[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mushoku Tensei 33

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 26

File: img000030 (1).png (512KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000030 (1).png
512KB, 836x1200px
>you become strong and cool
>your cool dad that you used to look up to dad becomes a worthless drunk
Some meta level self-insertion right here
>>
I like Paul, instead of a faceless "parent that gasp at his son's every move" you find in other reincarnation series this guy actually has a character independent of the MC.

you can actually see that this is part of his character arc as well which makes his death all the more tragic
>>
>>159625381
What happened to the wife and maid?
>>
Don't worry, he bites it later
>>
>>159626031
they're alive
>>
>>159625885
I like Paul too because he was secretly fucking the meido like a regular human in a marriage instead of being a wish fulfillment sperg and forming a Islamic harem.
>>
>>159626031
One of em' got glassed.
The other got raped.
>>
>>159626105
>raped
Nah. She was just confined to a palace, in the hopes that Roxy (who was well acquainted with her) might come back for her.
>>
>>159626078
one can argue that Paul is a better MC than Rudi

but so is Eris
and Sylphy
and Roxy
and Orsted
and Ruijerd
and Zanoba
and Banana
and Jino

It's like Medaka and Naruto in the "all the side characters can make better main characters" sort of way
>>
I've been reading this and I got up to where Rudeus lost his v-card. What am I in for? I'm pretty sad that the party split up.
>>
>>159626227
A several volume long story arc about Rudy not being able to get his dick hard, which leads into to some strange and tragic events.
>>
>>159626227
School arc and zanoba being the best character
>>
>>159626260
Traditional nip male reaction to sex with a girl.
>>
>>159626078
But anon there's no rule in that world where it said that you can't have multiple wives except for Millis faith which was established by Hitogami most likely, considering how he was behind using Badigadi as his pawn when he forced him to split Laplace in half.

That said Hitogami doesn't give a fuck what the humans do, in fact as long as they don't bother him he won't bother them, especially in terms of forcing religion or anything else on them. They probably made those up the doctrines themselves, those fanatic templar lunatics.
>>
File: 3 (18).jpg (99KB, 728x1020px) Image search: [Google]
3 (18).jpg
99KB, 728x1020px
>>159626260
I hope the manga doesn't focus on Tokyo DTED for too long.
>>
so why rudy didn't fuck nana again?
>>
>>159626446
>But anon there's no rule in that world where it said that you can't have multiple wives
A setting expressly written for the purpose of eventual self-insert harem ending bullshit. I wish just once we'd get an ending with mistresses, bastards, and affairs.
>>
File: img000011 (3).png (68KB, 362x369px) Image search: [Google]
img000011 (3).png
68KB, 362x369px
>>159626500
Because in Japanese otaku NEET loser culture if you fuck a girl you must marry her and the author thought a polygamy of 4+ would be too hard to write.
>>
>>159626561
this pic said it all....
>>
>>159626462
What the fuck is this heresy? Real girls can't be that bitchy and autistic, right?
>>
File: 29.jpg (148KB, 868x449px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
148KB, 868x449px
At least the artist didn't remind us he's fat ugly trash this chapter.
>>
>>159626561
which was correct since it was beyond his means to even write a polygamy of 3 properly
>>
>>159626512
Not every affair has to be edgy. There do exist examples in the real world as well where that doesn't happen and they coexist peacefully. And it definitely wouldn't happen with Rudeus considering how involved he was with all the heroines and how they cared for him.
In the first place the human mentality there is especially screwed after the 6 worlds merged. It was a complete chaos at first untill all the races settled down somewhat. The mentality of the humans there underwent many changes due to the influence of the 5 world races and their cultures. Especially the demon race where you can have multiple wives.
>>
File: 1 (8).png (1MB, 728x4088px) Image search: [Google]
1 (8).png
1MB, 728x4088px
>>159626674
/a/'s seasonal rage fuel for January 2016
>>
>>159626500
>MC is in a world surrounded by girls with cow-tits, perfect bodies, and outright lolis
>goes after the traditional Japanese girl
>/a/non: superior nippon folded 1000 times amirite?

>get the novel where he doesn't go for the traditional Japanese girl
>/a/non: WHAT How dare he not fuck best girl!
>>
>>159626751
>Rudeus considering how involved he was with all the heroines and how they cared for him.
That literally doesn't matter, if anything it proves my point. Harem would never happened if all parts of their brain were functioning. Who said anything about edgy? For 1000s of years people had mistresses and bastards that their wives had to begrudgingly deal with.
>>
>>159626834
oh bloody fuck off you cunt, nana was ten times better than dum dum eris or cuck elf
go suck a fat one
>>
>>159626899
weeaboo
>>
>>159626843
Again its a different world, different mentality, different logic, their rules, If it can happen in the real world and there are families with multiple wives without conflict there's no way it wouldn't happen especially there where the concept of monogamy isn't particularly strong.
>>
>>159626843
post like these makes me wonder what would happen if the series would've been perfect if the MC only gone after 1 girl

though even then there would be a lot of "best girl" posting involved, it's already bad enough people want banana and the beast girls in the harem.
>>
Fuck off with realism
>>
>>159627039
People wanted him to bang Ariel, people wanted him to bang Aisha, people wated him to bang Norn, Rinia etc. But the author was clearly set on the 3 heroines from the very beginning. It did cause a lot of butthurt but eventually they had to deal with it.
>>
File: 9 (1).jpg (60KB, 676x242px) Image search: [Google]
9 (1).jpg
60KB, 676x242px
>>159626843
The only way harems can function is under religious dogma or true female oppression. Although I suspect that may change with the next few generations of youth cultures. I've seen polamory gaining traction, but that's an excuse for beta losers to let their girlfriends get fucked by other guys.
I've only read one convincing multi-person relationship in a nipponese manga and that was the bigamy from Honeymoon Salad. The manga did a sufficient job of demonstrating that relationships with any one of the two girls were not sustainable, and the only way they could have happiness was through a threesome, with both girls having a type of codependency with each other. And there wasn't even any yurishit.
>>
>>159626993
>its a different world, different mentality, different logic, their rules
Don't try to pretend that's it's not just the author wanting to jerk off his self-insert.
>>
>>159626993
>and there are families with multiple wives without conflict
Except those don't exist, not really. Polygamy is a fucking nightmare from a psychological standpoint and people simply can't function in a multiple partner relationship while keeping everyone equal. There is always a either a number 1 or a lack of genuine affection in these things, because otherwise the multiplied drama gradually drives people insane and some part eventually gives.
>>
>>159627101
That's not the point. It's that the other characters being subject to realism, and the protagonist not, is both transparent and contrived.
>>
>>159627194
I'm just saying how it is especially after reading the Laplace prequel but yes the fulfillment factor is part of it as well.
>>
what happened to the translations?
>>
>>159627228
Yup, that's why mistresses worked. The legal wife rationalized "well, he loves me the most, or else he wouldn't keep coming back to me", and the mistress rationalized "he really loves me the most, but social and economic obligations force him to stay married to his wife".
>>
>>159626211
You know, after reading the translated WN I came to fucking despise harems.
The general plot was fine even if the ending was a bit weak. The characters were fine too, but I feel Rudi taking the personal relationships that way was annoying and it really devalued them.
Sorry, just needed to get it off
>>
>>159627335
It doesn't work anymore because the wife can just hit the mistress up on Facebook to compare notes, totally fragging your play.
>>
even with MT being a wish-fulfillment/self-insert series it's not like those terms mean anything anymore

nowadays the only thing that cannot be called self-insert fantasies are Berserk-level suffering stories. Anything lighter than that are wish fulfillment stories made for neckbeards and/or landwhales
>>
>>159627228
Exactly however they have a very very different mentality and especially after what they went through together: almost getting wiped out by Orsted, the circumstances, Rudeus working his ass off for them doing gods work, it would've been literally a stab in the back if they started quarreling and ruining the family, they talked between each other, set specific rules and eventually after the children were born got used to it.

Also Sylplhy was incredibly dependent on Rudeus. People talk about how she shouldn't have allowed Roxy to stay but it was psychological moment as well where she couldn't risk anything especially when the child was about to be born and Rudeus had the financial ability to support them all without issues.
>>
>>159627413
still handled better than most relationships in the genre

though that's not saying much
>>
>>159627556
>Exactly however they have a very very different mentality and especially after what they went through together: almost getting wiped out by Orsted, the circumstances
>Also Sylplhy was incredibly dependent on Rudeus. People talk about how she shouldn't have allowed Roxy to stay but it was psychological moment as well where she couldn't risk anything especially when the child was about to be born and Rudeus had the financial ability to support them all without issues.

