[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kakegurui

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: this_thing.png (2MB, 1696x770px) Image search: [Google]
this_thing.png
2MB, 1696x770px
If I purposely go into massive debt can I marry a rich hot milf?
>>
The boys probably just get sold off into slave labor.
>>
>>160184938
No, you would be sold to a feminist.
>>
>>160184938
What's Umaru doing there?
>>
Try it in real life and see what happens

It's more likely for you to end up getting married to Big Tyrone in debtors prison
>>
It's still not a reason to stream.
>>
>>160185090
>rich feminist
Yes. I want that.
>>
>>160184938
No, you get married of to a rich /a/non.
>>
>>160184938
You probably get turn into a sissy and sold to a expensive whorehouse to pay the debt.
>>
>>160184938

That part was shit. The introduction of "life plans" completely removed the stakes from the gambles. Before this point going into debt was presented as a nightmare scenario, yet Twintail Bitch's life plan is nothing bad. She's supposed to marry a rich politician: that's it. She rejects it more out of pride than anything. That's the threat looming above our characters: something that 99% of Japanese girls DREAM of.

In Fukumoto's manga punishments are things like mutilation, death, forced labor in an underground shit pit, actual worrisome prospects. Here there's basically nothing, you win if you win and if you lose, you still kind of win. Also even that lukewarm menace never comes to pass, because the council takes forever to collect on its debts for no real reason.
>>
>>160184938
U
M
R
>>
File: pre-Kekgurui.jpg (47KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
pre-Kekgurui.jpg
47KB, 512x288px
>>160187143
>comparing based FKMT works to litteral gambling-flavored Fairy Tail
you're so naive
>>
File: 3.jpg (119KB, 728x1031px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
119KB, 728x1031px
>>160187143
But muh female independence and young age
>>
>>160187143
I don't think girls dream of marrying some old ugly politician.
>>
>>160184938
No, this is what will happen to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Co408pyEM
>>
>>160184938
Nice quality
>>
>>160187493
>rich old politician who will die out and then they can inherit half of his money

They call them gold diggers.
>>
>>160186373
>sissy
>>
>>160187438

Also for some reason we're suddenly supposed to sympathize with her even though she was explicitly a villain at the start and has shown no signs of becoming a better person after that. And the sadistic chick who collects fingernails she ripped off of people? She also becomes someone we're supposed to sympathize with, again without going through any form of personal redemption whatsoever.

That's one the tropes I hate the most in anime. Forgiving villains for literally no reason. What the fuck kind of moral is that? It's okay to be evil as fuck and never face consequences for it? They don't even become better people in any way, they're just arbitrarily assigned into "main character's team".
>>
>>160187987
You're thinking about good and evil in pretty simplistic terms for someone complaining about tropes so much.

They're entertaining and fun to watch even if they are evil, so I don't feel bad about them being our protagonists.
>>
>>160184938
>>160187143
Not everyone can get a life plan, they only give it to people that are worth it, like qt girls or people from a rich and important family
>>
>>160188197
>You're thinking about good and evil in pretty simplistic terms

It is simple. Both of them harm people for their own amusement. That's as black and white as it can get. It's not morally complicated at all.
>>
>>160188612
And? I'm not sure why you're expecting morals like Aesop's fables from a random show. You're pretty much saying media featuring slightly evil protagonists should never be made because it doesn't teach good lessons.
>>
File: kaiji-4-01.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px)
kaiji-4-01.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>160185065
>>160184938
This is your home now
>>
>>160187987
What did Mary do that was so bad? Using underhand means to make someone else lose and bury them in debt is something Yumeko does too. Bullying Suzui is because she likes him.
>>
>>160185194
She wants geimu.
>>
File: fug_u_OP.png (2MB, 1913x947px)
fug_u_OP.png
2MB, 1913x947px
>>160188923
Oh yeah that's some true love right there
>>
>>160188923
Not to mention that every student is ready to slit each other's throat at the slightest chance.
>>
>>160184938
You get processed into a girl(boy) for rich perverts
>>
>>160188741
>And? I'm not sure why you're expecting morals like Aesop's fables from a random show.

Because it's good storytelling and good entertainment. You make a despicable villain that the viewer hates, then have the hero grind her face into the dirt to the viewer's satisfaction. That's the basic of basics, and there's no actual reason to not do that every time. People are hard-wired to feel pleasure when somebody they hate gets hurt.
>>
>>160187143
>That part was shit. The introduction of "life plans" completely removed the stakes from the gambles.
It's about taking over her family's influence and riches and sell that to someone else.

