[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinland Saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: vinland-saga-4406447.jpg (264KB, 728x1034px) Image search: [Google]
vinland-saga-4406447.jpg
264KB, 728x1034px
The author should have ended the story in Farmland Saga.
Now he lost the way to conclude it.
>>
What makes you think its anywhere near ending?
>>
No, I want to see him in Rus.
>>
Well, the Thorfinn Karlsefni from the sagas got his ass handed to him by the natives and sailed back. So I guess his utopia will end in a disappointment.

I assume this adventure to Greece will follow along the same lines as the second half of the book Red Orm aka Longships by F.G. Bengtsson
>>
>>160577073
He should have ended it before the farm saga. It got incredibly boring.
>>
You can't name a series vinland Saga and then not go to Vinland.

Thorfinn is going to die on the boat ride and other Thorfinn is going to be the famous one that marries Gudrid
>>
File: GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!!!.jpg (173KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!!!.jpg
173KB, 1600x1201px
>>160579077
>wanted a generic edgefest
>>
>>160579040
If that's the ending of the series, I'm going to ask for a refund.

That's a shit ending.

This is the problem with historical saga based stories.Real life is either ridiculous, or has it's characters end in stupid ways.
>>
File: 1445421577140.png (1MB, 970x937px) Image search: [Google]
1445421577140.png
1MB, 970x937px
>>160577073
When the protag became a full-blown retarded pacifist I checked out.
>>
>>160577073
I'd say that he lost everything. Thorfinn aside, recently post farmland saga has felt like a lesser version of the first part of the manga. While Farmland Saga was its own thing from any point of view and some of the best historical manga volumes ever made.
>>
>>160580672
That's literally history you retard.
>>
I just wanted to keep carrying longboats
>>
Will americans get triggered when the vinland natives will mostly be rabid assholes?
>>
>>160577073
No
I'm actually liking the current developments
>>
I just want to see the Varangian Guard
>>
>>160579040
Wait, are they in Greece now? Haven't kept up since the end of Farmland. What's going on? Would you say it's worth picking back up?
>>
>>160577073
I think it's getting better. The beginning was good, then 'farmland saga' was a slight improvement and now I really enjoy seeing Thorfinn actually living to his word, making 'foundations' for his dream nation.

I am kind of worried this >>160579040 will happen, but I have no doubt Yukimura will come up with a satisfying ending.
>>
>>160580709
He's not a pacifist. He breaks everyone's limbs that attack him.
>>
>>160577073
It jumped the shark?
>>
>>160580907
Not him, but they're not in Greece yet, it's gonna be a long journey.
>>
>>160580625
The generic edgefest was more fun than current arcs though. Honestly, the readers were mostly pulled by the edgefest and the interesting historical setting and now the half of the premise is gone. I'm guessing editors pressed the author to bring a bit of the fun edge back, hence that new blonde spear guy and Thorkell's return.
>>
>>160580798
No, because those are the redskins. They've always been savages.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.