[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever received a warning from your ISP by torrenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 68.png (4KB, 461x58px) Image search: [Google]
68.png
4KB, 461x58px
Have you ever received a warning from your ISP by torrenting anime or other Japanese media products?

I feel like there isn't much of a risk, but with more and more shows getting picked up by big companies like Netflix and Amazon I'm worried about the future.
>>
I'm on Comcast and I've never gotten shit.
>>
>>159568103
I don't live in a shitty 3rd world country, so no.
>>
try not living in a totalitarian shithole
>>
>internet is the last bastion of democracy they said
>>
>>159568103
VPN, that will be the day I get one.
Unless some legitimate digital distribution service that allows you to download whatever you purchase to play in your media player of choice pops up out of the blue with good quality, no intrusive DRM, and no hardcoded subtitles.
But chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim is out of town.
>>
>>159568173

When I had the Xfinity shit, I got a message and fine warning from Comcast twice. I was on Nyaa & Kickass Torrents.

>>159568103

I've had Verizon fios for 3 months now, compared to Comcast I haven't received any warnings from my ISP.
>>
When I had verizon they didn't send jack shit to me, and I was torrenting all sorts of shit even from shitty websites like Kickasstorrents and thepiratebay. Once I switched to Suddenlink they sent me a notice within the first week. For anime they only ever sent the notice because I used nyaa, they never bothered when I would only torrent straight from Horriblesubs though which I found interesting.
Either way if you do get those warnings just use a VPN or seedbox and you'll be fine.
>>
>>159568221
I live in a shitty 3rd world country and I am offended by this.
>>
No, because I'm streaming lel.
>>
My country don't give a fuck about me pirating anything unless it's from our country, so I never get that.
>>
>>159568314
This
>>
I have xfinity/comcast and have never gotten a notice and I've had them for a long, long time. I don't think they care especially since I'm paying out the ass for it because pseudo monopoly down here in Texas. There's not much competition other than AT&T who are in bed with comcast ironically.
>>
>>159568103
I feel like this is an American thing. Never heard of it happening here in Australia.
>>
No, because I live in Brazil
>>
>>159568221
Please, if anything 3rd world countries are the less likely to be cucked by corporations in this way.
>>
>>159568103
Germanistan here, not once in ~15 years have I received any such thing
>>
>>159568103
Australian ISP doesn't give out warnings for anything, government doesn't have the balls to do anything because average families are doing it. They did pass a website blocking law, but only a DNS block on sites like pirate bay has happened, easy to get around.
>>
>>159568103
I am downloading since 2002 or something and I always download at least 13 series per season - they don't give a flying fuck if you're not Japanese.
>>
>>159569426
Yeah well it makes sense, we don't have the licensing here me thinks. The stuff that does get a release is probably put out by companies that can't be bothered or don't have the money to hire lawyers in the first place. For all the shit that you get when torrenting music here, anime seems to be 100% save in Germania, especially the stuff that airs.
>>
>>159569353
>Never heard of it happening here in Australia

You're lucky, my little brother downloaded a pc version of call of duty world at war couple of years back and my mother claims she got an email from the isp saying to stop what you're doing, we looked, from activision, but the name of the dude who sent it was chinese as fuck.

You can be hit anywhere, but really its of little consequence, he just doesn't download torrents from unknown Philippino websites and sticks strictly to skidrow and reads comments carefully.

He fucking better because I have full ownership of the internet now, unlike mother who just banned him from the internet I'll break his fucking laptop the little cunt
>>
I've torrented a shitton of Japanese music from home and nothing's ever happened. I also use the internet at college and starbucks to download anime, books and adobe products with no reprecussions so far.

I don't like going to Starbucks that much but they have the fastest free internet in the US.
>>
>>159569543
Companies do not have the ability to send you letters DIRECTLY, they get send through your ISP. Basically the company hires people to put together a list of IPs that are downloading said files on said websites and then looks what ISP the IP belongs. They send the letter to your ISP, which in return sends them to you if they feel like it.
The name being Chinese doesn't matter, at all. The exception would be a lawsuits where the ISP is forced to give out name and address but that doesn't happen that much. Mostly when for example DDL sites are shut down.