It needs to stay palatable or this would not go over well.
>>
>>160184938
You mean a trophy wife. You're good until the bill collectors show up, she divorces you and you are left penniless and alone.
Trophy wives tend to be rich because their husbands are and not the other way around.
>>
>>160189407
>You make a despicable villain that the viewer hates, then have the hero grind her face into the dirt to the viewer's satisfaction
And the show does that too. Like in Episode 4 just now.

>and there's no actual reason to not do that every time.
Based on what? Seems really specific to be an iron-clad rule.

What does that have to do with not allowing any evil protagonists at all though? It's a bigger trope for a villain to "change their ways" and become a good person when they join MC's team, if they keep being themselves it doesn't hurt the show at all.
>>
Are Mary and Jubes gonna lez out?
>>
>>160187987
I actually didn't mind it because we saw Mary go through a lot of struggle and hardship. She did face the consequences every episode, and now she knows not to fuck with Yumeko again.
Also Mary wasn't just "arbitrarily assigned into the main character's team," they are both in some deep debt here. Why fight against each other now when there's a bigger bad to take down?
>>
>>160184938
Nope the student council isn't generous enough to do that.
>>
>>160187143
You're missing the point of the stakes that life plan holds.

Their free will is robbed from them and their entire future becomes decided by someone else; they're not allowed to go against the life plan and must follow it to the letter.
Sure if you're an average Joe that doesn't sound so bad, but the entire school is composed of students who come from upper class families.
They're raised from birth to succeed and their reason for attending this school is a survival of the fittest so to speak.
It could be said that the life plans are a sort of insurance for the school's image for students who can't make the cut in this dog eat dog environment as if they're unfit to make reckless gambles in the school, they're just as unqualified to do so in the real world when they take over their parents' positions.

Since it is assumed that each student will be inheriting their families' roles in societies, the life plans essentially grant the student council control over the future of whatever company or government position they hold.
>>
>>160190699
Yeah man, they have it so bad
>>
>>160190980
Exactly why normal people like us wouldn't think its so bad, because they were born into money and guaranteed success from the start.
With the life plan they're still guaranteed to succeed in life; albeit they can no longer make decisions for themselves and essentially become puppets for the school to control.
>>
>>160190980
>>160191219
I'm a normal person and I still think it's bad. Basically you lose all agency over yourself and become a housepet in the truest sense. You wouldn't realize how soul-crushing it is to be in that situation unless you were forced into it.
>>
>>160191307
Well that is what the other guy seems to be missing the point of.
They no longer have control of their lives and their family's legacy is now in the hands of somebody else.
>>
I want to fap to this but everyone is ugly af
>>
>>160191364
Are you gay?
>>
>>160191364
>>
>>160185065
This. Mary has some value cuz she's
1) has vagoo
2) cute
while we're just free working units for these faggots
>>
>>160191509
If I told her I may or may not have an STD would she fuck me with her crazy gambling face?
>>
>>160191853
Nah she only properly gets off when it's equal risks.
>>
>>160193570
My wizard powers are on the line.
>>
>>160193842
How are you going to fuck her while still retaining your wizard abilities? Supposed to lose bets turn her off the most.
>>
File: 1476399649473.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476399649473.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Can someone explain to me how ONE guy is in the student council yet the vast majority of the house pets are male? The guy isn't even in the top 3 ffs. I am annoyed by this.

Imagine if a guy like Agaki came strolling in and strong armed his way to being the top spot.
>>
>>160194066
It's Sugita
>>
File: meari.jpg (35KB, 163x543px) Image search: [Google]
meari.jpg
35KB, 163x543px
>>160191364
Meari is cute. CUTE!
>>
Paying off the debt is easy if you're a woman or a gayfaggot.
Just fuck your way out of it, $150 per customer for half an hour.
Work 8 hours a day, 6 days a week and you'll make $57.600 a month.
>>
>People genuinely do not see the problem in literally letting someone else control every detail of your life and then you are to be severely punished if you do anything else

Do you people just take everything at face value? Some guy just says "Do whatever I want" and you're just okay with that because he might make you rich possibly? You guys seem to forget that Mary and Yumeko could very easily be cast aside if whoever is in charge doesn't like them or feels they are useless. They are completely at the mercy of someone else no matter what. How does any of this sound good to anyone?
>>
>>160194066
Speaking of Akagi, are they going to play mahjong at one point too?
>>
>>160194828
So far no
>>
>>160194805
>someone else control every detail of your life and then you are to be severely punished if you do anything else
>very easily be cast aside if whoever is in charge doesn't like them or feels they are useless
>completely at the mercy of someone else no matter what
>>
>>160194805
Pay up
>>
>>160194790
Housepets are always a few million yen in debt
Marie lose 50 million by the second episode
Once you are housepet they make sure you wont ever escape even if you sell your organ
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.