[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it´s a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: steinsgate_500.jpg (204KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
steinsgate_500.jpg
204KB, 500x728px
it´s a masterpiece?
>>
>>159361255
It is. The visual novel I mean as the anime is just ok
>>
No, it's shit.
>>
>>159361255
It's pretty good. The visual novel is God tier tho.
And Steins;Gate 0 is shit. Like, utter money milking boring filler mixed with straigt crap and unapologetic character gutting. Do not waste your time with it.
>>
>inb4 hurrr reddit
>>
>>159361506
The vn is shit.
The only redeeming part being the suzuha ending.
>>
>>159361766
>And Steins;Gate 0 is shit. Like, utter money milking boring filler mixed with straigt crap and unapologetic character gutting. Do not waste your time with it.
>t. shit eating pleb
>>
>>159361255
>DUDE REDDIT AND SHITTY COLA COMMERCIAL LMAO
>>
>>159361766
>unapologetic character gutting
You just throwing around words you don't understand? The character interaction in it was perfect.
>>
>>159361506
this
>>
>>159361255
I liked it a lot because it subverted my expectations
I thought it was just some stupid anime bullshit and was going to write it off because it's not my cup of tea
Stuck it out because a friend convinced me too and was not disappointed

It danced that line of what the fuck is real and what is make-believe really well. When shit hit the fan and real shit started happening, I was hooked.
Definitely recommend, but it's not a masterpiece.
>>
>>159361255
The anime was really well done. I prefer to watch it than replay the VN despite the missing scenes. The video message from future Okabe was especially well directed in the anime, got goosebumps from it.
>>
>>159362211
Are you okay?
>>
>>159362193
>t. idiot who eats whatever shit land on his plate as long as it has attached the name of the franchise.
>>159362237
No it wasn't, but you will understand once your age reaches double digits.
>>
>>159362905
>No it wasn't, but you will understand once your age reaches double digits.
So basically you're just shitposting and probably haven't even played the game.
>>
File: 1497036576887.jpg (104KB, 992x699px) Image search: [Google]
1497036576887.jpg
104KB, 992x699px
>>159361255
The VN is great, the anime's alright. Didn't like how they changed the part with Moeka, plus all of the other things that were missing.

Don't ever touch S;G0.
>>
>>159361506

This. Anime's good, VN doesn't hold back on anything.

Also, don't know if it's a controversial take at this point but Steins;Gate Zero is really good. It doesn't do much as a direct sequel but as far as giving heaps of background and context to the established events its terrific.
>>
>>159363605
>Also, don't know if it's a controversial take at this point
it's not, there's just a shitposter hanging around
>>159362140

also here's the previous thread
>>159316910
>>
>>159363605
>controversial take
Not really, I enjoyed it myself. Not as much as the first but I liked how much it added to the overal world of S;G, which is why I consider both games as one big package. Really adds to the overall experience.
Though, it seems controversial to like 0 because there's 1-2 anons who at any given moment feel the need to remind everybody how much they hate it. Plenty of people liked 0, it's just not universally praised like the original. It's just like the reception to the movie, many people like it but the ones that hate it are so overly vocal about it.
>inb4 hurrr muh superior taste
>>
>>159363201
Look, I'm pretty drunk right now but if you really wannna dance I'll tell you in detail why I fucking loathe S;G 0.

First of all, Okabe is a former of his former self. Yeah, yeah,I get that he is hurt and all that, but I mean in the brief moments when he goes back to his former persona, the guy who wrote the scene could not think of anything to say beyond "because I am a mad scientisto, bwahahahaha!". Literally, all the ingenuity and unpredictability of the original is gone, leaving us with a mere charicature who repeats mindlessly the motto.

Then you have Mayuri. In the original VN we would see notable character development, but in S;G 0 they ran out of ideas and just included Kagari as a way to somehow expand on her. Kagari adds nothing new, except for artificial drama. Or are you going to tell me you cared about her the same way you cared about the original cast? Of course not, but let's continue with Faris. In the original one, she drops the cutesy nyan-speak whenever she gets serious. In S;G 0, she persists even during that brief war episode.

