[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 48

am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese? It's made in the west so I was leaning towards english but I don't know.
>>
Written in english, directed by english speaking people. Watch in english.
>>
it's shit don't bother
>>
Spoiler: it's alright but it's not very good. Just watch Vampire Hunter D instead
>>
>>159627761
>>159627798
b-but everyone is saying it's the greatest video game adaptation
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>159627682
>am I supposed to watch this in english or japanese?
Why the fuck does this keep coming up? It's an american series, why the fuck would you see an american series created with english voice acting in mind, and then decide to watch it in a language you DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND? Are you seriously this much a pathetic fucking weeaboo that you would rather read subtitles?
>>
>>159629187
japs are known to have top tier voice acting
>>
>>159627682
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
It's not an anime.
>>
>>159627682
best anime of the season
>>
>>159627682

I want to drink her beer!
>>
>>159627682
English you fucking weeb.
>>
>>159627682
There was a japanese option? I watched at a friend's house because I'm not retarded enough to have a Netflix account so I wasn't even aware that was an option. The english voices weren't offensive though, considering the dialogue was written for it first it really didn't bother me.

That said I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's not spectacular is any capacity but it was mildly engaging all the way through and had competent visuals. Will probably end up watching the rest later.
>>
>>159629612
The main reason I usually watch anime in jap is because what they say is usually so dumb I wouldnt be able to handle it if I could actually understand it.
>>
>>159627682
I downloaded it from HorribleSubs. It only had JP audio.
>>
>>159627682
Apparently the latin american dub is top tier.
>>
>>159627932
Everyone is a fucking idiot.

>tone is all over the place
>writing is weak in every way that wasn't lifted from the source material
>main character is a comic book superhero quip factory
>writers went full fedora tipper about the Church/god/religion/science etc
>style looks good but the animation is shit except for one poster scene
>>
>>159629187
>castelvania
>konami
>american

Fuck off.
>>
>>159630641
Glad to see retards are getting triggered by this on every board despite it being spelled out for the viewer that god is real and helps people and that it was just the bishop and his thugs that were fuck ups.
>>
>>159630641

I understand the dislike for fedora tippers and all, but how is a priest doing bad things because he has good intentions and truly believes they are the path of God "going full fedora tipper"? You do realize these things really did and still do happen, right?
>>
File: 1428706762386.jpg (35KB, 536x395px) Image search: [Google]
1428706762386.jpg
35KB, 536x395px
>>159629612
>>159630565
It's a combination of these two things. Western dubs are often so cringe-inducingly stupid and obnoxious in comparison that I would rather just read the subtitles and listen to the equal or better jap VAs. For example, in Vampire DBL:

>Group of zombified monsters menacingly approach characters
Jap dub: sound effects of monsters moving, groaning as good-looking scary shots of them are shown in motion
English dub:
"We've got company!"
"Lots of company"
>>
All threads have been deleted. Why keep making them?
>>
>>159627682
not anime
>>
FUCK OFF ATHEISTS

THIS IS A CHRISTIAN BOARD
>>
>>159627932
It's good for a video game adaptation. It's also good if you've played the games and can fill in the gaps in the narrative. I enjoyed it, I think it was pretty good. It expanded on Trevor, who's from an old game so his personality was never shown in detail until now.

As for English vs Japanese, you should watch it in English I watched it in Japanese though because it's all I could find. The subs aren't the best.
>>
>>159627682
>am I supposed to
Can't people not think for themselves anymore, do they need others to wipe their own ass now.
>>
>>159627682
>watching english dubs
Newfag.
>>
>>159631013
They are closed captions so the lines from the subs are what you hear in the actual English track.
>>
>>159630641
>*tips fedors* haha atheists amirite?
Shut the fuck up you idiot, even the games did this. The Belmonts WERE kicked out of the country by the Church, that's canon. In OoE, the church is the one who revived Dracula, that is canon. In LoS the Church is evil. The Church is always fucking stuff up in the canon. If you want to bitch about stories where the church is evil then fuck off and don't play Castlevania.
>>
File: 1499707745686.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1499707745686.webm
3MB, 900x506px
it seems pretty bad
>>
File: 1460061468050.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1460061468050.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>159630641
>recreating how XV century catholic church truly was
>"b-but they thought they were doing something good!"

If reality hurts you that bad it's because you're either a brainwashed fag or just ignorant.
>>
>>159631069
>english dub

english is the original language this was made for
>>
>>159630799
>how is a priest doing bad things because he has good intentions and truly believes they are the path of God "going full fedora tipper"?

While that should have been and was initially intended to be his character, it was made very clear that he is cynically motivated by the desire for power. >I am the church! So a contradiction in the writing there, one of at least a couple, brought about by the need to assert needless atheist friendly iconography into a period plot where it is not relevant. Like how every priest is a brutal, weapon-weilding thug. Please.
>>
>>159631123
That's just a really bad scene, even people who like the show think that scene is shit.
>>
>>159631123
it looks fine to me
>>
>>159631143
>Recreating how XV century catholic church truly was
>Religion is, like, evil, man

You have no idea what you're talking about. This is a cartoon based on a video game, not a historical study. And furthermore, life is just not that simple. Ironically, you're the one who's been brainwashed with a highly oversimplified and politicized caricature of history.

>Religion was, like, evil, man!
>>
>>159631364
You have to be some sort of idiot to believe the church didnt do some dirt back in the day and I say that as a catholic.
>>
I found the voice acting incredibly good, pacing and animation could use some work but character design and overall art/backgrounds is fine. Solid effort, hopefully season 2 improves upon it.
>>
>>159631426
But it was in the name of God, you filthy heretic.
>>
>>159631453
Also, pissed off Dracula was pretty fucking hype.
>>
>>159630641
>main character is a comic book superhero quip factory
Goddammit, I hate it when movies and shows do this shit. Who the fuck started this annoying quippy dialog meme?
>>
>>159631364
>"the catholic church never burned innocent women thinking they were witches!"
Look, I have nothing against religion, but you just can't deny what is very well documented. I'm not saying that the catholic church is evil, but certainly it isn't as saint as they claim to be.
>>
I don't have netflix. Is there any other way I can legally watch this?
>>
>>159627682
Made for Americans and western people who played the game.

The thematic, the direction, directorship is totally different.
>>
>>159631692
HorribleSu--
>Legally

Netflix Trial version, I guess.
>>
This isn't anime
>>
>>159631426
The idiocy here is your own, and comes from your inability to set aside the fedora goggles for a second and just talk about a story and a cartoon without making it about "arguing against religion."

>to believe the church didnt do some dirt back in the day
Yes, absolutely. But that's not the point. You don't have to be pro-Christianity to be against inserting anti-religious, anti-christian atheistic political dogma into a period story where it doesn't belong and is not relevant. That's what you're not seeing because you see the world through your fedora, and think there doesn't exist any time or place where it isn't a prime opportunity to "debate" against religion. The same flaw the writers had. It's fedora tipping nonsense, not story telling.
>>
>>159631734
Do Netflix-original shows ever release DVDs after the fact?
>>
>>159631803
i've seen a few like orange is the new black in blu ray at walmart so yeah
>>
>>159631751
But there isnt an anti christian message. A demon of all things confirms god is real and that he helps people who follows his teachings. A real priest makes holy water that fucks up demons. The main character wears a big fucking cross on his back.
>>
>>159631841
Okay, thank you.
>>
>>159631751
>"stop liking what I don't like"
This is basically you.
>>
>>159631751
>A ______ of Gresit takes control of his area's ______ and uses his power to kill a woman.
>Bent on revenge, the woman's husband now seeks to kill everyone in the town.

Replace the blanks with anything non-religious that you want, apparently you're too triggered to have it be the church so maybe changing "Bishop" to "CEO" will work?
>>
>>159631591
Probably Joss Whedon
>>
>>159627932
The pacing is uneven, sometimes way too fast, sometimes way too slow. Writing is very weak 90% of the time.
Animation is alright, and good in the fight scenes.

