[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching Anime illegaly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 51

File: wat.png (717KB, 739x815px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
717KB, 739x815px
SO....

What do you guys think about this?

Is watching releases on streaming site "illegal"?
Is downloading subbed version on HorribleSubs "illegal"?

Personally, i think that if they down want people to watch it online, they should make it either more available to people outside of Japan or just dont charge 30 bucks for 3 episodes

I´f i´d wait for BD´s to be realeased here in germany i´d have to wait for months, sometimes even years. we dont even get all of them here.
And since german dub is gruesome, i cant even begin to watch that without thinking about suicide.
>>
>Is watching releases on streaming site "illegal"?
>Is downloading subbed version on HorribleSubs "illegal"?
Not where I live.
>>
Nips watch anime for free on TV
Im just leveling the playing field
Paying to watch anime is retarded and anticonsumer
>>
Nah, they can go fuck themselves. They chose to ignore the western market for decades, and have cultivated the Jap market to fucking absurd price points. Let them burn.
>>
Why does neither the stupid idiot that wrote this piece nor the anime "insider" know what a torrent is?
>>
>>159418101
>ellipses
>reddit spacing
The best way to watch anime is download fansubs and buy BDs/official merch. Paying any western subscription services is a waste and doesn't help anime at all. They should have never raised BD prices again after they lowered them, it's expensive as fuck to pay $250 just on BDs for a seasonal show.
>>
It doesn't hurt anything if you pirate anime.
>>
File: 1452852846695.jpg (67KB, 667x727px) Image search: [Google]
1452852846695.jpg
67KB, 667x727px
>>159418101
You know, if there was a SmartTV app à la Netflix that allowed you to watch subbed anime as they air in Japan, I'd watch it legally. I'd even be willing to pay for it, if the price isn't ridiculous (somewhere south of €15 a month).

Get to work on it, Crunchyroll. Do it in multiple languages (subbing isn't that hard, right?) and you can reach normies around the world for profit.
>>
>>159418101
I don't consider watching airing anime as illegal, because there are many free legal methods of watching it in Japan.

However, streaming past shows is definitely illegal. Buy that shit or pay like everyone else has to in order to watch them legally.
>>
>>159418101
The downloading I do nets no-one any advertising revenue, so no pirates profit from me. I buy DVDs and Blu-rays of the shows I like - which is quite a bit, actually, so the industry does see income from what I watch.

And if I can't download or otherwise sample for free, there's not a chance I'm shelling out the high price they're asking.
>>
>>159418221
Or adblockers for that matter
>>
>>159418235
>Paying any western subscription services is a waste and doesn't help anime at all.
It kind of does, assuming the service is legal. Those involved in Japan get paid royalties, right? Perhaps not as much as when you'd buy the BDs straight from Japan, but that's a Japanese problem considering they're not interested in foreign markets at all (unless it's shit like Dragonball). And I'm sorry, but I'm not going to blow a hundred dollaridoos on a single fucking BluRay that only has two episodes on it and maybe a five minute bonus clip. That's a business model I just can't get behind.
>>
If you want to support the creators, buy merchandise. FLCL and Gurren-Lagann were funded on the sales of Asuka figurines.

It's easier to convince people to buy merchandise than overpay for shitty low episode BD's they actually can't physically own because it's easily reproducible and digital IP. Crunchy is shit too.

Kemono Friends is a horrible anime to stand on the pulpit and condemn anime pirates to fire and brimstone. It was made on a shoestring and massively exceeded expectations due to meme status. Without the ability to pirate the anime fewer people would have got on board.
>>
>>159418461
Buying a $5 piece of merch from japan helps the series infinitely more than paying 100 years CR subscription
>>
>>159418461
>Those involved in Japan get paid royalties, right
Don't let CR and the rest of those scum fool you. The creators get fucking nothing. Buying a single shirt is worth infinitely more.
>>
File: hqdefault (10).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (10).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>159418101
>What do you guys think about this?
Fuck 'em. Every last one of 'em.
>>
>>159418101
>anime DVD and Blu-ray sales have declined by 6.1% since 2015 in Japan

But I was never part of the demographic that bought DVDs and Blu-rays in the first place, so I shouldn't be blamed for their decline in the first place by torrenting anime.
>>
>>159418101

Without piracy I would've never gotten into anime in the first place. And this would've been true for others as well.
The hype and fanbase around certain shows would've small to non-existent, leading to less people discovering and watching these shows. And some of these people might have been legitimate viewers.

Sure not all people end up buying stuff related to the show, but that's not the point. The point is that you probably gained more than you lost.
I'm sure Horriblesubs has gained CR more subscriptions than is has cost them.

Even I have bought manga after watching certain shows. Something I certainly would not have done if it wasn't for piracy.

I understand that they can't outright approve of piracy. But stop making it out to be this big boogeyman that's killing the industry. They should just silently condone it.

In short, piracy is like advertisement. Ads cost money and piracy leads to losses, but for both of them you gain more than you lose.
>>
File: DBUB2IoVYAARED7.jpg (36KB, 457x432px) Image search: [Google]
DBUB2IoVYAARED7.jpg
36KB, 457x432px
>>159418499
>fuck´em
>>
They wouldn't get any money from me anyway whether or not I pirate. Not at the price they're charging and not for crunchy roll's translation quality.
>>
Any ideas to destroy CR?

Like masive rip-offs or something like that
>>
>>159418101
>even thinking about watching your chinese cartoons "legally" after all these exclusivity bullshit with Fate/Apocrypha and other shows
>>
>>159418510
Also to add, I used to buy anime merch from Amiami a few years ago, but the import tax fees is too big (sometimes adding more than half the expense of what I bought) so I had to stop doing it eventually.
>>
>>159418150
tv isn't free but i get what you're saying
>>
>>159418461
Buying one figure puts more into the industry than years of CR. And if you pay Funimation for anything they offer you're only empowering them to sell BD with SJW dubs and streams with eye cancer contrast and bitrates; and all funi does is toss chump change for licences.
>>
Anime is an advertisement for manga and merch
If you pay for anime you are paying to see an ad.
Think about that for a single second
>>
>>159418101
I come from the online pirate capital of the world. Their pleas are meaningless. This is who we are now.
>>
>>159418525

Because of the TPP, they have to proactively attack pirates or lose the right to their IP. So they're obligated to say shit.
>>
>>159418641
Except that is fucking retarded because if ads were anime I wouldn't use adblock.
>>
>>159418495
>>159418614
So how does this model work in the West? Why are Nip studios allowing themselves to get only chump change for their material? Is there some sort of pressure or do they really care this little about the Western market? (if it's the latter, then it's not really my problem. They're quite literally asking for it).

>Funimation SJW dubs
Fucking hell, don't get me started.
>Kobayashi whining about slut shaming
>That retarded jab at Gamergate in Prison School of all shows, the show that lives and dies with the "male gaze"
>>
I would pay and watch Crunchyroll.
But they don't allow streaming in my country.
So fuck them.
I will use HorribleSubs.
>>
>>159418101
My piracy doesn't matter, the Chinks have such massive shit taste their streaming revenue can probably keep anime afloat for at least another decade or two.
>>
>>159418544

Resurrect Genghis Khan and convince him to conquer all the islands in southeast asia

That is CR's stronghold. Not the West.
>>
Does buying anime on steam give revenue to the creators? I'd wager it's more benificial than paying for a subscription.
>>
>>159418101
The thing is, I want offline access to the unencrypted video file, to play at my own choice of player, renderer and interpolator. Since there is no legal service that offers this (besides waiting for overpriced and, more indigning, underpacked storage-wise blu-rays), then piracy is the only service that grants me my requests.

I mean, piracy is so easy and streamlined that even if a legal service offered that I still wouldn't pay for it, but that's not the point.
>>
>>159418461
>Perhaps not as much as when you'd buy the BDs straight from Japan
The problem is that companies don't count overseas sales. They literally remove them from Orcon. Any company that ships overseas, like CDJapan and Amazon, etc submits that it was sent overseas so that it doesn't count.

Sure, it does mean that money is changing hands, but when companies look at Orcon to gauge sales all the overseas sales don't come into it.

So if you really want to support anime you have to come to Japan and buy your stuff here, or have it bought by a proxy so it will count as being purchased in Japan.
>>
>>159418664
Well they are only pissing people off doing it.
Suddenly I dont feel like ever buying any kemonoshit stuff of any kind
>>
>>159418101
I stopped feeling bad for the anime industry when they blocked foreigners from buying the YOI bds. It's ridiculously popular outside Japan, and they still don't want our money so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
>>
>tries to watch anime legally with CR
>country blocked

Yeah nah I'll stick to buying plastic butts for support.
>>
>>159418679
Something is better than nothing for now, CR got a lot more faggots into anime, then the Nips will probably take it over by announcing their own services and shit like KyoAni Store. For now they are just kind of taking a loss for exposure in the west because they know very little people will pay what they're asking for BDs.
>>159418718
>buying anime on steam
This might actually be the absolute worst way to buy anime. Even worse than CR/Funi. There is absolutely zero "benefits" other than your friends list sees you're watching anime and the only people who would care about that are otacool faggots. The creators don't see shit and you don't even own it after you buy it. You're paying to rent it that you can only access online.
>>
>>159418718
Thats even worse than CR
>>
>>159418495
That's not unusual at all though.

The thing is that the money from royalties and the such generally go into companies that then fund the creation of anime series. So while your money doesn't go to the makers, it could mean that they will continue to have jobs.

The same goes for any anime purchases you make. Almost all the profits go into companies that fund anime series, the studios themselves get paid out for the show and don't get percentages of sales unless they actually hold some rights to the IP.
This does mean that usually whether the anime succeeds or flops doesn't matter in the short term to the studio itself, because they received their payment anyway. In the long term it could because they could lose contracts due to being shit.
>>
>>159418744
>fuck those gaijins even if they give us money they dont count, only japanese genes can assert the quality of anime and only their opinion matters!
This is the kind of racism I can get behind. I love it.
>>
I usually pirate anime and buy the manga of series that I really like. Fuck blu-ray. Way too expensive for a such a shit product. Their fault for making anime pretty inaccessible for years and years in the west; they really need to change their entire distribution model. Same way I feel about trying to keep up with sports without a cable subscription, fuck em.
>>
>>159418101
I am morally content with my method. I watch as much shit as I want for free then buy hundreds of dollars of figures, merch, and BDs every month.
>>
>>159418679
Sounds like you haven't seen Lucoa complaining about the patriarchy.
>>
>>159418879
>>159418679
link for the kobayashi stuff?
>>
>>159418679

FUNimation has prearranged agreements to companies to license batches of anime at low cost. Since FUNi is basically a monopoly, it can dictate the price and the nips either have to take it or leave it.

It guarantees the nips some money, versus the old system where companies would bid against each other for the top anime of the season but ignore other things. The old system was bad because companies would overbid for shows that sold poorly (like Geneon with Fate/stay night) or botch the release schedule so they wouldn't participate in the next season's shows without leveraging themselves. ADV, Geneon had a lot of debt when they died as did Bandai Entertainment (which borrowed from its parent Bandai USA). Because they would mortage their future to license new anime ahead of other companies, without investing the time to actually promote/release older things. The internet moved too fast for them and tastes faded fast.
>>
>>159418789
>you don't even own it after you buy it. You're paying to rent it that you can only access online.
Is CR different? I thought it was basically weeb netflix, which is exactly what you are describing.
>>
So, I could:

1. Just buy BD/DVDs off rightstuf

Watching shows from last year/two years ago and pay $200+ a year for the right to watch 4 shows

2. Subscribe to 4 streaming services and Netflix

Still have to wait on netflix shows and pay over $400 a year to have the right to watch 20 shows a year I'd actually like and 50 I never will.

3. Keep doing what I'm doing and watch all the shows I want.

lol some choice.
>>
If I could watch proper HD anime on television, with subtitles, I would. CR is crap quality and depends too much on DL speed.

