[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Naruto was actually kind of okay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 30

File: 1414339701172.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414339701172.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Remember when Naruto was actually kind of okay?
>>
>>160199056
Never?

But man, I wish I ignored my friends when they said to me to read this shit like 12 years ago when people started translating it.
>>
>>160199056
chunin exams was goat
>>
>>160199784
>Never?
Hipster
>>
>>160199056
Through the ninja exams at the very beginning. That was what 20 years ago now? Hard to support a series where only 1/25th of the content is any good. Reminds me of that NBC show Heroes. People just can't let it go that it was garbage after 3/4 of one season.
>>
>>160199056
Yeah. Before the timeskip. It wasn't good, but it was pretty solid. After the timeskip it was bad.
>>
>>160199056
When I first got the access to the internet the first thing I did was watch and read all there was about Naruto. Time sure flies.
>>
>>160199056
all of part 1 was bretty gud if we talking manga/ignoring filler
shippuden was worse but I still think wasn't garbage until after the pain fight, it really should've finished then
>>
You mean most of the manga with a few exceptions up until Kaguya happened?
>>
>>160199056
It was always "okay" at least until the ninja war started then it was painfully bad.
>>
It would've been better if every nearly villain didn't get a sad backstory arc.
>>
Reminder that if you haven't yet watch Boruto because its everything good about the beginning of Naruto cranked up to 11
>>
File: 1498859971875.png (302KB, 449x614px) Image search: [Google]
1498859971875.png
302KB, 449x614px
>>160203796
>Reminder that if you haven't yet watch Boruto because its everything good about the beginning of Naruto cranked up to 11
>Let's fuck around a post office for no reason for two and a half episodes
>Then fight a cultist girl who was secretly our classmate and her magic tiger monster in another dimension
Some of the writers on that show know what they're doing, but it's not always good.
>>
>>160199056
Kind of okay? It was an amazing battle shonen until the timeskip.
>>
>>160203982
>>Let's fuck around a post office for no reason for two and a half episodes
I enjoyed it

>>160203982
>>Then fight a cultist girl who was secretly our classmate and her magic tiger monster in another dimension
This shit is inevitable considering its still Naruto and it was handled in an interesting way but I'm biased because I like Sumire a lot
>>
File: the death of naruto.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
the death of naruto.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>160199056
the exactly moment when naruto goes to shit
>>
>>160204105
>It was an amazing battle shonen until the timeskip.
Nah, it wasn't amazing. It still had a kinda shitty pace at the beginning and suffered from too much talking syndrome. But if you cut the fat and left the fight scenes, it was pretty great. That's sorta the whole point of Boku no Hero.
>>
Post a show that had more creative and intelligent battles than original Naruto
>>
>>160204221
What? That was at the start of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc when he made a promise to Sakura right?

If so, incorrect. That arc was pure kino, and somehow underrated in my opinion. That arc was what a battle shonen should be, kids beating the odds and pushing themselves to the limit in the most absurd ways possible. Everything about those episodes was great, and the final fight was the ultimate cherry on top.

But if that's the final good-bye episode, then yeah I'd agree.
>>
>>160204383

HxH comes close, but that's it.

Naruto has so many great fights, it's pretty much unrivalled among anime series when it comes to having large amounts of quality fights.
>>
>>160204383
hxh
>>
Is it a bad sign when all your side characters are more likable and relatable than the main characters?
>>
Chuunin Exam/Konoha Invasion and Sasuke Rescue.
>>
>>160204720
>>160204741
I keep one seeing HxH talked about but I know nothing about it. If I were to start watching now, how long would it take to watch the whole anime? I love shonens but I hate starting new ones because they get addicting. Also,
does it have waifus?
>>
72 volumes yet it felt like nothing really happened. Arcs felt to prolonged and didnt really get a chance to world build.

I liked the idea of multiple jinchuuriki for example yet a grand majority get sidelined and dont even get to see them or the tailed beasts til the 5th shinobi war for example. The pacing was seriously fucked
>>
>>160204801
Sauce rescue arc was trash and literally ruined the series.
>>
>>160204921
>I liked the idea of multiple jinchuuriki for example yet a grand majority get sidelined
This was a serious problem. There was so much potential for there being nine individuals with crazy demon powers who essentially serve as the ninja world's equivalent of nuclear weapons but they forgoe that to give the Uchiha five hundred different eye powers.
>>
Zabuza's arc was really good
>>
>Itachi was a good guy all along and actually loved Sasuke

>This is why he mindfucked his little brother twice with his torture eyes
>>
>>160200219
The anime was never good.
Episodes and arcs drawn out for too long. Nothing actually happens in one episode. The episode starts, you have 5 minutes of re-capping what happened, then 15 minutes of standing around. Then 1 minute where some actual action is happening, and then cliffhanger.

