
183KB, 750x1065px
>>160911205
>And Ichigo vs Ulquiorra had a better climax than anything in SS.

Okay, I agree with everything else, but this right here is bullshit.

Only good thing that came out of that climax was pic related, and that forms only other appearance was in a non-canon movie.
>>
>>160911205

Read this.

This is the counterargument.

The reason why SS is better at the underlying tension is because we can conceptualize "gotta save Rukia".

Compared to "my town is going to be turned into a spirit key to see a king no one has met so Aizen can...profit".

Ichigo vs Ulq, better climax than Ichigo vs Byak, even though Ichigo vs Ulq is literally the same fight just with arrancar.

Grimmjow better composed.

Whoopdeedoo, Kubo drew a pretty fight that the winner was inconsequential to.

SS gives us barely enough lore to know what's happening in the moment

And that's all we need. Gives the arc a real, making up the plan as I go along (before we found out this is what Kubo was actually doing and his plot holes consumed the story).

>And the Espada were just as compelling antagonists as the Captains. Moreso for some I'd say.

You are wrong and I can't help you.

Name a single Espada the story is lesser for if they weren't involved.

>The twists would be Hitsugaya stabbing Momo, Aizen's keikaku reveal, Aizen fusing with the Hogyouku, Tousen getting hollowfied, Ulquiorra's number, Nel being an Espada

All twists too little too late in an arc that was losing steam fast at its closing.

And all events that play little into the final arc, outside of not being able to kill Aizen.
>>
>>160911298
That form was referenced in the tybw arc. With Shiro mixing with Maskai and Aizen doing his keikaku creating the very Ichigo that would set things in motion so he could ultimately rebel against ss.
>>
>>160911239
>Half the characters in that fight lost an arm with Orihime being an entire dimension away, meaning both would be literal handicapped in later fightsNigga, you're fulla shit

It's true.

We should have noticed it during the SS arc, but nobody dies in Bleach so stop pretending like anyone who matters is going to bite it.

And then Kubo proved us wrong by killing one captain and a lieutenant who gives a fuck.
>>
>>160911354
>You are wrong and I can't help you.
when are you going to learn that your opinions aren't facts?
>>
>>160911268

That was a good 6 pages before never being brought up again.
>>
>>160911412

When you realize your arguments suck and at least try to LOOK like you're putting in enough effort to be worth discussing in detail.
>>
>>160911402
Three captains die and one vice captain. When Ulquiorra died plenty of people were upset, some still are. Just because your opinion doesn't line up with theirs doesn't mean it's true. Same thing with the captains.
>>
>>160911469
newfag detected
>>
File: IMG_0931.jpg (46KB, 355x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0931.jpg
46KB, 355x588px
>>160911469
Not everyone agrees with what your saying. Your sole opinion on the manga is not a fact. I don't get why this is such a hard thing for to understand. You really like to act as if you're some type of spokesperson for the entire fanbase.
>>
>>160911519

Captain general.

Captain Tuberculosis to become a part of the soul key.

And Captain Unohana to give Captain Two Hands a wasted power up.

And Vice Captain gets taken down in threes by Ichigo bare handed.

Kubo balked at killing Byakuya.
>>
>>160911582

Just the only one to not let my ship cloud the manga.

USS Tatsigo. Lost at sea with all hands.
>>
>>160900003
Maybe they'll do the Quincy Arc and actually not rush it.
>>
File: 1469704828418.jpg (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469704828418.jpg
74KB, 800x800px
I can't believe it's been a year (I think) since the manga ended and we still get shipping posts.

It's the same shit every time and I kek every time like it's the first time. I love you guys and I'm an IRfag.
>>
>>160911775
why does rukia look like a guy here
>>
File: yamamotos-bankai-zanka-no-tachi.jpg (176KB, 1200x823px) Image search: [Google]
yamamotos-bankai-zanka-no-tachi.jpg
176KB, 1200x823px
>>160911692
Yamamoto?
>>
>>160911354
You are so ridiculously deluded there's no real point in arguing. You keep throwing around this idea that the fights in HM didn't lead anywhere and there was no point and blah blah blah. You're putting on blinders because it's easier to accept that way.

>we can conceptualize "gotta save Rukia"
>we can't conceptualize "Aizen is going to kill thousands of people in my home town"
Are you retarded?

