[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only retards like nonlinear storytelling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 0CJeDetA45Q.jpg (43KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
0CJeDetA45Q.jpg
43KB, 600x315px
Only retards like nonlinear storytelling.
>>
>>160414040
Keep your shit quality google image shit off /a/.
>>
>>160414040
along with this, flashbacks can go fuck off unless they start a story.
>>
File: 1500321205056.jpg (102KB, 907x895px) Image search: [Google]
1500321205056.jpg
102KB, 907x895px
Retards don't like it because they can't understand such a powerful storytelling device with their retard brains.
>>
>>160414275
What anime/manga do you hate the most?
>>
Haruhi nonlinear or Baccano nonlinear?
>>
>>160414290
This
>>
>>160414040
Only faggots like dick shaped storytelling.
>>
>>160415277
Name 2^1.3 animes that do this.
>>
>>160414290
Not him (he sounds mentally challenged) but if you have to resort to a storytelling gimmick of any kind including messing with the chronology of events unless you want to make your viewer feel as confused as one of the characters which is barely a valid reason for this cheap faggotry, your story wasn't interesting to stand on its own to begin with.
>>
>>160414335
Haruhi isn't nonlinear.
It's spliced into bits and presented in a nonlinear fashion to confuse the viewer.
Once you learn that the magic is gone and it seems like a cheap trick.
Baccano on the other hand was very well done nonlinear storytelling.
>>
>>160415728
>getting confused just because it's not linear
You sound rather mentally challenged yourself.
>>
>>160414040
t. Brainlet

too complicated for you? I bet you're one of those fags complaining about the Monogatari broadcast/novel order
>>
>>160415868
In that case the confusion is by design ya dolt, not just because of the non-chronological order. You purposely give the viewers incomplete information that would be essential to understand the situation or you bombard him with result without explaining how you got there. A perfect example would be the movie Memento (I really can't find a better example). Without the non-linear storytelling, it would be a boring story about a forgetful dude, but because the director managed to make the viewer feel as confused as an amnesiac, it turns into a different experience. And even then, it's still cheap as fuck. A good writer doesn't need cheap tricks to keep the viewers interested. It's cheap because it gives the idiots watching a false sense of mental stimulation, oh, so instead of 1-2-3-4 you gave me 4-2-1-3 but I still followed the plot. How smart am I? Too bad I was too distracted by the order of 4-2-1-3 to realize that 1-2-3-4 was mediocre shit in the first place.
>>
This argument is retarded. Not everything has to be good in the exact same way you retard. Good writing can consist of messing around with the style of the writing itself. It's not just black and white. You're just another one of those faggots who completely misses the point of thins and autistically thinks everything has to be judged by the exact same metric as if they were the exact same kind of thing.
>>
>>160414290
Wait, how is episodic garbage harder to understand and create than an interconnected coherent story that actually has length?
>>
>>160414335
>>160415820
multiple perspectives =/= nonlinear
>>
>>160416357
Yeah, Memento sucks if you take away the nonlinear aspect. And Back to the Future sucks if you take away the time travel aspect. And Star Wars sucks if you take away the interstellar conflict aspect. And The Godfather sucks if you take away the mafia aspect.
>>
>>160416897
It's been a while since I watched it, I might be wrong.
>>
>>160416897

would you define nonlinear? it jumps backwards and forwards in time
>>
Only retards hate nonlinear storytelling.
>>
Will Kyoanus make another animated masterpiece with this?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.