I actually liked the episodes between arcs the most, when Naruto and the rest would just mess around in the village. Because that's when the pacing was really good.

Anyway, go watch Hunter x Hunter episode 1 and then tell me that Naruto was good or even original in any way. Kishimoto somehow decided that making a character with Leorio's personality but 10 years younger, ugly, and without medical skills, and using that as a main character is a good idea.
>>
>>160204903
HxH 2011 has 148 episodes. I think it took me 3 weeks to catch up while it was airing and that was back when I was jobless and would be the only thing I watched.
There are a couple of qt girls but HxH is largely a fujo series. You'll see why.
>>
>>160199336
>Every time
>>
Did Sakura ever end up being useful or contribute to the plot at all?
>>
>>160204903
>using waifus as a term for Girls
End yourself and go back to wherever you came from.
>>
File: 1499311425229.png (242KB, 359x561px) Image search: [Google]
1499311425229.png
242KB, 359x561px
>>160205344
I meant waifus anon, girls whose smiles you want to protect
>>
Did anyone else feel like these guys ended up being more of a minor nuisance than an actual threat?
>>
>>160199056
When I was very literally 12, but then the Zabuza arc ended and it became shit forever by losing 90% of any directionality in the plot outside of "save Sauce this week or dick around feeling angsty fighting mooks and mid-bosses with needlessly tragic and/or edgy backstories."
>>
>>160205410
That's exactly what they were, just a bunch of stronger than usual thugs who were part of a grander keikaku.
>>
File: 1378164794510.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1378164794510.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>160205344
>>
Reminder the Orochimaru got away with everything including:

Human Experimentation (mostly on children)
Starting a War
Kidnapping
Raising the Dead
Killing the Leader of not one but two villages one of which happened to be his old sensei
Using forbidden Jutsu

And Naruto still let him live
>>
File: 1496357265930.png (63KB, 422x478px) Image search: [Google]
1496357265930.png
63KB, 422x478px
>>160205288
talent-wise, she becomes stronger and learns useful skills such as medical ninjutsu.
personality-wise, she doesn't change at all. she ends up marrying Sasuke, even after he tried murdering her
>>
>>160205685
>personality-wise, she doesn't change at all. she ends up marrying Sasuke, even after he tried murdering her

Thats not counting the fact he's never around even after marrying her and knocking her up
>>
File: 1499839210555.png (87KB, 1366x619px) Image search: [Google]
1499839210555.png
87KB, 1366x619px
>>160205288
She had the fight against Sasori

Um... I'd say her healing but she never revived anyone in time to do anything useful... Um... Literally I got nothing.
>>
For me, Naruto is good until the end of the Pain arc, which is around 2/3rd of the series.
>>
>It doesn't matter how evil someone is, or how tragic the backstory that shaped them and their ideals

>Naruto will befriend them and then they'll feel bad about it
>>
>>160206269
>Naruto will befriend them and then they'll feel bad about it
>Except for that one guy Kakuzu, Naruto fucking murdered him
>>
i remember trying an episode of boruto on a whim and hinata was pretty milf if you know what i mean
>>
File: 1498258057495.jpg (53KB, 773x630px) Image search: [Google]
1498258057495.jpg
53KB, 773x630px
>>160206452
Yeah, I really want to put my penis in her vagina and ejaculate so I can impregnate her with my semen. If you know what I mean
>>
>>160206269
Madara gave zero fucks and died believing he was right, just not strong enough to enact his dream.
best villain.
>>
File: chikara2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chikara2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Naruto media tier list

GREAT TIER
Pain's Invasion
Land of Waves
Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant

GOOD TIER
Sasuke Retrieval
Konoha Crush
Sasuke vs Itachi
The Immortals
Boruto movie

OK TIER
Search for Tsunade
Tenchi Bridge
Chuunin Exams
Filler episodes after Kaguya arc

