[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoru wa mijikashi aruke yo otome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: C7bZJP5U4AEvdEE.jpg (55KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C7bZJP5U4AEvdEE.jpg
55KB, 1200x675px
Just saw this movie. Anything you want to know about the second best anime of the year (after Yuasa's other film)?
>>
>>160526037
>(after Yuasa's other film)?
Really? Was the kids film better than this?
>>
>>160526070
I can confirm or deny tomorrow but considering it won the Cristal at Annecy and is all people are talking about in Japan I have to assume that Lu is AOTD.
>>
>>160526111
Man, Yuasa truly is a living legend.
>>
>>160526037
Didn't it flop hard?
Do you actually think it was the second best anime this year, and for what reasons do you think it flopped?
>>
>>160526608
I have no idea if (or how much) it flopped in Japan, but Yuasa himself definitely seems to be pushing Lu harder, and that one is getting a lot of recognition and awards while I don't see Yoru wa mijikashi come up on Twatter very much.
Lu seems to have both mainstream and foreign appeal while Yoru wa mijikashi is like Tatami Galaxy, with fast and literary dialogue, plays on Japanese words, cultural references and such, on top of adult themes.
I hope Lu lives up to the hype but this is still a great film, I would rate it higher than Tatami Galaxy though it might not be a fair comparison since it is a feature film. Yuasa did strongly hint that he wants to adapt the 3rd novel of Morimi's trilogy so hopefully it does well enough to justify the project.
>>
>>160526608
>>160526827
Also I obviously haven't seen everything this year, but I doubt that anything can beat this and Lu. Hirune hime is not that good, and from what I read about Mary (faux-Ghibli Yonebayashi movie) it doesn't seem nearly as well crafted.
>>
File: IMG_4277.jpg (67KB, 560x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4277.jpg
67KB, 560x601px
>>160526037
So how was it?
>>
>>160526608
>>160526827
>>160526878
In terms of structure and visual style it is kind of like a crazier Tatami Galaxy in a parallel universe. It is four stories in one and that becomes very obvious while watching, but the transitions still feel natural. I don't want to spoil anything though since a lot of what happens is foreshadowed at the beginning.

>>160527027
I think it could have benefited from being a little bit longer because of how densely packed it is, but other than that and occasional bits of Flashy Flash animation (as can be expected considering Yuasa's boner for Flash) it was great all around. The world felt alive and the characters always expressive. It reminded me of Mind Game at one point, don't think Tatami Galaxy ever went that crazy.
>>
BDs doko?
>>
File: 3_649w.jpg (158KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
3_649w.jpg
158KB, 1000x563px
Also jimukyokuchou best boy and the last musical was the best part.

>>160528762
In October
>>
>>160526608
>sales = quality
I seriously hope you don't believe this.
>>
saging but I might make another thread if Lu turns out to be good as I expect
>>
How the hell did we get two Yuasa films in one year? Sucks having to wait for BDs though.
>>
>>160532046
At least they come out relatively soon, isn't Kono sekai no katasumi ni coming out around the same time? That started screening last year while Yoru wa mijikashi came out in April. 6 months is pretty short.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.