[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light Yagami looks like THAT!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: deathnotelight.jpg (67KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
deathnotelight.jpg
67KB, 433x650px
Light Yagami looks like THAT!?
>>
not anime
>>
>>159976786
>let's take the perfect honor student good boy and make him an edgy faggot lel

Literally WHAT were they thinking?
>>
>>159976786
This is light's new gf
say something nice to her
>>
>>159976878
she isn't the whore covered with tattoos and piercings that I thought she'd be
>>
>>159976786
Even Brad Pitt would have made a more convinving Raito.
>>
>>159976878
2 gods died for this
>>
>>159976871
If Light was in an american high school he'd probably just be a skinny, nerdy asian guy.
>>
>>159977215
It's not about being asian, it's about being /r9k/-tier bottom feeder, edgy loser.

He should be the equivalent of a "Chad". He's supposed to be on top from the start.
>>
>>159977215
Except that Light is a Chad, and his Chadness is a key plot point multiple times.

It's obvious the showrunners really want to try and convince people women fall head over heels for edgy emo faggots. I wonder why...
>>
How do you misinterpret a story this badly? Even 5 minutes reading the synopsis on Wikipedia should have told them that Light is supposed to be some outwardly perfect, popular dude. It's like if the guy from high school musical became a serial killer.
>>
>>159977279
I think it's the opposite. The showrunners are making Light look scheming and unlikable from the start because they don't trust their audience to pick up on something that even retarded 12 year old weebs could understand. I'm not going to watch this, but I'd be willing to bet that there are no scenes of Light being charming at all.
>>
File: l.jpg (75KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
75KB, 433x650px
>mfw light and L were a fuccboi and a autist
>now they are an edgelord and a terrorist
Maybe kids can selfinsert now- oh wait.
>>
>>159977307
Jesus, that guy from HSM would have been the perfect actor for Light.
>>
>>159977254
I wouldn't call him a "chad". He's more of a nice guy who isn't a complete cuck and actually nice and smart, while of course thinking everyone else is a cuck who should die
>>
>>159977307
The movie takes place in the United States, does it not? Most people act like criminals there so it is not surprising that they needed to change the characterizations.
>>
>>159977365
I don't think they're trying to make him unlikable, sad as that is, I really think this is what they believe is cool. This is what they think teens are into, and the really pathetic thing is that they might be right.
>>
>>159977391
I don't mind terrorist L. As long as L is still a weird outcast, the basic concept of the character is fine. And as a smart black guy in a major US city, he's an outcast by default. It's the Light casting that I still can't figure out.
>>
>>159977215
Light was the perfect school boy model. He would have been the school student president if not for his other ambitions.

>gifted intelligence level
>athletically fit
>chick magnet
>chicks will date him at his call

This kinda thing is rare in America since intelligence is a thing that America abhors with passion. The stereotype in America is good looking guy = weak/retard. Nerdy disgusting looking guy = genius. Fat/large = "athletic"

In Japan/Asia, perfect guy = good looking, extremely smart, thin/fit build that can hold their own. This is a model student the asians push in their society. In contrast the American model student is a large/fat football player who fails at school work and only gets by because he can play football.
>>
>>159977418
Light is definitely a Chad. There are multiple times in the plot where his plan hinges on being able to pick up or charm a random girl on a whim. He's shown as being a talented athlete, a top student, liked by basically everyone around him...Chad is a fair way to describe him. He's almost cartoonishly perfect on the outside, which is what makes the character's internal batshit insanity so interesting. It also helps explain why everyone is so slow to suspect him.
>>
>>159977511
Light = steve jobs
L = wozniak
>>
>>159977511
>In contrast the American model student is a large/fat football player who fails at school work and only gets by because he can play football.

No it isn't. The key is being tall and good looking, everything else is secondary. Light fits those first two criteria.
>>
>>159977279
>>159977279
I agree that they fucked up with the character development but people like Light don't really exist in the USA. The closest you'll get is having him be some sheltered rich kid with a god complex, but that would go against the premise of his father being a cop.
>>
>>159977521
When people say chad, I think of a football player who binge drinks every weekend. I wouldn't say Light is that
>>
>>159977595
>people like Light don't really exist in the USA.

Good-looking popular people who get good grades don't exist in the USA? Am I on /int/?
>>
>>159977608
>When people say chad, I think of a football player who binge drinks every weekend.