If studios want gaijinbux, they should provide an incentive. For example, subtitles. How much could it cost to hire some undergrad with a decent grasp of English to half-ass a sub? It's not like fansubs are much better. It's already an expensive product, made more expensive by shipping, which could be damaged or confiscated during travel. The people watching anime illegally are largely the people that have no good reason to watch it legally.
>>
File: summer.png (1MB, 948x612px) Image search: [Google]
summer.png
1MB, 948x612px
>>
>>159418101

I have a premium crunchy roll account. If it's not on crunchyroll I'm going to steal it. Get fuckt.
>>
>>159418893
https://youtu.be/jccF_zPus6M?t=4m48s
>>
the other problem i have with the pricy anime industry is that you just have nothing of it here in the west.

Beucase society doesnt think its "okay"

Either you are an "autistic manchild who watched japanese comic shows for children"
OR
"An autistic manchild who like "hentai tentacle rape" shit japanese comic"

Thats also a reason to just watch it online. the only times normal store sell anime stuff is when a hype goes on with pokemon. that was the only real reason animestuff was sold here at the last few years
>>
>>159418929
>reddit bastardization of weeb
Stop posting this shit. CR is practically the same, they are both garbage. Buy BDs or official merch, there is no better way.
>>
>>159418101
Many people would actually buy BDs outside of Japan if they weren't so expensive. But apparently the anime industry over there is already structured in such a way that lowering prices would reduce profits, at least for the production committee.

>>159418938
>The people watching anime illegally are largely the people that have no good reason to watch it legally.
Or far more frequently, people that have no access to legal ways of watching at all. Americans and Europeans at least have the excuse of Crunchyroll and other sites, those which don't have access to said sites are usually out of luck.
>>
>>159418968
american """"""""seiyuu"""""""" sound disgusting, bet they are all 300lbs fujoshi hambeasts
>>
File: 1486952259941.png (321KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
1486952259941.png
321KB, 372x539px
>>159418968
>PESKY PATRIARCHAL SOCIETAL DEMANDS
Is this the same Lucoa Kobayashi earlier criticized for having an "unrealistic" body? This show is actually reflective of real world feminism: feminists are criticizing feminists for not being feminist enough.

Fucking hell, my penis crawled back up into my body out of rage.
>>
>>159418835
It's probably because they don't want overseas sales to skew what would be a good anime to fund in the future, which makes sense. They are targeting the local market. They're not trying to sell to us, we are just a bonus on the side.

Like I said, money is still changing hands, we are still moving product, but when they look at the sales they want to know how it is doing in Japan.
>>
File: guts_by_z0h3-d6bg4bm.jpg (147KB, 900x608px) Image search: [Google]
guts_by_z0h3-d6bg4bm.jpg
147KB, 900x608px
>>159418968
>patriachy
>these voices

GOD FUCK GAS ENGLISH DUB VOICE ACTORS ALLTOGETHER
>>
>>159419019
If they don't want to try to sell to us, then we have no reason to buy their product.
>>
>make anime difficult to access if you aren't apart of mainland Japan
>the only way to easily access anime is through pirating or otherwise
>not even a majority of anime is covered by sub services

When I can conveniently as a Westerner get my anime medium in a method other than pirating it easily, that is well marketed, and essentially the same quality as the nips, then I will pay. Til then, the west aren't responsible for the downfall of 6.1% of sales, that's Japan's fault for ignoring the market outside of Japan and not creating an accessible medium for us.
>>
>>159418150
there's no "free tv" in Japan anon
>>
File: 1499162047947.png (403KB, 680x723px) Image search: [Google]
1499162047947.png
403KB, 680x723px
>>159418101
Can I get some Kemono Friends reaction images?
>>
File: 1488399709262.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488399709262.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>159419052
Want to make it even worse? The one complaining about the "patriarchy" is a pedophile who can only get away with it because her victim is male.

Also, who wrote this fucking script? This is not how real people talk, this is the kind of "conversation" you hear at Dashcon while they're lining up for the fucking ballpit.
>>
You guys are missing the point of CR, that it is not a streaming service so much as it is a paid translation service. Horrible would be worthless without crunchy's subs to steal, because the fan community behind fansubs has more or less collapsed.

>>159418938

First of all quality is going to be bad for someone who isn't JLPT-3 at least. Most of Crunchy's translators are fresh JLPT-2 getting their first jobs with a few JLPT-3 (think Youjo Senki's INSTRUCTOR line).

Second, these gusy are getting paid shit wages, but do so because they're desperate for work experience. Most translators these days who aren't c>e chinks taking shit off baidu are either PAY ME LIKE I HAVE 10+ EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I JUST GOT JLPT-2 or they are lazy and won't do it.

most jap translators who don't try to go all the way as translators go full weeb and post on 2channel all day.
>>
>>159419153
You know what he means. It costs much less to purchase a television subscription and have access to many series, and then possibly purchase the BDs, then have to rely on a streaming service to provide, or ship BDs for an inflated price (in a language that you likely don't know well).
>>
>>159419059
That is just terrible logic and I can't believe you wrote it.

>you made something i enjoy but because you didnt make it with me in mind i have no reason to give you money for it!
>>
I would pay to have 200 years of naturalism in the theater shot into the heads of everyone involved in a dub. I would pay a lot to the first anime company to release a special DVD of these people being tied up and beaten with big heavy spiky dildoes.
>>
File: 1498952746562.jpg (659KB, 2366x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1498952746562.jpg
659KB, 2366x1700px
>>159418101
Perfect choice of image, if not for the fact it's "free" to watch Kemono Friends I would never consider paying for it no matter what people would say, but here we are and I brought it. The only people who lose sells on piracy are talentless shithead selling shit products, but for everyone else it's free advertisement.
>>
Fuck not another moralfags vs everyone-else thread
>>
>mfw i just watch anime for free on abema.tv
>>
In Australia you used to be able to watch anime including adult anime for free on our foreign channel. Back when it was good then it went full retard multicultural propaganda channel and stopped playing anime.
>>
>>159419207
>it is a paid translation service
Given how shitty their subs are I would really hope they are more than a translation service.
>>
>>159419207
I think that's understood that that's the purpose of CR, what's not understood is that there's still a lack of incentive. The episodes are still free a week after they're released in 480p, and even then, a lot of the times Crunchyroll isn't even up to date on anime that is coming out of Japan. Maybe if the Crunchyroll subscription offered something more enticing like a method to watch older anime in 1080p, or more difficult to find content, but there's no reason too because they don't have that really. It doesn't help that it doesn't even matter what money I throw at CR considering that it doesn't make up a huge marketshare for Japan, and also the marketshare it does make up is for the fags that watch SAO and Naruto. Essentially the same people who own a Netflix subscription and hulu. So I'm not even their primary target.

All in all, compared to other entertainment hubs that host content much better and quality than CR does, there's no reason why I would use it.
>>
>>159418461
>It kind of does, assuming the service is legal.
Most of the cost you pay is absorbed by taxes, distribution fees, legal fees, fees fees fees. The percentage of royalties paid to the production studio is miniscule.
>>
>>159419248
no one in here seems to be a moralfag though.
>>
>>159419221
Not him but it's not terrible logic. It's more of "I want to buy your product but you either make it hard for me to buy it, too expensive for me, or giving shitty version of the product."

It's plain supply and demand. Piracy is mostly a distribution problem. Think steam with games.
>>
Same as the music industry, as long as they can't provide a channel to get your anime fix easy and cheap, the nips and everyone else have only to blame themselves.
The music and film market managed this transition too...

I get some Malaysian imports for cheap with English subs... A whole season for less than what I would pay for 3-4 episodes on a local release.
>>
>>159419324
Unless CR is completely different than every other western company, they usually pay a lump sum to license whatever series and use the money made off it to license more series. Your money doesn't directly go to the japs, but it is used to pay for other series.
>>
>>159419207
>>159419367
>You guys are missing the point of CR, that it is not a streaming service so much as it is a paid translation service
And they translate mostly popular shit and niche/unpopular/hentai gets ignored by them because muh puritanism muh chillunz. Fansubs have died because companies like this aggressively purchase the rights to much and then never release their own content of it, but C&D the ass off anyone who does.

This shit is common in business; it's like a scorched earth policy to deny a competitor resources.
>>
Ive thought of all sorts of ways to get people to buy things that work. Companies are basically stingy they could do so many things to stop piracy.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (9KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
9KB, 262x263px
>>159419367
>Unless CR is completely different than every other western company

>t. socialist

This is capitalism faggot.
>>
>>159419284
ABC runs animu too or at least it used to. I remember around 2010 I caught it broadcasting Ergo Proxy and some show about highschool vampires.
>>
>6.1% decline in sales
Maybe if they stopped charging $60 for a single episode on Bluray they wouldn't have this problem
>>
Pput donation link on their website and see if that going to work.
>>
1. Download to own
2. Charge reasonable prices ($80 for 2 episodes lmao fuck off)
3. TRANSLATE, do not rewrite the script full of witty memes or "hurr gamergate XD". I want to watch their show, not yours. A little localization is fine but christ.

Right now I only buy stuff I really like, usually the box set or figs or whatever
>>
>>159419337
No, that's a different argument. A fairly valid one but there are legal means by which you can watch a lot of anime, especially currently airing shows, which that argument doesn't work against at all.
>>
>>159419207
>First of all quality is going to be bad for someone who isn't JLPT-3 at least.
Even better, all that takes JP is a student with an equivalent comprehension of English, which is far more common than the current situation.
Pay them shitty wages (worse than the English natives) to translate from their native language to English.
Add an option for English subtitles on BDs, and possibly have the English translated to a few other popular languages.
Now they have a new market, and it took very little effort on their side.
>>159419221
That's now what I was saying.
I am saying that I won't buy a product that costs as much as a nice outfit if they won't even make the effort of including subtitles. The only BDs I own are for my favorite series. I haven't watched most of them because as soon as I felt like rewatching the series, a BD rip was available and subtitled.

That's right, I own the product and I still watched it illegally (it's not illegal here but that's beside the point.)
This wouldn't need to happen if they took advantage of their population of students with little income or job experience, yet fluency in Japanese and a decent grasp of English, to translate for them. From there, it won't be difficult to translate from English to Spanish or French or whatever. I don't see how they could possibly lose money when they're making their product more available to a larger audience for a small investment.
>>
>>159419480
>but there are legal means by which you can watch a lot of anime
who fucking cares
>>
>>159419439
I think it was because one of the guys from sbs moved to abc he was a weeb at the tail end of the period when they played exotic movies and shows.
>>
>>159419480
>which that argument doesn't work against at all.
Except it does because those legal methods you're speaking of are absolute trash quality and don't support the creator even marginally reasonably.
>>
>>159419153
Internet isn't free either. There, problem fixed.
>>
>>159418101
those who don't buy would still never buy and those that do would still buy anime, infact seeing them on illegal sites and people talking about it makes them popular and urges others to buy them
>>
>>159419480
CR and other services do not have everything (they largely focus on current and profitable series), and are terrible quality (I don't even like relying on rips of their trash just to see content early).
>>
>>159419520
We've already determined that no methods directly support the creator anyway.

>>159419500
>if they won't even make the effort of including subtitles.
There are a bunch of series available to you then. I haven't been keeping track myself since I bought all of Horizon years ago which came with BD subs but I am sure there are a bunch of series you can choose from.
>>
>>159418598
>>159419210
TV subscription is irrelevant. Anime producers have to pay for timeslots, they don't get any money from TV companies.
It may be different from highly popular anime that air during the daytime, but that's how it works for late night anime.
>>
>>159419391
>And they translate mostly popular shit and niche/unpopular/hentai gets ignored by them because muh puritanism muh chillunz. Fansubs have died because companies like this aggressively purchase the rights to much and then never release their own content of it, but C&D the ass off anyone who does.

Protip: if you want to avoid C&D, you can release anonymously like on imgur, 4chan, leddit, tumblr, or any other jew bomb shelter provided you check your ego at the door.

