[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best isekai manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Is this the best isekai manga?
>>
Harem.
NO.
>>
>edgy gary stu
Maybe it was a nice read at the start.
>>
It's pretty edgy, but if you get past that, it's fairly good. If you like isekai, though, you're better off looking in light novels. There are series with 10+ full books but only 10-20 manga chapters since it takes more time to pump out drawings rather than writing words.
>>
Waiting for the anime, Animated Raphtalia and Firo
>>
File: 'wink'.jpg (489KB, 950x1351px) Image search: [Google]
'wink'.jpg
489KB, 950x1351px
Nah, it's mid tier at best not even the fun kind of isekai.
>>
The only "isekai" that isn't shit is Log Horizon because it's the only thing that actually bothers to explore its world and the philosopical and social ramifications. Everything else is just "dude i'm an ordinary highschool boy (just like you, reader!!) and now i get a harem of elf waifus and dual magic swords n trenchcoatz n sheeit" and can fuck right off.
>>
how long you fags will using the same pic as op
>>
>>159363925
Mushoku Tensei.

Gets ecchi right, which is great because most authors and artists don't see that there's a science to that shit and don't know the difference between sex and sexy.

Satisfies the wish fulfillment aspect to the utmost degree with girls with varied personalities and backstories and body types and a main character who actually tries his damndest to bone them and sneak peeks instead of these "muh honor" faggots.

It's funny, and yeah the MC is a Mary sue, but on the flipside once it satisfies the needs of the pervs it's got better world building than most recent entries into the genre at least since its come back as a fad and gets bonus points for deconstructing how tragic being an ageless loli is
>>
>>159363925
Best isekai is Youjo Senki, Drifters, or Outbreak Company.
>>
>>159368112
>newfags crying about isekai after they read 5 novels
>>
I was great when it was Naofumi's comfy trading adventures trying to win the people's trust with the girls keeping his edge in check. Then the characters had to stagnate super hard so the plot could happen and it turned into garbage.
>>
Slime Datta Ken is the best cause there's 0 haremshit, world building, country building and cool lore.

Also the MC is a Mary Sue but still not the strongest shit there.

It's my favorite anyway.
>>
>>159368112
>I have watched 2 isekai shows.
>>
>>159368112
To be fair log horizon is less isekai, and more scifi at a later point, literally 1000s of people got transported to that world and it becomes increasingly less game like the longer the story goes.
>>
>>159368112
Tribe building isekai like Tensei Shitara Slime are fun to read desu.
>>
>>159369658
>>159369770
These
>>
Its one of the first popular isekai on /a/ so it gets talked about a lot, don't confuse popular with good, it's nowhere near decent. Then again isekai as a genre is shit already.
>>
>>159363925
hans
raidou
dragoon

it's a better one, because it has a tad of self control, but not the best
>>
>>159363925
The best start of any isekai or any manga.
>>
>>159363941
Harem
YES.
>>
>>159372273
Yeah it has a really good start. But the manga sucks ass.
>>
File: 1475360112666.png (54KB, 366x383px) Image search: [Google]
1475360112666.png
54KB, 366x383px
>>159366535
>heals a slave whos face was literally punched and smashed because of her beauty until it no longer resembled a face with her teeth knocked out and body covered in scars from torture. Buys her at a low price after she's damaged then as she opens up to him he tries to sell her as a slave again to turn a profit
>fun
>>
>>159368362
>satisfies my degenerate fantasies
>good
whatever tickles your pickle mate.
>>
>>159366535
Source?
>>
>>159368112
Watch old isekai

Twelve Kingdoms is great
>>
I'm so sick of fucking self-insert wank fantasies for insectoid nip teenagers
>No roman century of Legionnaires stuck in fantasyland using superior tactics against unorganized rabble and causing political shift as they influence a local minor kingdom
>No Achilles from Greek myth forgoing all bullshit skills/magic to overcome monsters with pure technique alone, in the form of an epic with trials like the Odyssey
>No [country]'s special forces rifleman summoned to fantasyland to defeat a dark lord and slowly but surely building a ragtag gunpowder army to desperately have an edge against unworldly horrors
>No /tg/ protag summoned to fantasy realm pulls every trick in the book with batman-tier prep time to just barely overcome the unforgiving D&D rules of the world and work his way up to the big bad while having a developing wholesome relationship with a local kemono girl with whom he eventually chooses to stay with and marry and engage in lovemaking for the purpose of procreation
>>
>>159372257
thanks for the recs
>>
I still buy these manga books and I am always surprised by the typos. The story is decent.
>>
>>159373544
I've done proofreading for a professional LN translation and I discovered like 9 egregious errors on my sole underpaid pass. I'm not sure other publishers even bother with that.
>>
Its pretty good, the character/ world building it has been doing in the last few chapters has me in high hopes for its future.
>>
>>159372677
>No roman century of Legionnaires stuck in fantasyland using superior tactics against unorganized rabble and causing political shift as they influence a local minor kingdom
Videssos Cycle, Harry Turtledove. Roman legion and a single Celtic faggot gets transported to not-Rome with magic.
>>
>>159372677
>No Achilles from Greek myth forgoing all bullshit skills/magic to overcome monsters with pure technique alone
nigga he cheated, motherfucker got dipped in magic water
>>
>>159372459
Are you actually hating on Mushoku Tensei?
>>
>>159375670
He's saying you suck at selling a premise.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.