Ichigo vs Byakuya I such a horribly bland fight. And its climax is also just as shit. Ulquiorra's at the very least had some hype power level shit going on.

Fight composition in a BATTLE SHONEN is a big deal nigger. It's also the only Bleach fight that doesn't rely on the turn based power ups. Both start the fight at full power and beat the shit out of each other until one goes down. The closest you'll find in SS is Ichigo vs Renji which was awful. And the consequence was the same as every fight that happened in SS. Ichigo gets injured and moves towards the final goal later.

SS was barebones in lore and most of it was only sensical in retrospect. Hueco Mundo actually explained how some things work just because it was interesting, which is good.

Oh? Were Komamura, Tousen, Soi Fon, Shunsui, Unohana, Yamamoto all compelling antagonists in their arc? Renji was a great villain right? Grimmjow, Nnoitra, Ulquiorra, Aaroniero, Starrk, Barragan, and Halibel were all good designed characters that made the arc entertaining.

Yeah you're just bitching for no real reason. SS's biggest twist came in the epilogue of the arc. It was good because of that. FKT definitely dragged on too long because of all the fucking incessant lieutenant fights but honestly those were also decent.

Nothing you wrote there is "fact" we're both arguing with opinions but you're deluded in to thinking that things can only be good if they were done in SS.
>>
>>160909227
>>160909384
Ichigo with less than half of his reiatsu remaining was stopping released Yammi's punches, easily running circles around him and tanking and destroying the balas with no damage whatsoever. It wasn't until he wore the new hollow mask that he wasn't able to keep up anymore because of internal drama.

His performance against Nnoitra doesn't matter, as Nnoitra was a dirty fighter that used human shields and distractions to fight, and waited until Ichigo was battle worn to even fight him in the first place.

I could go on about Ichigo's power dropping significantly due to a combination of the reaper badge, emotional turmoil and neglect of his powers, or how Byakuya and Kenpachi got stronger and so on, but anybody that didn't speedread should know all this.
>>
Is it over?
>>
>>160912542
I hope so.
>>
>>160904850
Well, as bad as it was, he did plan for Ichigo to be part Quincy or some shit from the beginning.
>>
File: New.jpg (309KB, 736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
New.jpg
309KB, 736x1024px
>>
>>160913397
Cute double date.
>>
File: 1428043448121.jpg (376KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
1428043448121.jpg
376KB, 500x539px
I love Orihime. I'm sad I missed all the discussion.
>>
>>160909864
>this much tumblr
thank god this shit manga was canned
>>
>>160912542
Yes. The corpse is still twitching with some shit LNs though.
>>
>>160904623
>bullshit revisionism
>didn't plan to take the story that far

That's bullshit in of itself motherfucker. Aizen outright told Ichigo that he knew of him since the day he was born. He was literally about to tell him that he's a trifecta of hollow, shinigami, and quincy before his dad stepped in.

Kubo had it all planned out, you just gotta see the clues cause he doesn't spoonfeed you like other motherfuckers do. That's why it got to be a big meme that Kubo was doing "plotkai" and "asspulls", cause goombas like you didn't understand that there were clues that certain things were gonna happen.

