[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of the rise of capeshit anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22

File: next naruto and dbz.jpg (543KB, 1276x886px) Image search: [Google]
next naruto and dbz.jpg
543KB, 1276x886px
What does /a/ think of the rise of capeshit anime?
>>
I like it. But, at the same time, I think Dragon Ball Super is fun..... so, what do I know.
>>
File: teaser-visual-the-reflection.jpg (69KB, 728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
teaser-visual-the-reflection.jpg
69KB, 728x1024px
Is there any chance of this being good?
>>
>>160037016

It's atleast better than modern day capeshit.
>>
I think the dubs are good
>>
>>160037016

Right is just a parody and left is just shonen but with heroes.
>>
I think there needs to be a 3rd for it to be considered a "rise"
>>
>>160037414
I believe in hiroshi nagahama, he'll be the man who'll make me like capeshit
>>
All-Might vs Noumu was actually top notch. All the greatest hits of shonin with none of the time wasting. If this is the kind of shonin capeshit we're in store for, keep it coming.
>>
File: bleh.png (806KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bleh.png
806KB, 1920x1080px
>>160037721
OPM dub is shit, it doesn't have the non chalantness.

>>160038217
>muh punching
>noumu blaasting off like team rocket
>top notch

do you enjoy playing with legos?
>>
>>160037016

>no crossover events that disrupt the main story
>no convoluted continuities with gaping plot holes left by multiple writers
>no pandering to minorities
>great action sequences and storytelling

Better than capeshit comics.
>>
>>160038569

I would have been okay with the dub if it wasn't for the fact that Genos sounded like he had a huge glob of snot in his throat whenever he spoke.
>>
>>160037721
>dubs are good
>>160038217
>shonin
Good thread.
>>
>>160037016
Well one punch man is actually good cause the characters are fun/interesting, it doesn't take itself to serious, and the actions scenes are well written animated and shot.

Boku no hero is shit cause the characters are boring/uninteresting, it takes itself way to seriously, and the "action" is poorly written, choreographed and animated, with the exception of 20 seconds of sakuga here and there. But it's not like that saves it because the choreography is just so drab itself.
>>
>>160038671
Yea, that explains why no one reads them. What about compared to movies?
>>
>>160038569
I know such uncouth language was not directed at a nobleman like me, from a peasant such as yourself. Your taste is shit and it will always be shit.
>>
>>160039158
you're not funny
>>
>>160038003
>>160037414
>>
File: i like legos.jpg (71KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
i like legos.jpg
71KB, 375x500px
>>160039158
>>
>>160037414
https://youtu.be/Xm4fVBl781s
>>
>>160039296
Nah I'm hilarious. Your opinion means nothing and neither do you.
>>
>>160037505
That's because Western Capeshit never really left the dark age.
It's kind of sad when Japan has a better understanding of what makes Super Heroes work than America does.
>>
>>160039039
They're both shit. Don't pretend OPM is good just because "it's a parody"
>>
>>160039519
Comic style animation the best desu
>>
>>160037016
>three anime including >>160037414 spaced out over three years
>rise
>>
>>160039039
One punch man gets boring real quick, if you don't like the characters it all gets old. It not taking itself to serious is the point of the parody aspect you might think it is the next best thing since sliced bread but it again gets old. I don't know what the fuck you mean by well written animated, maybe you meant to add a comma. For being well written, there are super hero parodies that are more well written, The animation was alright but nothing to write home about and were mostly helped by the OST.

Boku no hero being shit and the characters being boring/uninteresting that is a matter of preference, I don't know what aspect of the characters you find boring/uninteresting so I will leave it at that. For taking itself too seriously I again don't know what you mean, you want everything to not take itself seriously and there to be nothing at stake? One piece is pretty good at that. On the sakuga part I stopped taking you seriously as you yourself aren't sure what it means
>>
File: 82347.jpg (53KB, 225x332px) Image search: [Google]
82347.jpg
53KB, 225x332px
>>160039647
Dont forget about it
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34009/To_Be_Hero?q=Hero
>>
>>160037016