Nothing special, but it's a decent setup for S2.
>>
>>159631648
>Oh my god! People did evil things! This means that we can never say anything but negative or critical things about a 1,000 year old culture

So fucking retarded. I know it was a corrupt system, by and large. I know it was responsible for fucked up shit. You know what? So is our own atheistic society. But nooooooo. Everyone's been brainwashed with a keyhole sized, two dimensional view of christianity, and now we have to hear "but god isn't real" arguments for the rest of fucking eternity whenever anyone tries to write a period piece in christian culture. Thanks for enlightening us, atheism!

I understand atheism. I accepted and got over that when I was a teenager, and you know what? It doesn't offend me that other people haven't let go of that yet. I understand them, and why they wouldn't want to. I bet christain families today generally have happier and healthier children than non-religous families.
>>
>>159632014
Nigger a demon literally says god is real.
>>
>>159627682
You're supposed to not watch it at all dumbfuck.
>>
I watched this with subs due to going directly to the 'subbed' section by instinct.

The subs are fucking hilarious, everything is subbed, including sound effects.
>>
>>159632014
see >>159631846
and I'm not atheist btw, I still believe in God, but not through the catholic or any other church.
>>
>>159632075
>slurping continues
>>
>>159631846
>A demon of all things confirms god is real

Which came across as strange because the dialogue up to that point heavily implied that god was non-existent. Just another hole in the writing brought about by fedora tippers.

>The main character wears a big fucking cross on his back.
THEN I GUESS HE'S GOT TO BE EVIL, HUH? YOU KNOW? BECAUSE RELIGION IS STUPID AND THE 17TH CENTURY WITCHBURNINGS AND STUFF, RIGHT?

Seriously though, that carried over imagery from the source material doesn't matter at all, here. Because his character and motivations are tied to religion and the church in absolutely no way whatsoever, and I guarantee you the writers could not bring themselves to cast Christianity in any positive light whatsoever by having it associated with any of the MC's compassion or heroism.
>>
>this butthurt christfag
>>
>>159627932
>not one soundtrack from the game
also >>>/co/
>>
File: 42980780.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
42980780.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>159632110
>I don't believe in the Church but I believe in God, man. All religions believe in the same thing at heart, you know?

God how fucking original and ingenious of you. I've totally never heard that shit before. Sending positive energy your way. Namaste!
>>
File: PyQh0lkj.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
PyQh0lkj.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
dub or sub?
>>
File: 1458266912837.gif (622KB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1458266912837.gif
622KB, 325x203px
>>159632219
>Being so in full defense mode because of an anonymous commentary
You've got to chill, son.
>>
>>159632219
You must be some special sort of retarded. Either that or you are just incredibly lazy at fishing for yous. Did you even watch the show? Belmont doesnt like the church because he got run out by shitters who were afraid of their power. Thats not made up by the show, thats always been the backstory to 3. Belmont is a holy warrior who fights with blessed shit. A priest saves the day in the fourth episode by making a shitload of holy water that the townsfolk could dip their weapons in.
>>
>>159632219
>Which came across as strange because the dialogue up to that point heavily implied that god was non-existent

What the fuck, have you ever played a single Castlevania game? God exists in the canon, he's just passive and un-involved.
>>
>>159632340
Dub.

Despite having some pretty talented seiyus, Japanese does what it does best and sucks any charm out of the deliveries.
>>
File: sip.png (525KB, 382x587px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
525KB, 382x587px
>>159632014
It's nostalgic to watch a Christfag sperg the fuck out.
>>
>>159632294
>Being against fedoras forcing atheist bullshit into a period fantasy story
>GOD GUYS I'VE GUESS WE'VE GOT A CHRISTIAN ON OUR HANDS HUH LOL GOD ISN'T REAL WAKE UP SHEEPLE

I'm not religious whatsoever
>>
>>159632487
Not any of them, but to be fair in my experience throughout life the people who get triggered like this are usually the ones who worship Yahweh, be it Christian, Hebrew, Muslim, etc.
>>
>>159632487
>ignoring people constantly pointing out that there isnt any atheist message at all and in fact god is proven to exist and several characters display holy powers
>not being a triggered christfag
>>
>>159632558
Yeah, I've never seen a non Christfag pull these levels of autism over the church.
>>
File: christ.jpg (129KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
christ.jpg
129KB, 1920x1200px
I haven't seen this cartoon or whatever but Castlevania is pretty pro-Christian. Two of the fucking weapons is a bible and a cross.
>>
These people are going to look pretty fucking dumb when Trevor starts out by praying at the altar the moment season 2 starts.
>>
>>159632583
>Non-Christ
Only Christianity worships Christ, I'm talking about every Yahweh religion. If you want me to go get my fedora for saying this I will, but FUCK Yahweh, seriously.
>>
>>159632607
He already looks dumb.
>>
People still calling it a dub after
>>159627730
>>
>>159632439
>muh source material

It doesn't matter. This isn't /v/. This is about the animation exclusively.
>>
>>159632330
God wants us to be and do good, you don't need someone else to repeat those words every weekend unless you want to. Nothing wrong with that, but I personally don't find the idea of following a church that even to this day still has priests that rape innocent children and get away with it as something appealing. Sure you can say that they don't represent the whole church but when the cases are increasing evey year that means the church is doing a poor job to eliminate this problem.
>>
>>159632630
I'm wondering why you're so obsessed with fedoras in the context of religion.
Anyway, I'm a bit charmed because this behavior reminds me of my youth, but there's also no point in ogling a brick wall, so whatever.
>>
/a/ - Should I watch Cartoons dubbed in Japanese?????
>>
>>159632607
Nobody is saying the church is evil, they're saying that individuals with power in the church are evil and are using the church for their misdoings. We all saw the priest in episode 4 make Holy Water for Trevor, we know not all religious people are evil. This was never about the church specifically being evil, it's about those with power abusing that power... it's just manifested through the church in this story.

>>159632666
You're retarded
>>
>>159632666
In the animation god is confirmed to exist, the main character uses a consecrated whip that makes demons explode and holy water blessed by a properly ordained priest burns the shit out of demons.
>>
>>159632666
You mean the animation that shouldn't even be on this board? This is fucking >>>/co/, not /a/.
>>
>>159632576
>there isnt any atheist message at all

This is the writer of Castlevania. This is the first google image return for the writer's name. How can you people be so dense.
>>
>>159632698
>Everyone against me is the same person

That's the first time I've brought up fedoras in this entire thread and it's because people on both sides were doing it. fuck off.
>>
>>159632779
How can there be an atheist message when the main character uses blessed weapons that burst demons and god is explicitly said to exist and help people?
>>
>>159632785
If that was your first time responding in that conversation, what did your comment have to do with anything I said? Were you just blogging about hating YHWH? What was its purpose? The post was so otherwise abstract that I had no reason to assume it was an entirely different person interjecting randomly with their fedora-fueled hatred of the Abrahamic God.
>>
>>159632779
Trevor is basically god's chosen warrior in all of this, I'm sure Ellis is going to reinforce it somehow in S2.

Jihadis aside, religious warriors are pretty fucking cool and Ellis is a manchild at heart, he'll be sucked into this regardless of his fedora.
>>
>>159630799
its so fucking boring and played out... its basically a low hanging dead horse.

>science
>catholic church
>witch burning

its like a checklist for the enlightened gentleman.

And no those cliches are not even historically accurate.
>>
>>159632979
>not even historically accurate
>witch burning
Explain
>>
>>159632900
>First time responding in that conversation
R E A D I N G
C O M P R E H E N S I O N
>>
>>159633090
Muh fedoras was used in the opposing comment preceding yours, so I don't know where else you would have responded, but whatever.
>>
>>159631591
80's movies ya turd
>>
>all of the soccer moms outraged at this show
Jesus.
>>
>>159630617
what is with this fucking meme. First botw now this
>>
>>159633256
Mexicans like anime I guess.
>>
>>159627682
holy shit i havent seen this much autism in a thread for a while

watch it in english, its pretty good.
>>
>>159632946
>I don't really believe in religion but I know that I want to do good and help other people

This is coming. Just you wait. They're not going to make god/Christianity look good. They can't. Just look at this guy
>>159632779
>>
>>159633086
most witch burnings happened without church interference, in fact most accused witches that got a trial were found innocent.

