[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the greatest moment in any romance anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 29

File: 1498878246003.png (687KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498878246003.png
687KB, 1280x720px
>"B-b-but it's just some boy screaming all alone at a train!"

No shit you dumb sluts but let me tell you why this is fucking art. Tsuki Ga Kirei, most will tell you, is a quiter anime than most. There's no "NANIIII?!!?" or shrieking over comedy hijinks. Characters speak normal and softly, our two main characters even more than others. The entire premise is these two introverted kids stumbling through life and into romance, not sure what the fuck they're really doing. At most they'll mumble some encouragements to each other, at worst sit beside each other in silence. Of course they open to one another over the course of the series, but it's all still little steps forward, like poking your toe into a river to check the temperature.

So then the ending happens. It's over. He's already missed his chance, the train is gone, his first love shooting off to someplace without even a goodbye. But he doesn't give up. Instead he runs his ass off to some stupid outlook next to where the train passes by, and to do what?

To fucking SCREAM. This introverted quiet young boy, who had spent the past 12 episodes slowly putting one foot forward in front of the other, mumbling his way through a relationship, standing in silence confused when the girl he loved cried, suddenly just shouts at the top of his lungs.

That was the change right there. He was no longer that confused timid boy, unsure of what love or growing up was. He had become a man, and he was going to chase the girl he loved to the ends of the earth and time itself.

Fuck it I'm crying again fuck you people. I just finished this anime and had to type something out.
>>
Ok.
>>
Chinatsu still has a chance!
>>
>>159310066
It was brief, it was sweet, I liked it!
>>
File: 1498323926938.jpg (125KB, 643x744px) Image search: [Google]
1498323926938.jpg
125KB, 643x744px
>>
You are gushing over the most cliched way a romance can end. Running for a train as the love interest boards? How many times has this been done?
>>
>>159310783
confirmed for hasn't seen the show
>>
>>159310066
Your argument is right but you're still rating it too highly.
>>
Meh.
>>
File: 000611b4_357140.png (508KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
000611b4_357140.png
508KB, 1280x720px
It was the best romance anime I have seen in a long time. Very modern, very grounded in the real world. And what a satisfying ending.
>>
100 yen has been deposited into your line account
>>
File: nanndemonaiya.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nanndemonaiya.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>159310066
>>
Who would have thought a love story about cell phones could be this good.
>>
>>159311095
>who would have thought an anime advertisement for LINE™ could be this good
>>
It was a very nice and simple story. Refreshing, to be honest. And it had a happy ending.

Felt good, man.
>>
Even with all of the LINE advertising, this was the best show last season and one I'll be rewatching. Too bad there isn't anything similar this season.
>>
>>159310066
"Mochizou, daisuki! Dozo." is better.
Toradora's kiss is better.
Dominic and Anemone's reunion is better.
>>
>>159311593
No
Maybe
I really wish I could have seen this but I just didn't like any of the characters. The relationship between those two seemed interesting but they weren't onscreen long enough to keep me watching. Everyone else were awful people I were supposed to empathize with.
>>
I thought for sure the ending was leading up to them breaking up and then the epilogue showing him fondly reminiscing about his first love as a successful author while married to that tomboy whore. Glad that didn't happen.
>>
>>159311936
>Everyone else were awful people I were supposed to empathize with.
Really? I thought they did a dam good job of making flawed characters I still liked. Even Holland, who gets the most hate for being a shitty person, worked through that, and you were never supposed to like his shittiness.
>>
>>159311328

Reminder:
>*Azumi looks at LINE™ *
>"No."
>>
>>159310066
Sorry, the beta fag lost his chance and she is on her way to fuck some big cock chads like a good girl.
>>
>>159312394
He was the chad, bro.
>>
>when some retard unironically brings up toradora or kimi na wa when youre having a conversation about the masterpiece that tsuki ga kireis writing and direction
If you want to list contenders then at least bother to be reasonable and name white album 2, touch, maison ikkoku or nodame. Granted, all of those are worse as wel but at least they are close.
>>
>>159313411
Toradora is actually the exact reason Tsuki Ga Kirei is such a breath of fresh air. Toradora is full of those stupid ass misunderstandings and drawn out retarded drama that Tsuki Ga threw off in favor of actually exploring a fucking romance.

