[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are anime nowadays so shit at expressing subtle and complex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: flcl.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
why are anime nowadays so shit at expressing subtle and complex emotional states?
>>
File: 1491935544388.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491935544388.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>159365750
what are you talking about
>>
>>159365750
Wasn't she used goods in the show?
>>
>>159366500
showing mixed feeling, i.e my initual pic in where the mc likes what she is doing and yet is reluctant for various reasons.

you do not see shit like this now adays you only get a bland sad face or a bland happy face; never do we get anything complicated.
>>
Because Idolshit and Moeshit sells
>>
>>159365750
Capturing that complexity well in animation can be difficult and more importantly it requires having well thought out characters that would be capable of complex emotions. You can't animate consistent believable emotion unless the character actually has it.

>why are anime nowadays so shit
Most of the anime that came out around the same time as FLCL weren't of the same caliber either.
>>
>>159367557
why do you think writers and producers do not understand that if they want to create a lasting anime a prerequisite of that is that they both write and animate complex characters.
>>
>>159367072
how do you even connect those things to what the op said fucking idiot
>>
File: mpv-shot0018.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0018.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
huh?
>>
>>159365750
Autists took over
>>
>>159367869
Understanding is one thing, executing is another. Writers and producers probably do understand, but it's difficult to write and develop interesting and believable characters in a way that sticks with the viewer while also standing out from others.

Anime is like most other mediums, it's a business first and foremost and trying to deliver on things like complex and opaque characters could be considered risky. When they release a product, they want to release something that has a good chance of succeeding. Having simple, often archetypal, characters is one piece of the puzzle to creating a safe and successful product that will please the largest audience.

For FLCL as an example, it's great, and somehow works despite being complex and little convoluted. Achieving that is not easy to do, and it's why FLCL is considered a classic.
>>
>>159366647
You say that like it matters.
>>
>>159367882
it could be argued that a lower iris to eye ratio could be a factor. for us the direction the eyes are looking at help signify an emotional state see >>159367936
>>
>>159368744
interesting, one wonders whether or not the production of the medium expanding(i.e. chinese anime and shit) would force the producers to be more inclined to take risks, or will they instead forgo catering to an international audience and instead opt to cater to a domestic one?

I hope it is the former, but one could very easily expect the latter.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.