[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /a/ like trigun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 4830.jpg (170KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4830.jpg
170KB, 1600x600px
does /a/ like trigun?
>>
>>159374165
I don't know, but I sure as fuck do
>>
>>159374165
Watched it in French dub, one of my all-time favorites. Couldn't stand Japanese Milly and Meryl getting high pitched children voices.
>>
>>159374165
yes
>>
>>159375165
>MIIIILLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>159374165
The anime is good, but the ending is shit. The manga is the best.
>>
*does /a/ adore trigun ?
and to answer that question, absolutely
>>
How could anyone not?
>>
the correct way to make a moralfag
>>
>>159374165
I thought it was great. The "arm turning into alien space laser canon" part was strange, but other than that it was pretty good.
>>
I like the series but I'm not very fond of the "villain hates the protagonist SO MUCH his only goal is making him suffer for suffering's sake" trope
>dude I want you to literally kill me because i know you hate killing people or else i'm going to kill some innocents and/or kill myself and it will be on your hands
>>
>>159375968
i usually hate that too but it was done pretty damn well in Trigun
>>
>>159375968
read the mango
>>
>>159374165
The only moralfag I've ever seen that feels like he truly believes in it without being annoying.
>>
Trigun is great. The perfect balance of humor and drama.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeaJhTmaOu8
>>
>>159376934
>The perfect balance of humor and drama
>dozens of innocents being gunned down one second
>vash yelling and making silly faces the next
>balance
>>
Solid show, though some of the early episodes felt like a waste of time. I also don't really like Vash that much- he's just a bit TOO goofy and dumb when not in "serious mode" for me, compared to someone like Kenshin Himura.
>>
>>159374165
sure why not
>>
I'll be frank and say the tonal and stylistic inconsistencies are essentially the “death sentence” for Trigun, because it taints just about every aspect of this anime and makes it so painful to watch. It's like the writers of Trigun couldn't decide between making a cartoonish and light-hearted shoot em' up anime or being a serious action anime with plenty of drama and elaboration of clashing philosophies, so they settled upon the worst option and chose both. Now mixing comedy with drama isn't a bad idea in and of itself when done properly. The problem with the overwhelming majority of anime titles that have both elements is that the comedic elements usually share equal (if not greater) space with the dramatic elements, and the aesthetics of the comedy don't match the overall aesthetics of the anime in question.
>>
It's good but people overhype it by comparing it to Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>159381304
>The problem with the overwhelming majority of anime titles that have both elements is that the comedic elements usually share equal (if not greater) space with the dramatic elements, and the aesthetics of the comedy don't match the overall aesthetics of the anime in question.
This was also a big problem I had with FMA Brotherhood but they mostly sorted it out by the second half.
>>
I'm going through it right now and I'm really digging it

>>159377444
The contrast is so extreme that it harmonizes
>>
>>159381398
>The contrast is so extreme that it harmonizes

no, its jarring and completely out of place
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.