I would say that he seriously planned the Juha Bach arc since soul society arc. I will fucking fight you on that my friend. I 100% believe it.
>>
File: 1428023867801.png (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428023867801.png
59KB, 300x300px
>>
File: 1428041459345.jpg (111KB, 672x632px) Image search: [Google]
1428041459345.jpg
111KB, 672x632px
>>160914388
>>
File: 1428041968894.png (940KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1428041968894.png
940KB, 798x1200px
>>160914402
>>
File: 1428043157544.jpg (583KB, 1400x997px) Image search: [Google]
1428043157544.jpg
583KB, 1400x997px
>>160914419
>>
File: 1428045274467.jpg (293KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
1428045274467.jpg
293KB, 1280x920px
>>160914444
>>
File: 1428045892902.gif (354KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1428045892902.gif
354KB, 500x271px
>>160914464
>>
File: 1428045545987.gif (773KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428045545987.gif
773KB, 500x281px
>>160914476
>>
File: 1428046431123.jpg (2MB, 4151x3043px) Image search: [Google]
1428046431123.jpg
2MB, 4151x3043px
>>160914495
>>
File: 1428047362242.jpg (81KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1428047362242.jpg
81KB, 600x440px
>>160914518
>>
File: 1428049914808.jpg (171KB, 655x799px) Image search: [Google]
1428049914808.jpg
171KB, 655x799px
>>160914539
>>
File: 1428362363876.jpg (2MB, 1287x2067px) Image search: [Google]
1428362363876.jpg
2MB, 1287x2067px
>>160914557
>>
>>160914539
Some of the hottest girls in Bleach. And also Rukia.
>>
File: 1428287500573.png (210KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
1428287500573.png
210KB, 657x360px
>>160914577
>>
File: 1430277545977.jpg (148KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430277545977.jpg
148KB, 1000x720px
>>160914593
>>160914581
Kubo can really draw girls.
>>
File: 1430276651162.jpg (76KB, 597x507px) Image search: [Google]
1430276651162.jpg
76KB, 597x507px
>>160914609
>>
File: 1431051435206.jpg (47KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431051435206.jpg
47KB, 424x600px
>>160914625
>>
File: 1431053154714.jpg (251KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1431053154714.jpg
251KB, 760x1200px
>>160914647
>>
File: 1431053460326.png (653KB, 607x959px) Image search: [Google]
1431053460326.png
653KB, 607x959px
>>160914661
>>
File: 1431794498228.jpg (469KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1431794498228.jpg
469KB, 899x1300px
>>160914679
>>
File: 1454946869866.jpg (140KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
1454946869866.jpg
140KB, 1000x673px
>>160914696
>>
File: 1454947069148.jpg (539KB, 1599x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1454947069148.jpg
539KB, 1599x1146px
>>160914720
Her eye color in that picture will always make me sad.
>>
File: 1454947225842.jpg (79KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454947225842.jpg
79KB, 719x1000px
>>160914742
>>
File: 1454947300862.jpg (96KB, 1023x703px) Image search: [Google]
1454947300862.jpg
96KB, 1023x703px
>>160914764
>>
>>160914388
>>160914402
>>160914518
>>160914539
>>160914593

Orihime post HM is so fucking trash. What the fuck happened? Literally more worse than pre-SS
>>
File: 1454947380519.jpg (212KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454947380519.jpg
212KB, 1280x1024px
>>160914780
>>
File: 1428047640217.jpg (93KB, 728x672px) Image search: [Google]
1428047640217.jpg
93KB, 728x672px
>>160914795
She can still be incredibly cute.
>>
File: 1454947583610.jpg (125KB, 891x630px) Image search: [Google]
1454947583610.jpg
125KB, 891x630px
>>160914805
>>
File: 1502263507835.jpg (31KB, 309x283px) Image search: [Google]
1502263507835.jpg
31KB, 309x283px
>>160914805
Why hasn't this hack finished bleach and move on to a new project? Surely this time he can write something compelling.
>>
File: 1454947712413.jpg (346KB, 1584x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1454947712413.jpg
346KB, 1584x1173px
>>160914850
>>
File: 1454948160696.jpg (144KB, 887x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1454948160696.jpg
144KB, 887x1300px
>>160914864
Kubo is still dealing with medical issues. He isn't actively working on Bleach, just a few illustrations for the novels. I'm sure he'll announce something before 2017 ends.
>>160914867
>>
>>160914887
>medical issues
Sauce me up
>>
File: 1455259966265.png (52KB, 689x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1455259966265.png
52KB, 689x1100px
>>160914887
>>
>>160914835
She looks like one cockslap away from being mindbroken there.
>>
File: 1428047705405.jpg (172KB, 800x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1428047705405.jpg
172KB, 800x1163px
>>160914903
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/11/17/bleach-author-shares-emotional-story-of-ending-manga
>>160914915
She's a strong girl.
>>
File: 1455508619785.jpg (916KB, 2504x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1455508619785.jpg
916KB, 2504x1790px
>>160914956
>>
File: 1467676919825.jpg (2MB, 1449x3490px) Image search: [Google]
1467676919825.jpg
2MB, 1449x3490px
>>160914982
>>
>>160900003

I was always extremely bored by Bleach, more so that any other show that I've watched along the same lines.