All of this makes it work less. General rule for harems is the more detached, the more likely they are to work. It's a common correlation fallacy to think that more love and dependency equals more stability and acceptability, when all it equals is a stronger desire to monopolize.
>>
File: 1499588140175.jpg (665KB, 1688x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499588140175.jpg
665KB, 1688x1200px
>>159627601
>be noble
>be pragmatic protagonist who understands the importance of nobility
>propose to your maid
>in a room filled with nobles
I mean, I can make an exception for the dog girl, since she's in the merchant class, but the maid? No, meidos should be fucked on the DL.
>>
>>159627654
They had very different circumstances from normal Harems. Sylphy was basically being brainwashed by Rudeus during all her childhood. She didn't have the mental strength or the will to monopolize him.

Eris as well had nothing besides him. The moment her family was wiped out she decided to dedicate everything for him even going as far as to train after they had their first night to defeat Orsted. She really didn't have anything after coming back.
>>
>>159627039
But Anon, he went after one girl. He had his heart and loin set on Eris until she left him, and afterwards aimed only to be with Slyph as shown by his obsession with that vow to be with her and not with the beast girls. Rudeus was reluctant to have a harem and only did so because he got egged on due to how the world worked. If it was not for the arguments made by the elf and the future Rudeus he would have never added anyone on.
>>
>>159627601
Yeah, I read some other mangas of the same genre and MT was handled way better.
Still, I expected this to end like with Roxy and Rudy deepening their teacher-student via reaserching new magic, Sylphy actually learning to be by herself and Eris marrying him and assisting Rudi in his battles as proof to all those years training. Feels like they wasted the relationship's setup in the first part.
I'm still mad, it feels like it handled the isekai although it felt more like normal fantasypart pretty well while fucking up Rudi's relationships
>>
>>159627654
>>159627889
>Eris is a shrew
>Sylphy is a peasant
>Roxy is a discriminated minority that searching for a place to belong

Really Sylphy does have mental ability but it doesn't matter since the other two already acknowledged her as the head wife anyway.
>>
>>159627999
> Sylphy actually learning to be by herself

she technically did off screen with Ariel and Luke
>>
>>159627889
Umm >>159627144 she clearly doesn't like pic related.
>>
>>159628004
>all three are women

Wouldn't work. ftfy.
>>
>>159628274
Don't worry, sylphy is fine with rudi having an affair with everyone EXCEPT Nanahoshi her mortal enemy.
>>
>>159628065
She did sure, but you can see how she really bent to Rudi's will. I guess changing the harem would be a pain without substantially altering Sylphy's character or the magic school's arc.
But then you would have to find a way to cure Rudi's ED.
I guess let him suffer 3-4 years more and find a way to get his hands on the aprodishiac could be one
>>
>>159628274
She's afraid of being left out, that's the thing. Its not about monopolizing him but being driven away if he hooks up with someone else. That's what she's always feared same as when the baby was born 'Is Rudeus going to kick us out because this childs hair is green?' etc even at that point she was panicking like crazy when things were settled already.
>>
File: coverImage_944240.jpg (433KB, 1000x1418px) Image search: [Google]
coverImage_944240.jpg
433KB, 1000x1418px
>>159627889
You've written the case for murder suicide, not harem.
Be a patrician. Read real harem like 白銀妃
>>
>itt people think love without jealousy is love
Nobody has ever loved Rudy and nobody ever will. He picked up a bunch of brain damaged bitches and lured them into codependency.
>>
File: 白銀妃006_18.jpg (313KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
白銀妃006_18.jpg
313KB, 857x1200px
>>159628686
>the other harem girls fuck the new girl just cuz

too /u/4/me/
>>
>>159628686
>>159628862
What is this anon, picked up.
>>
File: 1465683283904.png (309KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465683283904.png
309KB, 800x800px
>>159628686
>Hiatus
>no translations
>>
>>159628757
The only girl obtained somewhat fairly is Roxy. The others are cases of wife husbandry achieved by being an old man in the body of a boy their age.
>>
>>159628966
>openly admitting you can't read moonrunes on /a/

Man, this board has really changed from the old days.
>>
>>159628757
Roxy was fine on her own.
Eris maybe, depends if she was simply infatuated when she left Rudy or not, until then she was just a little bitch
Sylphy, yeah. She was codependent on Rudy until their separation and even then she's pretty bounded to him
>>
>>159629039
>Learning a shitty language as moonrunes
>>
>>159629039
やあ, あいつと違って僕できるよ!!!
まあ...少しだけどね
>>
>>159629039
actually /a/ often declared they can't into moonrunes (the term moonrunes came from /a/ for instance)

it was /jp/ that shames you for not into runes
>>
>>159626078
ancient China had harems too
>>
>>159629097
Sylphy viewed Rudi like how Rudi viewed Roxy
>>
>>159625381
Mushoku Tensei is one of those shows where every character but the MC is a great character. Rudy is such a fucking shit character: he's not interestinf, his motivations are bullshit, his reactions are bullshit, and despite having an actual age of 40+ he's a fucking moron.
>>
File: なに.png (1MB, 1601x750px) Image search: [Google]
なに.png
1MB, 1601x750px
>>159629039
ざけんなてめえ
>>
>>159627549
I know right, when will these bitches learn, stay in your lane.
>>
>>159629531
Akin to a god?
If so, then yeah.
But Rudy didn't have the same kind of codependency with Roxy
>>
>>159629547
though I like the fact that he's a squishy wizard all throughout the series

the supposed "OPMC" seemed to always get his ass kicked by anyone half-way decent
>>
>>159629950
>diary chapters
>>
>>159629039
>learning nip for manga/anime

Waste of fucking time.
>>
>>159630056
The future ones?
Or some other stuff I missed?
>>
>>159629039
おめえだってどうせ汚ねえ'Pseudo JOP'じゃんwww
>>
>>159630536
yeah the future ones
aka the one where he pushed the other two wives to horrible abused sorrow-filled deaths and ruined his own life because Roxy died
>>
>>159630031
Doesn't he become a literal time traveling god in the alternate timeline? Whatever happened with the info he got from that? I dropped it shortly after when the lazy writer decided to cop out and make the battle against God the responsibility of rudi's kids and never went any further.
>>
>>159625381
Kinda sad that after all this time, he still doesn't see him as his father, despite having done more for him than anything his old family ever did.
>>
>>159630658
created a bunch of magic-tech
gave banana all the credit
died fucking his three wives on piles of money and spoiling his children (to the point one also becomes a NEET)
>>
>>159630709
what are you talking about, he usually saw his Paul as his father posthumously

besides Paul kinda deserved it after the shit he pulled with his father
>>
>>159630778
Wish they finished the translation. Him and Rudi have a nice father-son banter near the end.
>>
>>159630603
Can hardly see it as codependency but more as mixture of love and respect.
I really liked those chapters, even if the time traveling was hamfisted
I have a feeling Rudy is really prone to misunderstand intentions and people.
>>159630658
Seems like Rudy never bothered to learn voice, gravity and timetravel magic after he avoided Roxy's death. His old version dies and it's buried tho
>>
>>159630914
he turned into a drunk, murderous, allegedly rapist, wife-abusing psychopath because of Roxy's death

what do you think co-dependency is?
>>
>>159630778
>>159630914
Wow, that ending is even more lame than I expected. Glad I dropped it when I did.
>>
Does orsted gets more chapters in his POV?
>>
>>159630658
>I dropped it shortly after when the lazy writer decided to cop out and make the battle against God the responsibility of rudi's kids and never went any further.
Well, Mushoku Tensei was never meant to be more than a relatively short pre-story to the web novel he actually wanted to write. He just kept taking it further and further after people liked the concept and it eventually just got way out of hand. Doesn't mean he won't write this "actual" story at some point, maybe when the MT LNs are done
>>
>>159631082
A spiral of despair, self-loathing and depression caused by the loss of one of your most loved people.
Although I see that you're right, I just re-read the definition and it fits
>excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner, typically one with an illness or addiction who requires support.
I do think that Rudy's relationship with Roxy is far less unhealthy and is not on the same plane as the one with Sylphy
>>
>>159631310
Well I digged the 'ending'.