But ego has always been a thing with translators, they want to show ownership over their TL's and so watermark and do other stupid shit. Cutting out the ego kills 90% of translators. It's one thing for something like Shingeki no Kyojin, it's another thing for VNs or LNs.

Nobody posts LN/VN transcripts anonymously because it's a lot of involved work you're doing for free. Those who might be willing to put in the time might not have the skills to make it happen.

Popular shit is translated because, surprise, a lot of people like popular shit. If there's a niche you like and want to share, learn jap and share your passion with others.
>>
>its another "retards think a single cent of their CR sub goes anywhere near nipland" thread
>>
>otaku are buying less BDs
>blame the profit loss on gaijin streams

CrunchyRoll and Fakku are basically parasites to the japanese industry that only fatten the middlemen (in CR's case, the chinese guys who made it and in fakku's case, Jewcob and Daiz)
The otaku not buying is their concern. Overseas markets have never counted, and some creators (Miyazaki) think that Japan shouldn't even be exporting it because it's a great national embarrassment.
>>
>>159419580
>they don't get any money from TV companies.
Not entirely true. Some TV companies fund anime series.
>>
>>159418744
Companies never look at second hand data like Oricon because they have first hand data of produced and sold disks that's why Kemono Friends destroyed stalker threads, they give out number of disks send to stores while no store had any disks left and the number was way higher than Oricon was showing.
>>
>>159419578
>no methods directly support the creator anyway
Buying BDs and official merchandise (not printing your own shirts or buying them off e-shops) is as close to direct as you can get. Unless you mean literally sending money directly to each staff members bank account or paypal or something.
>>
>>159419576

>>159418101
it's also not available worldwide, fuck i can only see 50 anime from my country on CR
HIDIVE, funimation, daisuki nothing works, this is the only way for me to watch anime
>>
>>159418101
>6.1%
that's literally within expected margins
>>
>>159419607
>national embarrassment.
All they have to do is ban pedo shit and no one will judge them.
>>
File: 1499080307611.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499080307611.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
>BDs have declined by 6.1% since 2015 in Japan
What, am I supposed to wait a few months after the season ends before watching the show for the privilege of dropping $30 in postage plus whatever absurd number they're scamming Japs out of just to pick up their slack? How about no?
>the producer of fucking Kemono Friends
Mate your dogshit, ugly show already cost $10 real money to make

>they basically support piracy by giving advertising revenue to the people responsible for these uploaders. The creators, who the money is supposed to go to, don't get 1 yen.
We live in a fucking capitalist society mate. The consumer is free to pick whatever they think best suits their interests. If you want to compete with free shows, you need to provide more incentive to western audiences than 'pls stop it guys just buy my overpriced shit and get ignored for eternity'
Corporate kikes
>>
>>159419607
>some creators (Miyazaki)
anyone else?
and what about the merchandises and blu-rays by funimation?
>>
>>159418101
What the fuck does DB sales in Japan have to do with piracy? Do they stop buying discs because gaijins are downloading shows? How fucking retarded
>>
>>159418101
What are the KF sales numbers up to now? It was at like 300k 2 months ago wasn't it?
>>
>>159419592
Of course it does. They have to license shows somehow and that money comes from the pool of subscriptions.

Of course it doesn't mean that all of their subscription money is going to Japan but then you would have to be a moron to expect that.
>>
>>159419012
Hey now, she's only 225.
Seriously, check out their panels at AX, or at least as much as you can stomach.
>>
>>159419644
>no-one will judge them
Japan has never given a shit about what others think. Miyazaki does care because he's a westaboo faggot who wants to wear a cowboy hat like Ken-sama
>>
>>159419607
>Miyazaki thinks his opinion matters after doing nothing of value but normie shit all his life
That's cute.
>>
>>159419661
exactly, those who don't buy would still not buy this shit
>>
>>159419627
>Buying BDs and official merchandise (not printing your own shirts or buying them off e-shops) is as close to direct as you can get.
Which I believe I covered here >>159418821
>>
>>159419690
*Kenichi Smith fuck
>>
>>159419644
People bitch about girls in anime regardless of age, MAL-kun.
>>
>>159418101
Technically, but not like I care if something's legal since I'm not going to get punished for it anyway.
>>
>>159419690
And so the national embarrasement continues. Its like fat weebs that don't watch their weight.

But you are wrong everyone normal that deals what th japan says otaku culture is embarrassing and surprisingly japanese people manage to keep it out of their lives.
So they obviously do give a shit.
>>
>>159419728
The are faggots
>>
File: 1498933114136.jpg (88KB, 530x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498933114136.jpg
88KB, 530x805px
>>159418101
Yeah of course it's illegal, at least in most places. You can try to justify it or whatever, but it's illegal at the end of the day. Do I care? No not really.
>>
>>159418101
1. Anime ain't meant for those outside of glorious Nippon. Many of the themes are to controversial or get butchered when brought over. It's inviting conflict so I don't want it to be more assessable.
2. As someone who can understand a little nip fansubbing is almost universally better than the official.
3. I don't download anime. Though if they want to stop people from being shits go after things like YouTube first where you can straight watch entire series.
4. Most anime is shit. As is with most things. I don't care enough to spend money just to find out I don't like something.
>>
>>159419644
>no one will judge them
But who is judging them? Nowadays everyone likes at least some aspects of Japanese culture, and anime has played an important role in popularizing it abroad. The side effect is that you get prudes who complaing about drawn tits (fanservice with real tits in western media are OK though) and idiots who think "anime = real Japan", but who cares about them?
>>
>>159419742
I meant others as in foreigners. They couldn't care less what filthy gaijin piggu thinks. They might hate anime otakus, but they don't give a fuck if anyone else hates them too.
>>
>>159418101
What's the difference between downloading it and watching it legally on a streaming site with adblock enabled apart from the obvious drop in quality?
>>
File: 1449853687618.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449853687618.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>159418101
I don't give a shit, there is no other way to watch anime in my shithole of a country, there are no manga stores, nothing. The only way to legally watch it is CR and that's not happening any time soon.
>>
>>159419802
Im talking about japppps man they care. Its called national pride durr
>>
File: 1494314414137.gif (2MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1494314414137.gif
2MB, 220x220px
>Stupid goy, just sign up to Crunchyroll already and support your favorite hobby.
I don't sign up to streaming sites because their money goes to production companies who aren't interested in making good or unique anime and will just shit out LN adaptations regardless of how rich they are.
I try to buy as much manga as possible though since I know that the creator is still directly benefiting by receiving his wage and the publisher allowing his work to continue because of it.
>>
>>159419857
Their national pride is not based on how it is perceived by foreigners, you dumb fuck. It never has been.
>>
Hopefully Amazon will kill off Funi and CR.Glory of fansub will return.
>>
>>159419742
>everyone normal that deals what th japan says otaku culture is embarrassing
>One Piece ads everywhere
>people reading manga on train
>there's one entire neighborhood dedicated to otaku stuff
Wait a sec, something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>159419901
every season CRcucks and Funicucks are crying about amazon, good shit
>>
>>159419857
Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>159419911
>he thinks otakus are just normal anime fans
Otakus take it to the next level.
>>
>>159419896
National pride is intrinsically linked to that you complete utter fool.
If the country next to you is living in pig shit while you live in a shining metropolis you are going to feel pride.
Fuck sake the shit anons say.
>>
>>159419911
>reading manga in public is otaku culture
>implying you know what otaku culture is
>one street in an entire country means Japan as as ociety is fine with anime otakus
Lurk more pls
>>
>>159419949
I didnt say that but anyway in talking with webs they think japan is entirely otaku.
>>
>>159419950
>National pride is intrinsically linked to that you complete utter fool
Not exclusively it's not. Go read a fucking book.
>>
>>159419966
A book doesnt dictate how people feel pride moron.
You dont understand national,pride because you are mentally challenged gaijin
>>
>>159419846
>making excuses
Piracy is a meme. Watch whatever you want. Support whoever you want. As long as you KNOW the repercussions of either action who cares what is 'legal' or 'moral'. It's just a cartoon.
>>
>>159419921
It isn't good shit because Amazon and Netflix delay subs and fucking suck. They all suck dick.
>>
>>159419950
>if you look down on the people next to you, that means you're going to care what they think about you
You think the shining metropolis people would give a fuck what the pig shit people have to say about their cartoons?
>>
>>159419949
How?
>>
File: 1498471830353.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498471830353.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>159420043
>You think the shining metropolis people would give a fuck what the pig shit people have to say about their cartoons?
This.
>>
>>159420046
Do you know the definition of the word?
>>
>>159420046
You need to lurk. You don't know anything and you're posting as though you do.
>>
>>159420043
You completely misunderstood what i meant by assuming i was talking about japan as the shining metropolis you filthy fucking weeb.
>>
>>159419995
And you don't dictate how people feel national pride. But reading a book might give you enough knowledge and insight to understand that national pride is idiosyncratic, and Japan has always been prideful in how it is perceived from whithin, not in how it is perceived from without.
>>
>>159420006
I view it as a product that I want but hasn't been made available for my country so I'm using a bootleg version of it. Besides, everyone in this shithole is pirating everything, nobody gives a shit here.
>>
>>159420046
>the only anime I've watched are Cowboy Bebop and DBZ on Toonami
Watch more anime and lurk more.
>>
>>159420073
Thats not the point of the metaphor. Its in reverse it a metaphor for societal standards.
>>
>>159418101
I'll stop when they charge a sensible price for their dvds
>>
>>159420082
So what you're saying is that your metaphor had no relation at all to the situation at hand.
K.
>>
File: 1498667540170.jpg (174KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498667540170.jpg
174KB, 1024x1024px
>live in a globalist capitalist society
>wrestle every concession and monopolise distribution to inflate prices to absurd levels
>its okay because you live in a capitalist society, you should do what benefits you most
>cut every animation corner imaginable, rush every schedule as hard as you can, work your animation crew/mangaka to the point of human rights violation
>anime is cheaper than ever to make, more of it is getting made, more of it is getting sold
>its okay though, you're just taking advantage of global capitalism

>penniless gaijin neets, choosing between dropping hundreds of dollars or just watching for free, go with what benefits them most because this is a capitalist society
>throw a shitfit because you thought only you were supposed to reap the benefit
Fucking thieving goyim!
>>
>>159420087
>you are not the boss of me
Oh great im talking to a woman. Fuck off retard. I bet you think scat porn is a form of national pride.
>>
>>159420133
>goyim!
Stopped reading there.
Fuck off back to /pol/, retard.
>>
>>159420172
>stopped reading at the end
Nice, you're getting the hang of it
>>
>>159420133
back to your containment board, retard
>>
>>159420082
Nips don't give the slightest ounce of a deep fried fuck what other countries think about them, dickhead. Look at their response to the EU trying to shame them for selling loli hentai, they simply told them to fuck off and mind their own business.
>>
File: 1175532498077.jpg (71KB, 698x904px) Image search: [Google]
1175532498077.jpg
71KB, 698x904px
>>159420082
>pigshit people: I think your cartoons are weird and stuff
>shining metropolis people: I don't think about you at all
Now fuck off you dumb cunt.
>>159420148
Oh God you just keep being a retarded faggot.
>>
>>159418101
Eh, this depends on which law you are trying to apply to it.
With the level of meme subs, this is almost legal from a "fair use" commentary point of view. Almost.
>>
>>159420172
>Stopped reading on literally the last word
lol u retard
>>
File: 1498844432487.png (107KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
1498844432487.png
107KB, 307x307px
Why doesn't CR start publishing and funding anime like Netflix are doing with the new Devilman anime?
I don't really see how they're helping the industry grow at all when they just give some dividends to Toei animation or something
>>
>>159420184
>>159420212
Newfags? Or are you just perpetuating the rest of the stages that come with this stupid shit. I can never tell anymore.
>>
>>159420199
If the japs were not embarrassed by others view f them they would never have modernised. National pride and their society relative to other nations is what drove modernisation there you ignorant piggu.
>>
>>159420240
It seems like you're losing touch then
>>
>>159419584
You're on to something, the (You)s I got when I released the first thing I TL'd were intoxicating.
>>
>>159418101
I hope "piracy 'dies

and then these faggots cry about "muh decreasing popularity" and "muh market exposure"
>>
>>159420208
You still are not getting the metaphor dumb weeb its the pig shit people making the fucking cartoons. Jesus fucking christ weebs man.
>>
>>159420240
it's okay, retard. society is very accepting of yours these days.
>>
>>159420212
>>159420184
>blatant summerfags
Fuck off.
>>
>>159420267
>metaphor is supposedly about japs having national pride
>n-no in the metaphor the japs were the people with no pride at all
I want you to explain exactly what you meant with your metaphor and how it makes any sense at all.
>>
>english "dubs"
>add your own bullshit that is not relevant to the story nor aligns with the original dialogue

why is this allowed?
>>
>>159420267
You are not understanding that in every metaphor Japan invariably sees itself as the shining metropolis and everyone else as pigshit because of their NATIONAL PRIDE, you dumb shit. We have come full circle and you've been destroyed by your own logic.

