[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neotony in young mammals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: neoteny_001.gif (77KB, 338x440px) Image search: [Google]
neoteny_001.gif
77KB, 338x440px
Neotony (from Greek νέος neos "young" and τείνειν teínein "stretch"/"stretch out" -> stretching out of youth) denotes the delaying or slowing of the physiological development of an organism. In this case it results in: Small and stubby nose, larger skull and (undepicted) short arms and legs.

Do you see the parallels to cute anime girls?

Also, do the adult dog and bird look slightly autistic to you, too?
>>
File: little_witch_academia_010.jpg (17KB, 280x278px) Image search: [Google]
little_witch_academia_010.jpg
17KB, 280x278px
>>160642641
And the rabbit looks like it has PTSD.
>>
File: IMG_6307.jpg (125KB, 756x1451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6307.jpg
125KB, 756x1451px
>>160642641
>>
>>160643123
And huge breasts.
>>
>>160643123
Don't upscale images until they are all blurry, dumb phone poster.
>>
>>160642748
Most wild rabbits look like that. They are a very popular prey item after all and can literally die from the stress of being scared.
>>
File: 1488703338009.jpg (100KB, 230x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488703338009.jpg
100KB, 230x500px
>>160642641
The Japanese are masters of exploiting neoteny.
>>
>>160642641
White people confirmed to have bigger noses than Asians.
>>
>>160642641
>you can either be autistic or look like a retarded jew
There's no justice in the world
>>
>>160643439
The wild rabbits around my town's common are pretty chill here, basically the only animal that will prey on them would be foxes and those are uncommon in town.They live in bushes that are plentiful around here so the local birds of prey aren't going to instakill them often at all.

The ones in my hometown were fucking full-blown ptsd ones much like in the pic though, probably from the higher fisher and coyote population there.

Animal mentality isn't too far off from our own, humans were probably apt to die from sheer fear too in certain regions waaay back in the day.
>>
>>160645105
I don't know about that. The human survival strategy is very different from the rabbit's.
Sure, there's always been some folks that got traumatized, but a human society simply cannot function if the majority lives in constant fear, and any tribe that experienced this to a serious degree would have been removed from the gene pool.

Rabbits run away from every danger every time. Humans run away too, but ultimately survive by categorizing the danger and finding strategies to deal with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.