Believing in witches and evil magic is more of a primitive tribal thing and the church by en large opposed it.
>>
>>159633332
>its pretty good.

Atheism vs religion bullshit aside, no it was not. Eat a rock
>>
>>159633338
Tell that to the demon that ruptured thanks to gods power.
>>
>>159633188
If you had the brain of an 8 year old you would be able to tell that bringing up fedoras was a sarcastic remark AGAINST the notion that hating religion must mean that one wears a fedora. You're so fucking blind to any opinion besides your own that it hurts. You might actually need therapy, you're so much in denial that you refuse to even read what people are saying.
>>
>>159627730
As he said, watch it in english.
>>159629187
>>159630464
Fuck off /v/
>>
>>159633361
>opposes believing in witches
>holds witch trials
thinking emoji
>>
>>159633405
Surely there is a less cringe induincy, *eddity way to convey that thought?

But no, you're wrong. A vaguely religious combat mechanic does not make up for the completely ambiguous if not entirely negative role of Christianity in this story. Every christian figure is represented as vicious, corrupt, evil, or cowardly, every reference to Christianity has some explicit or implied footnote "but god isn't really real," and there's just no need for that in a "holy warrior vs vampire" story. It's needlessly inserting political bullshit into the story. It's fedora tipping
>>
>>159631123
What exactly is bad in that scene, the dialogue or animation? Because the creature is speaking the truth. The fanatic priest fucked up by falsely accusing Lisa of being a witch and burning her so it makes sense that God abandoned him.
>>
>>159627682
There is an English version? Downloading
>>
>>159632666
>666
My sides are killing me.
>>
File: 1425153284857.jpg (88KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
1425153284857.jpg
88KB, 800x877px
>>159633423
A tippity tip tip to you too faggot. Go back to ^eddit
>>
>>159633551
not the belief itself of course but the witch-panic with mass-executions we still see in primitive cultures to this day.

Say what you want about the catholic church but they werent the driving force behind those.

Usually it was local authority that lead those massacres, in fact I happen to live in a city which used to have a major that got famous for witch-trials, we got a museum in the old town-hall dedicated to that.
>>
>>159633637
>Every christian figure is represented as vicious, corrupt, evil, or cowardly
Belmont is a christian, so is the priest that makes the holy water
>every reference to Christianity has some explicit or implied footnote "but god isn't really real,"
God is explicitly real. It is directly said god is real. It is not implied by anyone at any point in the story that god is not real. Even a demon says god is real and it doesnt even try to shit on god or anything.
>>
>>159633423
Being as angry as you are makes it difficult to think clearly or convey yourself well. The progression was actually pretty easy.
Because your interjection had so little to do with what I said, I assumed you were still the person I'd just been talking to; otherwise your "fuck Yahweh" blogging made even less sense. So while I recognized that particular fedora comment as tongue-in-cheek, it was chalked up as just another tally for the person over using it in this context of religious rage.
You did lose me by claiming that was your first remark containing "fedora", but not your first post in that specific conversation, which had also been rife with "fedora". Not sure where else to go from there.
>>
>>159627682
There is any way to watch it with german dub?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLA6UEGNBQ0
>>
>>159633652
Animation is not great, but it's not horrible. Obviously it's the dialogue. It's awkward and cringey. I can just see a fat neckbeard in a fedora scripting that shit on his crapple goybox while he alt-tabs between the latest version of microshaft word and *eddit
>>
>>159633637
It's not putting Christianity in a negative role, it's anti-church if anything.
>>
>>159633361
>>159633551
Bible itself talks about sorcerers and shit; magic being real is not an uncommon belief in this/these religion(s), it's just that magic is from the devil and is therefore evil. The only miracles allowed are the miracles from God.
Hell, the Bible even talks about other "gods" existing--Yahweh is just supposed to supersede and claim all glory.
>>
>>159630789
Pretty much this, it closes the bishops arch short and sweet. The demons spell it out. He fucked up, BAD! God doesnt want him, he makes god sick. He killed a woman while tripping out on power and pride, ignoring anything else in his drive for power and authority. He wants to kill others who threaten to expose his mistakes and threaten his power. IN order to mentally cope with his sins he has to do some mental gymnastics to tell himself it was necessary and that he's a good person. God punishes him for it by dissolving any protection he had while on holy grounds. Its not really fedora tipper tipper to me, people just suck at actually reading into shit.

I like it. Its gory without being a Saw remake. Its adult without it being raunchy or taking over the scene. There's plenty of throwbacks to the games without it being cringy, while still adding some good new content. I like the animation, especially during the action sequences. The comedic timing is superb. The writing is awesome, which is almost unheard of for netflix originals (let alone an anime it shit out), Warren does a great job pulling this out of basically nothing. Some of the shots defiantly show his comic background, are well done and add great cinematic effect. The writing is simple enough to follow along but intense and deep enough to create 'the bigger picture'. I just wish there was more episodes to the season, but they ended this one at a good spot. Hopefully later seasons will be longer.
>>
>>159633795
>but in the last 5 minutes of the last episode, Trevor uses holywater and a demon implies that god is an extant entity (after ripping on the christian moral structure for 5 minutes) so that makes up for 60 minutes of previously contradictory fedora tipping beforehand

Why are ledditors so retarded? What is wrong with that website?
>>
>>159627682
In this case I'd say english since Japanese VAs in this case are way too expressive. Sounds weird desu.
>>
>>159629612
honestly for a lot of series this isnt even true. Its just the fact that you can tell bad voice acting apart from good VA because its your native language. Doesnt help that the main dub companies like funi use the same people for a lot of roles and most of them suck.
>>
>>159633931
>Pretty much this, it closes the bishops arch short and sweet. The demons spell it out. He fucked up, BAD! God doesnt want him, he makes god sick. He killed a woman while tripping out on power and pride, ignoring anything else in his drive for power and authority. He wants to kill others who threaten to expose his mistakes and threaten his power. IN order to mentally cope with his sins he has to do some mental gymnastics to tell himself it was necessary and that he's a good person.

They wrote that through their teeth because they HAD to for the period piece. If they'd had free reign the episode would have ended with Trevor and Dracula wiping their asses with bibles and discussing how retarded everyone is for believing in an "imaginary spaghetti monster in the sky lol."

The writers wear fedoras and post on plebbit. This is almost a 100% certainty. Nobody else would have written the show in the way they did. I guarantee you that rebbit is behind this
>>
>>159633938
>a demon implies that god is an extant entity (after ripping on the christian moral structure for 5 minutes)
The demon doesnt imply shit all he directly says god is real. He also says is that gods love isnt conditional, in what way does that contradict anything? And I must have missed the mass that said dressing up thieves as priests to rough up charity workers was part of christian morals.
>>
>>159634079
>They wrote that through their teeth because they HAD to for the period piece
t. Mr I-talk-out-of-my-ass
>>
>>159633876
How groundbreakingly inclusive of them
>>
File: fuck yeah tiger.jpg (338KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah tiger.jpg
338KB, 1280x720px
>I'm Trevor fucking Belmont, could you leave alone my testicles?
mfw
>>
>>159634079
So what you are saying is that you are getting butthurt over something that didnt actually happen? Well thats a rational approach to take to life. Ooh I am so mad, these guys didnt actually say anything bad but I bet they really wanted to.
>>
>>159631187
Not every priest was. There was one near the end who made holy water, Trevor was surprised by this. Not every priest in that town was evil, unfortunately people who are looking to do evil find in where they can. Even in the church. Those 'thugs' would have been evil with or without priesthood, it was just a convenient way to exert power and authority. And they were punished for it.