Only suicide can spare you from this anal annihilation.
>>
>>159420299
>summerfag meme
Newfag detected
>>
>>159420312
I already did you autistic cunt
>>
>>159420267
>>159420319
Both be quiet. It was funny now it isn't.
>>
>>159420320
Moot lied about that shit so he and the mods didn't have to actually do anything to stem the flood of shit killing the site every summer. Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>159420218
I remember something about them helping to fund some really shit shows like Masamuse-kun and Kememo Friends.
>>
>>159420319
Oh dear god you are a weeb. You think japan is no.1 and a shining metroplis.
>>
File: capture.jpg (65KB, 540x369px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
65KB, 540x369px
I'll keep watching animu online till they hunt me down and ban me from the internet..

Until then all these whining fags can eat a dick.
>>
>>159418101
>"Are you watching anime illegally anon? You have to change your ways!"
>"Okay mister merchant, here's my money!"
>"Oops, content not available for your country."
>"That's unfortunate."
Yeah, fuck them.
Besides, I don't have money.
>>
>>159420327
Did you? Because literally everyone in this thread is calling you a retard for making a "metaphor" with no relation to anything you're trying to prove. It defeats the entire purpose of making a metaphor at all if you just say "I already did" when someone asks for clarification when all you did was prove the exact opposite of what you were trying to show.
>>
>>159418101
>since 2015 in Japan

In the trash it goes
>>
>>159420172
>>159420188
>thinks im some /r/the_donald fag because I said a mean word
Yeah okay dude, enjoy your blurays I guess
>>
>>159420342
>Moot
>M
Ah so it's a moot/mod conspiracy theory; it's not like you're new and retarded enough to believe that or anything.
>>
>>159420320
>summerfag
>meme
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
>>159418101
>kawauso on the frontpage

Yess.
>>
>>159420360
>hunt me down and ban me from the internet..
didn't this actually happen with some torrent host?
>>
>>159419240
I want to fuck the owls.
>>
>>159420246
They modernized because that's what nations do to keep up with the necessities of their growing and evolving population, you pig shit for brain cunt. If you were offered the opportunity to make your citizens' lives easier would you not take it? That doesn't mean you do it because your neighbors will laugh at you if you don't, it's called progress for the sake of your own sake. And if you're referring to the globalist parts of their evolution, might that have to do with a certain country that took two massive shits on them after a certain big war then grabbed them by the balls ever since? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>159420393
>summerfag
>real
Site stats don't lie. There have been booms in newfags but they're around events. There's no seasonal discrepancy fag.
>>
>>159420319
The pig stie metapor is about people living in degenerate filth that embarresses them. This hurts national pride. Its universal. The people in the nice city dont have that they have the perfect society. Its something to feel proud about.
>>
>>159420367
You are just an idiot you assumed shining metroplis meant something real. You dont know what a metaphor is.
>>
>>159420431
Look at the catalog multiple times a day from May-September. If you can't tell you're blind or as new as them.
>>
>>159419742
>And so the national embarrasement continues
Japan is using anime/manga characters to promote the 2020 Olympics.
Explain that.
>>
>>159420432
That may be true, but it has nothing to do with what the other anon was saying. He said national pride is intrinsically related on how outside observers perceive the culture in question. Japan is an outlier (though not singularly unique) in this regard because it absolutely gives no fucks on how foreigners perceive it.
>>
>>159420496
>Naruto
Kek, /a/ BTFO.
>>
>>159420474
Confirmation bias
>>
>>159420496
I literally didnt say that. As always no one asks the right questions and assumes everything based on autistic stupidity.
I actually think anime is something they SHOULD feel proud about.
>>
File: 1498980574863.jpg (56KB, 408x491px) Image search: [Google]
1498980574863.jpg
56KB, 408x491px
>>159420468
I think you're just a brainlet autist who's probably a dirty brown person and is incapable of composing himself. This is the last (you) you'll be getting from me, please learn how to compose both your thoughts and a sentence.
>>
>>159420522
>normalfag anime being used to promote a global normalfag event
wow btfo indeed
>>
>>159420496
>shinchan

what? didn't shinchan fade in popularity long ago?
>>
>>159418101
Anime woulndt be as big as it is here if we didn't get it for free
>>
>>159420522
They're clearly using their most marketable IPs. Almost all of those characters have a good chance being recognised by foreign normalfags. Actually, with that train of thought I'm surprised there's no Lupin.
>>
>>159420548
fuck no
>>
>>159420567
I'm surprised there is no Conan or Doraemon
>>
>>159418101
Germany is probably just a market size blip compared to the US (/English-speaking world) from their eyes.
>>
>>159420567
Lupin is grimdark serious business and not family friendly
>>
>>159418101
>paying for anime
>>
>>159418929
I'm not sure if its a thing for anime, but Steam is a necessary evil for game developers. Valve takes a massive 30% cut from all sales, which they can do since their platform is so fucking strong. If they have something similar for anime, it should be worse than CR.
>>
>>159420641
GoG is better than steam in every possible way. The only draw back is with games that root their multiplayer in steam services which get crippled over at galaxies limited playerbase.
>>
>>159418101
Could someone code a tool to rip the available series list from CR for different countries and then graph percent available per season per country.
>>
>>159420641
I'd be fine with it if Steam put the original non-sub versions out for rent and allowed people to use their own subtitles or Steam's subs as a default
>>
>>159418101
>A lot of us are guilty of viewing anime trough illegal channels
>include picking up Blu-ray on the cheap
Nigger, seriously?
>>
>>159420746
Yes boy(im) don't sell used copies of media to your friends. Sell them back to the distributor so the creators can get money. Don't even tell me you mean to let them BORROW it for free? You know they could have bought a whole other copy if you hadn't done that? Think of the starving animation studio!
>>
>>159420746
i think they were talking about people burning their own dvd/bd and selling them and not buying them on sale
>>
>>159420736
Probably not allowed.

I once had a DVD that had German audio and an option for English audio (but only with locked German subtitles you could not disable).

Even more infuriating:
Every service that sells or rents out movies (Amazon, Google, ...) only makes the German version available for sale or rent.

They don't want to give more than they have to if they can avoid it. DVD's and BD's should always include the original language by law, even if the original language is not present in the same Region locking section or the subsection of the market the disc caters to.
>>
>>159418101
This has nothing to do with anyone outside Japan, so there's no problem.
>>
File: 1336889317515.png (193KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
1336889317515.png
193KB, 582x582px
>>159418101
>SO....
Someone tell me why is this thread still alive.
>>
>>159420736
That would also be a great feature for BD-Players. But it's probably not allowed.
>>
>>159420849
I enjoy being angry
>>
why they don't care for customers outside of japan so i could careless
>>
>>159418679
t. gamergate
>>
>>159418101

I don't trust the legal distributors. They only seem nice right now because they're in a precarious position. As soon as they've crushed all alternatives and have the market on lockdown, they'll start seeing what they can do to bend the knee to the left wing propaganda machine that's ruined our media.
>>
>>159420680
you can crossplay with Steam games now
>>
Just checked crunchyroll and they have 8 of the 16 shows that im watching and also airing. What can i even do. i pirate and would like to support the industry in any way considering pirating means no contribution but more company's need to get on board.
>>
>>159418321
>wanting CR to do anything
>thinking CR matters
>CR thinking they matter
please stop
>>
>>159420961
PC continues to be the platform with the most freedom.
>>
>>159420961
Not on everything. The lack of cross play on Dragons Dogma is fucking killing me. Also the connectivity is ass. Only bad purchase from that place.
>>
>>159420361
Why are you greentexting things you can't even relate?
>>
>>159420948
They are already obsessively rewriting dialogue in games and shows from japan. Not to mention the actual visuals being editted.
>>
>>159418101
i'd love to support the industry, but japan needs to be less xenophobic when it comes to sharing their content internationally don't get me wrong they have made a lot of progress with crunchy and shit, but its just not enough give western fans a way to support the industry in a way that makes sense and gives us every release the japs get and we will talk, and this isn't even discussing the main turn off, the price gouging who wants to buy merch and dvds that are outrageously priced.
>>
If i like a show i but something of the licenced merchandise or the manga.
I am supporting them directly. I got your back japan!
>>
Tbh, its their own damn fault for not reaching marketb outside their own country. You can't say they lose profit because piracy coz we are not listed in their profitable market in the first place. Oh and if it not for streaming or some anime website that list illegal anime, dont think I will ever browse the moonrune website on internet just to find some anime and then buy its Blu Ray head on. Its like playing russian roulette, you hit good anime or miss it. And ofc it not wise and only some people will do it
>>
>>159418101
Considering what kind of trashlations they usually selling - especially Amazon, Sentai, Funi and Daisuki, but CR have their own memecartel translators too - it should be illegal to ask money for them in the first place. Not to mention that if there's no legal means to get it anyway, since it's "not available for your country", then there's nothing to talk about.
tl;dr No, and jewish nips can fuck themselves.
>>
>>159421027
Have you not read most of the thread? CR really doesnt do much to "support" Japan. You'd help them more by buying a figurine a year then a cr sub.
>>
>>159421045
>but
Buy
>>
>>159421027
>but japan needs to be less xenophobic when it comes to sharing their content internationally
That's the only thing keeping them safe. Better to be self sufficient and short a few dollars than rich and inundated with crap.
Look at the demands being made of dubs and localisation edits. There is no positive for them interacting with us. Western money would poor in from normalfags who buy things to be special and wacky and everything would fall apart.
>>
>>159421053
t. didn't read the article
This article and statement have nothing to do with the west, regardless of the content of the thread. They're just asking people in japan to buy or watch on t.v not to pirate.
I'd watch on t.v if I could but I'm not in japan, see.
>>
>>159421063
It absolutely does since new anime gets added all the time. i don't use it but i can imagine that the studios wouldn't be involved if they didn't make money.
>>
I see this ending in three scenarios

one
>jap companies get in hands with american shekelsteins for a "piracy" crackdown
>they subsequently fuck up their distribution and animu declines massively in popularity with some other variety of chinese cartoons with lax copyright laws taking over

two
>jap companies get in hands with american shekelsteins for a "piracy" crackdown
>they get a steam-like "cancerous but effective" distribution for plebs, normies and newbies to sperg out in
>anime becomes the new mainstream and /a/nons move on to something else

three
>half of one and half of two
>things go on as usual
>>
>>159421096
I. I can't even. How much of the kool-aid did you drink?
>>
>>159418101
Sales are declining because they haven't made enough idol anime
>>
>>159421097
Weebs forget animes being mainstreamed for years thats what licenced cartoons for western audiences were.
Every kid grew up with transformers thats japanese.
>>
>>159421070
well then honestly i don't see the answer in a way that benefits the industry, the pandering to the perverts and neets is already bad enough, they can't fall much further down before a complete collapse.
im not saying japan needs to abandon its right to remain isolationist ( hell im from america and i wish my country would be isolationist) but i mean come the fuck on japan is so closed off im surprised the industry and others have survived this long.
>>
>>159419964
unless theyre kids then most anime watchers are otaku. unlike here with retards who hate reading and anime is the mainstream route, in japan reading manga is pretty common but watching anime on tv past a certain age just paints you as a huge fucking geek.
>>
>>159418968
>Toe-roo
>oh-moo-rice
Stopped once the OP played
>>
>>159421147
for anime to be aired on american TV it needs be either a special kind of garbage, like the DBCancer or some other non-threatening shit like SnK
>>
>>159418101
Piracy is a market failure, the onus is on the devs, not the consumers, to change.
>>
>>159419673
she weighs nearly as much as I do and I've lost weight.
>>
I've never bought merch, where should I start? I do use CR and what's not on that I Pirate but now Netflix and amazon are picking up shoes and it's going to be just like fucking cable TV
>>
>>159421166
Watching anime doesnt make you otaku. Its a private interest. Otakus and weebs make it a nonprivate issue.
>>
>>159421165
>im surprised the industry and others have survived this long
Why? It's not an international industry. "We've" illegally propped up the product with "our" own sweat and tears. If people hadn't gone to such lengths with fan subbing, a task and undertaking entirely outside of the industry, there wouldn't even be the unexploited demographic in the west that there is now.
Anime is for Japan, it was never intended for, nor does it need, the west
>>
>>159418101
I'd move to Japan but I don't want to pollute their country with my non-Japanese genetics

And I also don't want to be associated with the kind of dumb cancerous gaijin that live there.
>>
>>159420604
Lupin is popular in Italy with all ages.
>>
>>159418101
If the anime industry is dependent on blu-ray sales then it needs to look at a calendar because it's literally twenty seventeen.

