[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are space anime so rare these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 3ebaceaa1cbe12a2b08252a025268306.jpg (789KB, 1190x842px) Image search: [Google]
3ebaceaa1cbe12a2b08252a025268306.jpg
789KB, 1190x842px
Why are space anime so rare these days?
>>
I don't think there any rarer than they used to be. Other than Gundam i'm not sure there's ever been that much space anime.
>>
It was all the rage in the 70s because the Space Race was still fresh in memory, as well as Expo '70 in Osaka having key impact on a fair number of people. Given that space exploration during the era kind of peaked with the Moon landings, interest probably just waned over time ever since.

Basically, we probably need to put someone on Mars to get the zeitgeist fired up for space again, or at least make some major strides towards it.
>>
>>160149492

Return of Star Wars may be enough to push some people to make more space stories.
>>
>>160147683
Probably a combination of things.

>unique ship designs and decent animations add cost
>space battles add cost
>have to think of a somewhat consistent system for space travel and galactic civilization
>not as popular as it used to be so it'd be a labor of love rather than easy profit
>a lot less interest in space since humans are retarded and don't pursue space travel

Makes me sad, but thems the breaks. I'd love more space anime of any variety, if only to pretend that humans are capable of fulfilling their destiny.
>>
File: 1479074580192.gif (972KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
1479074580192.gif
972KB, 400x223px
>>160147683
What do you mean by "space anime"?
>>
>>160149838
Anime in or about space is what I imagine OP was referring to. Since ehe posted what seems to be the Stars Chronicles, he might mean exclusively in space.
>>
>>160149708
The Prequels didn't really seem to help and the time gap between them was even larger. I wouldn't expect too much.
>>
>>160149708
Star Wars never really went away, it was just split into a bunch of smaller programs.
the latest projects with plasma weapons and ion thrusters spring to mind.
>>
>>160149708
Star Wars barely qualifies since it's about magicians who occasionally take a space bus between planets.
>>
>>160149901

Prequels were shit and most people hated them.
>>
>>160147683
I want to bite that ass
>>
>>160147683
I love this shit but we already have a fuck load of it between the 70s and the mid 2000s. Maybe people have had enough of it for now. Maybe no one can come up with any new ideas. Maybe no one thinks they can surpass the classics anymore, what with original shows being limited to 13 episodes these days.
>>
I want an anime about cute alien girls dicking around in space. And instead of simply going to new weird planets, they spend their time interacting with all kinds of fauna and flora native to space's own ecosystem.
>>
>>160151581

Even generic cute girls SoL would be much more interesting if it happened on alien planet in 25th century.
>>
>>160149708
Star wars is fantasy not sci fi though.
>>
>>160147683
Mines?
>>
SHIP SUPERIORITY
>>
There's no more space left for that genre
>>
What I really hate is how 90% of space anime have fucking mechashit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.