The 'good' priests obviously didn't behave the same way those people did, and probably distanced themselves as far as they could without raising any red flags for 'rocking the boat'. This was pointed out as a huge theme for this season. People watching evil happen and doing nothing.
>>
>>159627932
>>159627761
He's just one of those snowflake autists that has to say everything is shit when lots of people like it. Ignore him and watch it yourself to make your own decision.
>>
File: 1393207371194.png (195KB, 525x598px) Image search: [Google]
1393207371194.png
195KB, 525x598px
>>159634079
No kidding.
>>
>>159634100
>he directly says god is real
No he does not. He IMPLIES that god is something that actually exists, which is new information in the series because the writers couldn't bear to have any non-villainous character before that point acknowledge a belief in god, while directly arguing that god's love is conditional.
>>
>>159631187
The corrupt priest archetype is all over the Bible itself for christ's sake. Remember the pharisees from the NT? And the Israelites in the OT were constantly cocking things up and incurring the wrath of YHWH.
>>
File: 1496140820724.png (314KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1496140820724.png
314KB, 500x700px
It's pretty good. I hope we get to see more Castlevania stories after they finish this one.
>>
>>159630703
>written by Warren Ellis
>directed by Sam Deats
>produced by Adi Shankar
>Frederator Studios and Powerhouse Animation Studios
>characters were animated specifically to fit the english VA
>this is somehow an anime
>I will now watch this in glorious nippon language which I don't speak
You really are hopelessly retarded aren't you?
>>
>>159634480
Won't happen.
>>
to all you faggot weebs: even if nips created a series, if it is of European/American influence, style, culture, etc, you fucking watch it in English:

Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
Castelvania
AoT
Planetes
etc.

If you watched any of these in Japanese you need to kill yourself asap.
Nips are prostrating to western culture and you want to watch in Japanese, fucking lol
>>
>>159634194
>There was one near the end who made holy water, Trevor was surprised by this
IKR?? BECAUSE PRIESTS ARE ALL EVIL AND STUPID AND CORRUPT THUGS AND THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER ISN'T REAL LOL WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Stop going to far out of your way to find excuses and apologize for this shoddy writing. It's simply not done well. Either have the church and religion be complete shit in your show, or don't. They try and have it both ways, and its sloppy.
>>
>>159630641

Sheesh, just admit you don't like it. No need to spread your falsehoods you miserable pile of secrets.
>>
>tfw the fedora haters have become the real fedora tippers
We've come full circle boys.
>>
>>159632439
Pretty much this. Even 'irl' God helps those who help themselves and all that. He's super passive in the games and is never a big plot point beyond some blessed stuff and ideological shit. They do this same thing in the show. A bishop goes nuts with power and does evil shit in the name of god, so god takes his toys (the protection of the church) away. God turns his back on him. The demons spell this out clearly. Which is why they say they love him. His evil in turn led them to be able to exist and do evil.

Also something to consider is God may also be punishing the townsfolk for allowing evil in their mist and doing nothing, they brought it upon themselves. But then it also shows that god helps those who help themselves as once they kill the 'evil' priests and try to defend themselves it starts going well for them.
>>
>>159634480
>create character
>proceed to remove all emotion, creating a boring, empty shell

Fuck you too.
>>
>>159634549
CB dub was really, really good. Although everybody here probably already knows that.

>Berserk
>Watch
Berserk is a manga. There is no Berserk animation and so no Berserk dub.
>>
>>159634545
And why do you assume that? Season 2 has already been announced. If it does well, I see no reason for them not to make more.
>>
>>159627682
Anything you watch should be seen in its original form. It's the only way of getting exactly what was intended. If this was created using English voice actors you obviously watch it in English.
>>
File: 1497099674419.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1497099674419.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>159634633
But it leads to a good ending.
>>
>>159634676
Berserk anime was great imo. the manga is good but it's so long I have to pirate instead of get physical copies, which I hate.

Berserk is a European story, so English is ideal imo.

Even better would be a French dub, since it's based more on mainland Europe
>>
I didn't even know it was in English. I just saw it the other day on Horriblesubs the first 4 eps so I watched it in Nip. It was pretty good despite the subs showing different sounds for some reason.
>>
>>159634704
>>see more Castlevania stories
>And why do you assume that?
Not him, but I dont know if you were paying any attention to kojima, but Konami has been in full "fuck everyone, especially you" after their last major title release of metal gear solid V. They even went so far as to turn one of their beloved games (MGS3) into a pachinko machine, and blackballing any developer that worked for Konami from the game dev industry (even going so far as abusing their insurance industry to fuck them over twice as hard, to the point of being blatantly illegal.)

Id bet hard money that this licensing deal was made well before MGSV and the clusterfuck afterwards, cause there is no major title in the works at konami, and they have been constant dicks about everything they can be dicks about.
>>
>>159634079
I didn't really get that vibe. They only punished the 'evil' priests and the people who let evil just happen. The writing on that is pretty natural and has actually been done a few times over in other shows/movies without the context of God.

You are assuming other peoples intentions based off of shallow stereotypes.

And from what I see it is actually the reaction most non-fedora atheists have towards Christianity. Which is they hate that evil people can easily take power and mask their intentions with 'lol god wills it'. But otherwise couldn't care one way or the other about honestly 'good' Christians and treat them like everyone else.
>>
>American anime
>is better than every anime airing currently
Pottery
>>
>>159634445
You're projecting clearly modern caricatures onto a historical document. "The church is evil" stuff as we know it didn't really start until 1990, while those bible stories are millennia old. For example, when Carlin started ripping on Christianity in his bits, it was initially taken negatively by general society. You don't really understand what you're talking about because you're like 20.
>>
>Christian-kun is ultra-triggered: the thread
I bet he is catholic too, and views the church (organization) and the religion/priests as one.

PROTIP: The series considered those as separate entities
>>
>>159634999
Anime must really be taking a shit then, because this was pretty disappointing overall. Solid story, art, and setting. But weak characters, writing, animation, and direction. Especially the animation was weak. Except for the cyclops scene the animation looked like cartoon network.
>>
>>159634704
Same reason most animes only get a single cour.
>>
>>159635192
>Anon doesnt google: the post
>>
File: 1491900193906.jpg (76KB, 288x402px) Image search: [Google]
1491900193906.jpg
76KB, 288x402px
>>159634969
>"non fedora atheist"
>reddit spacing
>>
>>159634999
I liked Castlevania, but I'd take Bahamut S2 over it every day of the week.
>>
>>159634999

Goddam is that Julius Belmont
>>
>>159635295
>reddit spacing
This meme is stupid, stale and you should feel bad for using it.
>>
>>159634563

Its not sloppy you fucking dolt. There is good and bad in everything, nothing is wholly one or the other. That makes GOOD and complex writing. I'm sorry you cannot follow anything but of the most basic of plots that spell everything out for you.

There are clearly good people, good priests in the show. There are clearly bad people, doing awful shit. They all have human qualities, conflictions and fears whatever their motivations are. Which is fucking good writing.

You made up your mind before even watching the show and thats evident in everything you say. You lack a basic understanding of writing and plot structure and thats obvious in what you are trying to argue.
>>
>>159635285
>12 episodes total
I'm yet to stand corrected.
>>
>>159634969
>they hate that evil people can easily take power and mask their intentions

So, they hate every society and civilization that has ever existed? You "non fedora atheists" understand that that there is more poverty and slavery in the world today than ever before in human history? Hm, what do these "ideologically compassionate" atheists plan to do about that? Let all 5 billion of them into Europe at the middle class' expense, I suppose is the proposed solution. Hail "science!"
>>
>>159635295

>Can't attack the argument
>Better go after grammar
>that'll show them how wrong they are
>>
>>159635466
>in the end, we're all slaves to our families wishes
I bet that line stings for the Japanese audience.
>>
File: 1497941364865.jpg (374KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1497941364865.jpg
374KB, 2048x1536px
>>159635354
>This meme is stupid
>>
>>159635628
At least the dog is cute.
>>
>>159635466
You are confusing one ideology for another and confusing neo-liberalism (political) for atheism (spiritual). You are using reductionist arguments based off of your faulty and confused misunderstandings of these ideologies.