None of this shows as enough "muh political views" crap to be compared to cape comix.
>>
>>160039916
>Implying OPM isn't a story about the disenfranchised bald men who get no respect in Japan's society, even if they were to hold tremendous power.
>>
>>160039964
Bald men is insult of young generation of japan
>>
>>160037892
amen...but both are fucking great tho!
>>
File: image1.jpg (39KB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
39KB, 550x414px
>>160037414
>Idol group 9nine members Kanae Yoshii, Hirona Murata, Uki Satake, and Sayaka Nishiwaki as Kana, Hiro, Uki, and Saya. Hiroshi Nagahama, the anime's director, said during an event in April that the characters will not appear many times in the story, but when they do, "they will get a lot of attention. It's like Hulk from The Avengers, he gets the best part." Nagahama drew the anime's original design for the group's appearance, which lists the group as the "9th Wonder."

why
>>
>>160038217
legos are awesome dude...building tiny castles and shit, with little blocky man running around in it killing each other...man those where the good times i miss my lego massacres
>>
>>160037016
>OPM capeshit
See that's why OPM is good and Hero Academia is cookie cutter bullshit. Oh boo hoo, All Might lost his powers but Deku will master everything in time with no life changing injuries that matter. Who doesn't see that coming and who would expect anything different?
>>
>>160039588
It has nothing to with being a parody, i don't even think it is a parody. It just doesn't takes itself seriously at all, and ever fight scene is well executed and entertaining as well as the characters.
>>160039673
But it doesn't, the viewers excitement isn't based off of saitama struggling in a fight, they use other characters for that.It's just a light hearted and well produced action comedy, the cast is really big but just about ever side character is interesting.

If you don't like the characters in anything it gets old, they are the ones that carry the show if you don't like them you won't like the show no shit.
This isn't some kind of one punch man specific complaint.

When I say the fights are well written i'm talking everything for character to designs, to set up and execution. Throw away villains like sea king are more interesting and compelling then any villain in boku no hero period.
The animation isn't "alright", it's consistently leaps and bounds beyond anything other action shows put out, comparatively speaking it's the best for a tv series by a large margin.
>you want everything to not take itself seriously and there to be nothing at stake?
The stakes are already low enough pls. BNHA fucked up with it's high school setting, everything comes off as kiddie shit.this tourny arc they just had was probably the most poorly executed and written i've ever seen of this troupe. I'll make a post dedicated to just that in a sec
anyways, the characters, especially the lead are all just generic archetypes we've seen a million times before, deku literally has no personality.
As for sakuga i'm referring to moments in which bones hires a freelace animator to make a really well animated sequence, the guy did like 2 scenes this season so far. Both for todoroki 1st time was freezing a robot, second time for fighting deku. Each sequence he animated last around 20-40 seconds, it's actually quite jarring compared to all the below average animation in between.
>>
>>160040177
Just say it boku no hero academia season 2 have bad animation
>>
>>160037016
>Two manga
>Rise of cape shit

??????????? That shit has been there since the dawn of time. You know there is a whole manga version of Spiderman right? It is not like it is a genre like Isekai
>>
File: 1412109163158.jpg (158KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1412109163158.jpg
158KB, 600x848px
>TFW Garou is better than all the cookie cutter bullshit characters in Boku

Needless to say, that's a good thing and not surprising at all. Just stating facts.
>>
Why is it always these two images used for shitposting, where did all the creativity go
>>
>>ITT people with tastes too refined for "fun".
>>
>>160037016
Left one generic shonen and right one fresh capeshit seinen
>>
>>160040177
>i don't even think it is a parody
What do you mean by this, it advertises itself as a parody, the source is a parody. It is a parody, don't call water wine because the OST tricked you into thinking the animation was good.
>>
>>160040350
Gintama >>>>>> onepunch man
>>
>>160037016
Comes with the rise of successful marvel movies and Sony starting their dark universe
>>
>>160040298
Most of Boku's villains have shitty shallow as shit character save for maybe that nigga who paralyzes people by licking their blood

And even he doesnt have as deep a character development as Garou
>>
>>160040387
Onepunch man is not parody its capeshit with good character
>>
theyre good so whats the issue?
>>
>>160040389
Gintama's only good as a comedy manga. This last arc was a mistake, the fact that it has been going on for years now make it even a bigger mistake
>>
>>160038671
>No "universe resets" or retcons
>No fakeout character deaths 20 years later (so far)

>>160039055
Closed continuities like movies or animated universes are comparable with the lack of bullshit.