BAD TIER
Itachi Pursuit
Five Kage Summit
Anything related to the Fourth War
10 Tails resurrection
The Last
All the other movies

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
Kaguya
Boruto TV
>>
Yes before these Chunin exams in the woods.
>>
File: 1499825254297.jpg (536KB, 1592x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499825254297.jpg
536KB, 1592x1080px
While it was never that accepted here, I remember it having plenty of healthy threads back in 2004
>>
>>160206811
>GREAT TIER
>Pain's Invasion
I agree because he killed the people in the hidden leaf. Sadly he also resurrected these idiots. Naruto became bad during the Chuni exams when the children used (potentially) lethal force against one another, even though there was no reason for serious fights like a war. If the people from the leaf and the other villages hadn't been complete psychopaths this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>160206811
>GREAT TIER
>Pain's Invasion

Not with that ending
>>
>>160206811
>Boruto movie
>Filler episodes after Kaguya arc
>good...
>>
fun fact: /a/ used to love naruto
>>
>>160208355
fun fact: Naruto used to be good
>>
>>160208355
You mean it used to be laughed out of the board.

Now we have 24/7 Boruto generals.
Why the fuck do I even browse this shithole anymore?
>>
>>160208454
>You mean it used to be laughed out of the board.
Mods didn't like it because it was an underage magnet. Lots of kids who had no idea how 4chan worked or what "lurking" even meant would make dozens of asinine threads a day like "Hey guys, I really like Naruto and blah blah blah". It was easier just to ban discussion of it.
>>
>>160199056

Honestly never seen a single episode, and since it seems there's 720 I've no intention of ever doing so.

Is this Japans answer to the Simpsons when it comes to not knowing when to stop?
>>
>>160208355
wrong
>>
The first few episodes of Shippuden were fun, seeing how the characters changed and all that. And there were a few nice battle animations. But other than that the whole thing is shit. The story, the characters, the endless manga chapters and episodes, all the fillers etc.
>>
>>160208454
From the dust you have come, to dust you will return.
>>
>>160205790
Sakura was the most useful during the whole Sasori thing. She cured Kankuro after he got poisoned by Sasori, and she killed Sasori along with Chiyo. Without her, Chiyo would have been killed, and then she couldn't have revived Gaara.

So without Sakura, Temari would be a single child
>>
>>160206811
GREAT TIER
Pain's Invasion
Sasuke vs Itachi
Boruto TV
Boruto movie

OK TIER
Sasuke Retrieval
Chuunin Exams
The Immortals
Five Kage Summit
BAD TIER
Land of Waves
Konoha Crush
Filler episodes after Kaguya arc
Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant
Itachi Pursuit
Anything related to the Fourth War
10 Tails resurrection
The Last
ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
Search for Tsunade
Tenchi Bridge
Kaguya
All the other movies
>>
>>160199056
this series, damn it had so much potential. the character designs, the unique battle styles, the references to mythos

BUT it fucking ruined it with it's AIDS-tier MC, power of friendship taken to retarded levels and the general lack of consequences to the main cast's actions

>sasuke commits crimes and kills a lot of people
no problem, we'll just forgive him because he jobbed for a day in the war (nevermind the fact that he was literally headed to destroy konoha moments earlier)

>pain kills everyone in konoha and crushes the village
no problem, I'll just use friendship to make him revive them

>sakura takes out own teammates to go after sasuke, naruto throws a hissy fit in front of the others that he will fight sasuke but they both fail
ah shucks, that's mighty bad but not that bad is it? let's brush it off with some jokes

>kabuto singlehandedly controls most of the enemy's war forces
no problem, let's forgive him because he had a change of heart and shit

the only people to face consequences in this anime are the side cast and the villains. hell, neji got killed for no fucking reason at all. obito, the akatsuki, jiraiya, konan, pain all good characters who got fucked but god forbid a single bad thing ever happen to the MCs

is there a naruto for adults? or a naruto without asspulls? I'd watch the hell outta
>>
>>160205410

Why didn't they attack their targets all at once?
>>
>>160206811
GREAT TIER
12 years old naruto series

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
everything else
>>
>>160199056
Yes
>>
>>160199056
Only til zabuza
>>
>>160206588
Nigga you better have sauce for that
>>
>>160199056
I really don't.
>>
I remember enjoying the openings and thats more or less it
>>
I only watched 100 episode by peer pressure, then I got fed up with it.
>>
>>160205487
No, he's right, terms having meanings on purpose and he misused the term. Cheapening it
>>
>>160205228
Depends on whether you mean 99 or 11 hxh episode one

99 did the first arc justice, even the filler

Everything in the first arc for 11 was dogshit except Hisoka's fight

Even still I'd say the concepts of chakra and shit were interesting and the characters in Naruto have loads of info in all their backstories that compel you to want to learn more about them and the ninja world.

