[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ like the Seisouhen OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: poster-12931.jpg (21KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
poster-12931.jpg
21KB, 250x353px
Does /a/ like the Seisouhen OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin?
>>
I enjoyed them, although I've only really seen the OVAs. I couldn't care less about the manga and I only have passing familiarity with the TV anime.
>>
>>159850070
Liked the Enishi part but I'm not that fond of Kenshin's animu AIDS
>>
>>159850241
Didn't Tsuiokuhen establish that Kenshin's parents died of that AIDS-like disease? Maybe he inherited it from them.
>>
>>159850070
The way it adapted the Enishi arc was great. I was not a fan of the manga's last arc, it was too stupid even for Rurouni Kenshin. Making it a way more personal battle for Kenshin and cutting out everyone else other than Kaoru was the best way to adapt that shitty story.

And then the shitty samurai AIDS ending happened. What the fuck was that about. It really just ruined it.

>>159850305
It's not actually AIDS. It's supposed to be a disease that Kenshin gets for using Hiten Mitsurugi. Kenshin gets warned about negative side effects of fighting throughout the show and manga from Megumi. The staff totally misinterpreted this as AIDS. Absolutely retarded.

At least it looked amazing though. And it was nice to see all the characters reuniting after Sano's abrupt departure in the manga.

The ending is just so terrible that I can't help but hate it, despite how much I liked everything else.
>>
>>159850070
No. Even Watsuki himself openly admitted how much he hated it.
>>
>>159850070
Isn't Trust and Betrayal the only one worth watching?
>>
>>159851208
pretty much

seisouhen and new kyoto arc are shit
>>
>>159851154
I'm pretty sure he didn't hate Seisouhen. He just thought it wasn't the conclusion he would go for, and stated that whether his ending or Seisouhen is better comes down to personal taste.
>>
>>159850508
Its not even a disease at all. The style just puts too much physical stress on his body and he did long term damage to himself from using it for years. He's like one of those old burned out athletes.

Its supposed to be used by someone with a height and build like his masters, not a manlet twig.
>>
>>159851295
He was quoted as saying how much he hated the ending. He basically said "Kenshin deserved a happy ending after all the crap he went through."
>>
>>159851312
I meant that the show was giving him a disease and saying the Hiten Mitsurugi caused it. You are right though.
>>
>>159850070
One of the few anime kino
>>
>>159851352
He did say that, but he never said he hated Seisouhen.
>>
File: rurouni-kenshin-tsuiokuhen.jpg (39KB, 373x500px) Image search: [Google]
rurouni-kenshin-tsuiokuhen.jpg
39KB, 373x500px
>>159851208
Trust and Betrayal isn't just worth watching. It's essential. Trust and Betrayal is a bonafide fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>159851208
No, it's just the vastly superior OVA. Seisouhen is still a great watch if you're not one of those "muh happy ending" fags.
>>
>>159851442
>if you're not one of those "muh happy ending" fags.
It's not JUST about Kenshin not getting a happy ending.

A bad ending for Kenshin would have been fine if he had done anything to deserve it, but he didn't. The whole point of the story is to show how Kenshin atones for the killing he did during the Bakumatsu. The final confrontation with Enishi is where it all comes together for him and allows him to finally move past his life as a hitokiri. Seisouhen spits on the source material's themes by making Kenshin leave the dojo again for no reason other than the fact that he is a "wanderer," even though the Kyoto arc's ending and the ending to Enishi both dealt with Kenshin being able to find a home.

Seisouhen also wildly misinterprets the negative side effects of the Hiten Mitsurugi. Not only does he develop samurai AIDS but he also gets fucking AMNESIA. This turn of events is just absolutely retarded.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.