And what the fuck does the migrant crisis have to do with a fucking anime, how its written, and how well its animated. Jesus tittyfucking Christ you are transparent.
>>
>>159635389
Dracula was given ambiguity as a character. You can't say the same about the priests (unless you're full of shit) or the church as themes. There SHOULD have been some ambiguity there, as well. It's just very clear that the writers had personal political biases which influenced the show. They tried to kind of salvage that at the end, but it came across flimsily and inconsistent. That's what you call "sloppy writing."

>You made up your mind before even watching the show
>projecting
I was honestly hyped for this. I was told it was really fucking great, and it just wasn't. It's not vampire hunter d and this was a clear reminder that anime is never going to be that good again.
>>
>>159635761
You must have never seen a cute dog in your life.
>>
>>159636041
It's just having a miserable time. How do you think you'd look, being the only rational existance in that miasma of ass?
>>
File: 1493337048867.jpg (99KB, 680x691px) Image search: [Google]
1493337048867.jpg
99KB, 680x691px
>>159634563
>Either have the church and religion be complete shit in your show, or don't
>>
>>159635839
>muh arbitrary classifications
>look at how much irrelevant fancy-sounding crap I know everybody
>muh migrants

lol speaking of bullshit that has nothing to do with anime...
>>
I agree that Trevor's dialogue was lame (why make him a one-liner arrogant alcoholic? no reason), but I think they did pretty well for only having 80 minutes for a whole season.

Still think the entire series dropped off after the 10 minute Dracula arc from the intro.
>>
File: 1417743265352.jpg (5KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
1417743265352.jpg
5KB, 250x174px
>>159636101
>>Either have the church and religion be complete shit in your show, or don't
>>
>>159633086
>CHRISTIANS NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG ITS THOSE DIRTY JEWISH MUSLIMS DEUS VULT DEUS VULTDEUS VULTDEUS VULT
In all seriousness, tjreads like this prove that /pol/ has all of 4chan by the balls.
>>
>>159636118
>why make him a one-liner arrogant alcoholic?
Rebbit are a bunch of tasteless, plebeian subhumans is why.
>>
>>159630641
>>writers went full fedora tipper about the Church/god/religion/science etc
The second you mentioned fedora and Church you summoned the shitstorm

The biggest issue here is Trevor is a piece of shit, while the game Trevor is a holy man
>>
File: 1498935274942.jpg (6KB, 177x176px) Image search: [Google]
1498935274942.jpg
6KB, 177x176px
>>159632607
>Second season starts where the game starts
I can't wait
>>
>>159636223
>MSM
ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE LOL GOD ISN'T REAL LOL WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH IS THE DEVIL CHRIST HATES GAYS
/pol/ has been pushed to radicalism by a primitive, bigoted, and intolerant culture that rejects its need to express its diverse beliefs and way of living

Seriously though, we're all fucked. The rich get richer.
>>
I watched it in English and thought the voice work was very good.
>>
File: 1499634519171.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499634519171.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>159634999
I'd like a word with you
>>
>>159636337
>The biggest issue here is Trevor is a piece of shit, while the game Trevor is a holy man

If I'd known that I could have btfo'd the tipper defense squad ITT the whole time. God damn it
>>
>>159634195
just finished watching
animation is wonky at places. sometimes it's great. sometimes there's a lack of emotion on the character's faces and it makes me feel like i'm watching an adult swim show.
the writing is pretty good. has a nice pacing to it. Trevor was a little too quippy though.
english voice acting was shitty for Trevor. I barely could understand what the fuck he was saying. almost switched to japanese with subs.
overall it was pretty good for a western animated show. even though it's only 4 episodes it doesn't feel short because it has good pacing. only had issues with the animation.
>>
I'm not sure how a story wherein the most obviously "good" people belong to a religious sect could be considered anti-religion. The Speakers, while not Christian, are an excellent display of how adhering to a system of belief can make you a more compassionate human being. They're the force that draws the inner hero back out of Trevor. What the series does shit on is people whose idea of faith is one that prioritizes condemnation over compassion. I'm not saying it's a work of art by any means, but in terms of the portrayal of the virtues and vices of faith, I thought Castlevania did a great job. It was well-balanced.

For those who want to try and move goalposts and start saying it's "anti-Christian" - please recall the Holy Water scene, or the fact that the weapon that empowers the protagonist to make evil literally explode is "consecrated" - a term with religious connotations - to defeat demons. The Christian God is very real in Castlevania and His powers are very necessary for the heroes to triumph over darkness. It's very silly to assume that because the typical Evil Authority Figure happens to be religious that the story is meant to be anti-religious when there's plenty evidence to the contrary in the narrative.
>>
>>159636549
>a little
This makes me mistrust everything else you say.
>>
>>159636543
Trevor's just jaded over his family being excommunicated and everyone generally shitting on him and his family, though.
>>
>>159627682
>>>/co/
>>
>>159636552
>please recall the Holy Water scene
Oh my fucking god
>>
>>159634549
So, if things in anime happening in some alien world full of aliens we should watch it in ayy lmao language? Sounds logical.
>>
>>159636721
don't feed it
>>
>>159636552
In my opinion the writers are pretty clearly coming from a typical western atheistic bent, but it's not as bad or apparent as some people ITT are saying. Season 2 will really be where the judgment can be made, though. There's going to be no way for them to avoid Trevor's canonical religious convictions as has been done so far.
>>
File: 1499010258023.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499010258023.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>159636253
for real, it became more obvious as the series went on. Coming from a family like the Belmonts he should have been more righteous and self-disciplined. Would have made more sense to have his arc as such:

describe his past as Lawful Good
excommunication and exile make him Chaotic Good/Lawful Neutral (where we meet him)
Finish with him going full Chaotic Good as he fights to his limits

Instead they opted for Comedic-Chaotic-Asshole-Good

The writers original plan was to literally have Bebop characters in Berserk setting. They tried to make Trevor like Spike which is retarded because spike is subconsciously good but baptized and trained in chaotic neutral/evil. He has a reason to be comedic. Trevor is supposed to be a noble, yet he is the least articulate character in the series. Pathetic
>>
>>159636109
They are not arbitrary and mean completely different things. They intersect at points depending on an individuals political and religious leanings but are not the same thing. The person was arguing that they were one in the same, and had a lot of meaning. So much so that it shaped the feel of the entire show. The went on to talk about issues in Europe. I was pointing out that it simply isn't the same, and they were implying a lot by cherry picking what they could and ignoring the rest.

Trying to discredit me because I write coherently and directly. Classic.
I guess I talk like a fag and my shits all retarded.

Trying to discredit me by assuming I'm this awful and annoying thing (a redditor) in the hopes of swaying other peoples views about what I said.

>Let all 5 billion of them into Europe at the middle class' expense, I suppose is the proposed solution. Hail "science!"

I didn't bring up the migrants, I was asking what the hell they had to do with this discussion.

The show is good so far, you're butthurt and don't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>159636649
see >>159636889
>>
>>159627730

>>159634073
Oh hey it's this retarded reasoning again
>y-you can't tell if it's bad in japanese!

Yes you fucking can retard.
>>
>>159636383
Actually it doesn't. Trevor picked up Sypha and Alucard on his way to Dracula's castle.
>>
>>159627682
Just don't watch it, it's bad.
People only praise it because Netflix and good visuals.
>>
>>159636957
You can, but you need experience for it because, unless it's someone straight from the school or some non-VA people, they still far better at voicing than their western counterparts. Even if it's "not even trying" vs "trying very hard" (which they usually don't.)
>>
>>159636901
>The show is good
This is why you're wrong and everything you say is pretentious garbage. Come back when you're philosophy degree has you scrubbing toilets for a living in 5 years. 4chan is a pious, Christian website
>>
>>159637255
for 4 episodes it's not a waste of time. get a quick fix of Euro-medieval fantasy and gore, Dracula bits are well done.