I think DCAU is the best superhero continuity in all of fiction though and even though it had multiverse bullshit and time travel, it kept it to a minimum with just enough for a story arc or two to say they did.
>>
>>160040419
Only garou? What about monster king
>>
>>160040389
This is what I'm talking about, if you attempting to shitpost try harder, how is this even relevant to my post
>>160040429
It has parody elements dude
>>
>>160040429
I forgot my original goal of coming into this thread, you successfully baited me anon, OP needs to stop making these copy paste bait threads.
>>
>>160040429

Is just a comedy. You like it a lot bit that doest change what it is.
>>
>>160040464
Been a while since i last read so i dont remember as clearly, but isnt the fact that the Monster King is actually some bitch ass friend of the number two came out of nowhere?
>>
>>160039039
>yeah no. Boku No Hero Academia looks consistently good animation and choreography. The characters are simple but fun and relatable the world is nice the designs are great etc. A lot of One Punch Man's characters are pretty simple too. Puri Puri Prisoner is a gay rapist Tatsumaki is a tsundere Bang is a stoic badass and so on. But they're all fun.Boku No Hero Academia tales itself seriously in the same way the Superman Movies took themselves seriously. There were stakes but everything remained cheesy
>>
>>160037016
>rise of capeshit
>2 series in literally 2 years barely counting one as capeshitt
>>
>>160040177
>>160039673
As for this shitty ass tournament arc wew.
1st. off this shit high school setting makes everything feel like baby shit. It gives the sense that it's all a controlled environment and thus nothing is really a stake here.

Opposed to something like the hunter or chunni exams where actual life is threatened, you know actual stakes.

2nd. The test make no fucking sense. How does running through a shit obstacle corse once prepare students for being heroes?

What's worse was the gawd awful calvary battle, when will any of the students every be forced to handicap themselves to a calvary position in the real world? Fucking never, this hack of a mangaka really couldn't come up with original exams that actually test the characters to being heroes?
The whole arc is so predictable and by the numbers, there's literally no room for originality or creativity in the writing with such rigid test.

On the other hand something like naruto will have a written exam. On one hand the test is filled with knowledge that would be useful to the "ninjas" in their world, on the other hand there's a nice twist in which the goal of the test is actually to get away with cheating. They even do a whole spiel on how that plays into being a ninja. It's a creative twist on the whole written exam and it plays directly into the world.
Running and obstacle corse once, and playing calvary battle has fuck all to do with being a hero.

And don't get me started on the actual fights themselves, the animations are average at best or static with speed lines, character motivations and backstories are super generic, the choreography is basic or flat out makes no sense, or worst of all everything is extremely predictable, no good twist or surprises what's so ever.
>>
>>160037016
Why hero always win in capeshit story
>>
>>160040576

>Naruto

I stopped reading here
>>
>>160040576
You dont know ninja in naruto now fight alien
>>
>>160037414
>>160038103
Yeah, a lot. Nagahama has a definite vision for this show; it sounds like something he's wanted to make for a long time. He's also a hardcore capeshit fan, so I trust it in his hands. Also, he's yet to make a bad anime.
>>
>>160040669
Like the father of shonen dragonball
>>
>>160040576
To be fair, there are huge time jumps in MHA, I think it could safely be able to assume that they do it more than once.
>>
>>160040624
I'd love to say Ultimate Spiderman but Bendis even fucked that up
>>
>>160040177
Saitama is a parody of the archetypical Superhero who's strong enough to take on any challenge, taken to its logical extreme.

This doesn't make the show bad, insubstantial, or meaningless, but it is still a parody of many super hero and general anime/manga cliches and concepts.
>>
>>160040569
There's definitely more than that. Kekkai Sensen counts, for one; it's essentially Yasuhiro Nightow's Hellboy fanfiction.

>>160040624
Read Watchmen.

