[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your unpopular anime opinions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
I'll start: Steins;Gate was mediocre, but this show was pretty good (even if I hated it everytime the boob girl was on screen).
>>
>>159594218
>steins;gate
>mediocre

would you care to elaborate?
>>
>>159596373
story plodded about, didn't care for the characters too much except for red hair girl, the weird loops on the "tu-ta-roos" girl's death didn't interest me, and a lot of the twists (like the shop owner, lol) felt unearned. can't say i hate it because the show had good direction and some intriguing story beats but as a whole it fell flat for me.
>>
I hear O;N was rushed like crazy though. I just bought volume 1 of the LN, and plan on buying the second volume as well
>>
>>159594218

O;N had a really nice artstyle and direction that carried the show
>>
>>159596913
it was certainly rushed, but i think the studio used this limitation and gave it a bit of charm. it seems like one of those shows where you're just supposed to let the show go even if a character says something too quickly for you to understand, and you just kinda collect information as you go (like the quick flashes of text in the monogatari series, for example). the only time the show truly feels rushed is in the last minutes of the final episode, which wrap up without any time to spare.
>>
>>159597172
I'll probably read the LN first then see the anime then.
>>
>>159597008
Yes kinda like durara
>>
>>159594218
Dude I literally TRIED.

Occultic nine was garbage. I tried to get into it man I really did.
>>
>>159598109
what made you drop it?
The tits
The fast talking
The MC
Other
>>
>>159594218
Man I agree, I dropped Steins;gate and Occultic;nine instead managed to be one of my favourite series from the previous year. I thought the direction was fantastic and god, the scenes with the pale white-boy, haunt me because of how well they were directed. Hell, most of the frightening scenes in Occultic;nine could easily be placed above most horror anime due to how well-directed they were. Additionally, the opening was one of the greatest openings of the previous year too. A lot of people complained that there was too much information being crammed into the show, especially during the first episode, but I really loved the sense of chaos it created - a fine example of this being when hundreds of victims were being uncovered from the lake, and the journalists were all cramming to report it.
>>
>>159598722

I CAN'T COMMIT A CRIME SINCE I'M A MINOR
>>
File: otn_still_04_008.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
otn_still_04_008.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
>>159598722
yeah the opening scenes with all the news rushing in hooked me instantly, and the reveal that goes on later with the reporter (i think?) woman as she flashbacks to that scene just adds complexity. it completely changes the initial interpretation of "they're so entrenched in the news report they don't even notice here" to "they don't notice her because she had already died."
>>
>>159594218
thats not an opinion, that entire bullshit and you know it

occultic:0/10
steins:11/10
>>
>>159594218
I liked the art style of the show.
It was comfy.
>>
>>159596373
>wanting someone to elaborate a bait post
why?
>>
>>159602708
>>159601824
>thinking this is a bait post
>>
>>159594218
steins; gate wasn't perfect but you have absolute shit taste if you think occultic; nine was even decent, its almost as bad as chaos head
>>
>>159594218
>Steins;Gate was mediocre, but I liked Occultic;Nine more even though the entire show felt like it was on 5 hour energy and kept bombarding you with exposition just to push its convoluted plot along

Occultic;Nine didn't even have a coherent ending, and was clearly the product of poor pacing which boggles my fucking mind considering how much bullshit they crammed into how many episodes they had. I fail to see how the direction made the show for you, OP. Since despite its supposed fantastic direction that makes your dick so rock hard, it fails miserably at basic fucking storytelling and execution. It spends nearly the entire first episode just introducing you to the characters and then expects you to stay tuned for the next episode cause that's when the plot will definitely start to push forward.

It never lets the audience rest for a single moment, every single second is a bombardment of dialogue and multiple cuts and shots just to make a scene more needlessly complicated. A majority the story is additional exposition and info dumping and the entire show crutches entirely on telling you instead of showing you. If something happens you can bet your ass someone in the show will explain it.

How can you praise the show for its direction when it had a rushed ending? If the direction was as good as you said, it would've been able to pace everything accordingly to the point where the story could have a satisfying conclusion. But instead it just crammed as much as it possibly could, and in the end the last episode was rushed as shit.

Does OP just enjoy it when a story is convoluted and contrived like Occultic;Nine's clusterfuck'd plot because he just thinks its deep and appeals to his intelligent thinking or something?