If there was an equivalent of GOG or Humble for anime, I'd pay for it, but no such service exists. The game industry learned a long time ago that you have to directly compete with pirates by matching the convenience they offer, instead of selling an inferior product.

Anime industry needs to do the same because paying for streams is a sick meme. I want the files, I want them in decent quality and I want to play them on the device of my choice. Piracy is the only avenue that meets my criteria. They're simply offering a superior product.
>>
>>159418101
I would be more than happy to to buy more anime if they were cheaper. Anime is expensive as fuck. If they want me to pay for their shit then they need to get their shit together and start making it worth buying.
>>
>>159421224
Just go to an online anime shop and buy something from your favourite show. And apologize!
>>
>>159421224
>I do use CR
Start by leaving
>>
>>159421070
Less xenophobic could be accomplished by just providing their own streaming service outside of japan that has subs, acknowledge that we want to give you money for what we like, don't cater to the west at all unless that was the shows goal from the outset.
>>
>>159421132
Sales are declining because they make too much anime. They saturating marked, and there's only so much people who buy those overpriced BDs in the first place.
>>
>>159421290
It's more of a distribution problem.
>>
>>159421027
go back to /r/anime
>>
>>159421287
>don't cater to [source of income]
You're retarded or idealistic. That's not how it works. If they go to pains to make an infrastructure for the west that works, the west will become the prime mover and shaker in anime production purely due to financial advantage.
>>
>>159420172
Gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>159418705
are you saying we should just let N.Korea do its thing
>>
>>159421027
>less xenophobic
fuck off, the "xenophobia" is what is protecting anime from becoming western bullshit 2.0
>>
>>159421166
I want to hear more about this. Reading manga on the subway is OK, but watching an anime adaptation of the manga you were reading, in the privacy of your own home, make you an otaku?
What exactly makes you an otaku in Japan? What if you only watch josei anime?
>>
>>159421239
oh give me a break, thats complete bs. exploring international markets is how modern trade works in every country on earth. there is no logical excuse for them to not explore that potential marketshare weather or not it was propped up by the fans or not, the reason it was propped up and is so popular is because their is a huge demand for that product that isn't being provided domestically this means there is a huge vacuum for profitability that isn't being explored because of xenophobia.
>>
>>159418796
it's like paying for HorribleSubs, pretty sure it's just CR streams.
>>
>>159421279
Kek I only kept using it because it was easy to keep up with what I've watched but since I've started using kodi and addons I think I'll stop soon desu
>>
>HorribleSubs

hah, I remember going into their IRC channel and screeching at them for 2 hours because they failed to add -kun -sama -san prefixes in their subtitles once

good times
>>
I'd subscribe to something like CR if it had everything I wanted to watch. I don't think I want to sub to 3/4 different sites and still not catch absolutely everything. Not to mention the video or subtitle quality on some releases.

I'll pay to import manga from Japan since I know what I'm getting. Everything from the streaming sites is such a mixed bag Also puts me off.
>>
>>159421347
>there is no logical excuse for them to not explore
>excuse
Excuse implied a onus or responsibility. It's their choice and they don't want to. There's no excuse necessarily. Get fucked.
>>
>>159421027
>japan needs to be less xenophobic
No.
>>
>>159421388
Honourifics are good shit. That's the one good thing Diaz ever did.
>>
>>159421388
>prefixes
what?
>>
>>159421403
then when the industry dies you or them can complain. if you aren't going to adapt to the modern age of information then you are doomed.
and the devs like in the op's post can cry all they want on twitter and it isn't going to change shit.
>>
>>159421388
Well, they are HORRIBLE after all...
>>
>>159421310
How so?
>>
>>159421268
Imagine if they made a central Anime streaming platform that streams Anime non-Discriminatory and local Publishers get a cut of the revenue of the specific Anime they licensed.

So everyone who watches Anime on this platform from a country that has that Anime licensed gives revenue to that licensor (with a small cut for the platform).
That licensor will get a bigger cut if he offers his dubs/subs to the platform.
That licensor will also get a bigger cut if they choose to take over local operation expenses of that platform.
BD's also get a bigger cut.

This will result in no bullshit-non-availability.
>>
>>159421388
>prefixes

desu baka kun-anon
>>
>>159418321
Hulu has been doing that for a few shows.
>>
>>159418101
Well

KF is a success thanks to people sharing it,so he actually needs to be grateful.
>>
>>159421346
Watching late-night Anime or buying BD's makes you an Otaku.
>>
>>159421437
>aren't going to adapt
Again with the implication that yours is the only choice if one wants to progress. You keep talking but what you're really saying is that you're a fucking idiot.
>>
It would be funny if the Japanese noticed a spike in merchandise being bought by westerners. It would give clear signals to what shows people like and increase the production of merchandise leading to more anime.
>>
>>159421388
>prefixes
kek
>>
>>159421290
Sales don't drop from increase of supply
Sales drop when they don't meet enough demands of consumers, which are idols
>>
>>159421482
I didn't realize that people pirating it in the west is the reason why KF exploded in Japan
>>
>>159421486
FUCK NO

I don't want them to be influenced by western tastes (which are by all accounts, shit)
>>
>>159421485
>industry is clearly on the decline
>said industry cries about piracy
>said industry is outlandishly outdated
>industry refuses to adapt to modern days to save itself
>doesn't explore 100% of its marketability

and im the idiot.
>>
>>159421097
>and /a/nons move on to something else
If there are any such people here, they are welcome to move on to something else right now. Fucking retards
I watch anime because I like it, not because it's obscure and hipstery, not because it makes me feel like I'm crusading against "le ebul normalshits", not because of any shitty indirect reason.
>>
Daisuki needs to become a bigger player in the industry. They are the only legal provider that lets you stream anime at HD quality while also allowing you to watch shows right as the aired for free.
>>
>>159421510
No

He is obviously talking about Japan
>>
>>159421545
contrarianism is in 4chan's DNA, it WILL happen
>>
>>159421534
They wouldnt be influenced by western tastes you dork. it would just increase the production of anime to make more merchandise. Better merchandise and better anime.
>>
>>159421550
there's a reason why the good guys always lose and shit selling merchants win
>>
>>159418101
I feel bad for doing it but I do it anyway.
>>
>>159421534
You're an idiot.
>>
>>159421319

Thing is, when people say "cater to the west", they actually mean "cater to the mentally ill activist types", who most certainly don't represent the average westerner. Businesses and politicians alike currently have an irrational fear of purple haired hambeasts shouting retarded slogans and carrying signs with incoherent messages.

We're not scared that they're going to cater to the market. We're worried because we know that they're going to cater to the activists, and the actual customers will get a "purese understandu" at best. Thus, the market has decided to keep power away from the activists by keeping it away from the people who probably will cater to them.
>>
>>159418983
where in Europe or Mexico is this
>>
>>159421346
>What exactly makes you an otaku in Japan?
Being obsessed with your hobby. I'm not sure how they see "normal" people who watch anime, or if they even exist for that matter.
>>
>>159421645
>who most certainly don't represent the average westerner
and yet they most certainly DO push a lot of cash around. It's those self righteous retards who manage to keep patreons going and the like. Average fails to matter in a market. It's not about individuals within a demographic but returns,
>>
>>159421645
this
>>
>>159421095
So u think they only care about piracy in their own country?
>>
>>159421534
Lets put it this way if you dont pay for your favourite anime or buy the merchandise. The creator has no incentive to make more like it. You just played yourself.
>>
>>159421645
Why do activists have so much power? If they had tried this shit a decade a decade ago, everyone would have told them to fuck off. And now even normal people are listening to them just because they're scared.
>>
>>159421647
>Europe or Mexico
I'm pretty sure the US is much more intolerant towards anime and manga.
>>
>>159418101
They can gargle on my balls. I ain't paying shit.
>>
>>159421707
scare tactics and better organization with the advent of social media
>>
>>159421707
It's all about Virtue signaling now And a bunch of shit about if you dont stand for x you're racist a bigot and all this other stupid shit. It's mostly rich white kids with nothing better to do in college.
>>
>>159421692
Yes, phone poster. You know how I know? Because that's what the statement is about. You want to talk western piracy? Go find your own statements instead of twisting them in shill articles.
>>
>>159421731
based
>>
>>159421707
Because they go around threatening people behind the scenes and useful neurotic idiots aid them thinking they are fighting some injustice or some shit.
>>
>>159418101
It is not illegal, at least in my opinion, if I have adblock on. Sites like those don't need to make money off of my downloads, so I always have adblock on, just in case.
Frankly, I would buy BDs, if they didn't have such shitty subs.
>>
>>159419153
>>159418598
a computer isn't free too you fucking retards
it's the same shit
>>
>>159421499
>Sales don't drop from increase of supply
They sure are. When there's 50-70 shows per season while not so long ago it was only 25, while fanbase numbers stays more or less the same, then they can buy only so much. Idolshit channels entirely another market.
>>
File: 1497988644449.jpg (69KB, 516x591px) Image search: [Google]
1497988644449.jpg
69KB, 516x591px
>Westerner complaining about BD/DVD sales in Japan
>Not realizing otaku Nips are being nickle and dimed on purchasing said BD/DVDs for years.

Baka gaijin
>>
File: IMG_3384.jpg (39KB, 293x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3384.jpg
39KB, 293x208px
>>159418101
I'll stop pirating anime and manga at the same moment when I stop pirating books and moves.
I have long accepted that I'm amoral leech.
>>
>>159421848
>otaku Nips are being nickle and dimed
>baka gaijin
>>
I'd watch it legally if it wasn't either by shitty company DVD/BD releases or pleb tier streaming services
>>
It's getting more complicated now since it's not just CR. Amazon wants a piece of the pie and so does Netflix.
>>
>>159421921
aren't Netflix helping to fund the next Trigger shows?
>>
>>159421939
Yes, what absolute cancer.
>>
>>159421939
I have no clue. I didn't watch it/ keep up to date with how the relationship went. I assume it went well for both though.
>>
>>159421848
And funny thing is, even Sadpanda ip access hits shows that the Nips themselves tend to pirate their own made stuff more.
>>
File: 1273456110932.gif (164KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1273456110932.gif
164KB, 320x240px
>>159421983
And Tattun hinted that they might have another crowdfund
>>
>>159420346
CR didn't do shit for Kemono Friends besides have a shitty, unnecessary cameo of their mascot.
>>
>>159422021
So it really is (((our))) fault.
>>
>>159419210
Actually, anime series are vastly distributed in a wide array of TV networks in Japland. Its actually cheaper to subscribe to an anime-only streaming service than paying monthly subscriptions to TV Asashi, Fuji TV, NHK and etc.
>>
>>159422055
Whats so bad about crowdfunding? Like it worked with some vidyas
>>
>>159422086
Crunchyroll has a mascotte?
>>
>>159422206
Cheapskate smartasses hate crowdfunding on here even though it works
>>
>>159422206
fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>159421707

Fear and bubbles. If you have a choice between angering a mob who are made up of violent thugs and dishonest ideologues who've infiltrated old and powerful institutions in the name of pushing their agenda and angering a relatively peaceful group of average Joes who might fling some insults, which do you chose? As people cave to the mob, the perception that they represent the true face of the culture comes into play. The institutions are currently being discredited, thankfully, and the police will have less of a problem with mopping up the violent thugs with their protection gone.