>>160040680
We think you should take it to /tv/.
>>
>>160040464
Nah, Psykos and Genus get some good development. There's also God
>>160040509
Orochi is new and he's here to stay
>>160040529
I like both of these series, but you're 1/3 on the characters you mentioned. Bang is anything but stoic, Tatsumaki has no dere in her except for her sister and Blast, she has no problem mutilating everyone else. Puri Puri is a gay rapist, he gives excellent advice though
>>
Deku has absolutely zero conflicts after basically O MY RUBBER NENing his way to a power that shouldn't have been given to him had he not rolled a goddamn 20 in luck. Don;t give that injured bullshit, he will master the quirk with zero lifelong negative consequences.

Meanwhile a high tier guy like Sweet Mask had his entire fucking face caved in by the person causing mayhem who is really not even a bad guy at heart. That's stupid, but it's interesting. Boku has it's own stupidity but it's a different kind. The vanilla, bland kind.
>>
>>160040098
Who knows. They keep getting shoehorned into anime this way, as far back as Star Driver.

At least one of them is Uki Satake, who's an actually decent seiyuu.
>>
>>160040788
The whole point of Amai Mask is that he's a prettyboy faggot who can't walk the walk and is in heroing for the exposure and money rather than to do any good.
>>
>>160040624
Why hero always win in end in shonen anime
>>
>ITT: Nobody knows how to like two things at once without having a stick up their ass also
>>
>>160040833
Why good ending is popular then bad ending
>>
>OPM fans are faggots

Who would've guessed.
>>
>>160040569
Rise in popularity?

>>160040177
OPM is kind of repetitive and the characters.are too 2d.

>>160040576
>playing calvary battle

they're going to make sentai formations obviously
>>
>>160040824
Sweet Mask reattached his severed arm like nothing, treated his facial destruction like nothing and was brand new after the arc ended.

He's in the dark, but he's up there.
>>
>>160037016
This more better desu
>>
>>160040732
>Kekkai Sensen
>capeshit
You fucking lost me.
>>
>>160040656
Yeah, you not it's bad when you make a tournament arc so devoid of common sense, creativity and excitement even naruto is better.

I could have did the same shit siting the hunter exams, point still stands bnha has the worst shounen tournament arc I have ever read.
>>
>>160040946
>OPM for hipsters

No wonder it flopped. And will never get another season unlike OPM and Hero Academia.
>>
File: 1468302278254.png (490KB, 625x709px) Image search: [Google]
1468302278254.png
490KB, 625x709px
>>160040946
>genuine,interesting story is better than parody
was there ever any doubt?
>>
File: 1468506755986.png (362KB, 660x658px) Image search: [Google]
1468506755986.png
362KB, 660x658px
>>160040984
>>
>>160040788
>entire fucking face caved
>not calling it Beavis mode
>>160040824
You can make claims like that after you've read the webcomic
>>160040984
It didn't flop
>>
>>160040946
Are you trying to redefine capeshit or trying to force some shitty concept on anime?
>>
>>160041050
Because capeshit is shit
>>
>>160041079
I guess /v/ is capeshit too.
>>
>>160040982
Tournament arcs shouldn't exist in a world where the 23rd and 25th martial arts tournaments and dark tournament happened on other stories.
>>
How is two series in the last 3 or so years constitute a 'rise' of anything? If anything the current era is the era of Isekai, capeshit is barely even on the radar in Japan.
>>
>>160040669
What's wrong with aliens?
>>
>>160040732
>we

you have to go back
>>
>>160040732
Kekkai sensen isn't remotely capeshit. It's just typical superpower urban fantasy.
>>
>>160040833
They don't.
>>
>TFW unironically like Deku

Dunno why, but i cheer for him to grow up as the greatest hero.
>>
>>160040946

What's the appeal of this?
>>
>>160040900
The characters in opm stick to their main defining character traits and aren't particularly deep but that doesn't take anything away from the show.

It works well, especially sinces there's a nice rotation of whom saitama interacts with, the one defining personality traits are fun to see saitama interact with, they keep it from feeling repetitive by cycling through and introducing new characters, though the cast never feels bloated.