It's a shame the "magic system" in Naruto wasn't expanded upon well enough though. Sure they go a LOT into chakras, chakra networks, elemental affinities, but I was actually looking forward to a detailed explanation of how "lol I'm a log!" worked

Same bullshit that FMA did with not going into details of every transmutation which I thought they'd go back and explain or something
>>
>>160199056
Yes. All of it.
>>
I love this fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xS19D6OLQ
>>
always was better than one piece
>>
>>160200064
This, back when being tacticool was the focus of being a good ninja.
>>
>>160199056
died around the time they failed to retrieve sasuke after locating their hideout. There was no fight or anything and after that it became stale.
>>
>>160199056
You mean just a few years ago, when redditors made 4chan their second home? Oh yes indeed I do, it was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>160199056
Yes, until around volume 25. Basically, before the first Naruto vs Sasuke fight.
>>
File: 1458250245728.jpg (957KB, 960x919px) Image search: [Google]
1458250245728.jpg
957KB, 960x919px
remember when it was about being a sneaky ninja and clones within clones within substitution techniques within illusion techniques instead of getting all your friends together for a spirit bomb of pure friendship?
>>
>>160210683
Some bullshit about larger groups being easier to detect.
>>
The Zabuza Arc? Yeah.
>>
File: Boruto Anime.jpg (461KB, 1920x2136px) Image search: [Google]
Boruto Anime.jpg
461KB, 1920x2136px
I unironically recommend Boruto to folks who liked early Naruto
>>
>>160205205
Yeah, that was pretty retarded.
Almost as retarded as Sasuke's whole behaviour and plans after Itachi's death.
Not to mention the whole pardon he received after he came back to the village. Especially from Sakura.
>>
>>160219955
there has never been a series in the history of humanity that peaked so hard so early
>>
Episode 1- Right before the Sasuke retrieval arc. They were actually ninja instead of battle mages with shuriken during those episodes
>>
>>160199056
instead of being excellent, like now?
>>
>>160208355
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
I stopped reading when Jiraiya died because it was becoming a chore to read.

What dumb shit did I miss out on?
>>
Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>160220483
>>160220940

Is this a meme or pasta or smthing?
>>
Enjoyed all of pre-timeskip, and post-timeskip I did enjoy the Pain arc, especially Jiraya in the Rain village.
>>
>>160203796
I stopped watching shounen long time ago.
I am not going to back to it
>>
>>160207014
It only started getting banned here somwhere in 2005 or 2006. Shounen in general was accepted in 2004.
>>
>>160208454
Not in 2004 when i came here. It was accepted here as much as Azumanga Daioh
>>
>>160200064
Yep it turned to complete shit afterwards.
>>
jiraiya vs pain was the best fight
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 604x603px
>when you finally saw pervy sage turn god mode

shit was euphoric
>>
>>160200064
Like once a year or so I'll rewatch the Gaara/Rock Lee fight
>>
>>160199056
I remember when hardwork was being preached in naruto

What sort of shit are they preaching in boruto?
>>
>>160223886
Buy our merchandise
>>
>>160219116
Why doesn't Obito just wait until Naruto is asleep and then warp him into his dimension?
>>
>>160199056
Naruto lost its charm after the Bridge Builder/Zabuza arc tbqh senpai

Went straight from "Dragon Ball" to "Dragon Ball Z" after that
>>
>>160225256
Because if he did, then we wouldn't have had 500+ episo- why didn't he do that?
>>
>>160219116
Is this even anime? They aren't moving half the time!
>>
File: mT6jm2t.jpg (117KB, 750x782px) Image search: [Google]
mT6jm2t.jpg
117KB, 750x782px
Naruto became shit when the "get Sasuke back to Konoha" obsession was dragged out for years. Nobody could empathize with it because Sasuke was an asshole who obviously didn't want to be in Konoha. If there is one thing they got right about Sasuke's character is that he would never be comfortable just living normally in Konoha.