The romance in Kimi na is not the main focus and I have no idea why it's brought up. Shinkai wrote a couple without a bad ending so I guess people are overhyping it or something.
>>
The ending montage was so cheesy, it would have been better off if they just showed them reconnecting as they're in high school and letting you imagine the rest.
>>
>>159315285
>letting you imagine the rest.
Fuck off, those are to most shitty, inconclusive endings ever.
>>
Garbage animation.
Cliche trying to not be cliche.
Happy ending after timeskip.
Rushed romance (anime starts and ends in their final junior high year)
Forced drama, see above.

It's babby's first take on animu romance.
>>
>>159315399
>every romance has to show the couple married or it's inconclusive

A photo of them married carries little weight with such a montage, it's just a reminder that all of this took place in their final year of middle school. Am I supposed to believe they stayed the same throughout their adult years and most of their development was in middle school?
>>
>>159315485
Nice attempt, needs more buzzwords though.
>>
>>159313411
>when some retard unironically brings up toradora when youre having a conversation about the masterpiece that tsuki ga kireis writing and direction
I brought up a specific scene from Toradora during a conversation about a specific scene from Tsuki ga Kirei. The overall quality of the shows is not relevant.
>>
File: 1480993193105.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480993193105.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>159311593
>VASCU-
>ANEMONEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
File: main.jpg (310KB, 1600x1537px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
310KB, 1600x1537px
>no one has mentioned the real greatest romance anime of all time
>>
The main couple has absolutely zero chemistry. It's just a tale of puppy love that turns into real love off screen in a montage at the end of the show.
>>
>>159316814
The love is too pure. It's not raw or visceral like the love in WA2 or Kuzu no Honkai where you can feel the intensity of their lust. I never got the feeling the couple in Tsuki ga Kirei wanted to move beyond kissing. That's fine if a series is about leading up to two people getting together, but it's not as effective when the two get together early on.
>>
>>159317067
I don't think lust is necessary, you can have enjoyable character interaction between a couple without it being about sex. Ore Monogatari is fine in this regard. Akane and Azumi have the personality of a plank of wood when they're with each other, they only show hints of character when they're alone or with their friends. The whole show takes place within the phase of a relationship where you can't even be yourself around the person, and it feels really unsatisfying for that.
>>
>>159316438
Nope
>>
This thing was on page 10, just let it die already. No one gives a shit about this flop.
>>
>>159311936
>I really wish I could have seen this but I just didn't like any of the characters. The relationship between those two seemed interesting but they weren't onscreen long enough to keep me watching. Everyone else were awful people I were supposed to empathize with.

You right. I went into eureka without any expectations and ended up hating every single character besides them and infertile couple.
>>
>>159319939
>Infertile
If that's Ray and his wife (shit forgot her name) then yeah them. The moment they blew up and I realized we were going back to stuck up asshole hippies I was done.
>>
>>159320569
Anon, Ray is the wife. Her husband is Charles. Their name is literally Ray Charles, this shouldn't be hard to remember.
>>
>>159322081
I'm such an idiot.
>>
Dropped this on ep 10
>>
>>159310066
Anime without hijinks is just a regular J-drama.
>>
It's the most overrated romance after WA2. At least it wasn't bad but being inoffensive doesn't excuse the hype.

Kids on the Slope is an example of a good romance.
>>
I mean if what you wanted was the most simple love story ever told with no real drama and meh animation you got it.
I guess it makes sense that because something like is not made often at all the fanbase will overrate it tremendously, since its so rare.
But rare doesnt mean good, I found it really boring.
>>
>>159322869
Kids on the Slope was a pretty good musical show stusaddledk with a really lackluster romance.
>>
>>159310066
I thought it was dumb, but still, that shit made me cry like nothing ever has. The ending scenes fucking killed me.
>>
>>159311095
>>159311328
Wait a moment.
>LINE™
>Cellphones
>Love story
>AI
>KEITAI
KEITAI FINDS A WAY.