Not to mention at least the characters in opm actually have some personality to them, can't say the same for bnh
>>
>>160040576
>MUH "ACADEMIA SERIES" SET IN A SCHOOL

>sports festival is for Hero Training for the Future
>not the entire thing just for showing off the students abilities for heroes to see to help them decide who would fit best as their intern
>this wasn't explicitly mentioned in the anime

>MUH ANIME ISNT EXACTLY NARUTO SO ITS NOT CREATIVE

>animation is average at best
>the author himself cried after watching the fight that you're only saying is poorly animated for attention

>character motivations and backstories
>super generic
>"His parents are still alive, so it's generic."

>fight choreography
>predictable
>"I know where this guy's going to punch, so it's bad."

>no good twists or surprises
>the mc goes all out and doesn't win the tournament
>the mc goes all out and doesn't even place top 4
>the rival wins and literally does not give a shit

>watching anime this fast

I took your bait but whatever. Guess shit taste pedros loved OPM too. Not surprised.
>>
File: Hajime-No-Ippo-Episode-4.jpg (17KB, 416x312px) Image search: [Google]
Hajime-No-Ippo-Episode-4.jpg
17KB, 416x312px
>>160041351
Because he's a generic, beta underdog with a pity story and you're a massive normalfag.

He has no actual personality or interesting character traits, just a generic by the books underdog.
>>
>>160041385
You watch it to find out.
>>
>>160041351
Stupid character like deku is shit desu
>>
>>160041420
were people expecting izuku to win the tourny? he made todo use his power with some talk no jutsu which was what I expected.
>>
>>160040576
I can't believe I'm responding to bait, but here it goes

>obstacle course criticism

They have to topple each other to be number one which is what the current status of being a hero has become. It's popularity contest just as much as it is about being useful and saving people. It's also an opportunity to demonstrate their quirks to pros that are watching, so that they have a better shot at an internship that'll eventually lead to a full career.

>playing Calvary Battle

The series literally tells you that heroes are sometimes forced to team up. This is explained both in the first and second season. Sometimes you have to topple others to stay around and sometimes you have to work with other heroes currently present to deal with a villain/save people.

This status quo also gives motive to Stain. This series is a pretty straightforward one, so how you managed to miss all of that is beyond me.
>>
>>160041420
They pulled the protag doesn't win in a tournament back in dragon ball, back in Aishita No Joe, Hajime No Ippo. Fuck, a show that exists to market Pokemon has Ash get BTFO outside of semifinals years before BNHA happened.
>>
>>160041724
Even naruto lose not get chunin title
>>
>>160041385
I mean the appeal is the characters and art direction mostly. Even if you find most characters boring then the art direction and animation during the fight scenes is interesting enough.
Its is also funny at times unlike One Punch Man where the same joke repeats itself for like 12 episodes.
>>
>>160041724
>Pokemon

Thanks for reminding about all the salt that occurred once Ash failed to win in the Kalos League. I needed that laugh.
>>
>>160041724
Yeah, you want a real twist? Have the main character win a tournament in a realistic way and then get absolutely BTFO when the real bad guys arrive because a big story should never focus on a fucking tournament arc.
>>
File: 1499818839830.png (276KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1499818839830.png
276KB, 600x849px
ONE = 180 IQ mangaka chad who is too intelligent to disappoint Miyazaki

Horikoshi = sub 80 IQ autistic unironic narutard that loves fujoshis

Fact.
>>
>>160041849
Fuck anon insult mangaka just because dont like his manga
>>
>>160041849
I wish you became mangaka then i can insult your iq is bellow zero
>>
>>160041843
What if the tournament is a way to develop students and have them show what they're capable of in front of thousands of pros? Or literally anything mentioned here: >>160041666

The tournament arc is something shounen will never escape, but it can be useful. I also don't remember people hating HxH's tournament arc, so there are definitely decent ones out there.
>>
File: 1475795846257.png (280KB, 554x738px) Image search: [Google]
1475795846257.png
280KB, 554x738px
>>160041780
>same joke repeats itself for like 12 episodes
>he still thinks Saitama's punch is always a joke, let alone the entire joke in the series
Since you're practically begging for it
>>
>>160041843
Please just watch the fucking show.

The festival isn't to teach the kids how to be heroes, the school is for that. They're showing off their quirks and getting scouted by agencies who think they're good enough.