I even enjoyed FT more, even though it had objectively worse world building and general story telling by a pretty long shot. At least the characters there were fun.
>>
>>160907135
am I the only one who enjoyed the Szayel fight? I know it's long as fuck, but his sadist side and weird shenanigans made it fun for me
>>
File: 1463430054774.jpg (347KB, 1456x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1463430054774.jpg
347KB, 1456x1038px
>>160915042
>>
File: 1455501051870.jpg (294KB, 1599x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1455501051870.jpg
294KB, 1599x1112px
>>160915074
Looking back, the fight was decent. It was a little harder to stomach when waiting weekly for chapters since not much actually happened.
>>
File: 1467746676681.jpg (961KB, 1076x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467746676681.jpg
961KB, 1076x1280px
>>160915108
>>
File: 1466582928911.jpg (142KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
1466582928911.jpg
142KB, 400x565px
>>160915130
>>
File: 1468197567624.jpg (117KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
1468197567624.jpg
117KB, 400x568px
>>160915148
>>
>>160908372
If you think that generic "damsel in distress no 1123581321: ghost samurais edition" is good romance then you're just deluded
>>
File: 1468147545793.jpg (24KB, 353x499px) Image search: [Google]
1468147545793.jpg
24KB, 353x499px
>>160915165
>>
File: 1468550164859.jpg (148KB, 655x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468550164859.jpg
148KB, 655x800px
>>160915199
>>
File: 1468605578901.jpg (2MB, 7316x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1468605578901.jpg
2MB, 7316x5000px
>>160915214
>>
>>160903700
>And Kenpachi gets a powerup by swinging his sword with two hands.
This was fucking awesome
>>
File: 1468611864108.jpg (247KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
1468611864108.jpg
247KB, 600x425px
>>160915239
>>
File: 1468627691054.jpg (120KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
1468627691054.jpg
120KB, 800x704px
>>160915260
>>
>>160915247
Yeah, it's too bad that Kubo decided that it would be fun to piss off the fans and turned him and the other popular captains into jobbers.
>>
File: 1468627764303.jpg (91KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
1468627764303.jpg
91KB, 600x387px
>>160915289
>>160915301
Japan really liked the captains. It didn't matter if they jobbed, all they needed to do was show up.
>>
File: 1468627628761.jpg (140KB, 457x650px) Image search: [Google]
1468627628761.jpg
140KB, 457x650px
>>160915316
>>
>>160914956
Masaki is th Orihime we deserved. And it actually seemed like Kubo was going in that direction with that one Ginjo scene, alas he changed his mind.
>>
File: 1468628147139.jpg (110KB, 822x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1468628147139.jpg
110KB, 822x1150px
>>160915335
I really think we would have seen more of Orihime's personality in the Fullbring arc if it wasn't cut short.
>>
>>160914956
He looks healthier already. A couple of years ago he'd turned into a weird bloated thing that looked ready to die at any minute.
>>
File: 1468940437576.jpg (147KB, 403x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468940437576.jpg
147KB, 403x360px
>>160915381
He also has problems with his tendons. Whatever the case, we should eventually get the video interview Jump promised. Maybe we'll learn about his future then.
>>
File: Bleach v6-018.jpg (274KB, 1466x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach v6-018.jpg
274KB, 1466x1191px
This thread needs more Rukia but I need to get some sleep. Maybe next time I'll drop my collection like the Orihimefag is doing.
>>
File: 1468629225296.jpg (111KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468629225296.jpg
111KB, 600x750px
>>160915404
>>
File: JumpSpread6.jpg (3MB, 2190x1300px) Image search: [Google]
JumpSpread6.jpg
3MB, 2190x1300px
>>160915418
Dumping is always appreciated, especially in threads like these.
>>
File: 1469365012202.gif (997KB, 498x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469365012202.gif
997KB, 498x614px
>>160915453
>>
File: 1468634007251.jpg (302KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468634007251.jpg
302KB, 772x1024px
>>160915479
>>
File: 1467504051127.png (264KB, 1280x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1467504051127.png