It was very nice and fit the series incredibly well. To give you the gist of it-He can't kill Hitogami but managed to win by overcoming the final hurdle, took out(Not alone of course he can barely do shit against god class opponents) all his pawns that could harm him which causes Hitogami to simply wait out and focus on his children since he can't kill him either. They meet for the last final time after Rudi dies of old age and Hitogami tries to belittle him, makes fun of him of how he couldn't do shit and he will definitely survive no matter, struggle to the end and never give up on slaughtering his family. Rudy simply walks to him and taps him on the shoulder just like how he did with him and wished him luck saying that he did all he could and worked his ass of so that wouldn't happen. The rest is up the his children and descendants . Hitogami actually looses all his facial expressions and kinda shows a little of his real self instead of the happy go lucky/kind personality he likes to adopt. I did enjoy the ending and hopefully the sequel comes as well seeing the author didn't stop writing.
>>
>>159631456
>author accidentally had his short prequel turn into a multi decade epic chronicling a man's life

Quite the fuck up there. Maybe his follow up series will be better; Mushoku Tense was quite good up until the marriage and home life.
>>
>>159631777
I guess that's kinda cool, it's just not my tastes and feels like a let down to what I had come to hope and expect while reading the story.
>>
>>159631844
Yea people had mixed reactions but well lets see how it goes. I wish the Laplace prequel got translated for you guys once and for all. That answers a LOT of questions and sets up things nicely.
>>
>>159631778
It peaked for me at hogwarts
>>
>>159631970
Shit like this makes me want to learn moon so I don't have to rely on fan TLers anymore.

>>159632105
I liked some of the comfy home stuff, it just should have been the background and not the entire story. Rudi deserved some nice, unprotected sex for pleasure and procreation after the shit he went through.
>>
Monkey dude is so great. So loveable.
>>
>>159632105
I guess it was the same for me.
Seeing Rudy strugling with his ED was strangely fun
>>
>>159632308
pissed me the fuck off when the author threw him under the bus
>>
>>159630089
>learning a language is a waste of time
>says the person posting on an imageboard devoted to the cartoons of a country with a language he doesn't know
>>
>>159630709
>Kinda sad that after all this time, he still doesn't see him as his father
Um it'd be fucking creepy as all hell if he ever did. Dude is like 10 years his junior.
>>
Will the LNs save this mess or is just a better edited WN ?
Does anything important change as of the latest release?
>>
>>159632716
MC's mental age was still around twelve at that point. Age doesn't mean much when it comes to wisdom, guidance, and mentorship.
>>
>>159629039
I do audiotapes while I'm jogging, but I've found that the most effective way was to jack off to eroge 6 times a day using a translation aggregation.
>>
>>159632748
>MC's mental age was still around twelve at that point
He was always a manchild. I'm sure there are plenty of old men in Japan with the mental age of 12, that doesn't mean they can go around calling mature 20-something yr-olds "daddy".
>>
>>159632927
It does when they have the body of a child and every positive improvement and growth you've had as a person was because of that father figure.
>>
Holy shit Orsted is such a fag. Leave Hitogami-chan alone and stop fucking up the world you pieces of shit the dude just wants some piece and quiet. Fuck Orsted and fuck Rudeus.
>>
>>159633040
They're still grown men who remember their fathers just fine.
>>
>People complaining about Sylpha and the wife dynamics
The issue was very simple.

Kids fucking ruin any adventuring story, which is why you stay the fuck away from them like a plague.
>>
Interesting how even with all the tricks and magic MC still can't really match up with the sword users. Or rather its not even that but the Touki

Anyone who can wear Touki and is close to his level can potentially beat em up at close range unless our MC pulls out some godlike stunts thanks to his experience or gets incredibly lucky.
>>
>>159633040
So a 50 year old man with a pituitary gland abnormality is fine?
>>
>>159634158
Probably the only ones who can potentially get away with not wearing Touki and can be magicians at the same time are the Demon race thanks to their inner body structure and immortality.

The perfect combination.
>>
File: 22 (9).png (110KB, 589x607px) Image search: [Google]
22 (9).png
110KB, 589x607px
>>159633738
Don't be a faggot. Kids you love and care for ruin an adventure story.
>hero-kun in later years
>killing monsters in forest
>one day some 17 year-old brat attacks him
>turns out he/she's hero-kun's bastard
>result of that girl hero-kun fucked 200 chapters ago
>wants revenge on hero-kun for leaving his/her mother to suffer in squalor all those years
>keeps challenging hero-kun to duels and getting btfo
>hero-kun instilling wisdom with each encounter
>slowly a father son/daughter bond starts to form
>some life-endangering event causes bastard-san to finally give up his feelings of revenge
>they travel together for awhile
>one day they stop off at an inn
>bastard-san about to fuck some girl/guy
>hero-kun walks in
>guy/girl stares blankly
>"...d-dad?"
>bastard-kun comically enraged
>"I hate you after all!"

haha does anyone have the comic where the hero guy fucks the dragon girl and then leaves, but she gets pregnant and her and her daughter face adversity and suffer for years?
>>
>>159634616
Yeah but Rudy makes up for it with his armour. He did improve it and everything and yet it won't give him the efficiancy of someone like Laplace.
>>
>>159634616
immortal race just constantly own Rudi

even having Moore that fucked up god-mode Diary-Rudi
>>
File: ev046a00.jpg (572KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev046a00.jpg
572KB, 1280x720px
>>159633738
>Kids fucking ruin any adventuring story
>>
>>159634985
yeah but moving that shit is a bitch always needing preptime to actually use it
>>
File: ev173.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev173.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>159635302
>be legal wife
>husband impregnates girl
>girl delivers baby
>take baby and raise it as your own

Is this the ultimate cuckolding?
>>
>>159633738
Yeah, I guess having 3 wives and more than 4 children really multiply the effect.
Or maybe you can go adventuring with your wife, but I'm not sure if it's that good of a idea.
>>
>>159632105
It peaked for me at Paul's death
>>
>>159634158
Well, the most amusing thing about that is that Touki is meant to be used by the Dragon Tribe.

Only they were able to use it during the beginning of the 6 world timeline and then taught it to the other races. Other Touki is kind of like an imitation and will never be as effective if a guy from the Dragon Tribe wore one. They use Touki in everyday life like breathing for example they pour it into their wings to be able to release a special field which enables them to fly and so on. Also yes they actually have wings Orsted doesn't most likely because he's half Dragon Half Human born between Hitogami's/Human God's daughter and the original Dragon God
>>
>>159632105
>>159635798
It peaked for me at the diary chapters
>>
>>159635407
With that kind of logic, cats and dogs are cucks too.
>>
>>159636100
Dogs and cats can't get married.
>>
Just read reduncy chapters about sword god juno. People that say Eris didnt develop after marriage is full of shit.
>>
>>159637165
I still wonder why she accepted marrying as the third wife.
>>
>>159637591
Why would you wonder about something like that? It's self-insert wish fulfillment.
>>
>>159637722
I know, I know, it's only that seeing her selfish character bent like that just irks me the wrong way.
Almost to make wish they narrated the original timeline instead
>>
>>159625381

I gather you didn't read the novel. You totally should.
>>
>>159629547

Fuck you, Rudy is Flawed but lovable. Exactly because of how Flawed he is and how hard he tries you end up rooting for him.
>>
>>159639275
novel doesn't get good until vol 3 though
>>
>>159634831
That comic is the other way around isn't it?
>>
>>159640203
I don't remember, I haven't seen it in years which is why I'm askin.
>>
File: 1337199483645.png (115KB, 301x345px) Image search: [Google]
1337199483645.png
115KB, 301x345px
>>159639322
Man, Rudi-inserts and Shinji-inserts talk the exact same way. Wild.
>>
>>159640307
Yeah I think it's some knight woman goes to slay a dragon but fails and gets raped by it and ends up pregnant with her husband leaving her and being scorned by the surrounding people, her daughter is born a hybrid and she tries strangling her when she's a teen but stops and it ends with the woman dying and her daughter leaving.
>>
File: 789789464.jpg (602KB, 500x4422px) Image search: [Google]
789789464.jpg
602KB, 500x4422px
>>159640774
Found it but it's censored, not sure if that's how the original is.
>>
>>159640975
https://exhentai.org/g/650143/ba8eab2153/
>>
>>159640975
It'd be hot if the daughter tracked down her father for revenge then got beaten and fucked just like her mother.
>>
>>159628365
What was her reasoning for Nanahosi again?
>>
>>159642160
With Roxy, she felt that she could be "above" her, or at the very least "equal" with her, due to Roxy's personality and such. Eris was also a very simple minded girl, so there weren't likely to be problems with her. As much as Rudy likes to treat them all the same, they don't quite see it that way.