What series have you seen where the MC bases all judgements off of their experience competing in a tournament?
>>
>>160041420
You don't even understand the purpose greentext, pls.
>Set in school
This setting literally fucked them.

>not the entire thing just for showing off the students abilities
That's all this tournament arc was. The writer being the uncreative hack he is just couldn't make up a test or scenario in which it makes logical sense that they should use their powers.

As explained a single obstacle corse and calvary battle test nothing, just a forced crutch for the characters with no actual in world use beyond filler for the actual fighting portion.

>It's not Naruto
Never said it had to be, the point was naruto was able to make pre-test/challengers for the actual fighting that made actual sense. the challenges taught lessons and brought up ideas which expanded on the world. He was able to make genuinely original and creative challenges and twist, with unique solutions. The writer had to actually think about it, instead of doing a brain dead generic sports festival with super powers.

>Generic backstories
It was literally a corny korean soap opera, pls

>Predictable
I wasn't talking about the choreography being predictable, but the outcome of the fights. The writer is incapable of writing clever twist and solutions into his fight scenes. They where cut and dry, you never once had to worry about who would win.

Yet something like rock lee vs gaara, had some many twist and turns, the pace of the fight went back and forth and the out come was genuinely unpredictable.

>MC NOT WINNING A BABY TOURNAMENT IS A TWIST
ahahahah you're joking. I'm talking about twist during the fight itself. Presenting an issue for each party, and writing in clever or exciting solutions for each person to execute.
You could tell who would win each fight without even watching them in bnh
>>
>>160041849
>Horikoshi = acquires success on his own

>ONE = Needs Murata to make his garbage comic popular and replace his toddler scribbles with real art

Really makes you think
>>
>>160042031
Now this is what I call bait, fuck off with your crossboarder memes.
>>
>>160041931
I mean I get the whole series is not that joke only, but really the comedy is decent at best. If it weren't for the amazing animation involved the show would be a chore to watch and you kind of have to admit it.
>>
>>160041230
Name some more superpower urban fantasy
I'm interested in that genre
>>
>>160041929
That was more like a mini arc. Battle Tower was treated by Gon and Killua as a way to get money, but like the 25th martial arts tournament in DBZ, it stopped being the main idea two episodes in when returning Hisoka's punch and realizing the Hunter test was still going on became more important.
>>
>>160041666
Holy shit you're an idiot.
>Obstacle course
This is quite literally the most original and pointless test the writer could have come up with.
There's dozens of better scenarios in which each person can show case their power.
Running a corse once, in no way determines real world usefulness.

>Calvary Battle
Oh, I have no issue with forcing them to team up, that makes sense given the setting.
The issue is IN NO SITUATION WILL THEY EVER BE PIGEON HELD INTO A CALVARY FORMATION.
This does absolutely nothing for team work, never will they forced to fight in such an awkward formation.

The writer just wanted to superfy generic japanese high school festival shit because he is void of any and all creativity.
>>
>>160041955
I did and I read it.

Hunter x Hunter literally has a session with the chairman not only going through the main characters, but the side guys as well, interviewing them on how they felt about the other people. Gon has an entire chapter or like half an episode detailing all that happened in the exam, which was like and even ended up being a tournament in the end.
>>
>>160041931
Doesn't the humour pretty much come from OPM not giving a shit pwhile the other characters doesn't know who he is. Pretty repetitive.

>>160042076
The OST as well
>>
>>160042271
>Doesn't the humour pretty much come from OPM not giving a shit pwhile the other characters doesn't know who he is
That literally the a small portion of the comedy, and quite a shallow look at it. Most of the comedy comes from the character interacting with their environment, Saitama isn't involved with everything
>>160042076
No, I don't agree with that in the slightest
>>
>>160041884
>>160041926
Quiet, Pedro & Pablo and learn coherent English before posting.
>>
>>160042183
>Calls someone else an idiot while idiotically missing the point

With that man first years, an obstacle course makes perfect sense.
>Students use their quirks to their advantage to figuratively and literally stay on top just like the current world of heroes
>First obstacle is what they had to deal with during their entrance exam to test how far they've come along

It's like you're not even trying.