>If they had tried this shit a decade a decade ago, everyone would have told them to fuck off.

Not true. Purease understandu was present from the religious right days all the way through the passing of the torch to the progressive left to today. We've had a tug-of-war going on between Marxists and Bible thumpers for the past fifty years, with the past thirty years having several attempts by both trying to move in to kill people's civil liberties. I'm hoping that this particular foiling is the last one in our lifetimes as the torch gets passed to libertarians and classical liberals.
>>
>>159418101
Yes
Yes

However, the question you should be asking is, "Is it morally right to pay money to companies that take advantage of being the only real money in the market to exploit anime creators and western anime fans?"
To which the answer is "No". Don't give money to CR or any other western anime streaming service. They are exploiting the market, paying the actual creators in Japan peanuts and ripping off everyone who pays for their subscriptions by charging several times more than they really should be considering how much they actually pay for the content they're streaming.

Don't let their unjust monopoly on subbed anime force you into paying those scum money. This is not a free market, it's a rigged one that is bad for everyone other than Crunchy Roll and others like them.

You would be doing the right thing by supporting anime through buying merchandise or BDs. The only people you're supporting by paying for anime streaming services are people who laugh about how much money they're scamming out of the situation as it currently stands.
>>
>>159422206
>Like it worked with some vidyas
I can name one that's actually good everything else in scam tier garbage.
>>
Fuck off Daiz.
>>
>>159421645
>Thing is, when people say "cater to the west", they actually mean "cater to the mentally ill activist types", who most certainly don't represent the average westerner
Except Japan do see them as your average westerner. Like in the interview with SAO's author, he talked about how America as a whole has a politically correct view against SAO because your typical feminist reporter complained about how Kirito is a powerful male who protects the heroine.

川原さん:なるほど。そういえば、アメリカでは“守られるだけのヒロイン”って許されないんです。TVアニメシリーズ第1期の途中では、アスナが悪いやつに囚われの身になってキリトが助けに行く流れになりますが、アメリカの記者さんから「これは男性優位主義的だ」って指摘されました。なるほど、ポリティカリィ・コレクト(政治的に正しい)じゃなかったなって。
>>
>>159418101
>or just dont charge 30 bucks for 3 episodes
what? try 80bux for 2 episodes, retard
>>
I honestly don't understand how japan can put up with the $80 bds for 2-3 episodes.
>>
>>159421822
>When there's 50-70 shows per season while not so long ago it was only 25, while fanbase numbers stays more or less the same, then they can buy only so much
I think you are confused here, we aren't talking about sales per series, we are talking about overall sales of whole industry, sales of every series added up together.
>>
If there's enough people supporting the industry by not watching illegal streams, I don't think there's any harm in watching them, especially since the uploaders are the only ones doing any wrong.
>>
File: 1497177166694m.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497177166694m.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
Yes, streams and torrents are illegal. Yes, I would to watch all my anime legally. However no, I cannot because that would require multiple site subscriptions and/or buying physical which is too expensive. All the legal sites should have access to all anime so we only have to subscribe once. Then when we find something really worth investing in we can buy the physical. It's not hard. The current situation sucks.
>>
>>159422599
Yes and?
>>
>>159418101
I think everyone in the thread is missing the point. The complaints are about financially supporting piracy.
>>
>>159418101
Yes.
Yes.

Do I care?
No, because fuck the globalists.
>>
>>159421510
it certainly helped, Japan noticed /a/ was talking about it.
>>
>>159422612
The multiple subs thing is fucked. Amazon is $100 upfront alone.
>>
>>159422663
The pirates can be financially denied by installing ad blockers.

As for the industry laborers "not getting those money", this is a deceptive and irrelevant argument. They don't get money either way because making anime is a contract job. They don't get more money just because you watch anime on CR. What helps is if the animators make e-panhandling account such as Patreon.
>>
>>159421718
he specifically mentioned Pokemon, unless he's only shopping at Walmart.
>>
>>159418101
Yes to both but since I wasn't the original target audience, wouldn't matter whether I did or not pirate stuff anyways. The "official" ways of doing so are also blocked in my country so there's just no way but to keep my ways until the endtimes.

>>159422566
That's why those that upload the BD rips or OVAs of any show are the true heroes that deserve their cock sucked for days
>>
>>159422650
So what you just said doesn't apply here.
Your sales decreasing situation only applies to "per series", not the industry as a whole, which adds up all the reduced sales per series as one.
>>
>>159418983
>Beucase society doesnt think its "okay"
This is the society that made Donald Trump its president. What they """think""" amount to shit.
>>
I don't ever intend to watch anime legally because it's free and easy of access. The "I'm being forced to watch it illegally because of the unreasonable prices" faggots can fuck off back to /v/ with your self-serving victim logic.

The need to justify piracy is a cancer on this board that didn't used to exist but now all you faggots are just like /v/tards.
>>
>>159422239
"Crunchy-hime" and she's not even a shrimp
>>
>>159422612
>All the legal sites should have access to all anime so we only have to subscribe once.
And once that site/company goes kaput like say... old Nyaa, everyone goes back to square one.
>>
>>159422804
If you have 100 people who buy 10 anime shows per season and then you have 100 shows per season and the same 100 people to buy them, your "as a whole" will stays the same, but that won't do you any good since you wasted more money to make said 100 shows and still get the same sum of money.
You can probably make graph over the years that total sales numbers per season/year stay more or less the same, and when there's some show that gets tens of thousands sales, other shows get only scraps that won't reach even 1K, while otherwise all of them (unless it's total crap) would get 1-3K.
>>
>>159421450
License based on country... What kind of retard are you? If you have a platform to stream your shit you stream it and don't care for where your paying viewers are from. You just can't sell streaming rights to diffrent countries anymore.
>>
>>159418101
>"Don't give us money! We dont want money we want you to stop watching shit"
>For the "betterment" of the industry

This is fake news, isn't it? It's the most retarded shit i've ever read. Have they ever thought fans would rather buy merch than their shitty blurays? Also
>Implying i don't use ublock and umatrix like anyone else
>>
>>159418679
Except the Gamergate line got changed for the BD/DVDs because it was "too outdated".

>>159422407
>the institutions are thankfully being discredited
>I'm hoping that this particular foiling is the last one in our lifetimes
Hopefully this will continue to slowly die down over the next few years. Controversy does come and go in waves.
>>
>>159418101
cr started off as a pirate streaming site, hypocrites
>>
>>159423064
No the little drop in BD sales is real but it's a result of economical situation in Japan, while sales more or less stayed the same if you take correction on inflation and GDP you will find that these 100 people now spent on average around 10% but up to 20% more money on anime. So as it is now the Japanese economy is the bigger enemy of anime not piracy.
>>
>>159422665
>the globalist boogeymen
JEJ, how does it feel to be literally on the wrong side of history?
>>
>It's a CrunchyRoll think they influence the anime industry in some way, shape or form episode

Just stop
>>
>>159418101
>....

Kill yourself.
>>
>>159418101
Use unlock problem.solved
>>
File: serveimage.gif (10KB, 279x305px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
10KB, 279x305px
>>159422422
It's not a question of morality, it's a question of "can they keep you from doing what you do?", if the answer to that is "no" then it comes down to your own personal choice. It is your right to take just like it is your right to give.
>>
>>159418101
>muh poor 6 million animators
>muh producers in Auschwitz
>pls gib yen
>t. Crunjewroll
>>
>tfw using crunchyroll with a stolen account
Feels good and legal to support da industry.
>>
File: IlS1E.png (276KB, 918x669px) Image search: [Google]
IlS1E.png
276KB, 918x669px
>>159418101
Jurisdiction: Switzerland

No, it's not. The Copyright Act allows anyone to pirate movies and other media in a copyright exception defined in art. 19(1) and art. 20(1). Video games, for the reference, may not be pirated because those contain computer programs, barred from the exception via art. 19(4).

Assuming that would be a torrent and you upload to other people, yes, it is. Art. 19(3) and the general right of the copyright holder to determine how a work is used and distributed (art. 10) prohibit redistribution to a broader public outside your private circle.
>>
File: NpflLInN.jpg (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
NpflLInN.jpg
18KB, 512x512px
I have a Funimation account because it felt more convenient than downloading full series. Especially considering my computer has been out of commission for a while.

Feels pretty weird. I torented all my life up until a few weeks ago when I got a subscription to catch up on dragonball
>>
>>159424575
>using torrents
Retarded.
>>
>>159418221
He does. He's not talking about torrents, he's specifically talking about shitty stream sites run by Chinese crime syndicates that make money off ads. He's telling you to not give them money.
>>
Even if I watch it "legally", I'm using adblock so not really supporting them or the website.

The best argument is how long it can take to translate some animu.

If you are a big fan of a series, you will probably support it through merch, advertising, and other means.

Viewers are not malicious by nature. Modern industry needs to embrace piracy, not fight it.

If content can be shared for free or cheap, you should work WITH that, not against it.
>>
>>159424663
How does it hold up compared it torrenting aside from convenience? Just curious.
>>
>>159424663
>supporting Funishit
>>
>>159424776
Consistent 1080p streaming. I use it primarily on my Roku. Subs and dubs for every show which is nice. Really for 6 dollars a month I don't have any outstanding problems with it. Honestly, I can't see myself going back to torrenting if the Funimation catalog and service stays this level of quality
>>
>>159418101

I don't stream. at all. I've always followed the rule "Not for sale, stream, or auction." you are essentially paying money for "official" fansubs. you literally have everything you need on the Internet and you can justify doing it by buying a fig or a shirt.
>>
I buy plastic butts, i'm allowed to pirate whatever I want and not be a crunchycuck. Dumb gook.
>>
>>159423760
Yeah, there's that too, but original argument was that they make too many shows and thus saturating the market.
We had this happen in our country with manga, when after initial success every big publisher rushed into market hoping to get their slice of pie. But first success was because volumes were cheap and it was new, but there wasn't enough people to support so much production each month for x2-3 more price tag, not to mention all cheap get gook shit, no-name manga and shitty production values. And then 2008 came and everything flopped like there's no tomorrow, with big publishes throwing manga out of the window because they wanted 10K+ sales and got only 1-2K at best.
>>
>>159421707
Targeted Attacks and infiltration.
>>
>>159424878
>Honestly, I can't see myself going back to torrenting if the Funimation catalog and service stays this level of quality
>this level of quality
I.e. shit? Fuck off shill.
>>
>>159425310
He asked my opinion. I gave it to him. If it was shit I would have said so.
>>
>>159421224
>I've never bought merch, where should I start?
buyfag.moe
Start lurking buyfag threads.
>>
Okay, I did some research, the MAL article is wrong, the source they took wasn't even about "anime DVD/BR sale", but ALL DVD/BR sales in general.