EVERY LOVE STORY THAT INVOLVES CELLPHONES WILL BE 10/10 ALWAYS
>>
Have any of you noticed shows about romance that involve Shinto or other traditional shit end up becoming the greatest thing every time?
>>
>>159322923
You've never loved in your life faggot.
>>
>>159323077
>have no argument
>I know Ill attack the person!

I hope you are underage.
>>
>>159322923
Theres no point in even arguing with people like you since the subtle voice acting and the impeccable writing clearly went over your head. You'll claim that character development doesnt exist or that the characters are flat in general, when the only legitimate point of criticism are the visuals in form of the shoddy animation. We get it, you either didnt pay attention, couldnt be bothered to pay attention or pretend to have paid attention, theres no point in constantly repeating yourself in every single thread.
>>
>>159311067
I totally agree, this was an extremely grounded anime, it could easily be adapted into a live drama.
The voice acting wasn't over the top, or trying too hard to sound like an anime character, and like OP stated there were never any instances where characters felt too out of place.
Even Roman for all his flamboyance had times where he was acting like a normal kid.

>>159311593
I loved Anemone and Domnic, but that's a completely different kind of show, you're comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>159323045
except true tears
>>
>>159322923
>with no real drama
Yes it's exactly what I wanted, a standard anime romance has contrived plot bullshit like misunderstandings and coincidental events that prolong the drama.
That's fine if the show is trying to be extra flashy and melodramatic, but this one is a more down to earth story that focuses on the actual relationship instead of the stuff leading up to it.

Had this been like 90% of romance anime the episode where they start going out would've been the last one and they would've dragged out the chinatsu plotline.

I mean the fact that the show doesn't even vilify or portray the other competing love interests as bad people is enough to say for how maturely it was handled.
Another anime would've introduced characters like chinatsu and the running club chad in an antagonistic light and would've never given them the closure that they got here.
The fact that Akane forgave Chinatsu without any dramatic BS alone should speak volumes.
>>
File: wjz9t5Q.png (2MB, 1982x1400px) Image search: [Google]
wjz9t5Q.png
2MB, 1982x1400px
>>159310066
no
>>
>>159323418
All that focus on the relationship, and they still have the most boring interactions in the entire show. To compare Tsuki ga Kirei to true anime romance masterpieces like WA2 and Clannad After Story with actually memorable couples is an insult.
>>
>>159323418
The main girl being magnanimous is the common formula and is the easy way out because it doesn't compromise that character's likeability, change the nature of the established character interactions or introduce new conflict that has to be resolved. There's nothing wrong with it, but to consider something like that especially worthy of praise is baffling when it's not exactly this rare thing that make it sound like.
>>
>>159323604
Dude, OP here and Fujiyama is in my top 10 manga ever. Noticed I said 'anime' in the OP though, so I'm going to dodge your post because I don't even want to compare the two.
>>
>>159316438
>still no epilogue chapter
>still no OST release
FUCKING
WHEN
>>
>>159323651
They're two introverted kids, of course their interactions are gonna be boring.
Even the MC has to develop enough balls to tell his own parents what school he wants to got to.
WA2 and Clannad were both fine, but even though I like them I like this show for its less flamboyant and theatrical take on the subject.
Having gushy cutesy relationship moments is fine and all, but not every couple is going to interact that way nor do they have to.

>>159323706
I totally get that its been done many times and honestly I usually find that kind of character trait boring, but I think I just like the way it was utilized in this series.
One reason this could be is that as mentioned before this series is very grounded.
Sure Akane is a calm and soft-spoken type of girl, but this isn't the only way she is depicted within the series.
We often see her lose her temper with her sister which I thought was an important detail because it gives her slightly more depth beyond her outward persona.