6.5/10 won't watch again but don't regret it at all.
>>
how come visually this looks better than any anime I've seen?
>>
>>159631648
Just to bring something up. The catholic church kind of denied that people could be witches or magic existed for pretty much most of it's entire history.

It was mostly random villagers that did things like that and the numbers tend to be grossly exaggerated into the millions for political points today. What I'm saying is most people don't know shit about what they are talking about on this subject and you shouldn't listen to random retards on the internet screaming about how half of Europe was born in the middle age 1700s or some shit.

>>159637304
The main reason I love having a fluent jap speaker around when I watch my anime and watching them burst out laughing at how bad some of the voice acting can be. The fact there is people on the internet who would defend shitty voice acting just because it's jap and so more monotone then their normal language is amazing.
>>
File: piss.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
piss.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Every discussion about this series always turns into a religious shitfest. Why can't why just discuss best girl instead?
>>
>>159638100
4 episodes and a budget
>>
What do you guys think the chances are that we're going to hear the phrase "flying spaghetti monster" in season two? I'd put them between "certain and inevitable" myself
>>
>>159638362
And the animation still looks like garbage.

>inb4 cyclops gif
Literally the only redeeming scene. The rest looked like the Boondocks. I kept expecting to see uncle ruckus jump on screen
>>
>>159627682
Watch it in English

Also, /a/ shit taste etc etc
>>
File: christcucks btfo.jpg (350KB, 1342x2252px) Image search: [Google]
christcucks btfo.jpg
350KB, 1342x2252px
>>159638531
Every fight looked top tier
>>
>>159638204
>then their
Really just inexcusable. I hope you're 13 and/or a non-native speaker
>>
>>159638531
>And the animation still looks like garbage
cmon now, it looked good, great in some scenes.
>>
>>159637963
>the show is good
so far
>philosophy degree

There you go cherry picking again, there you go assuming shit AGAIN.

I get that things being good and bad taste wise are completely subjective, but everything you are basing your OBJECTIVE argument for why it is bad is fucking wrong, fallacious and a disgusting show of your own political and religious biases. There was not a single thing you have said that wasn't a spiral into your own personal bullshit, and not a single rebuttal that wasn't you lashing out at anything you could reach no matter how nonsensical it was.

The show does more things right than it does wrong. Writing, animation, sound design, character design, its all pretty solid save for the couple of relatively minor annoyances people have pointed out in this thread. Like Trevor being quippy for a character that should be rather stoic. For a video game adaptation it is good, comparatively good. Anything beyond that is arguing taste.

The whole basis of your argument is that the writing is bad because of how they depicted the church. Anytime another point is brought up it always circles back to that with you. And you are right. The bishop was made to be a villain and most of the priests thugs and they burned people at the stake. HOWEVER that was the fucking point. They wanted to show what happens when people like that gain power over a force that should be used for good in this setting. This type of story has been told thousands of times.

And for someone who hates atheists shitting all over Christianity or the depiction of Christianity as anything but good, why are you getting upset over evil people using Christianity as a shield getting BTFO'd while 'good' Christians triumph over forces of evil.
>>
>>159630168
Damn straight
>>
>>159638306
It's just tryhard elitism at its finest. They're trying so hard to pretend like they're oldfags who'd been playing the games before everyone else was even born, yet they don't realize that the games were playing with the same "church is evil" ideas.
>>
File: 1460694306010.jpg (1MB, 1526x1569px)
1460694306010.jpg
1MB, 1526x1569px
>>159636223
>>159636405
/co/ begone!
I banish you back to the dark pits of tumblr, and take your political/religious arguments with you!
You don't belong on this board or this site!
/co/ begone!
Damned to watch "glorious western anime" for all eternity!
>>
>>159639355
t. someone who hasn't played the original games

see
>>159636337
>>
>>159639518
Which game do you want me to spoonfeed you on?
>>
>>159638942
>everything you are basing your OBJECTIVE argument for why it is bad is fucking wrong, fallacious and a disgusting show of your own political and religious biases. There was not a single thing you have said that wasn't a spiral into your own personal bullshit, and not a single rebuttal that wasn't you lashing out at anything you could reach no matter how nonsensical it was.
Relax buddy. It's not worth getting this worked up over.

>The show does more things right than it does wrong. Writing, animation, sound design, character design, its all pretty solid save for the couple of relatively minor annoyances
Wrong. Animation is sub par. Writing and dialogue is not great, and turning Trevor into an obnoxious, juvenile, self-insert one-liner factory superhero drunkard trivializes his later character development in a major way. They tried, there, and missed. It could have been good, but it isn't. And so aside from Trevor, there are so far no characters with a compelling story behind them. Maybe Allucard will save it later, but I doubt it. It's watchable because it comes from neat source material, but in most ways that the studios were forced to improvise, the result is noticeably lackluster and disappointing.

>The whole basis of your argument is that the writing is bad because of how they depicted the church. Anytime another point is brought up it always circles back to that with you. And you are right. The bishop was made to be a villain and most of the priests thugs and they burned people at the stake. HOWEVER that was the fucking point. They wanted to show what happens when people like that gain power over a force that should be used for good in this setting. This type of story has been told thousands of times.
How many times have you browsed rebbit today you fedora tipping newshit? Be honest. just goofing around, relax. I think they over did it, and suspect that they have deviated from the tone of the source material in that regard
>>
>>159632014
Jesus, you're deluded beyond saving. Happy waste of life to you.
>>
>>159633810
Netflix. Use the 30days test period and they'll remind you via email when you have to cancel your subscription so that it costs you nothing at all.
>>
File: 1419058798337.png (130KB, 285x263px) Image search: [Google]
1419058798337.png
130KB, 285x263px
>>159638945
>/a/ 2017 anno domini
>having shit taste
>>
>>159631102
The people of Wallachia banished the Belmonts, not the church, and Barlowe was merely employed by the church in OoE and actively betrayed everyone by bringing back Dracula when his job was to find new ways to defeat and banish Dracula.
>>
>>159634999
Currently airing Made in Abyss, Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu, that lesbo gambling one Kakegurai and hell even princess president or whatever far surpasses this.
>>
>>159639627
the ones hes in
>>
>>159640544
Only abyss is decent
The others are pandering shit
>>
>>159640559
Trevor? The Belmont family was canonically kicked out of the country by the church for witchcraft and he's the first Belmont to get to come back, and it's only so he can kill Dracula. Even after that, the Belmont family is given shit all the way until Simon's Quest. This is all canon, anon.
>>
>>159640305
Not like this season has much in the way of competition.
>>
File: Koumajou Densetsu.jpg (2MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
Koumajou Densetsu.jpg
2MB, 1280x1811px
Touhovania anime never.
>>
How convenient the plot point was that the ground suddenly started to break down so they can reach the underground to meet with Alucard.
>>
>>159634999
Hell to the fucking yeah. Anime is saved

>>159636461
Won't be airing until tomorrow.
>>
>>159627682
not anime fuck off
>>
>>159640646
Any series can "pander" to certain tastes, like this show pandering to edgy teens.
It doesn't make anything inherently bad. Go back to /co/ and complain about modern anime there you blind scum.
>>
>>159640889
god forbid
>>
>>159640646
This is pandering shit too. A bad one.
>>
>>159640822
>Banpai Akira will never do character designs for a gothic action horror anime
>>
>>159641054
Projecting much
>>
>>159640889
Yea there was alot of that kind of shit, I noticed. A little here and there is unavoidable, but it was just lazy and thoughtless if not cynical writing here.