264KB, 1280x1058px
>>160915500
>>
File: 1468631475854.jpg (658KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468631475854.jpg
658KB, 840x1200px
>>160915518
>>
File: 1467855128060.jpg (455KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
1467855128060.jpg
455KB, 1280x1816px
>>160915529
>>
File: 1351902854651.jpg (108KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
1351902854651.jpg
108KB, 500x473px
>>160915404
Maybe he'll become a minimalist interior designer.
>>
File: 1465881001250.gif (194KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465881001250.gif
194KB, 400x200px
>>160915541
>>
File: 1428042397696.jpg (47KB, 500x224px) Image search: [Google]
1428042397696.jpg
47KB, 500x224px
>>160915570
>>
File: 08.jpg (118KB, 675x1100px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
118KB, 675x1100px
>>160915586
>>
File: 007.jpg (267KB, 761x1200px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
267KB, 761x1200px
>>160915608
>>160915567
He'd excel at his job.
>>
File: 1428050264913.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428050264913.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
I'm still sad Kubo never explained the significance of the shape of Orihime's hair pins.
>>
File: 008.png (312KB, 901x1300px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
312KB, 901x1300px
>>160915682
Especially considering he used the shape more than once. Here is the same shape appearing on the elevator.
>>
File: 009.png (147KB, 1754x1300px) Image search: [Google]
009.png
147KB, 1754x1300px
>>160915701
The shape could also be found on the uniform of the Elite Sternritter.
>>
File: 1455329177436.png (66KB, 412x459px) Image search: [Google]
1455329177436.png
66KB, 412x459px
>>160915720
It was also used here, but this one is more of a stretch.
>>
File: 1428042799550.jpg (173KB, 750x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1428042799550.jpg
173KB, 750x1192px
>>160915732
Oh well. Just another mystery that will be answered eventually. Maybe.
>>
>>160901691
His character is good but I think his powers are too complicated that it became fucking lame
>>
File: 1455678312178.png (128KB, 640x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1455678312178.png
128KB, 640x1100px
>>160915769
I'm still rooting for a fairy world to exist.
>>
>>160905063
Much better than one piss threads, isn't it?
I wish shippingfags would fuck off this place
>>
>>160915810
Those threads used to be somewhat decent. I never thought I would want the power level fags back.
>>
File: bleach-2379123.jpg (162KB, 800x1166px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-2379123.jpg
162KB, 800x1166px
>>160915804
>>
>>160915804
These things never appeared again after the first arc, didn't they?
Heck only one fairy got any screentime/character, the offensive fairy.
>>
File: 1428021286837.png (379KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1428021286837.png
379KB, 500x450px
>>160915839
Also, her scenes with Riruka were enjoyable.
>>
File: 71.png (3MB, 1035x1610px) Image search: [Google]
71.png
3MB, 1035x1610px
>>160915877
Pretty much. It's tragic, they were fascinating and helped explained why Orihime had such a broken power.
>>
File: 1428041731181.png (349KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1428041731181.png
349KB, 500x450px
>>160915880
>>
File: 1428041793297.png (187KB, 306x319px) Image search: [Google]
1428041793297.png
187KB, 306x319px
>>160915924
>>
File: 1428041856276.png (138KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428041856276.png
138KB, 300x300px
>>160915954
Orihime worked well with other people.
>>
>>160915877
And he was the least important one.
>>
File: 1428046540948.jpg (284KB, 645x498px) Image search: [Google]
1428046540948.jpg
284KB, 645x498px
>>160915973
>>
All I want to know is if Aizen's sword shattering during his battle with Ichigo was actually intended to be his Shikai being cast.
>>
>>160915988
I still can't believe Kubo made such a huge deal of Hime regaining Tsubaki and training to be able to fight and not just heal/shield only for her to heal/shield for the rest of the arc and not once attack anyone.
>>
File: 1469953735441.png (85KB, 903x527px) Image search: [Google]
1469953735441.png
85KB, 903x527px
>>160901006
>Soul Society is shit because my ass says so
>gets forced into an argument and starts losing

