[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CGI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: C G EYE.webm (669KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C G EYE.webm
669KB, 1280x720px
This CGI shit is one hell of a immersion breaker.
I'd rather have them show me an empty street instead of these awkward puppets.
>>
>>160267694
>the state of anime
>in the year two thousand and seventeen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IuQs_Fl-dE
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>160267731
Breathtaking animation.
>>
>>160267694
cause nips are fucking retarded
that would be a lot better if it was rendered in 60fps
Just have a fucking look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5JCBUH0wk
>>
>cgi background characters
>cgi horses
>cgi buses and cars
>full cgi shows
When will it end?
>>
>>160267884
Kemono Friends unironically killed anime.
>>
>>160267731
CGI is the answer. -Son of Hideo Miyazaki, 2017
>>
>>160269977
Kemono Friends proved to the industry that full CGI can sell. Kemono Friends may unironically be the most influential anime since Evangelion
>>
>>160267694
The Japanese are only just now starting to get into it, they're just straight up ignorant of how to do it right as of right now, in addition to the fact that they're incredibly unskilled with it.

They're entire animation industry is full of people that learn how to draw 2d, but 3d is confusing new territory for them.
>>
>>160270396
It'd be a pretty big shame if that was the case, cute crappy CGI being a new, predominate market to actively discourage people from actually putting effort into their works.
>>
>>160271131
I remember it airing in the same hour as Hand Shakers. That must've felt bad.

The important thing is, after first episodes it's not the quality that matters but consistency - you adjust expectations. KF's CGI worked in context of story and atmosphere it was shooting for.
>>
>>160271031
While I vastly prefer 2D at least stay consistent.
I'd be just as confused if 3D was the expensive option and they'd randomly use 2D to save money.
>>
>>160270396
Arpeggio already did it
>>
>>160269977
>a full cgi show is the same thing as shoehorning awful cgi into 2d anime to cut costs
>>
>>160269977
>>160271266

I think it only worked for KF because that show gave a consistent feeling of "ambitious amateur side project" in all aspects (cgi models, movement, voice acting etc.). That was kinda charming on its own. I think it will be very difficult to replicate that in a copycat approach.
>>
>>160267731

>Studio Ghibi

UGH, another pretentious shit? No thanks!
>>
>>160267731
Full 3D shows are a small minority, so how do they represent the state of anime?

>>160267782
>cause nips are fucking retarded
It's because replicating hand-drawn anime movements in 3D animation is difficult, even moreso when you have to do it cost-effectively enough that it still makes sense to use 3D instead of drawing the characters by hand.

>>160271031
They've been using 3D animation for over twenty years, there's nothing new about it. And they aren't trying to do the same thing as Pixar nor do they have the same amount of time and money.
>>
Tsuki ga QUALITY suffered from this all the damn time, it was jarring to watch.
>>
>>160267694
They even recycle this exact scene later.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.