Also you have this one moment where Ruka dies. Total lack of tension, since you know they are going to roll back time in a few minutes. Maho's only characterizations are "muh Saliery" and "don't tease me about Okabe", which they repeat scene after scene after scene. Quite similiar to what they do with Suzuha. I can't even recall how many scenes with Daru she has where nothing of note happens.
>>
>>159363605
To me, Zero is disappointing in some part, but calling it shit is just exaggerating.

Phenogram though, now that is garbage.
>>
>>159363867
>because there's 1-2 anons

There's a lot more than that, be honest. I know you like 0, but at this point you're just plugging your ears.
>>
>>159363937
cont.

Mechanically, the choices are not particularly well designed. In the original you'll see the link between choice and consequence. In S;G 0 it could not be more arbitrary. If you respond to a call, you'll get into X route instead of Y. Not a very grave flaw, but still shows uncalled for arbitrariety. Also the plot is a fucking mess. I remember at least two scenes where the protagonists were too stupid to live and got the gus snatched out of their hands only to be saved in extremis by the writer asspulls (kind of fair, since they were brought into that retarded situation by his lust for artificial drama, in the first place). Also, that one scene where Kagari gets kidnapped lacked any kind of consistency, because Okabe could just have time leaped two hours to solve the thing...

There is more, but by now you should get the point.

If you still like it, good for you (people like Umineko afterall, at least you are not one of those easily deluded morons), but that doesn't make all these inconsistencies less glaring.
>>
>>159363937
>First of all, Okabe is a former of his former self. Yeah, yeah,I get that he is hurt and all that, but I mean in the brief moments when he goes back to his former persona, the guy who wrote the scene could not think of anything to say beyond "because I am a mad scientisto, bwahahahaha!".
You should try not playing drunk. With Reyes he was trying his hardest to play the fool to buy time. In the other times it's explained he does it to give himself courage, he never goes back to his fomer persona he was far too broken for that.
>Literally, all the ingenuity and unpredictability of the original is gone, leaving us with a mere charicature who repeats mindlessly the motto.
Hearing a critique from a guy who couldn't even understand why Okabe did what he did even with them literally explaining it to you ingame is worthless

>Then you have Mayuri. In the original VN we would see notable character development,
You mean in an entirely different world line? Though you'd be wrong regardless as they expanded more on her relationship with Okabe, and how she viewed things. There was also the scene were Okabe felt bad for a sec when he learned Mayuri had a daughter in the futer(adopted but he thought otherwise) which was a nice touch to their relationship.

>Of course not, but let's continue with Faris. In the original one, she drops the cutesy nyan-speak whenever she gets serious. In S;G 0, she persists even during that brief war episode.
You mean when they're safe and supposedly heading towards a sanctuary then they get reunited with each other in one happy moment for everyone?

>Also you have this one moment where Ruka dies. Total lack of tension, since you know they are going to roll back time in a few minutes
And we know how the game was going to end from the getgo sounds like you're just reaching for complaints. You also ignored the main point of the scene which was Rukako asking if he was finally one of them

and I reached the post char limit
>>
>>159361255
good but definitely overrated
*cough*redditandmalfags*cough*
>>
>>159364841
>You also ignored the main point of the scene which was Rukako asking if he was finally one of them
Which tied into the scene with Kagari where he was asking Suzuha what they were hiding from him

>>159363937
>Maho's only characterizations are "muh Saliery" and "don't tease me about Okabe", which they repeat scene after scene after scene. Quite similiar to what they do with Suzuha. I can't even recall how many scenes with Daru she has where nothing of note happens.
I hope you're just shitposting but I get the feeling you're just actually retarded
>>
>>159365024
>Which tied into the scene with Kagari where he was asking Suzuha what they were hiding from him
because he was depressed about it and felt like they didn't consider him one of them*
>>
>>159364116
>plugging your ears
I specifically said 1-2 anons who feel the need to remind everybody how much they hate 0. You seem to be implying that I think only 1-2 anons hate 0, which is not what I said.
>>
>>159364841
>>159365024
I see, no reasoning with you two I guess. Well, thank you for supporting the industry, no matter how far it falls. Be sure to buy Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya blue rays too!
I wish I could rationalize crap as good as you. It certainly would make my life easier.
>>
>>159365304
>I wish I could rationalize crap as good as you.
You can't even understand what was plainly stated or shown in the VNs you read. You're better off drinking
>>
>>159361255
yes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.