The only way to get caught while torrenting is to have someone sit in the stream and write down the IPs. You can do the exact same thing but you can obviously not do anything with them.
>>
>>159569426
>>159569530
Another German here, I can agree.
Anime isn't a big business here like America with Netflix and stuff. The only dangerous thing here is downloading German BD/DVD versions of anime but nobody fucking wants that. First of all they only get relased ages later when nobody gives a shit about those series anymore and they don't have any extras aside from the dub, and nobody needs dubs.
>>
>>159568103
Torrenting is the best way to go down if you're in europe, know someone who never download anything illegal because muh morals, he installed utorrent for something quick and got a warning. And here I am, downloading a shitload of series each seasons without warning or anything
>>
File: 2507572.png (107KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
2507572.png
107KB, 380x400px
>what is encryption and proxy
They can't send you a warning if they don't know you're torrenting, you stupid fucks
>>
>>159568221
Shitty 3rs world countries have more important shit to care about like drugs and shit.
>>
>>159569846
Depends on the country, here in Germany they literally crucify your asshole if you get caught downloading music or audiobooks. Music rights here are more important than anything else.
>>
>>159568103
Czechfag here.
The only time I've ever got "warning" was for Hateful Eight last year.
Never got any for Japanese media though.
Also I would like to know how the warnings look like in other countries.
My ISP just sent a mail with "these assholes noticed your ip torrenting this file, piece out".
>>
>>159569846
Most of these warnings are illegal. They're made by lawyer fags who get rich by sending tons of letters to random people who pay because they're scared. Never pay for that shit even if you actually downloaded stuff.
I know a few people who got such random letters, they just put them into the trash can and those fuckers never contacted them anymore.

In most of these cases the lawyers themselves were the ones who uploaded the files to see the IPs which is why they won't start an actual lawsuit or else they'll found be guilty themselves.
>>
>>159568221
Dumbass, 3rd world countries are piracy heaven. Here we have stores where people legally sell pirated BDs and DVDs.
>>
>>159568221
You got it backwards
>>
>>159568103
Never got a warning, though I get throttled after a point.
>>
File: 1479871820465.jpg (29KB, 281x440px) Image search: [Google]
1479871820465.jpg
29KB, 281x440px
>>159568103
There's only 1 ISP in Australia that does that and I'm not with them.
>>
>>159569987
The same I would think. Basically your ISP doesn't care what you do, they only care for your money which is why they leave you alone or sometimes even tell the companies to fuck off. Though that is certainly a rare one.
>>
>>159570077
Is it Telstra?
>>
No, I use IPVanish
>>
>>159570410
TPG, been with Telstra for 2 years no emails or letters yet.
>>
>>159568103
Our 3rd world shithole ISPs have more important shit to pay attention to, like being complete fucking jews, than giving a shit about what we download.
>>
File: 1467218753925~01.png (129KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467218753925~01.png
129KB, 800x1000px
>>159568221
Fucking idiot, you won't get any lawsuit in most 3rd world countries for pirating literally anything.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-07+at+02.34.08).png (3KB, 259x136px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-07+at+02.34.08).png
3KB, 259x136px
leaf here

haven't got any warnings yet
>>
>>159569960
Depends on what you're downloading. Our politicians are too old to even know what anime and fansubbing or CR is so you're 100% save loading HS or other subs of current anime.
>>
>>159571000
I specifically said
>get caught downloading music or audiobooks
>>
>>159570956
>2TB total downloads

What is this, your first year watching anime?
>>
>>159571119
new PC

old externals died on me. RIP 6 TB of archived anime, music and hentai
>>
>>159571111
Yeah well this is another thing. I always just use DL or russian sites for that. Honestly, German websites never have the music I want anyway.
>>
>>159568103
I'm in Romania. I doubt they even know what anime is. If they do, they won't care it's pirated. True story: I was called to a police station to install Windows XP on some new computers. They gave me the pirated CD so I could install it.
>>
>>159570014
Not in my city. Our Chief Inspector made it illegal to openly sell those things.
>>
>>159568103
got one for torrenting an old hollywood film, before they started suing everyone
>>
>>159568103
I was about to download SAO but they called me and warned me that it was shit, so I cancelled it.
>>
>>159571240
why would they call you? was it an average install cd?
>>
>>159568103
I have a seedbox
>>
>>159568103
Comcast always sends warnings/notice about something. Don't care and have ignored it. 2+ year coming
>>
Any Cablevisionfags or Floridafags here that have or haven't gotten hit? Moving there next month, and I'd like to know out of curiosity.
>>
>>159568103
Never gotten a warning or fine from Time Warner. Hopefully Charter doesn't fuck that up for me.
>>
>>159570014
>>159569912
>>159569388
he means America you idiots
>>
>>159571344
At the time I was working for an IT company. Among our services we offered instalation of OS. Yes, it was an verage install but the law requires that government run institutions to have legal operating systems (and software) on their workstation. No government institution obey that law.
>>
>>159572104
I got a warning from Charter for Gintama in 2011. Nothing since then, but I'm on a vpn now.
>>
>>159571240
everybody torrents here, EVERYBODY
even the cops and the ISP
the people too dumb to do it themselves or too deep in legal shit (lawyers) have somebody else do it for them
literally nobody buys shit
>>
>>159568103
Yes.
Cox can go fuck themselves, they have a monopoly where I live though. I only use private trackers now.
>>159568221
It's not about the country, it's about your ISP. I'm in burgerland.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.