Then you have the wrong idea of what "Chad" is. It sounds like you're basing it on the villain of a 1980s American high school movie.
>>
File: 1462316944407.png (25KB, 260x268px) Image search: [Google]
1462316944407.png
25KB, 260x268px
>>159977391
>put black dude in black and white pic
>his face is now white
Can't tell if they are trolling or are actually that stupid.
>>
>>159977595
see: >>159977652

A Chad isn't a dumb jock, a Chad is someone with at least above average intelligence, above average attractiveness, and has excellent social skills.

Light is an expert manipulator and seducer. This kid looks like he's going to shoot up his school.
>>
>>159976786
>JUST word is literally written over Light's head
Hilarious.
>>
File: DE9wuaUUQAEG2p5.jpg (26KB, 540x382px) Image search: [Google]
DE9wuaUUQAEG2p5.jpg
26KB, 540x382px
>>
File: laito.png (200KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
laito.png
200KB, 433x650px
>>159978207
>>
>>159977409
Too old now I think, unless you wanted to age all the characters up into their 20s (maybe make them college students from the start).
>>
>>159978365
Then just get some other kid from Disney.

There are a shitload of pretty boys with decent acting chops who would give their left nut to be in this movie.

Although honestly just aging up Light so that he's in college instead of high school at the beginning would be fine and would really help cut down the story so it could be told in a single movie without hurting the plot too much.
>>
>>159977572
In my school it was definitely what anon said. Nobody gives a shit about height so stop this meme unless you are a literal Mexican midget.
>>
If L is so smart why isn't he a mathematician ?
>>
>>159977595
>people like Light don't really exist in the USA
Just take 17 years old Harvey Dent. There's your Light.
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (58KB, 1281x713px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
58KB, 1281x713px
>>159979013
For the same reason all smart people don't play chess.
>>
>>159979022
Now I remembered how that show Gotham fucked up Harvey Dent by making him a complete asshole scumbag fraud with a split personality long before his accident.

This Light is the exact same thing. These showrunners are ADHD children who can't just make a good white knight character for five seconds before having him fall to darkness and evil. Everything has to be edgy from minute one. There's no meaning to Harvey Dent's or Light's character arcs if they're edgy and evil from the start, it's the fact that they started as good people with good lives that makes their fall interesting and meaningful, why is that so difficult to understand?

ADHD writers entertaining ADHD children.
>>
File: ryuk.jpg (99KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
ryuk.jpg
99KB, 433x650px
>>
File: 1472040077760.png (286KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1472040077760.png
286KB, 576x699px
>another month to enjoy life without this
>>
>>159976813
/a/'s rule 4:
>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.
It's allowed. Ghost in the shell was allowed too when it happened.
>>
You can tell this is going to be better than it should be by how much /a/ hates on it
>>
>>159978233
new spiderman film was shit
>>
>>159982360
try hard
>>
>>159982935
He's not wrong.
Dropping TASM was a mistake.
>>
>>159976786
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>159980250
please tell me that's just an edit of the new Suicide Squad ad or something
>>
>>159983595
it's real
>>
>>159979013
/sci/ pls go
>>
>Light TURNER

Is this real?
>>
>>159976878
C-cute!
>>
The worst part of this movie is that both L and Light are now motivated by "doing the right thing" as opposed to their original ego-driven ideals. It's basically a complete rewrite, not an adaptation.
>>
>>159976786
>be Netflix executive
>know there is no way you can fit a 37 episode show with tons of dialog into a 2 hour movie and have it make any sense
>fuck it we'll just make the characters so controversial the weebs will spend all their time bitching about them instead of the plot
>normies won't care they eat up anything edgy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3X61zDcu4s
>>
>>159984462
I honestly wonder why they did not go for a TV series. The original premise had a lot of potential. Are mystery/suspense shows not popular with normalfags or something?
>>
>>159980539
Hahaha yeah no. I'd agree with you if the only complains /a/ had were "WHY IS L BLACK FUCK THIS SHIT" but this is clearly not the case. From the trailer alone you can tell there's nothing left of mangaLight in Light Turner except for his name. With this information in mind for me the movie has at least 80% probability of being shit.
>>
>>159984342
They said they wanted to make it "american." I guess that means removing all character and story depth.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.