Amazing how much better both Naruto and Sasuke became as characters when you subtract the edge and obsession of their youth.

Boruto is relatively light hearted for now but it already foreshadowed some edgy future rival shit which might be where it takes a nosedive.
>>
>>160221022
good god, how new are you? go the fuck back to r*ddit
>>
>>160199056
is there something like naruto but without the asspulls and the AIDS-tier MC?
>>
>Narutards finally have their containment thread
About time.
>>
>>160225592

Shut the fuck up you fucking piece of animal shit
>>
>>160225541
>Nobody could empathize with it because Sasuke was an asshole who obviously didn't want to be in Konoha
I was never able to empathize with it, because I thought Naruto was an idiot and should let Sasuke go.
Sasuke going to meet Orochimaru is like going to Harvard University, while Naruto is going to some kind of community college (yes jiraya is strong, but a shit teacher).
Why doesn't Naruto want Sasuke to get a good education?
>>
File: to_reddit.jpg (12KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
to_reddit.jpg
12KB, 222x227px
>>160225739
>>
>>160205205
>>160219991
To be fair without Sauce the genjutsu couldn't have been undone and Kaguya couldn't have been defeated.

Plus for real here his worst crimes that were provable were

>Killing Danzo
>Attempting to kill the Kage
>Killing fodder absolutely no one cared about
>>
>>160225825

God this fucking shithole 4chan is so fuking toxic.
>>
File: 5.jpg (28KB, 387x307px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
28KB, 387x307px
I'm going to repost this genius quote from yesterday regarding the so-called "tragic main villain"

>Seeing the woman I loved die pushed me so far over the edge that I don't even want to revive her. my love went so high it looped into negative values and I don't even love the Rin I saw die anymore. I need an immortal Waifu. except not really because deep down I care about everyone and want to be hokage which is why I won't revive the dead and become a hero but rather destroy a vast chunk of the human population and trap myself in my selfish dream world. COOLEST GUY, GOOD WRITING.
>>
>>160206664
>Madara gave zero fucks and died believing he was right, just not strong enough to enact his dream.
Even in the end though, Madara died peacefully admitting that the world could move on without him. So while he didn't get TnJ'ed, he still died with the general feeling of "oh he didn't really do anything wrong, he just had different ideals"
>>
File: curse mark sasuke.png (386KB, 800x776px) Image search: [Google]
curse mark sasuke.png
386KB, 800x776px
>>160225751
>Sasuke going to meet Orochimaru is like going to Harvard University
Sasuke would have turned out a true freak if he stuck with Orochimaru.
>>
>>160202021
*until the war happened
Kaguya saved the ending.
>>
File: alrightcat.jpg (31KB, 628x676px) Image search: [Google]
alrightcat.jpg
31KB, 628x676px
>>160199336
fpbp
>>
Chunin Exam will forever be my favorite tournament arc

yes even more than Heaven's arena, Dark Tournament, and the Budokai tournaments
>>
>>160203982
The worst episode was the one when Boruto thought he got the Byakugan because his vision was kinda blurry.
It led to absolutely nothing and this whole "you are a lyer, nobody ever got the Byakugan without training" thing from his parents is total bullshit, since his sister already had it.
>>
>>160199056

Chunin exams and Sasuke retrieval arcs were the only good arcs in this series.

Series went downhill fast especially after Sai and Sasuke arc.

What pissed me off about this series is how awful the main characters are compared to the side characters. Plus, the characters I really wanted to see develop after part 1, got ignored and rarely appeared (only in shitty fillers with shit animation).

Fuck Naruto desu.
>>
>>160199056
When cunning and skill turned into power levels, Naruto went to shit. So not long after chunin exams arc.
>>
>>160225913
Normally just running away form the village makes you a rogue ninja that should be killed on-sight. Sasuke on top of that is guilty of joining two terrorist organizations, murder, multiple assassination attempts and a 15-minutes long revolution. The only reasons he got away with that are his achievements during the war and connections with Kakashi and Naruto.