This goes for everyone. Characters in Tsuki ga Kirei aren't hyper active, although they have individual personalities they aren't written and treated as caricatures or archetypes, so they act with a certain level of realism while expressing their own traits.
>>
Just picked this shit up. I've been so tired of anime for a while and having one without all the tropes and shit is incredibly refreshing.
>>
File: 1435457871018.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1435457871018.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>159310066
>This is the greatest moment in any romance anime
Try again
>>
>>159310066
It doesn't even hold a candle to Scarborough Fair in SukaSuka
>>
>>159323788
Search for OST on youtube. First part is already out.
>>
>>159312232
Main cast cast gave very strong 3DPD vibe.
Maybe they were objectively interesting characters, maybe some people even enjoyed their development.
But all i felt is rage. I didn't want little shits and assholes in my animes.

While Dominique and Anemone opposite, they were fictitious and almost idyllic characters, but their story and resolution was a single worthwhile thing in otherwise godawful shitfest.
>>
Remember when Tsuki ga Kirei threads were fun? Now its about tsukifags trying brag about the show on how it is like some insecure fuckboys. Are you just looking for retarded arguments when you try to exclaim that Tsuki is the best romance series?
>>
>>159326153
No one here said it's the best outside of OP, most anons are just saying why the like it.
>>
>>159326153
Maybe if all the haters would fuck off, we could have a hugbox thread.

A lot of other shows have one on /a/ why not this one?
>>
>>159326293
Have you been ignoring the multiple Tsuki ga Kirei is the best romance anime threads?
>>
>>159323210
The animation was great though. All the money went into the crying faces shading.
>>
File: Roman.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Roman.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>159326328
I don't come to /a/ too much anymore since it's just generals.

>>159326334
Not enough money is going into an extra OVA for best boy though
>>
>>159326298
>A lot of other shows have one on /a/ why not this one?
Worst reasoning ever to build yet another general-tier thread.
>>
>>159326052
The OST is just beautiful.

https://youtu.be/jGnPB4jgliM
>>
>>159310066
Hey man thanks for your opinion on the final episode.

I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1455915000857.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455915000857.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>159325876
shit had my heart dead
>>
>>159326052
Anyone know that piano remix of the main theme that plays during important scenes? It plays when they watch the fireworks at the park and during the beginning of the final episode.

>>159326153
>Tsuki threads
>Fun
I think it's the greatest romance anime ever but the threads were fucking shit. 99% of posting were people pushing NTR shit or shitposting about Chinatsu or even worse a combination of both.

Thank god the threads mostly only went up when the episode aired, hit max post limit, then died without continuation.
>>
>>159326758
>previews bait drama

Gee, I wonder why people were "pushing NTR shit"
>>
>>159325839
Sorry anon. But romances where they don't get together will always be inferior at the end of the day.
>>
File: 1388812175798.jpg (49KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1388812175798.jpg
49KB, 500x559px
>>159326905
>where they don't get together
>>
>>159326970
Yeah she left on the plane at the end
>>
File: 1405609514457.jpg (18KB, 317x313px) Image search: [Google]
1405609514457.jpg
18KB, 317x313px
>>159326981
>the end
>>
>>159327024

Yes, the end. Season 2 doesn't exist.
>>
>>159327158
Maybe you should go and take a look at what WA2 actually is.
>>
>>159326393
>I don't come to /a/ too much anymore since it's just generals.
First off, this is completely untrue, despite the plague that generals have become. Second off, if you haven't been here then don't comment on what the threads are like, faggot.

>>159327158
>Season 2 doesn't exist.
Nani?
>>
>>159310066
This is going to be a great copypasta, and I say this unironically.
>>159310783
>cliche
This show is anything but cliche.
>>
>>159326100
>Main cast cast gave very strong 3DPD vibe.
> I didn't want little shits and assholes in my animes.
I can't say I really understand this way of thinking; you can't stand characters who aren't all upstanding people, or what? You'd rather have had a heroic everyman MC and his stock-cool-mentor rather than people fucking up and being shits and having to persevere through that?

