[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Gurren Lagann the end to an era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: TTGL.png (1MB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
TTGL.png
1MB, 1024x744px
Was Gurren Lagann the end to an era?
>>
What era would that be?
>>
>>160707284
The shitty era
>>
>>160707284
Good anime
>>
>>160707284
good gainax anime
>>
>>160707284
The era of non-shit anime
>>
>>160707267
KLK felt very similar to me, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>160708658
Eh, KlK felt off for me, I didn't really like the MC as much, the action felt way too "what is the weakness of x" and how to exploit it.
>>
>>160709902
I may not got into the main character but to me KLK comedy was what made the series a good. TTGL was better for me because it had the comedy and likable characters.
>>
>>160708604
But PSG was even better than TTGL
>>
>>160707267
TTGL was ten years ago already
what the fuck, where did the years go
>>
>>160707267
No it was a comeback of the old one. Before TTGL, you had series that had to be serious and Moe or else it was for kids.
>>
>>160710093
But TTGL was for kids. It aired in the morning just before the kids went to school, just like old super robot shows.
>>
>>160710142
>It aired in the morning just before the kids went to school
oh wait it aired on sundays, just after Pokemon
>>
>>160707267

Naw, most of the team behind it is still hard at work.
>>
>>160707284
super robot shows.
>>
>>160707284
Mecha.

TTGL was the swansong of the mecha genre
>>
>>160707267
Much like Eva before it, TTGL just copied a shit ton of older shows then subverted them but not really. Its much more entertaining than Eva though, that's for certain.
>>
So the opening scene that shows the space battleship in the first episode, where does that fit in exactly. I don't remember the pigmole turning into a furry.
>>
Go Nagai's koutetushin jeeg was better
>>
>>160713463
>pigmole turning into a furry
That does happen during the dream sequence while their stuck in dense space. However the rest doesn't really fit in since their plans for the show changed at some point. There's actually a theory that the dude shown in that scene is Kamina's father since he's the only one in the series who jingles and that Boota was his sidekick; that means that the man who Lordgenome is referring to as a great spiral warrior in the past was actually Kamina's father, hence the buried Lagann near their village. All that goes to shit however in the extended works and thus its just a theory
>>
>>160713742
I had a feeling it was kaminas dad, but I didn't know what to believe after kamina found his cape. This makes sense though, and makes me happy, so I'm going to believe it.
>>
short answer: yes
long answer: yeeessssssss
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.