[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a comfy Sakura Quest thread, /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 3474363453724.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3474363453724.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Can we have a comfy Sakura Quest thread, /a/
>>
I dropped it at filmig a zombie movie episode. Does it get better?
>>
Shiori is MADE for old men.
>>
>>160721150
Not really.
>>
File: seriously sq 2.png (426KB, 410x548px)
seriously sq 2.png
426KB, 410x548px
So what's wrong with this series

Unlike any of their other true SOL shows, I feel like I could just stop watching at this point and it wouldn't matter.

Is it the characters? The story? Both?
>>
>>160724601
The plot is just plain boring. There is literally nothing interesting in trying to bring more tourists to your town. If they went SoL without actual plot the series would've turned out better I guess.
>>
>>160724601
I think it's the plot not advancing at a constant rate. This transure hunting arc is taking so long (I'm not complaining though) and by the end of it, the festival will be revived, but I doubt this alone will revitalize Manoyama as a whole.
I would like to see them work in a more ambitious project rather than setting up an uber-like system for old people.
PAworks should have gone either full SoL or full town-revival series. Eitherway, I still greatly enjoy the show amd the girls but plot wise, the show is a mess.
>>
>>160726564
See, the thing I'm really digging about this is that they're being incredibly realistic about the timetables. No one super-cool idea is going to bring about instant revival, and even successful plans can takes YEARS to see turnaround.
The main problem this show has with sustaining viewers is that there is no 'killzone' or obvious path to the actual goal. Just like in real life, it's hard to determine which changes are even going to work out for the better. Top that all off with the fact that actual rural/urban planning and tourism is kinda boring to the general public, it's going to be a slow unwatchable slog to the majority who view it.
Now when a Western show does this, they'd populate the town with CRAZY characters a la Twin Peaks so that people would stay around for that, but P.A. works very much wants to keep this at least moderately rooted in reality.

All in all, the real problem the show has with engaging its viewers is that it hasn't committed to gradual development of all of its main cast in the same way they've done for the town. It feels like characters are only progressing in vignettes specifically aimed at maturing them specifically. With the organic nature P.A. Works have taken to the world-building, the character arcs still feel incredibly forced and stilted by comparison.
>>
>>160724601
PAworks was paid by the provincial government of their home office to make this series.
>>
>>160724601
Main characters too bland. Conflicts dont leave any impact. Story arcs are not engaging at all. Im only watching this for the hot restaurant milf and her bus driver lover.
>>
I've got a massive boner for small towns so I love every minute of it, but I guess not everyone's like that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.