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>159425328
Your opinion is worthless since you support literal cancer level of translation. Worse only amazon&co and memecartel members.
>>
>>159423282
But they already sell streaming rights to different countries, with the result that CR does not have this series in that country.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (120KB, 1201x693px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
120KB, 1201x693px
>>159425381
>>
> muh murrkz

LOL. As if anyone on /a/ buys merchandise.
>>
>>159425608

What do you mean? look at the buyfag, you newfag.
>>
Paying for streaming services and not paying for merch instead of torrenting and paying for merch is straight up retarded.
You must be seriously casual if you think it's better.
Don't want figures on your shelf because people you know won't respect/like them or some shit?
Buy raw copies of manga.
Buy artbooks.
Buy a few BDs for shows/movies you really enjoy.
>>159425608
Troll harder faggot
>>
>>159422086
>not being aware that CR is already part of production committee for some animes

I bet that CR is part of the production committee for the new Kino anime.
>>
>>159425655
>Don't want figures on your shelf because people you know won't respect/like them or some shit?

This is precisely what some people fear. admittedly, I was afraid as well, and I once canceled my order on amiami. now? I just don't give a shit and I embrace it.
>>
File: rrrrrrrrrr.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrr.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>159418101
If I could watch them on regular tv like the japanese can I would, also those bluerays are fucking overpriced, least in japan.

In Australia they're more reasonable but even then half the stuff I like is only on dvd and I refuse to support a dying format UNLESS the series is that old, I buy figs and shit to supplement.

Hell I got into the LN of overlord after I got so hooked I couldn't wait on anime adaptions, just wish yen press would hurry the fuck up.
>>
>>159418101
Who cares about Fagmany? Get raped you stupid kraut.
>>
File: 1499350265734.png (89KB, 1201x693px) Image search: [Google]
1499350265734.png
89KB, 1201x693px
>>159425456
>>
>>159425791
>yen press
Everything translated up to date.
>>
>>159425771
At the end of the day, it's your own money.
And let's be honest there's weirder collecting-based hobbies that exist than having some cute Japanese figures on your shelf.
There's definitely plenty of merchandise people can buy that doesn't involve filling up a room with figures, people just need to look.
Shit in addition to the buyfag stuff on my shelf, character mats, keychains, I have 4 different anime glasses cases.
Heaps of shit.
>>
File: 1497581431520.gif (831KB, 267x495px) Image search: [Google]
1497581431520.gif
831KB, 267x495px
>>159421388
Got a giggle out of me.
>>
>>159418101
I hate how this quote has been misused as an attempt to shame western anime fans into paying from streaming services or buying BDs when that's not the point at all.

The actual producer said something more like he doesn't care id you want to call yourself a fan and not pay anything to see the show but asked that you don't use the illegal streaming sites that make money off of ads. I think that's perfectly understandable really. If you've worked hard on something to see someone else profiting from it while putting in no effort is going to bother anyone.
>>
>>159418101
a bunch of things are illegal but until governments start doing something about actual human trafficing I just cannot give a single fuck.

>inb4 kys
everyone dies too, not even an insult or a threat.
>>
If CR wasn't run by west coast faggots, I'd probably have a subscription
>>
b-but i buy my anime...

on steam
>>
>>159425655
>Buy raw copies of manga.
You actually don't even have to do that all the time now. Some Japanese publishers now have subsidiary companies in the west who handle their translations and publication rather than outsourcing those to other companies. Kodansha, for example, has Kodansha USA which they founded in 2008 to take over the translation of their titles in the US. You can buy Kodansha's manga directly from them in English now. I wish more companies did the same. Imagine if Shueisha had a subsidiary in America instead of licensing everything out to Viz? I mean, Viz is a great translator and everything, but it sucks that Shueisha and the rest of the Japanese don't make much money when you buy from them, compared to if you import their titles.
>>
>>159426094
Serious question though, does anybody actually do this?
>>
>>159426115
Faux-weeaboo hipsters and genuine retards do.
>>
>>159418101
>they support piracy by giving advertising revenue
Do they not realise that adblock exists? I haven't given the cartel or anybody else a single cent of ad revenue. Ads need to die.
>>
>>159421668
> I'm not sure how they see "normal" people who watch anime, or if they even exist for that matter.
The same way westerners see "normal" people that watch My Little Pony.
ie normal people don't watch it, or at the very least shut the fuck up about watching it because it's not looked upon as something normal people do.
>>
File: 1493201959506.png (140KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
1493201959506.png
140KB, 540x324px
>>159418101
Yes, it's illegal.
No, it's not "killing the anime industry", they have never relied on foreign sales.
If they want westerners to actually watch anime legally they should invest in that market and make it convenient.
>>
>>159426237
Around 30% of anime industry revenue is from overseas.
>>
>>159426237
He's not talking about westerners you retard.
>>
Piracy is great. You get free advertising and sometimes get dumbfucks like me who buys shit he enjoys. What, you think I would have bought it if I couldn't pirate it?
>>
File: 1499067764926.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499067764926.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
I always go on streaming sites because it is just more easy and frankly I don't have the shekels to spent on anime subs and buying dvds. However, I understand how deprived and degenerating the anime industry has been, and how it will continue to be shit.

I'm waiting, I know the japs have business sense and they will realize that international markets will be important as their demographic collapse deepens. So one they focus on the US market I will directly support them.

Otherwise I'm watching Sluteora illegally.
>>
>>159426622
>I always go on streaming sites
Stay there.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (27KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
27KB, 251x200px
>>159426742
Noice responce there pal, what are the alternatives? I already gave you my reasoning.
>>
File: 1497406176199.jpg (30KB, 525x382px) Image search: [Google]
1497406176199.jpg
30KB, 525x382px
>pay one month
>no streaming service has streaming rights for my AotS
>anime I don't like has shitty subtitles
>wastes bandwidth everytime
>>
>>159426829
Please lurk for two years before posting.
>>
File: molyneux.jpg (3KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
molyneux.jpg
3KB, 218x231px
>>159426896
Not.
>>
File: 1467986524836.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467986524836.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>watching streams in the current year
>PAYING for streams in the current year

do you guys have a fetish for the loading icon and bad picture quality or something
>>
>>159427004
It's summer.
>>
>>159427004

It's because they're impatient, lazy, and retarded. you can easily download an entire series in a few minutes and simply watch it. in perfect quality.

I don't get how people don't process this.
>>
As a German, amazons service, Netflix and Crunchyroll don't work. Last season, Crunchyroll had like 2 currently airing anime available for Germany. Yes, last season was an awful season for anime but the point still stands. I can't watch everything I want because of licencing rights.
So yeah, I'm gonna use HorribleSubs and whatnot to see what I want to see.
>>
>>159427225
>As a German
I'm sorry
>>
>>159419240
>he wasted money on kememe bronies
>>
>>159418101

support official steaming sites. I don't want to buy a Bluray/DVD of anime with a shipping fee bigger than the cost of product itself!
>>
>>159426101
Kadokawa practically owns Yenpress with a 51% stake. Kadokawa also basically owns Japan.
>>
>>159426829
>what are the alternatives?
You know damn well what the alternatives are.
>>
File: 1458241973751.jpg (116KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1458241973751.jpg
116KB, 900x675px
>>159427084
Reminder that torrent clients can download sequentially meaning you can watch while it downloads just like direct downloads. Reminder that streaming pieces of shit should leave.
>>
File: img_170626_01-pc.png (148KB, 886x595px) Image search: [Google]
img_170626_01-pc.png
148KB, 886x595px
>>159426217
That is complete bollocks to be honest. Not only is there plenty of mainstream anime some late night anime have quite a decent mainstream crossover. The abnormal part would be being hugely into it and obsessive.

Just look at this twitter chart. Kemono Friends compared to Beauty and the Beast in tweets. Beauty and the Beast is the biggest box office hit of the year in Japan.
>>
Great, I hate anime, I do my part killing it little by little with piracy. I am the poison on the tip of the dagger.
>>
File: 1498996253061.jpg (50KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498996253061.jpg
50KB, 384x384px
>>159427724
>when you live in second world country with economy as strong as Uzbekistan but still have more free money than average 'murican
It's my money and as long I don't consider them wasted they aren't, cry harder poorfag.
>>
>>159427084
but then they'll use VLC and we can't have that.
>>
>>159426375
When they said oversea, they mean chinks and gooks
>>
>>159419195
That makes it even better anon. I'm gonna watch the dub to see if she makes excuses for it.
>>
>>159418101

The problem is not with the pirates, the problem is with the product or people's access to it.

If I wanted to buy an anime (which I never have because I'm not a buyfag) I wouldn't know where to begin, short of just googling "buy [anime]".

BD and DVD sales are also declining in general, due to the rise in popularity of streaming and online media.
Anime studios need to adapt to this, by making their content available on streaming services for a fair fee.

You cannot simply look at piracy as the root cause of all your problems when the revenue streams for creative industries are so much more complicated than that.

Instead of viewing pirates a problem to be solved, view them as your competitor.
Provide a superior service and people will pay for it.
>>
>>159418101
I'm a buyfag so I'm already doing my part.
>>
>>159428520
You type in amazon.co.jp or amazon.com if you are buying localised anime.
>>
>>159426480
I thought I had less. Wouldn't have bought any of this were it for piracy and Borders shutting down. e
>>
My internet is not good enough to stream well. I really have to pre download whatever I want to watch. I'm not paying $100+ to watch a 12 episode series by buying physical copies either, fuck everything about that.
>>
it's not illegal
>>
>>159428688

Damn, I need to get on that level.
>>
>>159427954
not big enough apparently
>>
I usually buy a BD or two each season, which is more than god knows how many retards paying for CR.
I'm sure A-1 and Fushimi prefer having me buy their eromanga-sensei BD.
>>
I found out they localized the Anne Happy manga over here so I bought a couple volumes.
>>
>>159427084
>I don't get how people don't process this.

I'm going to use this post as an example, I always find it amusing how some people feel so, let's say, " illuminated" for using a superior, I concede that, medium compared to the rest of the casuals. However, what they failed to realize, is that casuals don't give a flying fuck about quality, they don't give a fuck about much really, except getting what they what in a time frame they consider adequate. Why going to through the hassle of downloading a torrent client, find a source for torrent files, and wait for download? When you can do that going to a single site and click play? Well there's the matter of payinf of course, but the empirical evidence shows that casuals don't care about paying for convenience, and those that don't want to or can't pay, goes to an illegal streaming site.

I, in particular, always used torrents, mostly for the music, if there comes a day streaming gives me the exact same quality as torrents I would probably use that.
>>
>>159429482
after Pandora and the Crimson Shell aired, I bought and preordered all the available manga volumes in English, even preordered the Clarion nendo.
>>
>>159421165
>the pandering to the perverts and neets is already bad enough
Except this is not happening. Sexuality's been in manga and anime since at least the 70s, you're the one who's putting it on a pedestal and making a big deal out of it. NEETs are not a target audience for anime. Pandering has never been proven to exist.
>>
>>159418968
turn off that pesky patriarchal society demand
>>
>>159427724
Still sour that it was the bigger hit compared to flop dragons?
>>
File: 1386300757874.jpg (57KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1386300757874.jpg
57KB, 400x400px
>>159418101

>blaming the decline of DVD and BD sales on pirating and illegal activity
>not because anime is turning to shit and there's less stuff worth buying every year
>>
>>159427724
People just love to equate things to MLP when they need to attack it but can't produce real arguments.
>>
Why do nips care so much about streaming numbers anyway? Wouldn't basing popularity on sales of BD's and merch be a better indicator of what brings in profit?
>>
>>159429844
>anime is turning to shit
Yeah, if you think Cowboy Bebop is the one true anime and the industry should do nothing except endlessly replicate it.
>>
>>159422142
Terrestrial and BS channels are free to watch you dumb fuck, you just need a B-CAS card and tell NHK people to fuck off

The problem is that Tokyo area gets everything first
>>
>>159429844
Bullshit, spring had 3 shows breaking the 10k mark.
You just have shit taste.
>>
Try and stop me faggots. I will keep torrenting anime until the end of time, unless streaming starts having non shit quality. When Nyaa went down like 3+ new Nyaa sites went up.