Konoha is a fucking mafia den. Just look at this shit:
1st Hokage - Hashirama Senju
2nd Hokage - brother of the 1st
3rd Hokage - student of the 2nd
4th Hokage - student of the student (who was also appointed, but refused) of the 3rd; also married to Uzumaki
5th Hokage - granddaughter of the 1st, student of the 3rd
6th Hokage - student of the 4th
7th Hokage - son of the 4th, student of the 6th, student of the student of the 3rd, head of the Uzumaki clan
>>
>watched it when it was new, dropped it after the Zabuza arc because it got too uninteresting and boring
I am so happy I had solid taste as a kid
>>
File: stare corgi.jpg (31KB, 316x340px) Image search: [Google]
stare corgi.jpg
31KB, 316x340px
>>160204383
>JJBA's Bizarre Adventure
>Wan Piss
>>
File: 1500537241189.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500537241189.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
>>160199336
>>
>>160199056
no i dont
>>
>>160204935
The Sound 4 fights were all great
It's the second best arc next to the exams
>>
File: ddsafwesdxz.png (790KB, 1072x599px) Image search: [Google]
ddsafwesdxz.png
790KB, 1072x599px
>mfw Kishi was forced to create Sasuke
>mfw Kishi was forced to create Orochimaru
>mfw Kishi was forced to make the best arc in the series, the chunin exams
>mfw the second arc was supposed to be Team 7 vs. Team Guy (Guy was supposed to be Kakashi's rival from a different village)
>mfw Kishi was forced to interrupt the Chunin exams and make Shikamaru to concede to Temari, the original plan was to continue the exam and make Shikamaru win in the end
>>
>>160228234

Sexy aunt, that episode was god tier.
>>
File: Boruto x Hanabi.webm (3MB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
Boruto x Hanabi.webm
3MB, 622x350px
Boruto so far it's fucking excellent desu.
>>
>>160228872
You're just a fucking newfag
The reason you dropped it was because you were too old at the time, it has nothing to do with taste, but rather with age, Nardo is goat if you're a kid
>>
>>160233361

I don't like Boruto because Sarada has literally no screentime.
>>
>>160228370
>the characters I really wanted to see develop after part 1, got ignored and rarely appeared
MUH BUGS ARE HARD TO DRAW
SORRY, SHINO HAS TO GO
>>
>>160233425

Her arc will literally be aired in two weeks.

We're gonna see a LOT of her.
>>
>>160204451
Nauto's promise to get Sasuke back is what ruined both his character and the series as a whole,the following arc may have been good but the things that it set up weren't at all
>>
After Fairy Tail ended with the 2000-2009 era, which series are the flagship titles?

SnK
BnHA
NnT
OPM (?)
>>
>>160233489

>Literally having to wait 20 episodes, almost half a year, to see who is supposed to be one of the main characters actually do anything

I'm worried if she will get anything worthwhile after it's over since it's quite clear SP hates her by sidelining her this long while spending endless amounts of time fleshing out Boruto and Mitsuki's characters since day 1.
>>
File: rin pls.jpg (12KB, 168x161px) Image search: [Google]
rin pls.jpg
12KB, 168x161px
>>160233670

SP wanted to develop the new Konoha 12 before going to Salad's arc.

>Kishimoto rushes part 1
>people complains
>Kodachi/SP develops carefully everyone, doing the right thing
>people complains

It's getting annoying.
>>
>>160228150
The exam was fucking flawed in the tournament structure though
>hurr Kabuto concedes to make an even number of games
>hurr Sakura draw double elimination
>hurr Dosu dies to make a 8 player bracket

Because it's so fucking hard to make a preliminary round of 10 so the winners later join the 11 others

They could've made it so well
>the 3 teams slowest to get to the tower (Team 7, team Kabuto, team Asuma) are automatically in the preliminary round
>the last guy should be from the 4th slowest team (The sound team) and would be decided by a voting from the above 9 to ensure that the weakest member is going to play
The matchups would essentially be the fucking same
>prelims
Nardo-Kabuto, Kabuto concedes
Sakura-Ino, Sakura wins by being knocked out a milisecond later
Sasugay-Sound chakra sucker guy
Sound stretchy arms guy - Choji
Shikamaru - Kin
>main round
Gaara-Lee, Shino-Zaku, Nardo-Kiba, Hinata-Neji, Temari-Tenten, all same
Sasugay gets matched up with Sakura
Dosu, Shikamaru, Choji/Stretchy arms, Kankuro. Make any matchups you want here. Probably Shika-Dosu and Kankuro the way it was in the series
>>
>>160234060
>2 people compete for 1 spot in the final
>except Dosu, Choji, Shikamaru and Kin where 4 compete for 1
>And InoPinkshit compete for 0 (What if they were the two strongest competitors? Still double elim?)
>>
>>160204383
fate series.
all of them.
>>
>>160199056
You expected people to remember a time when Naruto was good, but most of us dropped the show after realizing that half of it is filler garbage. A story really shouldn't need hundreds of episodes to start and finish.
>>
>>160203796
>Reminder that if you haven't yet watch Boruto because its everything good about the beginning of Naruto cranked up to 11