> While Dominique and Anemone opposite, they were fictitious and almost idyllic characters
They were heavily-flawed little shits too, did we watch the same show? For most of the series, Dominic was up his own ass and constantly screaming at everyone expecting them to go along with his personal love for Anemone, and assuming the worst about them. And Anemone, of course, was a selfish bipolar maniac who very neatly outlined all her own flaws for us in their resolution episode. Don't get me wrong, I loved them, but the way you describe them, and particularly single them out as "idyllic" and different from the other assholes, is not the way I saw it at all.
>>
File: aquah.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aquah.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>159310066
What I want to know is what ever happened to Roman and Sensei.
>>
>>159326758
Don't know about the particular piano remix you are asking for but only the first part containing around around ten tracks is out. Other tracks will come out later on.
>>
>>159325839
these people don't know how sex works.
>>
>>159315560
You're supposed to believe that they stayed in their relationship through high school and into adulthood. That no matter what trials they faced they worked through them and continued to build their relationship to the point where they got married.

You're not supposed to believe they just flatlined through high school to marriage. That isn't what the montage shows and that would be retarded.
>>
>>159325839
The scene in Valvrave was better than this.
>>
I ain't readin all that shit.
>>
>>159328060
Except it wasn't and Vulvarape is also not a romance anime.
>>
>>159328031
>That no matter what trials they faced they worked through them and continued to build their relationship to the point where they got married.

But if you put all that stuff in a short montage, the result loses all impact. The marriage photo just made me roll my eyes. It makes all those supposed trials of the montage look insignificant in comparison to what they experienced in middle school when really they would be far more difficult.
>>
>>159328060
The Valvrape was 11/10 comedy, though.
>consensual handholding during rape
>Shouko giving her speech
>Pino going HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>159328290
Because the story is about them meeting and the beginning of their relationship.
The montage shows you that they follow through all the way.
>>
>>159328290
>But if you put all that stuff in a short montage, the result loses all impact

No it doesn't you retard. Read the fucking OP. This is a romance story about middleschoolers growing up and maturing. It pulls this off perfectly. The entire ending segment is just a nice little gift to the viewer.
>>
>>159328416
>The entire ending segment is just a nice little gift to the viewer

To me, it looks like the creators were too insecure to believe they made a couple convincing enough to have the audience think they could stay together into adulthood, so they shoehorned a montage.
>>
>>159328498
>implying anyone would believe any junior high school couple would stay together into adulthood
Nothing would have satisfied you short of another five seasons.
>>
>>159310066
>This is the greatest moment in any romance anime
Fuck off and go watch Maison Ikkoku, you will see how dumb Tsuki ga Kirei is.
>>
>>159328570
I don't think so, there are some couples I think would stick together. WA2 is brought up a lot, but I really do think, even from just watching the anime, you could believe Haruki would follow Kazusa into adulthood if she came back. WA2 was set in high school, but last year middle school in Japan would be freshman in high school in other countries.
>>
>>159310066
I was waiting that whole last ten minutes for the "Looks like we really were Tsuki Ga Kirei" moment
>>
>We ran out of money and time so here's a slideshow of how it ends

Better than some ambiguous non-ending I suppose.
>>
File: the_weak_should_fear_the_strong.jpg (680KB, 1024x1260px) Image search: [Google]
the_weak_should_fear_the_strong.jpg
680KB, 1024x1260px
>>159310066
Try again.
>>
I really liked that they paid attention to little details, like with the rings on the mom and dad, and again in the ending montage.
>>
>>159329066
Honestly didn't look like they had too much trouble with money.

There was some quality drop but not that bad.
>>
>>159311593
>Toradora's kiss is better.
Getting really sick of this "toradora is good" meme.
>>
>>159329796
I'm getting really sick of you, Anon.

Toradora is good. We could argue for days over whether it is a better romance than this but that doesn't change the fact that it is good.