>Hung up on the Calvary formation of all things

Jesus fucking Christ. It's not about running into other people and having a Calvary Battle in the real world. You can't be this stupid. It's simply about having to put together a team on the spot and utilizing each other's strengths and weaknesses. Even easier: It's about coordinating as a team. If you think that's an awkward formation, imagine what's out there in the hero world? Why wouldn't it make sense to have the students get used to having to pair up while being uncomfortable and needing to work together without any prior setup?

>The writer just wanted to superfy generic japanese high school festival shit because he is void of any and all creativity

>World of superheroes
>Series openly states that stuff like the Olympics are a thing of the past because of quirks
>Sports festival activity naturally involves students using their quirks

No, fuck you. I can't believe anybody is this stupid. You're either pretending to be retarded and baiting or you haven't read or watched this series.
>>
>>160042365
The majority of the humour does come from that situation though. The other characters have to act very obtus so they can keep repeating it.
>>
>>160042386
I dont like the idea of insult mangaka just because anon is weeb fucking trash that like animu
>>
>>160040298
Who are all these characters, though? Why do you give a shit about them?

Only ones worth remembering are All Might because he's almost the perfect archetype of a super hero. And I kinda liked Stain just because his autistic outrage at how absurd it is for most of the "heroes" to call themselves heroes resonated with my autism. But the rest? Forgettable trash all of them. ESPECIALLY the main character, who is probably the least interesting character in the whole show. I'd even take fukken naruto over him any day of the week. As obnoxious as he was, at least he had a personality.
>>
File: p_00001.jpg (201KB, 893x1400px) Image search: [Google]
p_00001.jpg
201KB, 893x1400px
>Capeshit thread
>No mention of Gamma
>>
>>160042449
>Obstacle
Beating someone in a literal race doesn't teach competetivitiy(what you're describing) more then any other test between peers.

The act of running over minds and shit on a set path itself is a fucking joke of a test, it doesn't allow for a good show casing of powers in anyway.
Someones quirk may be extremely useful, but useless when running an obstacle corse, beyond being flat out unoriginal, and stupids.

>hung up on what makes a CALVARY BATTLE a FUCKING CALVARY BATTLE

If they wanted to pit everyone in random teams to test teamwork a calvary battle is the worst possible test to do so.
Actually forcing students to form a calvary formation, and steal ribbons from each other will in no way aid them in the real world, a team test like the one in season 1 would promote the creative use of team work a million times better then a generic calavary battle.

The only reason such horrible nonsensical test where used is because the writer being the uncreative hack he is decided to just put a spin on generic school festival staples.
It's just bad writing, and even worse execution, making for the worst tournament arc ever.

There's nothing wrong with sports festival bullshit with super powers, but using them to test and market children to investors is beyond anti-productive. Not only is it lazy writing but it's extremely unhelpful. I'd find it hard to believe that investors honestly think such pointless trivial test are able to fully sell each student, the fact that they actually use it to look for prospects is just comically bad writing.

Now, if the writer was just doing a school festival for fun? Sure this shit could work out, but as a pre-curser to a for a fucking tournament arc? It fails on ever level.
>>
>>160042632
>The majority of the humour does come from that situation though
The majority of the humor comes from Saitama fucking around inside his circle of "friends"
>The other characters have to act very obtus so they can keep repeating it.
Post Sea King, nearly everyone Saitama encounters knows how he is, and interactions outside of that are even treated as jokes. They rarely repeat that, it's more of a joke that Saitama doesn't remember who anyone he's meet is
>>
>>160042695
And I don't like the idea of you existing on this planet but we all have to make compromises every now and then.
>>
>>160042838
No, the majority of the humour comes from his opponents overlookin' him cause they don't know who he is while OPM tries to figure out what he's going to eat for dinner. Then when the people around him do see his strength they keep acting dumb like that can't be it.
>>
I love this thread, it started out as bait and ended up being anons trying to one up each other by having progressively deteriorating grammar and spelling in their attempts at an argument
>>
>>160042386
>>160042695
Did you report them for esl?
>>
>>160043104
That only applies to Saitama fights, which don't even take up a third of the manga. Even then, all his fights don't follow this scenario. And people recognize his strength instantly, it's an outside factor that leads to doubt. Remove that, and you get another supporting character
>>
File: cutefish.png (920KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cutefish.png
920KB, 1280x720px
>>160040966
>>160041230
Did you miss the part where Literally Abe Sapien joins Libra?
>>
>>160042827
>Still not understanding the obstacle race even though every obstacle is explained

They even explain that the minefield was made with the mines to be visible so that the students would have to exploit their eyes and legs. Things that don't require their quirks. There's you answer for some quirks not being useful. The mine field also puts first place at a disadvantage which, fucking surprise, is a common theme with being #1. Above all else, it's still a fucking school sports festival and it's made for entertainment purposes as well. Todoroki even mentions that. There's no way you've gone through this series.