Sorry but I don't believe you.
To me Burrito is just the author milking the Naturo cow dry.
>>
>>160208815
>every anime is either too short or way too long
sadpanda.jpg
>>
File: 1483236781168.png (151KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
1483236781168.png
151KB, 474x311px
>>160208815
>one piece is at 798 eps and still going
>>
>>160199056
Zabuza and then Chunin Arc
Bonus points for my boy Kisame vs Guy
>>
>>160205922
This, until that point there were so many good things about it, the death of his master, the recent battle against kakuzu and hidan, akatsuki felt like a real threat. Just right after the fight with Pain, when Naruto is finally acknowledged as a hero is one of the best moments of the series, but then:
>obito=tobi
>the "" great"" ninja war
>kaguya
>sasuke the edgelord up to 11
>madara... again

Kishi just lost his mind, I bet he didn't know what the hell he was doing.
>>
>>160233638
snk and opm
>>
Naruto dragged at times but I love it and think its amazing. Love the flashbacks, love the "world", love Naruto and Sasukay and the whole gang. 10/10 manga will show it to my future children. Better than One Piece and wayyyy better than Bleach or whatever that garbage was (ugh).
>>
>>160233670
They had to sit her out of this time because of all the screentime she will be getting. They're doing Gaiden next, then they are splitting into groups so it'll be Team Konohamaru all day every day. This leaves no time for the other 9 kids. They also had to actually introduce Mitsuki as a character since he didn't really have one
>>
Zabuza vs Kakashi is good shit. Loved all the fights in Sasuke Retrieval too.

>>160205410
In the end they ended up feeling like complete filler because Pain's goal had absolutely NOTHING to do with what Madara and Obito were doing.

Also, when they were getting Sasori's ring, why did Obito still put on the Tobi charade when only Zetsu was around? Zetsu knew who he was. He had no one to hide his identity from.
>>
>>160219960
This. Boruto actually feels like early Naruto. They use tactics instead of throwing explosions at each other. I'm sure it won't stay this way for long though.

Someone post Bort vs Hanabi.
>>
>>160226973
God the curse mark was just so much better than Susanoo. Orochimaru was the best villain.
>>
>everyone's mad because muh Chunin exams and muh Zabuza

seriously? compared to the entire series those were a tiny fraction of the chapters funnily enough they were also early chapters hmmm makes you think
>>
>>160233361
Naruto never used his clones anywhere near as well as his son does. He mostly just rushed shit with them. Why is his kid so much better than him if he was still raised by him?
>>
>>160200064
It was utter shit besides 5 fights if your bored. Rock Lee vs Gaara was great and that's it.
>>
>>160235186
When the waves arc ended, I as a kid thought it was the end of the series since it felt like completed series
The "fillers" are what the show is about, the actual story is pure garbage, here, have the story without fillers
>Nardo, who wants to become accepted meets Sauce, who has a brother that left him a long time ago
>Sauce leaves the village and becomes a bad guy
>He finds his brother, kills him, learns the backstory
>Danzo
>Followed by the entire war arc (the only edo tensei is Itachi)

To put things into perspective: the entire Akatsuki could've been Itachi and Obito and the story would've worked
>>
>>160233329
It's kind of sad how much of Naruto was not really Kishimoto's, he was more of a drawing tool
>>
>>160236578
The series just peaked at Zabuza. It had atmosphere, it was abundantly clear that Zabuza was out of their league the entire time which is why Kakashi handled him, and Sasuke wasn't an insufferable edgelord yet.