>inb4 some fagbook newfriend flips his lid that I criticized his favorite crunchyturd streaming cartoon this week
>>
File: 7ecfad68fe1a3dd5f93d682f0a58a9e7.jpg (240KB, 982x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7ecfad68fe1a3dd5f93d682f0a58a9e7.jpg
240KB, 982x1200px
>>159641248
The art for these games is fucking amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J87dcYxrKwI
>>
>>159641416
Just because you preemptively call people buzzwords doesn't mean you're protected from being called an autist.
>>
File: 1421022037827.jpg (89KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
1421022037827.jpg
89KB, 651x720px
>>159631102
Excellent and objective argument my fine gentlesir
>>
>>159641471
If you like fagbook so much more than /a/utism, why don't you go post there, newfriend?
>>
>>159627682
I'm tempted to watch in Japanese just to get rid of cockney peasants.
>>
Why is this still here?
>>>/co/
>>
>>159642673
cause it's NAnime.
>>
File: When he hasnt read the manga.png (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
When he hasnt read the manga.png
557KB, 1280x720px
>>159639386
Nice deflection, /pol/.
Seriously, anyone who posts on that board should be permanently banned from all other boards, it's worse than old /b/ at this point.
>>
>>159642941
gaijewnime
>>
>>159632666
hi satan.
>>
>>159643338
This is why I hate other boards.
You can't help but bring up political discussion. It's in your blood. You've been infected.
Look around /a/. People argue about fetishes, about girls, about stories and studios. Whenever there is something political brought up it's you scum that take to it like flies to to the light.
Look at other diseased boards, literally every other thread is full of political bickering. It doesn't matter what side you're on.

You're like a plague rat to this board, that's how dangerous you are. Do not discuss politics! And I know that's impossible for someone infected with the know-it-all disease such as yourself. So rather, begone!
>>
>>159643744
Other boards aren't the problem. Newfriends are the problem, really
>>
File: 3927022.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3927022.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Alright I'm interested in the series.

Which game has the best gameplay?
>>
>>159640721
It was the people too not just the church.
>>
>>159640822
Love the art loathe the music makes me want to puke.
>>
>>159638647
Why do people think this scene was pushing some sort of atheist agenda? It basically confirms that God exists but the Bishop was delusional for thinking God was still on his side.
>>
Outrage culture is fucking disgusting. You're using the fedora meme on a series where bibles and crosses and holy water are weapons used to fight the forces of satan. How fucking dense do you get.
>>
>>159644178
Most of these images and arguments are being made either by people who haven't seen the show or stupid teenagers.
>>
I don't know about the Eng dub, but I would assume being a big budget production, they would have better actors than the usual crappy ones and that they wouldn't make them cold read the script.

That said, the Japanese dub is an example of how translation should be done. The writer wrote the script with western culture in mind, and the Japanese side properly dubbed it without localizing it to Japanese culture with honorifics, changing Trevor to Belmont-kun etc.
>>
>>159644215
Or if you get your head out of your ass they are shitposting.
>>
>>159644129
>hating on the music
Bruh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsmZA9s4_g
>>
>>159643914
The people wouldn't have been able to get rid of them. First off, the Belmonts are powerful, it would be dangerous to just ask them to leave. Second, if the church wasn't also trying to get the Belmonts to leave then they could just side with the Belmonts and tell the townspeople no, and there wouldn't be anything the townspeople could do about it. No, the church was the one behind it. They probably just said the Belmonts were doing witchcraft and turned the people on them.

This isn't specifically said in the games but it's something that you can deduce fairly easily. The people couldn't expel the Belmonts without that much power at least.
>>
>>159629612
Yes and no, it's just that the original voices will always sound better/more suitable.
>>
>>159630641
>>writers went full fedora tipper about the Church/god/religion/science etc
Remember when everyone in 4chan was an atheist before /pol/ filled the fucking place?
>>
>>159643914
Yeah? The people of bumfuckville got together and excommunicated them? I wasn't aware they had that power.
>>
File: 1423203702347.jpg (110KB, 729x561px) Image search: [Google]
1423203702347.jpg
110KB, 729x561px
>>159644390
Yes
>>
>>159633837
>criticizing religion means you are a fat neckbeard
Go tip your bible elsewhere, /pol/.
>>
>>159644322
I guess you can make that argument. I personally think it was a combination of them falling out of favor because possibly the belmonts atleast in this era where more like nobels and didn't interact much with the peasants.You know how paranoid people can get. Also the church on theyr side shared the same fear but for diffrent reasons for example,they could have feared the belmont having power and de legitimising theyr claim to gods favour or the same fear from lack of communication.
>>
I want /v/ to go home.
>>
>>159632219
WEW lad. Did your exgf (assuming your not an obese christfag weeb) fuck a guy with a fedora or something? Mention fedora tipping in your reply.
>>
>>159644178
>It basically confirms that God exists
After 80 minutes of runtime. It shouldn't have even been an issue. This is medieval Europe. Of course everyone believes that god exists. The fact that it was even in question that long, that they insisted on removing the christian element from the characterization of Lisa and Trevor, went out of their way to refer to god as "your god" and not just "god," had the following lines of dialogue
Allucard >Is that what you believe?
Trevor >It's a fact. There's no "belief" about it
etc, etc, etc

The tipping wasn't as extreme as people are memeing, but they're not wrong. It was there. It was a genuine surprise that holy water worked in the last scene, and it should have long been established that god's power is a real force in this world.
>>
>>159638204
>because it's jap and so more monotone then their normal language is amazing.
Besides how obvious your bait is I can't help but wonder if you even understand the words you're using.

And I just bothered to read your entire post. goddamn you sound stupid as fuck
>>
>>159631648
the catholic church never burned innocent women thinking they were witches!"

they didn't, that was the protestants. Catholic burned heretics, which is a different matter
>>
File: 1444337109282.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1444337109282.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>159644482
Pssshh keep believing in your invisible sky wizard daddy, kid. Not need to push yourself, I got you covered already.
>>
>>159644677
>durr cuckoldry XD
>pls don't call me a fedora
>>>/pol/
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: yates-teardrop-fedora-hat.jpg (193KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
yates-teardrop-fedora-hat.jpg
193KB, 900x900px
>>159632487
Trigger warning
>>
File: 1438647282988.jpg (142KB, 719x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438647282988.jpg
142KB, 719x800px
>>159644677
>WEW lad
>lol your exgf
>or something
>weebs suck lol

It doesn't get any more normalfag than this. Why are you even here?
>>
File: 1499435568734.png (21KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1499435568734.png
21KB, 625x790px
>>159630641
STOP ENJOY THINGS I DON'T LIKE

As a ClassicCasfag, I liked it.
Nothing special, but it's not worse than 99% of the shit airing right now in my Chinese cartoons

Still this thing has no place on /a/, is korean cartoon did by Murrikans with only a japan videogame as basis. It's should be on /co/ or /v/
>>
>>159644679
the demons referred to God as "your God' because why would demons straight from Hell consider him to be their God? They are not on the same terms with him as humans.
>>
>>159644816
>Nothing special, but it's not worse than 99% of the shit airing right now in my Chinese cartoons
That's not an achievement.
>>
>>159643913
Order of Ecclesia
>>
>>159644816
>"fedora"
>entire thread devolves into a shitposting mess for 8 hours

"Full fedora tipper" is too much but it's clear that the writers are rebbit posters. Most of those complaints are on point. Why is /a/ going nuts over the old fedora meme? Is this everyone's first day posting?
>>
File: 1459875496954.jpg (28KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1459875496954.jpg
28KB, 150x150px
Why the fuck can't /a/ discuss this series?
Even fucking /v/ has a more mature and chill discussion about it
>>
>Want to talk about this adaptation
>Threads in both /a/ and /co/ devolve into the same shit
>>
>>159644679
I think he was surprised by the fact that some random priest off the street could make holy water in such little time under those circumstances.
>>
>>159644679
He wasn't surprised that holy water worked, he was surprised there was a still a priest whose faith was true and who still commanded the favour of God.