On the other hand, taking the beast girls or Nanahoshi would make living together difficult. The Beast Girls were loud and obnoxious, with previous history with Sylphy, and with Nanahoshi Sylphy felt that she would be too "inferior" to her if Rudy truly fell for her, because the two were always talking in secret in some language she didn't know. She knew there was some similarity between them, and was scared of what that meant.
>>
>>159642449
Oh yeah thanks for the refresher anon.
>>
Anyone know anythings been meantioned about Laplace in new spin offs?
>>
>>159640380

What is with using self-insert as a buzzword?
I couldn't relate with Rudeus personality at gunpoint, but I can still like him and I enjoy him more than the 99th Gary Stu character that has no flaw except being too nice and magnetic to pussy.
>>
>>159644634
its IRC scum shitting on isekai threads
>>
>>159625381
I hated Paul for the longest time, then the Laberynth arc happened.
I hated Elianise and Cliff too, then they grew on me.
I hated Pax, then they gave him an ending.
So many of the characters I hated in this series end up getting redeemed or shown their side of the bullshit and afterwards I cant help hating them anymore.

Hitogami did nothing Wrong, FUCK ORSTED!
>>
I know rudy is going to bone eris, but is he also gonna bone best girl roxy
>>
>>159645216
Hitogami literally stole the body of god to fuck shit up
>>
>>159644634
Its not a buzzword. Isekai characters are literally wish fulfillment self inserts. Rudy is a fat worthless piece of shit otaku but is [insert otakus wet dream]
Mushoku is the worst of the isekai genre in that regard.
>>
>>159645703

But I am fit, have a job, like to confront people, and yet I enjoyed and liked Rudeus. I never expected him to do anything like I would, and I just wanted him to be happy, which I never wished for myself.
>>
>>159645791
thats great mate. changes nothing about this being a self insert shitfest
>>
>>159645791
You're simply not the target audience.
>>
>>159645978
that or your argument is complete unproven bullshit
>>
irc scum shitting on isekai threads i see
>>
>>159646219
Nigga no one gives a shit about you. You outlier singular personal anecdote on the internet has nothing to do with the topic.
Fuck not even him but you are retarded.
>>
>>159645872

I don't, maybe that's the objective but I think that's a sad way of putting it.
With that logic all stories fall into that category.
Normally you would have a regular person that falls into disarray only to rise to new highs, and that could be you, the reader, as it could happen to anybody.
Or you might have an invincible hero facing tragedy with a smile, always unbeatable, and he is there for the reader to admire and aspire to be like him, the you that you could had been given the right opportunity.
Then you have tragic characters that fight regardless of how much is put on them, and yet still carry their weight, for you to see and relate, as people so often carry their own heavy weights.
This all with fantasy, but it all too easily applies to love stories, or maybe a novel, or sometimes a cronic for a war that could had easily had happen.

If you look at it that way you are always supposed to relate, but if you grow to like a character as an individual, as something more than just a concept for you to fit yourself into, then you can't truly self insert, because that character you care about is there in that position.

The more complex a characters gets to be, the more of definite personality it has, the harder it would be to just self insert.

I would disagree with Mushuku being just another self insert story only on the basis that the author gave enough of his own self to Rudeus to stand in the way of just giving yourself to the story. If you pay attention from beginning to end the moral is that even when a new chance is given it is up to you to actually use it properly and not grown conceited.

Anyway, I really like this, even it is just another Isekai in the middle of a fad.
>>
>>159645703
it is a buzzword, you throw it around randomly without rhyme or reason and it says nothing about the story or its quality.

you're just saying it to look clever
>>
>>159646287
tldr. It's self-insertion. The author and target readers are fat otaku NEET pieces of shit, a character representative of them is tossed into a world where he's skilled and successful and fucks girls that the reader/author could only dream off, and then eventually marries them all because the readers/author want to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>>159646286
wasn't the guy with the anecdote either

But accusing works for being "self-insert for otakus" for the flimsiest of reasons just makes him sound retarded and you retarded for defending him.

guy doesn't even have anecdotal evidence let alone an actual one.
>>
>>159646328
Are you really this blind. Its literally made for self insert wish fulfillment. That is exactly what it is. They literally took "self insert wish fulfillment" and made it a genre called isekai.
>Are you are otaku with nothing going for your life and most opportunities blown threw, no problem sacrifice your life as a good deed (the only good thing youve ever done) and you get to live in a magic world where you are better than everyone else.
>>
>>159646328
It's a buzzword but not an inaccurate one in the case of this, and isekai in general. It's a buzzword when it's used to described non-isekai. You've put the cart before the horse. Lurk 10 years before posting.
>>
>>159646287
No not all stories have the main character be a caricature of the audience.
>>
>>159646411
Can you stop using reddit spacing in your posts? You're basically namefagging.
>>
>>159646454
>where you are better than everyone else.
>entire thread filled with proof that he's not even close to that

I won't you didn't read the book but I will say if you did you seemed to forgot everything about it including all the characters, arcs, and battles.
>>
>>159646560
No hes literally better than everyone else.
>>
File: HITOGAMI.jpg (13KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
HITOGAMI.jpg
13KB, 225x350px
Reminder that HITOGAMI is what stood between Humanity and their death via Laplace.

Hitogami literally did nothing wrong. Orsted and Rudeus deserve death.
>>
I know Nanahoshi getting Isekaid is what caused the mana event, but what cause Nanahoshi to get Isekaid?
The Truck?
Also theres has been other Mana Events, did other people get Isekaid as well?
>>
>>159646598
Yep you forgot ALL the characters. Including his "better than him at magic, swordskills, techniques, and also a dragon boss" who runs half the fucking second half of the story.
>>
>>159646761
No you are literally ignoring the fact that he is in some way superior to all of them.
>>
>>159646501
Name a single non-self insert that isn't a Berserk-level suffering fest. Then explain why it isn't.
>>
>>159646598
holy shit nigga just stop posting
>>159646704
Miko from the non rudy timeline used her rewind power to fuck the space time continuum cause her country summoned nana's friend and he died like a bitch in the war, so she breaks time and space to get someone who loved him as much as her.
>>
>>159646560
>family is super strong and connected
>shoots super cool big boy magic as a 3 year old
>lectures his magic teacher about his super awesome chantless magic
>brought to some really hot girl's house to teach her magic
>she falls for him because he's reliable and mature (literally an adult)

It doesn't matter if the author turns it into a grimdark edgefest from thereon, it doesn't fix the underlying theme.
>>
>>159646877
>holy shit nigga just stop posting
typical post from someone who got btfo
>>
>>159646848
Re:creators
>>
>>159646704
It's clearly explained like anon said >>159646877
just read the entire thing past Rudeus' death and it's spelled out for you, boy goddamn
>>
>>159646809
and they are in many ways superior to him.

He has no touki so any king-level melee fighter can kick his ass
Roxy, Banana, and Cliff are better than him in magical knowledge
Immortal Races are bullshit
Orsted and Laplace has all the cheat of Rudi but none of the drawbacks

only character Rudi is truly superior to is Zanoba and maybe Sylphy and even Zanoba is stronger than Rudi and Slyphy is more of an balanced than the squishy wizard.

really I feel you were reading a different story all together and thinking it was Mushoku Tensei
>>
>>159646848
>Name a single non-self insert that isn't a Berserk-level suffering fest. Then explain why it isn't.
There's triple negative in this so I don't really understand what you're saying. Literally most manga fits that bill so I'm just gonna look at my open windows.
>Hellsing
>Tenkuu Shinpan
>Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
>Golden Kamui
>Spirit Circle
>Frau Faust
>Sengoku Youko
>Osake wa fuufu ni natte kara
>Maou no Hisho
>Hiyokoi
>Tsurezure Children
>Otoyomegatari
>>
>>159646964
pretty sure that's an Isekai

I mean it doesn't debunk you example but it kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it

might as well have posted Re:zero too
>>
Isn't this the manga where MC hated his father because he likes his mother and is jealous of his father or something?
>>
>>159647158
its a reverse isekai, mc is not isekaid so it does not debunk anything
>>
>>159647031
>Be jack of all trades with high stats across the board
>BUT THIS ONE PERSON IS MORE KNOWLEGEABLE THAN HIM
You are just as disgusting as the manga
>>
>>159647265
if he cucked his father, that would have made this shit 10/10. Sadly that never happened.
>>
File: 2yuzhb4.jpg (292KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2yuzhb4.jpg
292KB, 841x1200px
>>159647158
Isekai is inherently a genre entirely about self-insertion, with very few exceptions (Drifters being one).
I disagree with the other anon. It isn't about feeling good (that's wish fulfillment), it's about having a generic protagonist that's representative of your readers. Here's some extremely superficial examples
>Black hair-kun for shounen harems
>Blond usagi-type for shoujo reverse harems
>Cake OL for josei SOL romance
>Black hair-kun for seinen cuckfest romances
>>
>>159647294
Yeah but the argument is >>159646454 outright saying.