We are allowed to have more than one good thing.
>>
File: 136775100091.jpg (95KB, 1121x623px) Image search: [Google]
136775100091.jpg
95KB, 1121x623px
>>159329213
>>
>Chinatsu loses
You cunts told me this has a happy ending.
>>
>>159331262
Chinatsu deserved to lose after the shit she tried to pull.
>>
>>159315573
You can't refute anything in that post, stay mad normalfag.
Now read the thread for much better shows.
>>
>>159331850
There's no need to refute anything in a shitty troll posts. That would give them undeserved credit.
>>
>>159310066
>There's no "NANIIII?!!?" or shrieking over comedy hijinks.

DROPPED
>>
>>159310066
this took my top spot for romance anime out of fucking nowhere, all because some random youtuber recommended it at episode 3

I'm so glad I watched it.
>>
>>159317254
This so much.
I was waiting when those two would be comfortable around each other enough to show their personalities but they just stayed bland like water and formal with each other the whole time. The thing that their interests didn't matched at all and they showed themselves and shined only around their friends didn't help at all.
>>
I'M SCREAMING SOMETHING TO YOU
>>
>>159310066
Honestly this anime was boring. Pretty much nothing happens for 12 episodes.
>>
>>159326758
If you look for the Heikousen Limited Edition from Maid-chan on Pantsu, it has the guitar portion for the first ~30 seconds. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>159335494
good post
>>
What a beautiful story this was.
>>
>>159334947
Personally I picked it up because Studio Feel has been producing some good anime lately and I was interested to see how they'd handle an original. It's a shame about the weird CG NPCs in the backgrounds.
>>
So we can pretty much agree this was AOTS right?
>>
>>159310783
methinks you have issues with reading comprehension anon
>>
>>159338122
Its AOTY, greatest title in its genre of the last decade and a contender for the top spot, although thats so subjective that claimed for something to be the Lbest romance ever" is just dull.
>>
>>159310066
I think it put most of us off precisely because it doesnt glorify romance the way other anime does

It doesnt put on airs and that disturbed some of us, from the very first episode it was in risky territory for me because of how close to home it hit.

It brought me back to a time where I was always stressed and mumbled too much, and that isn't the self insert I wanted

Once it becomes a perfect fit I've most likely already left the building
>>
>>159327491
>I can't say I really understand this way of thinking; you can't stand characters who aren't all upstanding people, or what?
If i wanted to watch assholes and little shits being assholes and little shits i just could go out or turn on news or something.

>They were heavily-flawed little shits too, did we watch the same show?
Their flaws stem from plot and circumstances.
There is a difference being stuck up because PLOT and being asshole because you are an asshole.
>>
>>159338272
AOTY is Maidragon though
>>
It's nice to see an actual unambiguous happy ending for a change. And somehow it didn't come off as overly corny or sentimental.

Those little text message chats in the ending really got me.

But the line that started the tears flowing was when Curly is reading the comments on his story after he wrote "the end" and he sees Akane's reply - "what happens next?" That was just so beautiful.
>>
>>159338389
It was very corny. The fact that middle schoolers actually end up together is enough to paint this shit as unrealistic garbage.
>>
>>159310066
just started this Korean animated series tho. Holy shit is this just a big LINE advertisement?
>>
>>159338290
Any anime that puts romance as main genre is already glorifying it. The best romance is always in shows where it's in the background being treated very casualy and not the main focus of the plot.
>>
>>159338585
Episode 1 is pretty hamfisted about it. But yes, it's a LINE advert.
>>
>>159338389
>when Curly is reading the comments on his story after he wrote "the end"
Which is a completely retarded mistranslation. Those kanji stand for last chapter/final chapter, not "the end".
>>
>>159338290
>self insert
Fuck off ESL retard.
>>
Curly-kun and Akane stayed awkward with each other until the end.
Is this what a relationship is like?
>>
>>159339393
I think that means pretty much the same thing.
>>
KOTARU IS A MADMAN
>>
>>159339660
A real relationship is awkwardness -> comfort -> boredom -> infidelity
>>
>>159339660
>until the end.