Also, I find it funny that they use Japanese Blu Ray sales as a metric to show that western fans are pirating more, which makes no sense. Why would an EOP like me ever buy a Japanese only disc copy? It's not as if streaming could be more popular in this day and age internationally or anything, leading to a decline in disc sales.

I block ads on all the piracy websites so at least they should be happy with me not giving them an money.
>>
>>159429844
I remember that even Vivid Strike sold like 5k
>>
>>159418175
This. Also they are not actually concerned if gaijin pirate anime, what they are concerned about is Japs joining in.
>>
I would buy your show if they Mr. Fukuhara if it stopped being sold out everywhere. That and if I could buy it without importing it from Japan because shipping costs are bullshit.
>>
>>159430127
He's talking about Japanese fans you dumb fuck.
>>
>>159430127
>gaijin thinks they're talking about him
>>
>>159418101
>Bluray and DVD sales down 6.1%
>Merchandise sales raised by almost the same ammount.

Nothing was lost.
>>
>>159418101
This quote was probably not meant to the western audience.
>>
>>159418101
> anime industry ignoring western market for years
> when we finally get some shitty streaming services you have to pay like 4 of them to watch all anime, which costs a fortune
> BD's take years to come to the west and their prizes are absurdly high

fix your shit service and then I will reconsider watching anime legally. until then they can fuck off
>>
>>159430873
Baka gaijin.
>>
>>159419207
>the fan community behind fansubs has more or less collapsed
Fansubs can easily make a comeback, especially considering that Netflix fucked up so bad that it revived UTW.
>>
>>159418101
Kemono Friends is like $10 on steam at the moment.
>>
>>159431260
It has a game?
>>
>>159431087
ah yeah I forgot they dont want that filthy gaijin money
>>
I just want to consume the entertainment that interests me, leech off my parents and then quietly kill myself when they die. Is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>159431296
Apparently you can buy films/TV shows on Steam. I know. It's quite baffling.
>>
>>159418101
JAP CREATORS GET PEANUTS FROM OVERSEAS LICENSES
https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/157221561
>>
>>159431302
They don't, not from westerners.
>>
Does this shit even matter if you're not a nip?
Unless its something like space dandy where it was on American tv.
>>
huh
>>
>>159427004
Well, some streaming includes 1080p.
>>
File: file.png (411KB, 680x779px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
411KB, 680x779px
>>159418968
PESKY PATRIARCHAL DEMANDS
Why does Funimation think putting politics in their dubs is a good thing?
>>
>>159419017
As far as I know, there hasn't been anything about Luvoa's body type. Then again, I avoid Tumblr and its ilk like the plague.
>>
>>159431904
Maybe they just got all butthurt about "you should try changing your body".
Out of context it sounds like something that would rile up an SJW type. In context she's a fucking dragon who chooses the T&A look to tease shotas.
>>
File: 1475778132683.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475778132683.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>159431904
>paying to get feminist bullshit shoved in your face
>distorting the original work for your political agenda
>>
>>159426101
So Shueisha does not have enough money to start a US publishing arm?
>>
>>159425655
>Buying stuff you are unable to understand.
How useless.
>>
>>159419207
>(think Youjo Senki's INSTRUCTOR line)
What was that?
>>
File: 1380442767553s.png (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1380442767553s.png
30KB, 200x200px
I love threads like this where 4chan thinks they matter at all to distributors.

Hint, nobody cares about your opinions. Crunchyroll is making tens of millions a year and has over 1,000,000 paid subscribers do you think they give a rats ass about a few thousand assholes on /a/ yelling about muh piracy?

lol, you guys are funny
>>
>>159429538
Broadcatching is a thing you know.

The series gets delivered automatically piece by piece.
>>
>>159418101
I ain't watching CR shit fuck off.
>>
File: 1490974143368.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1490974143368.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>159433004
Long story short, CR doesn't know the difference between 宣誓 (sensei) and 先生 (sensei).
>>
>>159418101
Pirating isn't """""illegal""""" despite what corporations want to trick you into thinking. Even if it was, this argument that me streaming/torrenting anime somehow hurts the industry despite me never putting a single cent into it is bullshit. If there was some way to kick twenty bucks directly to a studio if I liked their show then I'd probably do it, but I'm not going to pay some asshats like cruchyroll when the actual studios will barely see a cent of that money.
>>
What should gaijins from America and China care about what nip producers are telling nip otaku consumers not to do?
If anything, gaijins should urge nip otaku to continue stealing and torrenting anime and mock their fellow nip otaku animators for producing shitty anime filled with QUALITY.
>>
File: 1493628675111.jpg (38KB, 549x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493628675111.jpg
38KB, 549x600px
>buy releases that I like or manga that I enjoy just for the fuck of it

Really though, while I am "part" of the market, most of the Western and Eastern industry are morons and fucking greedy at this point. The drought of localization in the late 2000's just turned me off to the entire idea of ever buying again until the more niche shit started coming over, even now, they're screeching "AHHH DO IT MORE LEGALLY".

Piracy is ingrained with the Western Fandom. It will always be there because that is how we get to know these shows. No one is fucking introduced to any of these because "Oh man, Funimation did a panel about it!". Nah.

They should just be happy that their industry is still alive at this point and thriving rather than complaining about how much more they could be getting.
>>
>>159433215
>people actually pays these fuckers
Legal streaming was a mistake.
>>
>>159427225
https://sumikai.com/mangaanime/simulcast-season/

https://sumikai.com/mangaanime/simulcast-season/simulcast-sommer-season-2017-182298/

I count ~15 (current & continuing) simulcasts in Germany.

This season has 50 series + >10 continuing.

This is abysmal.

They should try to build a market together instead of fragmenting foreign markets with this bullshit.
>>
Testing. One, two, three, testing...
>>
>>159421782
>/v/tier retardation
>>
>>159427912
Reminder that torrent clients support broadcatching.
>>
>>159433529

Sorry about this post. Wanted to see if connection was good.

Getting away from that, I only go for streams from fringe sites and torrents depending on the anime. I also got a Netflix account, but that also depends on what I want to watch.
>>
>>159433128
>Crunchyroll is making tens of millions a year
the fuck it ain't
>>
>>159433392
When the only way to like anime for decades was through pirating because the nips were too retarded to exploit the western market, it's really no shock were disinclined to bow to their demands. All this shit about finally making anime more accessible for us is way too little, far too late for me. These stupid cunts did this to themselves, and now they're trying to guilt trip is like it's our fault they're terrible at capitalism.
>>
>>159431569
ANIME SERIES ARE WORK-FOR-HIRE.
THEREFORE THE PRODUCTION COMITEE GETS ANY LICENSING DOSH.

The studio accepted the job for that specific price.
>>
>>159433680
Fuck off.
>>
>>159430772
It can apply to both actually. What is written before (blu-ray sales in Japan) clearly concerns only the japanese audience. But the tweet works for both.
>>159418101
Non official ones ? Technically no.
Yes.

The "make it more available" arguments doesn't have a leg to stand on now that you can easily watch everything legally on your computer or your console. If the anime you want to watch isn't getting a simulcast, then you're perfectly justified in torrenting it imo. And I'd even say that the same goes for fucking Netflix, simulcast or nothing.
BDs are a completely different issue though. I'd say it's okay since you never know when they'll pop up and if they'll pop up at all. However once they are available you should ideally try to get them.

>>159433779
This. Either way the production commitee (or at least a part of it) will still get money. Yes importing BDs makes more money, but not everyone can import 3 BD's per seasons.
>>
I really dislike CR for their kind of shitty attitude and I want to believe they're shit on the business front, but how does one find out about their not actually contributing to the industry? Like are their sales numbers and whatever that show them not contributing? I just wanna see so that my answer when someone asks isn't "a guy told me about it on the internet".
>>
>>159434125
The tweet was written in Japanese. The only reason westerners could understand it in the first place was because someone translated it for them. It was not meant for them.
>>
File: a front flip into the abyss.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
a front flip into the abyss.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>>159418968
>pesky patriarchal demands
>>
>>159434173
The money CR pays for the license gets directly into the pot of the production committee.
Therefore the series has to sell less BD's to be deemed successful.
>>
>>159418101
>tweet says one thing
>people completely distort it in order to get a catchier news article for all those sweet clicks
I'll never stop being surprised at how scummy news sites are.
>>
>>159434386
Thanks for the answer. I have another question. Is it shitty to expect every show ever to appear on subscription services? Like I think it's fucked up when I look at CR and see that they don't have like Hajime no Ippo or whatever, like if it's a paid subscription it should have everything but I know that's hyper unreasonable. Their are a lot of shows out there. Same with Netflix. I just feel kind of bad when I shy away from them because they don't have everything but also if I'm paying why don't I get everything when I already get everything for free?

>>159434336
Is that kid fucking dead?
>>
>>159433496
Im all for simulcasts but this is the one thing I hate about it. In my country we have : Crunchyroll, ADN, Wakanim, Netflix. Wich doesn't even cover everything.
So if you want to watch everything legally and not have to deal with shit quality and ads you'll spend 23 euros per month and you'll still have to pirate shit. And let's not forget about Netflix's shitty binge watch model.
At this point Im praying that Netflix back off and that ADN dies.
>>159434173
They are contributing to the industry anyway since they at least have to buy licenses. Less does not mean none.
To really know how much money is made, you have to look at how much CR spend when they buy a new license and if the contract have something about the number of views or not. Wich would be incredibly difficult to get your hands on. So you can only rely on industry insiders for that, and both sides will have reasons to show good numbers.
>>159434278
Oh it was in japanese ? Then yeah it's obvious. Japanese rarely tweets in english but I figured it might be the case this time.

>>159434625
When you're used to pirating it's normal to think like that. That's how I think as well. But if you think about it, japanese people don't get everything on one channel either, and some of those channels are cable only like WOWOW, BS11, AT-X, etc. So if a japanese person want to be able to watch everything on his tv he'll have to make sure his service include enough channels.
So yes, it's unreasonnable to expect everything on one service since no service has everything in the first place.
>>
>>159434625
>Is it shitty to expect every show ever to appear on subscription services?
Is it shitty to want a legal way to watch it while it comes out.

Last season had 42(!) new series (not continuing) simulcasts in the US.

In contrast Germany: 31 series last season (incl. continuing)
current German season: 15 of (50+>10) series simulcasts announced.
>>
>>159434920
>japanese people don't get everything on one channel either
MAL should include Channel information (regarding Pricing and PayTV so that people get this)
>>
>>159434336
I've seen this gif before but I naver found out what happened to this kid, any clues?
>>
Hi MAL
>>
>>159435597
They never found him.
>>
>>159435663
Hi MEL.
>>
>>159418101
>People who watch illegally uploaded content should stop, they basically support piracy by giving advertising revenue to the people responsible for these uploads

no i don't you idiot i use adblock.
do these people even think before writing?
>>
>>159434920
>And let's not forget about Netflix's shitty binge watch model.
Impatient kids these days.
Why, back then, we actually had to watch anime on TV. And the anime we watched was already a decade old in Japan, sometimes even two or three.
>>
>>159435987
Nip pirates don't know how to use adblock.
>>
>>159435987
>do these people even think before writing?
You're the one who isn't capitalizing the Is on your sentence, though.
>>
>>159436170
yeah also didn't capitalize the word at the start of the sentence i must be retarded.
>>
I'll pay for CR when their translations aren't abyssal and their video encoding isn't done by a 3rd grader
>>
>>159434125
Nobody should ever buy nip bds that have only 2 episodes on them. Such a behavior shouldn't be rewarded at all.
And the ones mostly losing out are just the disc producers. If they pull off from the late-night anime market, their place will just be taken by the ones that sell the electronic rights to it.
And in most cases, the disc producers are also the ones selling the streaming licenses anyway.
>>
>>159436275
You also jumped a line after the greentext, like those illiterate faggots on plebdit and MAL.
Glad that you recognize it.
>>
I will continue to do anything for free if I can
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.