>They literally took "self insert wish fulfillment" and made it a genre called isekai.

So it's funny when your first thought of "non-self-insert" is a reverse isekai but an isekai nontheless (not exactly untrue though).
>>
>>159647364
So, it is that manga. I remember hating this and reading the thread, I now know it's pretty justified.
>>
>>159647376
I like to argue that the perverted and troubled Rudi isn't generic at all.
>>
>>159647411
Fictional characters coming to life does not make it an isekai.
>>
>>159647346
You're confusing him with Slyphy. Rudi only has high stats in magic

>b-but he has adult knowledge at the age of 3!
and he's completely outclassed by high-schoolers by the age of 15
>>
>>159647458
I agree. He's on the same level as tge MC that travel back in time and rape his loli friends and the MC that made a dungeon abd rape the hero and everybody else he doesn't like.
>>
>>159647513
mushoku tensei is the isekai to rule all isekai

it is basically the shining gold standard of isekai

name one isekai better than mushoku tensei so I can laugh at you
>>
>>159647581
mushoku tensei is everything wrong with isekai. Most isekai's are shit though but its just the biggest self insert out of all of them. Hence the reason its the most popular.
>>
>>159647581
Can't anon. This is the most blantant self insertion isekai right next to remonster.
>>
>>159647458
>>159647529
That's generic for the reader-base. That's the whole point. Generics are subjective.
But generic protagonists aren't the sole factor. For instance, Re:Monster doesn't have a generic protagonist but the narration does its damnedest to make the reader feel as if the character is them by using a diary-type way of communicating.
>>
>>159647529
Nah he's a bit more likable than that. He actually learns that that shit was wrong unlike the other two examples. Like the guy actually grows and has "development." I know his genji plan in the first volume makes him "scum of the earth forever until the end of time no exceptions!" in your eyes, but the shit he does in the first volume doesn't really do in the later volumes and for good reason.
>>
>>159647637
it is the greatest, the grandest spectacle of them all

it goes the deepest and the farthest and the longest

mushoku tensei is a masterpiece
>>
>>159647668
He learns after he suffers. Not a good thing.
>>
Can't wait for Rudy to beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>159647529
she was going to die anyway, he basically owns her life
>>
>>159647666
but Rudi isn't you he's a character in his own right with his own strengths and flaws, goals and fears, ways of interacting with others and breaking points when even he has to fight. He's a squishy wizard who has no touki and thus doesn't have much melee ability, he's a pervert who people react to in different ways, he gets arrogant but pays for that arrogance in a way that parallels the fall he had originally in his previous life, He's a familyman that does everything in his power to protect them no matter what.

He's more Reika than Rou really
>>
>>159647763
But at least he learns. You are comparing him to people who will be murderers and rapists from chapter 1 until the final chapter. Give him more credit than that the whole series is all about him trying to be a better person automatically makes him better than that other NEET MC.
>>
>>159647957
He shows that an obese NEET manchild with no redeeming qualities can be a prodigy with a hot mother and can have everyone like him even if he is a fucjing douchebag. And every other man can never be like him.
>>
>>159648048
The whole series is him being better than anyone else especially his father that he hated because he's just the best.
>>
>>159630914
>Seems like Rudy never bothered to learn voice, gravity and timetravel magic after he avoided Roxy's death. His old version dies and it's buried tho

[spoioler]
Waking up(what seem to be a coma state) after Hitogami showed him a possible future one of his grandkid trips and he caught her via gravity magic.

He did learn some more magic and skill in the future, albeit offscreen tho.
>>
>>159648086
>and can have everyone like him even if he is a fucjing douchebag
Are you fucking retarded? The only reason people like him is because he tries to NOT be a douchebag.

Though, looking at your last part, I'm going to assume right off the bat you haven't read the series anyways, and I just got baited.
>>
File: m0289_alesESJvqko.jpg (346KB, 725x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m0289_alesESJvqko.jpg
346KB, 725x1080px
>>159647768
>>
>>159647957
>but Rudi isn't you
Just because I'm not playing a text based D&D campaign doesn't mean that a character isn't in existence for the purpose of me playing make-believe. All of Rudi's reactions are in acceptable parameters.
Now if he started acting like a Chad, at that point you may be right. But he was still conceived for the purposes of self-insertion, and any subsequent events are subject to that already established fact. Maybe if the story began in the middle it wouldn't be a self-insert story, but the very fact that it began the way it did, does.
>>
>>159648086
>>159648153
>And every other man can never be like him.
>The whole series is him being better than anyone else

except the Dragon Race, the Immortal Race, the sword gods, his own wives, etc.

>especially his father
actually he never defeats his father in sword skills either
Rudi is smarter but that's not an achievement since Paul is as much of a manchild as Rudi is.
>>
>>159648172
Real kids would be crushed emotionally. Really makes you remember that he's a lardass possessing the corpse of the child of the man he's punching.
>>
>>159631627
>I do think that Rudy's relationship with Roxy is far less unhealthy and is not on the same plane as the one with Sylphy
Rudy is the sole Roxy cultist of their world, going as far going back in time to prevent her death and keeping her panties with him till his death bed.
>>
>>159648171
Oh, I've read it. Only the first few chapters anyway. Until he finish learning magic from his hot mentor that he wants to fuck He's pretty douchy to his father.
>>
>>159648266
>Paul is as much of a manchild as Rudi is
Must've missed those chapters where Paul sat in his room for years sitting at a computer, breathing down cheetos, fapping to 2d, and recording hidden cam cp.
>>
>>159648270
It doesn't help that seeing his new dad like this reminds him of how he drove his original father basically to death with his worthlessness.

Still Paul deserves it because he's a shithead.

>Wah you didn't look hard enough for us despite having to keep yourself and Eris alive in the middle of literal demon territory
>Why aren't you a depressed sack of shit like me?
>>
File: m0131_md5FCtuNZbM.jpg (349KB, 735x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m0131_md5FCtuNZbM.jpg
349KB, 735x1080px
>>159648270
Anon, he was crushed.
>>
>>159648172
this isnt what happened in the wn
>>
>>159648356
That was more like the face you make when your favorite AKB48 member gets arrested at a cocaine orgy
>>
>>159648328
Paul is not a loser like Rudi

instead he abandoned his father to die, raped the daughter of his mentor, burned the bridges of his adventurer crew, cheated on his wife, cursed out his own kid when said kid traveled all across the world to find him, etc.
>>
>>159648266
I don't mean in power. He was acting like he was the shit and having so powrful wives and friends that always loved him.

Only because the author want to justify the hate for the father.
>>
>>159648431
He just sounds like a riajuu. Obviously nobody could self-insert as him.
>>
>>159648406
>this isnt what happened in the wn
This is exactly what happens. It happens in the bar.
>>
>>159648431
So make Paul bad enougb so Rudi can be seen as the good guy. Fuck that.
>>
>>159648431
rather than saying "son better than father" it's more like "like father like son" both perverted assholes who originally couldn't into responsibility
>>
File: m0292_IGDi4ueTLSk.jpg (263KB, 734x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m0292_IGDi4ueTLSk.jpg
263KB, 734x1080px
>>159648406
The LN isn't the same as the WN.
>>
>>159648533
neither or the good guy
they're both the same shit
>>
>>159648460
>He was acting like he was the shit and having so powrful wives and friends that always loved him.
>Only because the author want to justify the hate for the father.
Literally what?
>>
>>159648533
Paul isn't bad. He's literally saint in Rudy's eyes.
>>
>>159646404
Man the only one projecting and inserting throughout this thread seems to be just you. Did the author kill your dog or something?
>>
>>159648550
I mean, not the exact same. It gets edited, some bent corners straightened out, etcetera.
>>
>>159648460
the author doesn't want you to hate the father. Like I said the father has his own arc and it parallels with Rudi.
>>
>>159648565
But Rudy is infinitely better than his father because he loves everyone right? The father can't be normal or shit. Must be as bad as Rudy because than we can like Rudy more. Again fuck that.
>>
>>159648581
Paul is half the man he once was
>>
The fact this guy is trying to claim Paul was portrayed as a "bad guy" is fucking hilarious, and only proves they don't know anything about the series.
>>
>>159648647
you clearly don't understand Paul
>>
>>159648595
>I know you are but what am I
>>
>>159648694
So are you trying to tell me that >>159648431
>>159648352
didn't happen? Are you also trying to say that thr MC isn't portrayed as the one betrayed by his father in this shit?
>>
>>159648694
You're right, we don't know half of it
>>
>>159648771
it did happen

it just didn't make Paul look bad because like Rudi he's a flawed character that learns to change for the better, they all are. See in normal Isekai it's all about the OPMC, he doesn't develop at all because he's already perfect and the characters are just cheerleaders. but this isn't your normal Isekai, this is Mushoku Tensei there are other characters that actually have characters to them, MC has actual flaws that he is working to be a better person. Paul is literally "Chad Rudi" but at the end of the day like Rudi he ends up a likable and developed character. I see from the post you're just keeping up with the manga but your predictions are wrong.
>>
>>159648926
If you need to sacrifice yourself to be likeable than you are doing something wrong.
>>
>>159648926
You guys don't know half of anything about Paul.
>>
>>159648771
>betrayed by his father
No. That's not how it happens.