There was no end, though.
>>
File: roman-yamashina-122200.jpg (47KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
roman-yamashina-122200.jpg
47KB, 300x450px
So did he score?
>>
>>159340351
We'll see in the OVA.
>>
File: 1417812293762.jpg (13KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417812293762.jpg
13KB, 208x200px
IT'S HERE

https://nyaa.si/view/935767

>Insert songs are all tv size edits
FUG
>>
>>159340679
the OST already? damn
>>
File: 1491186341629.jpg (28KB, 351x477px) Image search: [Google]
1491186341629.jpg
28KB, 351x477px
>>159340679
Time to get comfy
>>
>>159340679
Guess ill pirate this since I already pre-ordered the BDs with the plushie in them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZy_YLilYtc
>>
>>159316438
How do we stop it?
>>
>>159310066
>That was the change right there.

A momentary transient action in life.

It is no indication of his future developement nor can it be taken as concrete 'proof' of deveolopement.

> He was no longer that confused timid boy, unsure of what love or growing up was. He had become a man, and he was going to chase the girl he loved to the ends of the earth and time itself.

That is not for you to decide at this point. That is for a sequel to decide.
>>
>>159340679
Which one is the piano rendition of the song that plays during the ending credits of 12?
>>
Tsuki ga maymay
>>
>>159310066
Just finished it yesterday. It's definitely one of the greatest romance anime I've ever seen. The entire second half of the last episode was beautiful.
>>
>>159340679
It's really nice. Reminds me a lot of the Isshuukan Friends soundtrack.
>>
>>159322869
Kids on the Slope's anime script was done by Tsuki ga Kirei's author.
>>
>>159344703
It's just the instrumental version of the ending theme
>>
>>159310066
I couldn't relate to this anime at all, but it gave me a nice peek a what first love can be like.
>>
>>159310066
I have no idea how I didn't drop this anime. I probably have one of the worst attention spans when it comes to anime but this fucking simple anime about an introverted boy who falls in love with an introverted girl is the one thing that kept my attention.
10/10 would have diabetus again.
>>
File: 1336889791767.png (89KB, 340x420px) Image search: [Google]
1336889791767.png
89KB, 340x420px
>>159310066
>To fucking SCREAM. This introverted quiet young boy, who had spent the past 12 episodes slowly putting one foot forward in front of the other, mumbling his way through a relationship, standing in silence confused when the girl he loved cried, suddenly just shouts at the top of his lungs.

And when the background music stopped playing for a few seconds when he screamed. Best moment ever.
>>
>>159316438
...... which is?
>>
>>159310066
fuck off, greatest moment is godai is deciding to man up and take responsibility of his and kyoko's future
>>
>>159310066
Appreciated your text my man! It's too bad most of the comments will be something silly or trollish but I'm sure there are couple people that agrees with you.

>Fuck it I'm crying again fuck you people.
I didn't go that far though!
>>
>>159340679
Someone give me sheet music of track 4 and I'll suck your dick forever
>>
how's the show doing commercially?
>>
>decides not to use LINE for once
>Ends up screaming at a train where no one hears him

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>159349994
Highest amazon pre-order rank before e12 was 250ish, jumped into top 20 afterwards. Guess it should be doing fine, I pre-ordered the collectors edition myself for the first time ever. We wont have actual numbers until October since the BDs start being sold end of September
>>
>>159350110
it was actually a commercial for trains all along
>>
>>159310066
is liking this anime a joke or something? it was like watching a Japanese summer movie, or in other words, complete shit.
>>
>>159310066

