[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wangan Midnight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

I really liked Initial D stages 1-3, should I watch the Wangan Midnight anime? I haven't read the manga, but have watched the live-action movie and have played the arcade games.
>>
>>159482733
If you're /o/ enough you'll love it
>>
>>159482814
Nice, yeah I'm an /o/ regular.

From the arcade games and the movie, it definitely does seem like an interesting premise.
>>
>>159482733
The movie is basically the series compacted.
And the series is really fucking boring. If you stopped at Stage 3 of Initial D, you'll probably expect Wangan Midnight to be somewhat simialr but it isn't - it's more like the later stages, where races just happen.
Also someone crashes literally every episode trying to turn, and none of the winning driving is down to having ebin toogay skills, it's all about having the fastest car.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-06-05h43m07s847.png (404KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-06-05h43m07s847.png
404KB, 720x551px
>>159483239
Oh I see, that's kind of disappointing.

I stopped a third of the way through Stage 5 because it got too shit in my opinion. Stage 4 was barely tolerable.
>>
>>159482733
...wangan is about a kid that buys a car that is tuned to the point that only a professional driver can control it and because of that, it killed two of the previous owners and the mc keeps crashing it til he has to rebuild the car from scratch. unlike takumi, the mc actually works on his car and puts in the effort to learn about his car. there's a lot of drama, but it's drama that is welcomed. unlike in initial d, where the majority of the cast, especially all of the girls, are superfluous, at best. which the ending made very apparent. games are good too, from the ps2 game to the arcade games.
>>
>>159482733
It's a pretty good one. Pretty much as >>159483841 said.
Instead of toegay drifto it's topspeed running. Main cars are that Datsun and a Porsche 911. It's always when racing against the Porsche when the Datsun crashes.
>>
>>159485466
Is there a guy with an american car that BTFOs them on the straights yelling "NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT", then promptly crashes the moment turning is required?
>>
>>159485604
Not that I can remember but there are R32 Skylines and also a Testarossa. But ofcourse main car of the show power makes the Datsun and the Porsche the fastest no matter what.
>>
I've only read a bit of the manga, but it's basically the opposite of Initial D. In Initial D, the races themselves are what you read the series for and the plot is usually just an excuse to set them up. Wangan Midnight is more about the circumstances surrounding the race, so the races themselves don't get the same amount of detailed focus.

You know that one volume of Initial D, 15 or 16, that's about Takumi's girlfriend? The one where the only "races" were Takumi chasing down her Sugar Daddy and him giving her a ride for the first time, but neither were really given the technical descriptions that most races have? It's kind of like that.
>>
On the bright side, the first 6 Initial D games are all fully emulatable (under certain conditions) and Wangan 4 is on the verge of emulation.
>>
File: WM23.webm (3MB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
WM23.webm
3MB, 704x396px
it's good really and the technical explanations are on point.

But the development is horrible and it has random timeskips.

t. Mechanic and E55 AMG owner.
>>
Nice, a super rare Wangan Midnight thread!

>>159482733
Yes, fucking watch it. Don't expect Initial-D though, it's a different kind of experience.
Good fucking luck finding subs also.
>>
>>159488602

If he wants to go full pleb, there's on YT.
>>
File: WM17.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WM17.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 1463832011382.png (389KB, 515x471px) Image search: [Google]
1463832011382.png
389KB, 515x471px
>>159488292
>t. Mechanic and E55 AMG owner.
>Mercedes
>>
>>159488292
>E55 AMG owner
Nice. How much of a pain in the ass is it to maintain?
>>159489022
SCOTTY BE GONE
>>
>>159489022

Scotty pls.

>>159489108

Not much really, i got lucky finding a rust-free one and the engine was intact.

My only problems were the front brakes, which cost me my balls.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.