Paul was this badass that Rudy looked up to, but as it turned out he also had flaws similar to Rudy's—specifically their issues with taking responsibility.
After the transfer incident, Paul gets together people to look for his family, but he's basically become a shadow of his former self after all the stress.

What happens in the aforementioned scene, with the two of them fighting, is that Paul snaps at Rudy because he feels "Rudy's smart enough; why didn't he realize what was happening, and spend this time looking for his mother like I have been?"
Rudy on the other hand is also pretty stressed from all that's happened, but didn't want Paul to see it, and in the end Paul thought Rudy was just having fun the whole time. The two end up fighting because of their different perspectives, and their own flaws.
In the end they resolve their issues (thanks to the monkey), but the whole fight was due to a misunderstanding and both characters having their own flaws.
>>
>>159648926
MC is OP. Not in the classical sense but everything else. Name someone else in the series that is exactly like MC with all his wives and friends.
>>
File: dio.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dio.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
If isekai isn't about self-inserting and escapism from your own miserable life, why does it attract so many third-world ESL rats?
>>
>>159648996
He didnt need to sacrifice himself, they made up right after the fight, they both grew after that confrontation.
Eris wanted to beat the shit out of Paul but found them being happy after being reunited, which is a running gag.
Someone hurts Rudy, Eris goes berserk, Rudy makes nice with them and Eris gets her Righteous Anger cucked.
>>
>>159649065
>he's OP because he has a harem

so basically every harem MC is an OPMC
>>
>>159649065
Jino
>>
>>159649060
Just like friends and companions. Not father and son. Fuck that.
>>
>>159649127
If the haren is OP yes.
>>
There is one single thing that keeps bothering me about the entire plot with Hitogami.

Why the fuck didnt he get the monkey to kill Rudy when he was a kid?
Why didnt he erase the chance of Rudy making babies that will fight Hitogami by nipping the whole thing in the bud?
Hell why didnt the Monkey abort the baby or drive a wedge between Zenith and Paul before Rudy was born?
>>
>>159649120
So his harem is his power. Not only that but to the harem Rudy can never be wrong? Good thing I dropped this before it's too late.
>>
>>159649172
harem isn't OP either

they're just all better than him
the true OP is Orsted, in normal Isekai, he'd be the MC
>>
>>159649288
And better than most people. Whoops.
>>
>>159649271
>Not only that but to the harem Rudy can never be wrong?
Yes he can, he does a lot of shit wrong and he gets called out on several occasions.
But, heres the thing that puts this above the average Isekai Harem, the Harem talks about this shit, the Harem keeps their personality, the Harem is not ok with somethings and they arent slobbering over the MCs dick constantly.
>>
>>159625381
>your cool dad that you used to look up to dad becomes a worthless drunk

>Be a dad of a son and two girls
>Have a wife and mistress you care about
>Suddenly you wake up in a faraway plain with only your daughter in your arms, and no one around for miles
>Don't know what the hell happened and why you're here.
>Assume the worst: Old enemies teleported you away with a trap, maybe raping your family at this moment.
>Panic. Steal a horse to get back home
>Find out your home, your entire village and the territory around it, were all scattered and teleported all over the world
>Spend next few years of your life looking for your family, while trying to be a father for your daughter.
>Gather up survivors of the same event, to look for other people, buying some out of slavery or saving them from bandits.
>Still can't find wife or other daughter. Figure your genius son is probably ok.
>Cross continent to look for wife.
>Corrupt people slowing you down at every step of the way. Support for the search waning.
>Still can't find hints of wife, daughter nor mistress.
>All the while the stress continues to build up.

Shit, you'd end up a worthless drunk too.
>>
>>159649245
Hitogami thought he had everything under control.
Everything decision he made was steering Rudy towards what happens in the future diary, he just never imagined future Rudy would develop time travel to fuck him over and change everything.
Future Rudy saved everything.
>>
>>159649414
Only to further better the MC so that he can be more OP and have his harem to continue slobber on his dick. Which will love him even if he does anything wrong. Good thing the harem is acting like an intervention.
>>
>>159649325
at this point you are just trying to find an excuse to call him OP

most protagonist are "better than most people" and "liked by all" I mean is Guts an OPMC? he's better than most people. is Luffy? not much people who don't like him.So far all your predictions are wrong in every sense I suggest you actually do read it all the way through since it seems like it will exceed your expectations.
>>
>>159649478
So Rudy also developed time travel. Good to know.
>>
>>159649549
Go read RE:Monster, its clearly suited to your taste.
>>
>>159649245
1. the monkey will have his ass handed to him by rudy or whoever he was with. the monkey is that weak
2. there are various disruptors that he can't see or manipulate easily (those who have strong fates, especially orsted), as well as rudy's plot armor that was so thick that he had to rely on rudy to drop his plot armor against him (by gaining his trust)
3. you overestimate the monkey. nobody would entrust their fate on the monkey unless they were in a desperate situation with money
>>
>>159649245
Hitogami didn't notice Rudy until the transfer event. That's around when he got the vision of his own death. Rudy's birth in this world was an accident, caused by a time-manipulating Miko. In the usual timeline "Rudeus" doesn't exist, probably due to miscarriage.
>>
Paul dies. Like a bitch.
>>
>>159648771
>Are you also trying to say that thr MC isn't portrayed as the one betrayed by his father in this shit?
Most fights aren't actually one person being in the wrong and one in the right. Both Rudi and Paul were flawed and the conflict comes from that, and both are brought to realize their mistakes and want to redeem themselves.
>>
>>159649597
not the canon Rudi
but Orsted did
>>
>>159649478
And to add to that Hitogami wasn't even aware of Rudy's existence until the mass teleportation incident, so aborting him or nipping him in the bud early was out of the question.

>>159649597
The future Rudeus does, our Rudy never even attempts to learn time travel magic
>>
>>159649624
>Paul dies. Like a boss.

fixed
>>
>>159649676
>Paul dies. To a boss.

Double fixed.
>>
>>159649586
Guts and Luffy have to suffer and actually train. And even then they aren't a piece of shit. Fuck you for comparing them to a literal isekai MC.
>>
>>159649710
>have to suffer and actually train
And so does Rudy.
What's your point?
>>
>didn't dev gravmagic or flight magic as well
fucking rudy and his pseudo votoms can go suck a fat one
>>
>>159625381
He never looked up to him though.
>>
>>159649710
>Guts and Luffy have to suffer and actually train.

so does Rudi (though not as much as Guts obviously), but you even said it yourself that suffering doesn't count if everyone likes you and you are better than most people, so it shouldn't count for Luffy and Guts either.
>>
>>159649135
I understand you have a shitty father who rapes you every day and a very harsh life but try to understand not everyone is like that.
>>
>>159649735
He trains after he isekaid. Literally have an advantage and have multiple wives. Guts have to really suffer. You tenseifans are becoming more and more arrogant.
>>
>>159649758
yes he did
>>
>>159649800
I don't see how any of that invalidates his hard work, ESL-kun.
>>
>>159649790
I said that for the harem. Lufy and guts showed why they should be trusted and liked. Rudi got his harem because he's the best at first.
>>
>>159649800
Again does having a harem automatically makes a person OP?
>>
>>159649800
>He trains after he isekaid
Yes, because the story is about redemption.

>Literally have an advantage
You mean his "otherworld knowledge" shit?
Luffy got a magical fruit as a child, and didn't start training until after that.