I don't give a shit about Steins;Gate, you can think it's not good. But saying that Steins;Gate pales in comparison to Occultic;Nine makes no fucking sense to me.
>>
>>159604545
>Does OP just enjoy it when a story is convoluted and contrived like Occultic;Nine's clusterfuck'd plot because he just thinks its deep and appeals to his intelligent thinking or something?

no, it was just a fun time throughout. if anything, i thought steins;gate was dull because it treated really basic concepts (how it treats time travel, mostly) like they're really complex and intricate, and meanwhile i'm sitting here like... yeah, i get it. maybe that's why i enjoyed the (much much) faster pace of o;n more. i mean, it doesn't do as good a job of linking together convoluted plot threads in a short amount of time as, say, baccano (a personal 10/10), but it makes up for it which engaging design and characters.

(also, unlike s;g, i actually grew to like the main character despite his obsessive otaku-y personality)
>>
>>159594218
The VAs must have made a fortune on this pile of crap.
>>
>>159594218
Episodes 3-14 of NGE were pretty shitty. The rest were great
>>
>>159604545
Steins;Gate it's pretty fucking slow, O;N is pretty fucking fast. At least you can see that things are happening, also the setting on O;N is more interesting.

I'm not OP tho
>>
>>159594218
i think the same anon, except the parts where the director was to pretentious, but some scenes are very neat
>>
>>159605636
fair enough
>>
Suzaku and Euphemia were best boy and girl respectively
>>
I found it impossible to take the show seriously as soon as the mc or boobgirl was on screen
>>
>>159594218
Steins;Gate was very well directed. That's its only real strength.
>>
File: 1499287994561.gif (179KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1499287994561.gif
179KB, 320x180px
>Doga Kobo's best anime is GJ-bu.
>Maidragon was KyoAni's best television series since Hyouka, if not Nichijou
>Toradora isn't emotionally impactful or engaging if you have literally any experience with romcom tropes
>Psycho-Pass was only good for the first cour
>>
Boobgirl made me drop the show.
It wasn't the only reason though, it was just the massive cowtits that broke the camel's back. What really got me off it was the exposition about how science is garbage.
>>
>>159594218
nichijou wasn't funny
>>
File: 1394734549925.png (267KB, 600x521px) Image search: [Google]
1394734549925.png
267KB, 600x521px
The anime industry is stronger than what it was 10 years ago, but the number of quality directors has decreased in the last 3-4 years.
>>
>>159608078
Pretty much this. boobies xd surpassed the permitted level of cringe.
>>
>>159594218
Oregairu is one of the worst shows to ever achieve high popularity.
>>
>>159610637
>Psycho-Pass was only good for the first cour
>unpopular opinions
>>
>>159604545
>How can you praise the show for its direction when it had a rushed ending?
People think having cool looking storyboards = directing
>>
>S;G was mediocre but this was good
Holy shit, this is the worst taste I've ever seen on /a/
>>
>>159594218
I liked more Eva TV series ending than EoE.
>>
>>159604545
>Occultic;Nine didn't even have a coherent ending, and was clearly the product of poor pacing which boggles my fucking mind considering how much bullshit they crammed into how many episodes they had.

I really hadn't thought about that until now, that a show that went as fast as it did still ended up with a rushed ending. I don't know if it's because the plot was too confusing to explain in a single episode or because the directing was too poor to handle plot points.
>>
>>159594218
mirai nikki was a good show at least 8/10
>>
>>159594218
LoGH is trash.
>>
I thought Chobits was boring as fuck and dropped it by episode 7. The pacing is horrendously slow, and some of the interactions are painfully awkward.
>>
Anime is shit
>>
>>159615458
That's not unpopular.
>>
>>159594218
>>159594218
I don't like Nichijou very much, the way it does comedy barely tends to get a laugh out of me. It's not that it didn't make me laugh at all, but with 26 episodes I certainly hope it got me more.
>>
>>159594218
KonoSuba is not funny
>>
>>159594218
Diebuster is better than Gunbuster
>>
>>159594218
You're wrong.
>>
>>159610637
Hello, me.
How are you doing?
>>
MAL is actually a great site for documenting what you've watched, recommendations, and ratings.
/a/ is just good for pictures, shitposting, and fappin.
Even /tv/ has better anime discussions than /a/.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.