>Actually forcing students to form a calvary formation, and steal ribbons from each other will in no way aid them in the real world, a team test like the one in season 1 would promote the creative use of team work a million times better then a generic calavary battle

Obtaining a headband from the enemy is in the same ballpark as what they did in season one. The Calvary Battle formation forces teamwork and coordination. It requires all of that before they even make the formation.
>Deciding on a leader
>A shield/attacker
>Support/logistics

Did you not see how well the teams worked together and utilized each other? Compensating for Kaminari's attacks hitting everyone, Deku's team being weightless, Bakugou can fly off and be brought back in my Sero.

Why wouldn't Hori put a spin on standard high school sports festival activities? In a fucking world with quirks where they even mentioned that the Olympics are a thing of the past. U.A is still a high school, so of course they're going to have a sports festival and of course it's going to involve quirks. Just say you didn't like the arc and move on. The events made sense and were explained.

The audience is seen being impressed with everything Todoroki did to maintain first place, so obviously pros are interested. You can't be this dense.
>>
>>160043134
You used a comma instead of a period.
>>
File: 1465564645949.png (398KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465564645949.png
398KB, 600x600px
>"What does /a/ think of the rise of capeshit anime?"
>Thread predictably falls into LOL WATS BETTER
>>
File: anpanman_by_08181002.jpg (54KB, 520x331px) Image search: [Google]
anpanman_by_08181002.jpg
54KB, 520x331px
>>160037016
One Punch Man is a parody of Anpanman which is older than your parents. Calling it 'capeshit' assumes incorrectly that it has anything to do whatsoever with the modern superhero film genre. Which it doesn't.
>>
File: 1491376489354.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491376489354.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>>160037016
>next naruto and dbz.jpg
I'm sure this thread wasn't bait.
>>
>>160037016
Holy shit, /a/.

This is what is wrong with you as a board now.

Hate two completely different shows? Find something that loosely connects them (even items of fucking clothing) and say a new shitty trend is starting and get all negative about it.

Fuck.
>>
>>160043861
No one other than Narutards hate ONE, they hate him for saving anime and being an outgoing chad.
>>
File: njsdj.png (575KB, 810x664px) Image search: [Google]
njsdj.png
575KB, 810x664px
>>160037016
Fate is still the best after all these years, though for capeshit that's like being the smartest man with down syndrome
>>
>>160037016
Why does OP suck so many dicks?? We'll never know!
>>
>Battle shonen with unique setting and characters like Toriko getting shafted for capeshit manga

sad
>>
>>160039719
>that
>capeshit
Might as well include every DQ-inspired show as well because they're about "heroes".
>>
File: 1500212243243.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500212243243.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Why don't japs adapt capeshit comics into anime? It's a big market tbqh
>>
>>160041298
But that ain't shonen.
>>
>>160037016
Give anime a little every bit of something, would ya? Not even the Japanese hates capeshit as you do.
>>
>>160043861
t. buttmad comic shit burguer
>>
>>160039588
/thread/
>>
>>160037016
Other way to suck murica shit while saying nips can do it better desu.
>>
>>160037016
So does no one remember Tiger and bunny
>>
>>160042031
>chapters weekly vs monthly+ chapters
BNHA: 2
OPM: 0
>>
>>160049238
it doesnt matter if you have shit in more quantity but if you have something edible at all
>>
I just want to see All Might do cool shit.
>>
>>160037016
>two fucking anime

Everyone knows Isekai is the true holder of the anime zeitgeist.
>>
ONEfags is the worst fanbase ever. Prove me wrong. You can't.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.