>You tenseifans are becoming more and more arrogant.
Careful with that edge.
>>
Anime when?
>>
>>159649864
Because harem is better than you and will like you no matter what. Please tell ne something Rudi did thag actually make him deserve his harem. So far from what I've read, he really didn't deserve any of them.
>>
>>159649800
>You tenseifans are becoming more and more arrogant.
people said the same shit when I defend One Piece. I didn't care then I don't care now that I'm defending this. Just retards that think genre determines overall quality without reading the damn thing.
>>
>>159625381
The author knew how to write male characters.
Paul, Zanobo, Ruijerd were great. All the parts with Paul are the most memorable parts of the story for me.

>>159649906
I could see a season of it coming in the future. Probably 13 episodes ending at the part right after they meet Orsted.

>>159649954
I'm sure those 5 chapters you read were very informative.
>>
>>159649977
If you said One Piece is the best shonen you should be shit on.
>>
>>159650010
Then please tell me oh great one.
>>
>>159650036
I said it was a good shounen, but if it isn't than why are offended when I compare it to MT?
>>
>>159649906
I would hope soon.
Apparently Shield Hero is MF Books's first anime adaptation (or so I heard), so it's possible we may get an adaptation after that, if it turns out Shield Hero's LN sales spike.
>>
>>159649800
The only one being arrogant and kept on shitting up this whole thread with you projections is you man. Being an indonesian subhuman probably is at fault here as well but keep it down a little.
>>
>>159650066
>please spoon feed me
No, if you didn't fucking read it, don't pretend you did.
>>
>>159649906
hopefully never

bad enough to deal with the retards when the manga came out
>>
>>159650084
Because it's so much better than MT. Like comparing a cheap chocolate with shit. It doesn't matter if the chocolate isn't the best because shit is still going to be shit.
>>
Post rare Mushokus
>>
>>159650131
According people that don't actually read the series they're both shit because one is a Isekai series and the other is a battle shounen.

they might as well be the same thing as far as people like you are concern
>>
File: Zanoba.jpg (29KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Zanoba.jpg
29KB, 300x420px
>>159650150
There was probably something written in the web novel about Zanobo's appearance, but I always thought he looked exactly like this but purple and I'm not sure why. Something about pale skin maybe.
>>
>>159648328
You must have missed the part where Paul sat in taverns getting dead-ass drunk while waiting for family news.
>>
>>159650307
Are you Seriously conparing them to each other? Rudy literally jerked off to pics of his niece in the bathtub who was a little kid. Paul after sesrching for his family so long became depressed and got drunk a lot but still took good care of the daughter who was with him.
>>
File: 1499222362931.png (81KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499222362931.png
81KB, 400x225px
wew I left for a while but Sasuga can't wait till the anime threads once if it gets announced.

>>159650150
For you anon, though no rares.
>>
>>159650449
>Rudy literally jerked off to pics of his niece in the bathtub who was a little kid.
This was actually retconed in the LN version.
Now it's just regular, uncensored porn.

That said, Paul did rape his mentor's daughter. (who later became his maid and mistress)
>>
>>159650588
She didn't seem particularly mad about it.
>>
>>159650651
which is another comparison to Rudi

getting away with harem anyway despite the bullshit.
>>
>>159650651
She was pretty mad at first. But I guess she got over it cause Paul is just that hot.
She ended up going to become his maid, in order to hold the past as blackmail over him.
But she ended up getting wet and seducing him, because Paul is just hot.
>>
>>159650736
which makes Paul an OPMC
>>
>>159650588
That's like saying I'm the same as a Chad. I'm not the same as a Chad. I am jerking off to anime porn, and Chad is raping girls. Even though one of those things is inherently less sinful, in the eyes of society Chad is a more desirable organism.
>>
>>159648460
>Only because the author want to justify the hate for the father.
Retard. God, nothing shitty can happen to a character and they have to act entirely like saints for you to think the author wants you to empathize with them, huh.
>>
>>159650736
>getting away with harem anyway
Uh no. Rudi's mom acted like a normal human. Paul didn't keep fucking the meido and only kept his marriage together as an extension of the protagonist's plot armor harem bullshit.
Rudi doesn't rape girls, he doesn't even fuck girls without marrying them. He tips his fedora and such and gets impotence from a bad lay. He only has multiple wives because they'd clamored to get his protagonist-infused dick.
>>
Lets just say it like it is. MC is a perverted obese NEET that got reincarnated to a handsome father that's good at sword fighting and a mother that's good at magic. MC then is also good at magic and is a fucking pervert. People outside of MC social circle is one note and not important. The characters aren't particularly interesting and the story isn't good nor interesting. There's no moral to be learned and you actually lose precious just reading it. Tell me the reason you guys actually read this shit and is actually liking it.
>>
Why do NEET MCs have to be self-inserts can't a writer make a NEET character just because it's easily to make them flawed and relatable underdogs that way?

I mean suddenly series NHK and Watamote are self-insert fantasies because "they're not perfect superhumans"
>>
>>159651029
wait I'm confused
so he's a bad character because he DOESN'T rape girls?
>>
>>159651092
He's a self-insert because he doesn't rape girls.
>>
>>159651168
seems legit
>>
>>159651056
You're ignoring context and self-parody. Neither of those two things have the protagonists being successful, making tons of friends, tons of lovers, being skilled, in what basically amounts to the exposition.

stop being deliberately stupid.
>>
>>159651053
>People outside of MC social circle is one note and not important. The characters aren't particularly interesting and the story isn't good nor interesting.

this is completely wrong see >>159629547 best part of the series is its side characters all of them better than Rudi in fighting skills personality and arcs
>>
>>159646964
Why are people who haven't finished reading the story even talking about the future events like they know about them and especially from the manga which is barely vol5 and skips tons of stuff?

I don't really like the changes from WN also. Mercenary troupe didn't assault the beast village. I have no idea why they needed to add that, most important aspect there was showcasing the village, the dog, and meeting Gisu who is Hotogami's apostle.
>>
>>159651381
How long did it take this shit to be written. Maybe after the author used his newfound money to get a life, take a writing class, and perhaps fuck a bitch or two, he decided to write stories about non self-inserts. That doesn't mean his original character wasn't.
You're viewing this piece unilaterally and from a complete perspective, when you should be viewing it linearly from an ongoing perspective.
>>
>>159651455
what does that have to do with the post you replied to?
>>
>>159651450
Wrong quote
>>
I think the anon broke down and keeps posting like a madman now.
>>
>>159651505
No much because I thought you were the anon saying Rudi isn't a self-insert because all the other people are better than him.
>>
>>159651455
Why are you jealous of the author so much?
>>
So Eris leaves him for a while? What for? They seem to be getting along pretty well as of the latest translated manga chapter.

Just want to have a heads up in case some shitty drama relating to her is coming.
>>
>>159651597
He isn't though? Why do you hate him so much ESL-kun?
>>
>>159651607
>u jealous?
>>
>>159651597
even then you didn't really prove that he is a self-insert just seemed to assert he might be
>>
>>159651648
I actually like him, but it's not like that doesn't make him not a self-insert. I'm simply giving you the truth, it's not my fault that it conflicts with your fragile ego.
>>
>>159651668
I can't prove gravity always works either.
>>
>>159647031
Be waiting for years for the manga to get to the beast tribe so could see Rudy casually freezing the entire forest to scare the shit out of the beast people and get to that point not even meantioned and worse faces a slave trader that was probably no stronger then Paul yet almost gets recked my him. FUCK!!!!!
>>
>>159651656
Can't see you rambling as anything else just look at your posts throughout this thread. At least try to hide it.
>>
>>159651381
How is that proving me wrong. I said outside of MC social circle.
>>
>>159651683
Triple negative fuck. I meant that it doesn't mean that he isn't a self-insert
>>159651716
I just entered this thread.
>>
Self insert is such a meme buzzword those who use it unironically should be gassed tbqh.
>>
>>159651720
How far outside the circle? I mean there's the three Sword gods, Eris's friends, the Dragon race, the Demon kings, Hitogami, Laplace, Ariel and Luke.