100 posts later

>>160907481
>>160907753

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ICHIRUKI SHOULD'VE HAPPENED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HUECO MUNDO IS SHIT BECAUSE ORIHIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EVERY SINGLE TIME
>>
File: bleach-13878.jpg (84KB, 800x1181px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-13878.jpg
84KB, 800x1181px
>>160916018
She never had any killing intent. She never wanted to hurt anyone; she only wanted to protect the ones she loved. However, I do agree that I wish she used her powers in a more offensive manner.
>>
File: 1468018775044.jpg (2MB, 1778x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1468018775044.jpg
2MB, 1778x2000px
>>160916018
She could have used her seventh fairy that she found in the Negal ruins.
>>
>>160916052
>She never had any killing intent. She never wanted to hurt anyone; she only wanted to protect the ones she loved.
And yet she explicitly went to train to be able to fight. Sado didn't want to hurt anyone either. It seemed like Kubo had just forgotten about it, it's bad writing.
>>
>>160900003
>tfw you'll never read anything as retarded as Bleach again
>>
>>160916094
Did she even mention Ulqiourra once after the dome incident? After he supposedly entrusted his heart to her?
>>
>>160916052
What's really annoying is that her powers were a hard counter for Almighty, but never used as such.
>>
File: p.png (350KB, 1036x1500px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
350KB, 1036x1500px
>>160916109
She accomplished that. Now, she never used it after this fight, but still.
>>160916140
No. I was always expecting an introspective chapter involving Orihime, especially considering the psychological trauma she went through.
>>
File: 2.png (329KB, 1043x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
329KB, 1043x1500px
>>160916191
2/2
>>160916179
You're right. At least Yhwach had to change the future due to how strong Orihime's shields were.
>>
File: d e s p a i r.png (379KB, 897x1300px) Image search: [Google]
d e s p a i r.png
379KB, 897x1300px
On a related note, Ichigo's despair was fantastic. The Fullbring arc was genuinely enjoyable.
>>
>>160916191
>She accomplished that. Now, she never used it after this fight, but still.
This scene would work nicely if it was followed upon, but on its own it means nothing. Having Orihime against some human/humanoidal opponent when she would have to kill in order to save her friends could make for a great scene, for example.
>>
File: 1462939352346.png (544KB, 515x810px) Image search: [Google]
1462939352346.png
544KB, 515x810px
>>160916371
The point is that she did develop new techniques to protect her friends. Since then, she healed arms, saved the squad from falling to death, and restored reiatsu. Her crowning achievement of the last arc was defending against Yhwach. There were too many characters in the story for Orihime to get her own individual fight.
>>
>>160916448
>The point is that she did develop new techniques to protect her friends.
And basically never used it for anything meaningful.
>Since then, she healed arms, saved the squad from falling to death, and restored reiatsu.
I don't deny it, and I wouldn't really have any problem with it if the story didn't hint she was going in different direction.
>Her crowning achievement of the last arc was defending against Yhwach.
It was cool and all, but ultimately didn't matter. And it's not like we really see her train for it, it's all off-screen.
>There were too many characters in the story for Orihime to get her own individual fight.
Come on, now, she was friggin' main character once and many people got more than one opponent. Heck, even Soi Fon got a fight, even though she didn't develop from it and only had one new technique to show (which was just improved version of the old one). Also, she wouldn't have to have individual opponent, as long as she did more than just shielding.

The saddest thing is that she still had it better than Chad.
>>
File: 1469030058418.jpg (245KB, 901x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1469030058418.jpg
245KB, 901x1300px
>>160916583
>And basically never used it for anything meaningful.
She never had the chance.
>It was cool and all, but ultimately didn't matter.
Are you one of those people who expected her to defeat Yhwach? She was able to support Ichigo against the final boss of the series.
>And it's not like we really see her train for it, it's all off-screen.
We never see anything but Ichigo train.
>Come on, now, she was friggin' main character once and many people got more than one opponent. Heck, even Soi Fon got a fight, even though she didn't develop from it and only had one new technique to show (which was just improved version of the old one). Also, she wouldn't have to have individual opponent, as long as she did more than just shielding.
She isn't an offensive fighter. The closest we get to her actively assisting in a fight was the Yhwach one.
>>
>>160916650
>She never had the chance.
The story should have given her the chance.
>Are you one of those people who expected her to defeat Yhwach? She was able to support Ichigo against the final boss of the series.
No, but if Ichigo went alone, and Orihime arrived with Rukia and Renji, nothing would have changed. Her contribution to the fight that actually mattered wasn't her supporting Ichigo in his round 3, but fixing the sword together with Tsukishima before round 4.
>She isn't an offensive fighter.
My main problem is that act I of the arrancar arc and the fullbring arc implied she would be more if it in the future.
>>
File: 69.png (2MB, 1045x1616px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
2MB, 1045x1616px
>>160916749
>The story should have given her the chance.
More Orihime works for me.
>No, but if Ichigo went alone, and Orihime arrived with Rukia and Renji, nothing would have changed.
It gave Ichigo more time to figure out Yhwach's ability. Also, Ichigo could have easily died without Orihime's shielding. Obviously that wouldn't have happened, but still.
>My main problem is that act I of the arrancar arc and the fullbring arc implied she would be more if it in the future.
Kubo introduced way too many characters. Every Shinigami had to get his own personalized fight that sometimes lasted four chapters.
>>
File: 465456.jpg (92KB, 730x946px) Image search: [Google]
465456.jpg
92KB, 730x946px
>>160916316
It was but the nips didn't like it because it felt so untraditionall and fresh
>>
>>160916810
>It gave Ichigo more time to figure out Yhwach's ability.
And what exactly did he do with the knowledge? The ones that countered it in the final fight were Aizen with his illusions and Ishida with Ryuuken's arrow.
>Also, Ichigo could have easily died without Orihime's shielding
No, since Yhwach didn't want to kill him.
>Kubo introduced way too many characters. Every Shinigami had to get his own personalized fight that sometimes lasted four chapters.
It doesn't excuse anything. Also, some got more than one fight and some didn't get any. Trading Soi Fon for Hime wouldn't hurt
anyone, especially that you could have Soi Fon replace non-character Yuushirou.

