[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is basically magical girl mecha, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: diebuster3.png (207KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
diebuster3.png
207KB, 300x300px
So this is basically magical girl mecha, right?
>>
>>160376452
it's basically better than it's prequel in every way
>>
File: 1500740409702.jpg (67KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500740409702.jpg
67KB, 848x480px
>>160377389
>>
>>160377389
Consider this: Gunbuster is the greatest mecha anime of all time.

Now revise your assertion.
>>
File: 2017-05-03_10-33-55.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-03_10-33-55.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>160380300
>Gunbuster is the greatest mecha anime of all time
That's an odd way of spelling Zeta.
>>
>>160380300
>>160380950
That's a strange way of spelling IBO.
>>
File: Ideon_poster.jpg (137KB, 1060x1507px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon_poster.jpg
137KB, 1060x1507px
>>160380950
>>160380984
That's odd, I didn't realize they released children from preschool at this time of night.
>>
>>160381268
It's 1PM in the afternoon my man.
Gunbuster>Zeta
>>
>>160381543
Do they even have anime in Australia?
>>
>>160381817
>Forgetting underwater ray romano
Also internet.
>>
>>160376452
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from mahou shoujo."

>>160377389
>>160380984
That's odd, I came here expecting a comfy Diebuster thread but it's already in bait overdrive 10 posts in. Can we tone down the Summer, please?
>>
File: eufoe.png (275KB, 598x447px) Image search: [Google]
eufoe.png
275KB, 598x447px
Gunbuster gave me a slightly melancholy but hopeful ending. Diebuster's last 15 minutes made me shed a tear. Lal'C and Nono's friendship was just too good for this world.
>>
>>160377389
This is some real lackluster bait.
>>
>>160382526
Nono was too good for Lal'C. I honestly didn't feel that Lal'C had the right to have her moral grandstanding at the end when she was a complete and utter cunt the whole time. Yeah, sure, she was written to be a quasi-anti-oneesama, but fuck me was she unbearable most of the time. Also, when you think about it, Nono really loved Nonoririkoko and not really Lal'C... she was just there, I guess, and was a space pilot. Kinda creepy when you think about it.
>>
>>160376452
gunbuster was okay. Diebuster was a pile of shit
>>
>>160382869
>gunbuster was okay. Diebuster was a pile of shit
Gunbuster is overrated for various reasons but isn't simply 'okay'. It's pretty good actually, I wish more anime could nail and ending as perfectly as Gunbuster did.

Diebuster was a definitive 'okay'. I think that the worst thing about it is that it pretends to be a sequel when it really should have been its own thing. What really bothers me about Diebuster is the setting. That shit should have been fucking magic, something completely unexplainable, but it's okay because lol FLCL randumbness.
>>
>>160382706
I think it did a good job of setting up Nono as the protagonist (where she arguably did love the idea of Lal'C [Nono-Riri] rather than Lal'C herself) then turning her into this impossible being by then end that just loved everyone despite their flaws, even a bitch like Lal'C who was really just a stuck up teenager who was angsty and who's boyfriend tried to rape Buster Machine #7
>>
File: dkdyw.png (166KB, 467x354px) Image search: [Google]
dkdyw.png
166KB, 467x354px
>>160383040
>That shit should have been fucking magic, something completely unexplainable, but it's okay because lol FLCL randumbness.
It was still more explainable than TTGL, the latter of which only gets slack because from the beginning it pushes it in your face that "logic doesn't mean shit."
Moreover, Diebuster would have been a lot shittier on its own without having seen Gunbuster first because of the actual version of this anon's initial comment >>160382517: that is, the events of Diebuster take place ~11,990 years after Gunbuster which is a slightly-more-scientific version of modern day.
>>
File: brain problems2.jpg (51KB, 367x541px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems2.jpg
51KB, 367x541px
>>160383040
>calls something overrated
>overrates it anyway
?
>>
>>160383247
Just because something is overrated doesn't mean it can't be good.
>>
>>160383091
I just feel that the chemistry wasn't there. At all. Nono's earnestness and devotion was endearing, very moe, we wanted her to reach for the stars. But that disgusting Lal'Cuck was the antithesis of what an oneesama should have been and the opposite of what Nono deserved. I get it that it's supposed to be this coming of age story, it's really about seeing Lal'C overcome her bitchiness and mature as a brown person... so why do they force this supposed chemistry between her and Nono? Doesn't make any sense to me.

>>160383227
>It was still more explainable than TTGL, the latter of which only gets slack because from the beginning it pushes it in your face that "logic doesn't mean shit."
Eh, I should've picked words a bit more carefully. And it's not like Gunbuster ever strives to be hard sci-fi, it's just that Diebuster goes full "hey, Buster Machines now come in toy boxes with optional stickers!", it really is a significant shift in tone from Gunbuster. I know, I know, 12.000 years and all but it still feels wrong.

>Moreover, Diebuster would have been a lot shittier on its own without having seen Gunbuster
This is a good point and one that I have mixed feeling about. I understand that Diebuster only works because it is attached, for better or for worse, to Gunbuster, but if they had chosen to go the TTGL route and presented us with a whole new show, I don't know, it's a big "what if".

>>160383247
>?
Who are you quoting? You have anons in this very thread calling it The Best Mecha Anime Of All Timeā„¢ (don't even get me started...) and you think I'm overrating it? Jesus Christ. Gunbuster had genuinely great things about it in the 2.5 episodes it was good.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.