Those characters tend to be more interesting than Rudi as well. Each with their own arcs and developments that changes the world as much as Rudi.
>>
>>159651777
throw it in with the rest of the words /a/ throws around without much thought to series they don't like.
>>
It's a shame the author ended this series prematurely with so many loose ends.
>>
>>159651777
It's a word that only became a buzzword because of the rising popularity of these exact types of manga. Some of it's first usages on /a/ were about this same exact shit.
>>
>>159651668
You should prove why he isn't a self-insert. MC is a neet that is reincarnated as a cute boy to a somewhat good family. He has a harem of wives that love him unconditionally. He have good friends that also like him. He was OP as a child because of his superior adult reading and comprehension skills. Everone that isn't him doesn't get as much sympathy from other characters as him. His legacy is so great until everyobe knows of him.
>>
>>159651851
It's a word that literally started being used because of Mushoku Tensei.
>>
>>159651926
Truly the best isekai.
>>
>>159651822
Maybe along the lines of personally knowing the MC.
>>
>>159651913
>He was OP as a child because of his superior adult reading and comprehension skills
>Everone that isn't him doesn't get as much sympathy from other characters as him
At least get the facts right.
>>
>>159652036
He learns magic fast because he was an adult.
>>
>>159651637
After getting their shit pushed in by Orsted, she thinks she's holding him back since he's the only one to get a hit in while she got fucked in 2 seconds. She then fulfilled their promise to fuck him and then left immediately afterward in the middle of the night, causing Rudy to think she really didn't want to and hated him. This results in Rudy becoming impotent until his elf-waifu (who was pretending to be a man) drugs him at hogwarts and fucks his brains out.
>>
>>159651913
Speaking of sympathy even the fatty Asura minister was being loved by the water god. Its how hitogami used her. I really enjoyed the cast of characters in MT, shame about the MC.
>>
>>159651637
She wants to be stronger.
She's idolized Rudy all this time, but after a near-death experience, and seeing Rudy's resolution to prepare for the future, she misinterprets his actions, thinking that Rudy is training to become stronger. And when they finally do have sex, she also realizes that despite being smart and powerful, Rudy's body is still weak, and he needs someone to protect him, even if right now he's stronger.

So she runs off to train under the Sword King, hoping to come back when she's done. Only problem is that she's bad with words, and thought Rudy would try to stop her (to take all the burden on himself), so she decided to leave a note that she's "Going on a journey", without explaining everything.
As a result, Rudy misunderstands, and feels that she abandoned him, because she didn't explain herself properly.
>>
Oh wow. All of you MTfags are actually as bad as rezerofags.
>>
>>159652266
The thread was going nicely in the beginning but looks like the ESL keeps baiting more and more people.
>>
>>159651913
First I need to know what the fuck a self-insert is. Definition keeps moving around a lot. When asked for series that don't quality you give me series like Berserk where the MC only suffers and nothing good happens very often which makes the ones that are qualified being mech, battle shounens, comedies, harems, mahou shoujo, fantasy, space opera, etc. Very broad and doesn't say much about quality. Then there's why MT itself is a self-insert. Because he is a NEET yet has friends, family, and a harem. You also say that he is super intelligent and good at everything which I keep reminding you is completely false. As for the others it also goes board because there's several NEET MCs, entire genre of MCs with harems (literally harem genre), and most protagonists have friends, besides harem those are usually the criteria of your standard underdog character than a "self-insert" unless they are the same damn thing it's your buzzword. He doesn't overshadow any of the other characters as is reminded they're all protagonists in their own right lot of them more OP and loved by all than Rudi is.

>>159651926
no it was started when talking about "mary-sue" (another word that lost all meaning) in that usage it was made to talk about how the AUTHOR injecting him/herself into the story, not the audience because the audience imagining themselves as the character is more along the lines of "relatability" and "immersion"

>>159651965
Jino is a battle shounen protag that crushed the Sword god that Rudi couldn't even hope to defeat and the North God a person that even when Rudi went all out with his power armor and everything he still couldn't defeat. He did all this because his childhood friend confessed to him.
>>
>>159652300
Praising the series for its genius writing that any other series cannot even compare while having everyone else agree with you like an echo chamber isn't going nicely.
>>
>>159652431
>genius writing
kek nobody is even pretending doing that.
>>
>>159652431
I think that accusation is bullshit, where is a post showing that?

I mean we compared it to other Isekai, but that's Isekai Konosuba is better though
>>
>>159652431
The writing is amateurish my man, however I will still shill it to high heavens as the best harem series I've read thats for sure, binged it in a week a while ago. Need more translations.
>>
>>159652431
Echo Chambers only get worse when the opposition decides to make outragous claims without anything to back it up.

One anon is spewing shit out of his ass, after admitting to only reading a couple chapters, and other people are only correcting them. Is it really an echo chamber when someone claims the Earth is flat, and everyone else points out how that's wrong?
>>
>>159625381
>Some meta level self-insertion right here
Yeah, sure mate. Go and grow-up before talking.
>>
>>159652493
>the series is actually good because all side characters are great better than any series
>MC isn't OP and not a self-insert. the author manage to make the MC into a growing character better than mist author
>almost everyone like him because why not and that's genius because he is a flawed character and he suffers so much
>compare to Berserk and One Piece, this is so much better
>>
>>159652635
0/10
>>
>>159652635
Oh forgot about the harem stuff
>gets harem because all the girls are great girls and MC is a great guy that constantly evolving as a character. that's genius writing
>>
>>159652635
why do you hate reading /a/non?
>>
>>159652380
> because the audience imagining themselves as the character is more along the lines of "relatability" and "immersion"
Holy shit you need to grow up. Stop playing make believe. that's what it is no matter how diplomatically you try to say it. It's reserved for 12 year-olds and middle-aged women reading trashy romance novels on the beach.
Author-insert is different, but both are true in MT's case.
>>
>>159652784
>reading
Read a real book and not a web novel.
>>
>>159652431
I think people are just tired of that one Indonesian subhuman who also keeps falseflagging and shitting up the thread whenever its up.

But don't mind me I'm enjoying the autism. There was also a time when 2 retards went for it a couple of days about time travel and so on. They literally didn't sleep, shit was hilarious the thead just kept on giving.
>>
>>159652855
you can't even read an internet thread
>>
>>159648172
What was the reasoning behind him doing that again?
>>
>>159653067
>>159649060
>>
>>159652117
>>159652208

Can't wait. What do you thinkwhen it will be occur?
>>
>>159652564
I still think that inserting creating a harem really brought down the series.
Although changing that would require rewriting the future's diary chapters.
Well, I did find Zanoba's and Cliff scenes pretty enjoyable.
>>
Anyone know what else the Author is working on right now or his plans for the sequel?
>>
>>159656739
Apparently he finished working on the Laplace prequel arc a few months ago.
>>
File: 39286658.jpg (258KB, 1201x1703px) Image search: [Google]
39286658.jpg
258KB, 1201x1703px
>>159650150
Some of pre-LN fan art is pretty entertaining.

Not sure about the glowing dick in the background, but I like the way characters are portrayed there.
>>
>>159629547
He's also creepy fat otaku.
The series is disgusting.
>>
>>159630089
Agreed. Learn Japanese for porn like those autistic weebs on /htg/.

>>159632668
>what is sub
>>
>>159658269
Those guys all use MTL like the cucks they are.
>>
>>159648406
It does happen, but they rushed the encounter quite a bit.
>>
>>159650285
I always imagined him as having a buzzcut, the face and glasses are pretty close to what I thought though.
>>
Eris is best gril
>>
>>159660553
Ariel is better.
>>
>>159627796
He already got engaged to princess as main wife, now he can focus on getting as many concubines as he wants.
And i think maid was lower nobility or something.
>>
>>159660614
I'm not really that much into strange fetishes/plays.
>>
>>159660918
>not liking Ariel pissing herself
>>
>>159626211
But Medaka was designed to just be a plot device, the other characters like Zenkichi were the actual people who made the actual plot happen
>>
>>159626674
Real women are bitches without thinking, they don't plan out being manipulative it just comes naturally to them
>>
>>159626743
>At least the artist didn't remind us he's fat ugly trash this chapter.
But he never was.
>>
>>159656739
Before that there's still heaven continent arc which he'll most likely write.

After being done with Laplace spinoff he also finished one of those short insane stories he likes to write when he's taking breaks, this time i remember it was "The room which is impossible to leave unless you become number 1 rank at a novel admission site' Never read it myself though In the announcements said he was discussing some things about the loop mechanic with his pals at narou while messing around and after some shenanigans he decided to write this short story, comments seem positive. Looks like comedy/horror/meta stuff.

Mostly though he's incredibly busy with the LN version and publication. He may even add additional volumes like that new one describing MCs adventures before he came to sharia.
>>
>>159660823
>engaged to used-goods princess
eww
>>
>>159661412
MTfags are more delusional than Asukafags
>>
>>159661278
Its the difference in mentality pretty much.
>>
>>159627796
whats this from?
>>
>>159661278
>it just comes naturally to them
I think it's a learned behavior passed down through generations of ever-increasing bitchiness (originating in the west). Like I bet Pocahontas wasn't that bitchy.
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.