Also,I forgot this one
>>160916749
>We never see anything but Ichigo train.
Ken-chan vs Unohana was essentially training session, we've seen Uryuu training to regain his powers, we've actually seen glimpses of Chad and Orihime training before SS as opposed to Negal ruins training.
>>
Bleach continuation when?
>>
>>160917034
SInce Kubo is giving up all his secrets in a spin-off sequel, likely never.
>>
File: 1428460375884.jpg (199KB, 779x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1428460375884.jpg
199KB, 779x1155px
>>160916949
I think the main problem is that you're expecting way too much from Orihime. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved if Orihime got the spotlight, if only for a few chapters. I think the closest we got was this scene. You need to remember that the KT squad was relegated to the backseat the entire last arc.
>>
>>160917047
spin-off novel*
>>
>>160917051
>I think the main problem is that you're expecting way too much from Orihime.
No, I'm expecting way too much from Kubo. Good writing for example.
>You need to remember that the KT squad was relegated to the backseat the entire last arc.
My argument is that it shouldn't be the case, not to this degree.
>>
>>160900003
Fun thing is that for some reason Bleach was by far the best animated anime from the top 3 despite being the worst of them. Never understood why it got cancled
>>
File: 1454815145991.jpg (107KB, 750x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1454815145991.jpg
107KB, 750x1176px
>>160917107
Fair enough. I agree with you, I just wonder at what point in time could this fight have taken place? She was up with Ichigo and friends the entire time.
>>
File: hitting_puberty.png (674KB, 1778x1014px) Image search: [Google]
hitting_puberty.png
674KB, 1778x1014px
>>160917107
>Kubo and good writing
>Like that one time he shat on several characters to give the fan favorite puberty powers
You're asking WAY to much lad.
>>
>>160917246
Those threads were enjoyable. I miss release days.
>>
File: bleach-11481.jpg (131KB, 800x1189px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-11481.jpg
131KB, 800x1189px
>>
>>160917159
>I just wonder at what point in time could this fight have taken place? She was up with Ichigo and friends the entire time.
Well, as I said it wouldn't have to be exactly one-on-one as long as she's not just shield-support. So she could for example fight with Chad against another Jagdarmee captain in HM (just move one of the useless sternritters there) after Ichigo leaves, possibly to get Urahara time to counter the medallions, which would make it feel more earned and the pill scene wouldn't be as bad. Or they could be ambushed by some sternritters before getting to the cannon and going to royal palace (I guess elites should be out of their league no matter what).
>>
File: 13.jpg (173KB, 894x1300px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
173KB, 894x1300px
>>160917370
Maybe. I was a fan of BG9 controlling the statues, so that could have been a potential fight. I'm still incredibly happy that Orihime was able to fight alongside Ichigo in the last few chapters.
>>
File: 1463766906330.png (638KB, 818x607px) Image search: [Google]
1463766906330.png
638KB, 818x607px
I'm glad we finished off this thread in a decent manner. I'm looking forward to Kubo's next worth, be it Bleach 2 or something unrelated.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>160904169
Nice
>>
>>160917949
Do you have anything you actually want to discuss?
>>
>>160918166
Dunno , i just entered the thread and wanted to talk about the novels.
>>
>>160905400
Rofflemywaffles is that you?
>>
>>160918282
I think most of the stuff has already been discussed at length. If you have something specific, open a thread with this in mind. Otherwise it'll probably die soon. Judging by how the previous few months has been we don't really need more than one thread every few days.
>>
>>160918606
Ok. See you next thread.
Thread posts: 510
Thread images: 136

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.