He mentions his whip kills vampires because it's consecrated, he knows the power of god is effective against the forces of darkness. You're looking for reasons to be offended.
>>
>>159644927
not anime, now get out
>>
>>159644867
Why imply that the demons (and dracula said it, too) don't believe in "their" god, only to then, later, confirm that, yes, "their" god is in fact real (in the story)? It's not about plot there, it's about social politics. "Your god" is an implicit and possibly somewhat unintentional reference to a standard atheist argument that you I used to use all the time. It's medieval Europe. It should just be "god."
>>
>>159644927
>Even fucking /v/ has a more mature and chill discussion about it
>checks thread
>first 10 posts is dick messuring and duscussing anime vs cartoon like here and /co/
You fucking liar.
>>
>>159645087
Not him, but they had a good one yesterday.
>>
>>159644679
>It was a genuine surprise that holy water worked in the last scene
It's only a surprise to people who have some prejudicial shallow view of seeing evil church in story as bashing religion.
>>
>>159643913
Classicvania: Rondo of Blood or Super Castlevania IV

Metroidvania: Varies, but Order of Ecclesia, the Sorrow games, and Symphony of the Night are frequently regarded as the best. Really, pretty much all of them are good.
>>
>>159644952
>>159645023
Still too iffy and vague, you see what I'm saying? This isn't episode 1. The world dynamics should be established by now. That's what I meant by "surprise," although yes Trevor was also surprised himself.

>He mentions his whip kills vampires because it's consecrated
Keyword here is "briefly mentions." That's not character development. If christcucking is a part of Trevor's character motives, it should be clearly established at this point, and it's not.
>>
>>159645084
They're demons. They can acknowledge his existence but not consider themselves affiliated with him. "Your God" they consider themselves separate which makes complete sense given what they are.
>>
>>159645084
You're reaching here. Holy water kills vampires, crosses and the bible are castlevania weapons, his whip is consecrated.

Evil creatures have used the term "your god" in fiction for a long time. It shows they distance themselves from him.

>>159645185
Again you're trying way too hard here. Trevor is pissy with the church for excommunicating him, but he still recognizes that their tools kill evil in the hands of a believer.
>>
>>159645185
What do you want them to do? Be bowing down and praising god every minute? Even in old Europe people's faith in God is not as concrete as you think. Going to church=/= faith.
>>
>>159645295
>Be bowing down and praising god every minute?
I don't know why you'd derive that from my posts. It's dark medieval fantasy. A snowy white, pure Church would probably be hard to work in.

>Even in old Europe people's faith in God is not as concrete as you think
Lol that's so naive, no offense. I'm sure modern society would like you to think that every other person only professed faith in god because they were forced to, but even someone with as cursory a study into history as me knows that that is really not the case. For hundreds and hundreds of years, the christian epoc was THE foundation of our society, and of every aspect of our culture. It wasn't until the 1600's that people even began to pay attention to issues that were not explicitly religious. People believed that shit. Pretty much everybody did. It was all there was. People would spend their entire lives working essentially for free to build those cathedrals. I mean, to say that atheist feelings were at all prevalent in medieval europe is absurd.
>>
>>159645593
But why should people not be surprised when things considered just superstition actually work? Jesus was said to have walked on water but if I saw someone actually do it I'd be shocked. Same goes for throwing water at giant monsters and it actually pushing them back.
>>
>>159627682
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDS
>>
>>159645267
>Trevor is pissy with the church for excommunicating him, but he still recognizes that their tools kill evil in the hands of a believer
If this is intended to be an element of his character, it was left completely and entirely implicit. All dialogue about his character motivations and development relate only to the common people who drove him out. The religious connotations of his character motives were left completely out, except for those vague and seemingly contradictory implications left by his weaponry. I doubt this an effort to be subtle on part of the writers, based on the writing quality for the rest of the series so far, and I highly doubt his relationship with Christianity is going to be given much attention throughout the rest of the show. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure your reaching for justifications for these holes in his character will be proven inaccurate, and the holes will remain holes.
>>
>>159645837
His problem is with the church, not God. There is a very large distinction between them. After being excommunicated he didn't have faith in it anymore. He thought it was corrupt. Seeing someone with honest faith like that priest surprised him.
>>
>>159645740
Because its medieval Europe, not 2017! I mean, I guess people just have zero conception of what European history was like, or what Christianity meant to people during that period. People really, genuinely believed that crosses and prayers would protect them, and had power.

...oh my gosh, guys. No offense but it's like I'm talking to a bunch of teenagers. How can you know so little about the world? I would bet all my neetbux that I'm talking to Americans, here.
>>
>>159645957
>i would bet all my neetbux that i'm talking to Americans

Gee fucking whiz, guy. Talking to Americans on an American website, whoda thunk it!??
>>
>>159645907
>His problem is with the church, not God. There is a very large distinction between them.
You're completely making that up in your head. Nowhere in the series is that covered, at all.

>After being excommunicated he didn't have faith in it anymore
Again, that is not in the series. Maybe it's in the games, I don't remember. But it's not here. Trevor's character motives here were only ever expressed at the common people for driving his family out. His being excommunicated from the church was a dialogue subject, but never a part of his character development in any way.

>Seeing someone with honest faith like that priest surprised him
The priest's faith was not honest. Or, it was shown as both honest and dishonest in different scenes. He was shown to be a corrupt and power hungry tyrant. The "surprise" was necessary in that scene to explain the apparent contradiction, there. It's not a part of any character development for anybody. It's a plothole, actually.
>>
>>159634607
>so god takes his toys (the protection of the church) away
so does that mean crosses and not being able to enter churches would work?
>>
>>159646101
>>159646101
He's referring to the no-name priest that made the holy water.
>>
File: 1499352815200.jpg (71KB, 359x391px) Image search: [Google]
1499352815200.jpg
71KB, 359x391px
>>159646101
>Doesn't even know which priest was in discussion.
You slipped up.
>>
>>159645837
He whines about being excommunicated at least once man come on. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but I'm starting to feel like you either only half payed attention or you're just baiting.
>>
so are we going to see werewolves and ghouls in this series? this honestly has me thinking about picking up the games for my DS
>>
I think the best part of the season was the sheep/goat fucking story being heard in the pub.
>>
>>159632445
The original is the English version, the Japanese version is an actual dub. Retard.
>>
>>159645957
>...oh my gosh, guys
You're either gay or a woman.
>>
Dracula did nothing wrong
>>
Are there going to be more episodes this year or is it done for now
>>
>>159627682
>not anime
/co/
>>
>>159647835
8 eps. and 2nd season comes out later this year
>>
>>159647857
I don't know what's going on. Yesterday a few threads got deleted (as they should) but today this one is still up.
>>
>>159647901
dates?
>>
>>159627682
>Dracula is VA'd by Hellsing Alucard.

And all is right in the world.
>>
>>159647938
Don't know really?

>>159647966
Crispin Freeman needs to do more anime
>>
>>159647966
I thought he was voiced by Naoya Uchida in this?
>>
What's the Churches true purpose in eliminating magic and excommunicating those who want to help?

Why is the church so selfish?
>>
File: doubles guy.png (104KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
doubles guy.png
104KB, 256x256px
>>159632652

Technically speaking, All anime is dubbed It's not like the characters really exist and can speak to the camera.

Also, check these dubs
>>
No one ever talks about my favorite part of this whole thin
>demons explode when Trevor kills them with the whip
such a nice subtle reference to the games that most people didn't pick up on
>>
>>159627682
There isn't even a language option for Japanese
>>
File: CastlevaniaCapture18.png (1MB, 1130x640px) Image search: [Google]
CastlevaniaCapture18.png
1MB, 1130x640px
>>159649930
I was wondering how they would translate enemies exploding while still keeping in enough gore.

Glad they didn't disappoint.
>>
Warren Ellis is from the uk. Stop calling this an american anime it's british
>>
>>159627682
>made in the west.
Written in the west. From a game for Japan.
Animated by koreans.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.