I didn't much care for Chunin Exams though, I think it went on too long. I'd place Sasuke Retrieval above it.
>>
>>160225913
Everything bad that happened was alright with Itachi. So none of the 'Itachi was a best hero' shit made no sense as usual.
>>
>>>this meme again
Naruto/Shippuden were decent all the way through without all the filler
nowhere near hunter x hunter level, though
>>
The problem is that Kishimoto was clearly winging it the whole way through. Honestly like the only thing that was obviously planned is Obito (Seriously he got namedropped super early on), and even then the Tobito reveal was still done stupidly.
>>
>>160199056
No, when I tried to watch it I dropped it at episode 20 (I got sick of the 10+ episode long Zabusa fight and took it as a bad sign for the rest of the series). Did I miss something?
>>
File: 93bb5a69bb854.jpg (59KB, 636x316px) Image search: [Google]
93bb5a69bb854.jpg
59KB, 636x316px
Shippuden ruined everything surrounding the Third Hokage.

>Called the strongest Hokage ever, the teacher of the legendary Sannin, solos zombie 1st and 2nd.
>In Shippuden, 1st and 2nd doing crazy god-tier shit no one in part 1 could have ever imagined, 3rd is by far the weakest of the zombie Hokages.

>Gives big speech about the Will of Fire and how he loves everyone in the village.
>Was Danzo's bitch, did nothing to punish Itachi or Danzo for the Uchiha massacre that Danzo ordered behind his back.

>Seals Orochimaru's arms in a self-sacrifice
>Orochimaru knows the location of a mask that can free things sealed by the Shinigmi (why the fuck did he even need Tsunade to heal him if he knew about that?)
>>
Man I wish Sakura never beat Sasori. Yeah I know it was a team effort, but if a chuunin medic and an old puppeteer can 2 man one of the worlds strongest villains, it sets the bar low for their orginization
>>
File: u04.jpg (151KB, 728x1181px) Image search: [Google]
u04.jpg
151KB, 728x1181px
>>160204383
Yu-Gi-Oh!
>>
>>160237048
Don't watch the series, but watch the better fights on youtube
Shikamaru vs. Temari is the best tacticool fight (watch the final punch in the Naruto vs. Neji fight to understand what's going on)
Sakura and Chiyo vs. Sasori is the best fight fight
Watch more if you like these I guess
>>
>>160236584
>forgetting the written test and the forest of death
Nigga, the first two tests is what MADE the chunin exams
>>
>>160237361
Speedreader
Sasori confirmed that he lost on purpose
>>
>>160199056
it was ok as long as it was ninja apprentices doing missions, so basically only the 1st arc

then orochimaru appeared during the exam arc and it all turned to shit with powerlevels and wars and emo teens drama
>>
>>160233489

But sadly not good content.
>>
>>160237361
>the only reason they didn't lose 1 minute in was the antidote Sakura had days to develop
>the only reason Sakura developed the antidote was Sasori not killing Kankuro and leaving him poisoned for 3 days
>the only reason the Third Kazekage doll died was because it decided to melee attack Sakura once she played dead
>Then Sasori randomly decides to lose on purpose
Sasori is PIS incarnate
>>
>>160239025
>Sasori ragequit because he couldn't take it anymore after fucking up so badly
Sounds believable desu
>>
>>160237361
Chiyo knew all of his moves though and Sakura had superstrength (perfect for destroying puppets) and an antidote
It is stated that they dodged all of his attacks because Chiyo knew the fucking patterns, if it was a Chiyo level shinobi that's not Chiyo both him and Sakura would've died on the doll that was the shell for the real Sasori
They were the literal counter, just like Guy was the counter for Kisame, Naruto was the counter for the chakra absorbing path, plot armor was the counter for Deidara and Shikamaru was the counter to Hidan
>>
File: bee ninja.png (99KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
bee ninja.png
99KB, 349x416px
>>160233670
>background character since episode one
>one of the main characters
>>
>>160202021
*untril Jiraya died
>>
>>160228806
It's a classic case of "everyone is related" that Kishi admitted can't avoid because the fans expect and crave it.
>>
>>160204903
It has Kurapika, who is best girl(male).
>>
>>160237361
sasori was great but he lost on purpose

also I wish he had remained Hiruko instead of revealing himself as a gayboy bishonen, he was more badass that way
>>
>>160199056
yeah that was before WW4
>>
>>160204383
the voice acting and ost make accellent fight scenes in gintama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI0kWd1FSwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTWS4t02yak
>>
>>160228872
Exactly the same here.
>>
>>160236691
Part 2 had some great parts like the Shikamaru and Pain arc were both amazing well atleast until the mass revival bs.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.