Couldn't he just hop the next train? I doubt she'd be impossible to find.
>>
>>159310066
Hes a fucking failed normie and if you relate to him in anyway you need to kill your self.
>>
File: 1488510010445.jpg (72KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1488510010445.jpg
72KB, 372x334px
>>159350882
>Failed normie
>Got married and had a kid while also working for some company
>>
Did he go on to write some cool light novels?
>>
If you didn't tear up during the last episode then you are not a member of the same species as I am
>>
>>159338342
Maidragon is shit
>>
>>159351687
>tearing up
Thats what I did in almost all the other episodes. E12 made me literally cry from happiness for 10 minutes straight. While I was watching the live stream I was fine for most of it, but then the "kiseki" part kicked in and I was done for. The ED gave me the rest, but the dialogue beforehand already pushed me over the edge. If all you did was tear up watching that then youre emotionally dead.
>>
>>159310066
Fuck you now I'm crying too
>>
>>159351898
To clarify I meant "at least." I was definitely crying after the "what happens next?" line.
>>
but is it better than Your Lie In April?
>>
>>159315485
There's barely any drama which is also much better written than most anime
>>
>>159323418
This so much. I was ready to hate on Chinatsu so much on some episodes
>>
>>159323418
To be fair, the "I got my phone confiscated and didn't meet up with her" part was getting close to MISUNDERSTANDINGS.
>>
I loved the parent/child and family interactions in this anime. Tired of anime where the characters live in this hypothetical world without parents.
>>
>>159352627
It wasn't only the romance that made me tear up but also the relationship between Koutarou and his mom. She really cared. All the people calling her a monster when she was simply being a nagging caring mother was sickening.
>>
stop watching bad anime
>>
>>159354191
U first
>>
File: Tsuki Ga Kirei -- Fortunes.webm (726KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tsuki Ga Kirei -- Fortunes.webm
726KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>159310066
Rem's confession was better and Re:Zero is shit.
>>
>>159310066
fresh pasta
>>
Tsuki ga Kirei was an extremely pleasant wish-fulfillment Anime and will be a candidate for AOTY when it's all said and done. It gave me nothing but good feelings.
>>
This story didn't have much conclusion except for the couple. What happened to his dream of being a writer? What else happened between with the other students?
>>
>>159340679
>.si

but why?
>>
How early do you think they had sex?
>>
Anime gets way too complex with it's stories sometimes that it's nice to see these really simple stories done well.
>>
>>159359949
literally high school. did you not see the epilogue?
>>
>>159359842
Because pantsu.cat always goes down.
>>
>>159352134
most shows are
>>
>>159360448
blame the overwhelming Japanese and Chinese traffic
>>
>>159338585
Wait LINE's a real thing?
>>
>>159361495
Yes. It's exactly like in the show.
>>
>>159310066
I love this show so much. There's drama, but it all feels realistic and is dealt with in reasonable ways.
>>
File: 1714510.jpg (3MB, 6291x4086px) Image search: [Google]
1714510.jpg
3MB, 6291x4086px
>>159310066
Isn't that literally the ending to Tamako Love Story though?
>>
>>159358075
What happened to your dream of being the president or an astronaut, anon? Literally no one gives a shit about any of that. At most he made a light novel which got adapted into the tsuki ga kirei anime, she retired from running in highschool after getting her ass handed by the pros.

People move on, Chinatsu probably got into depression and got tired of waiting for Azumi and found someone else that appreciated more her outgoing personality. Hira wouldn't have a trouble doing the same.

Chinatsu was very lucky Akane moved to another school, there's nothing worse than watching someone you loved in a couple growing together every day. She moved on on her own.
>>
>>159363673
>At most he made a light novel which got adapted into the tsuki ga kirei anime
>>
I don't think there's been a romance done as well as this one in the last few years. Hopefully it performs well and sets a precedent going forward.
>>
File: TvfQXPg.png (521KB, 855x685px) Image search: [Google]
TvfQXPg.png
521KB, 855x685px
>Watching anime for romance

Please go back to tumblr
>>
>>159363531
Did you not read anything he wrote? The reason his outburst had weight is because Tsuki ga Kirei was such a soft-spoken series, bereft of the usually anime outbursts we see all the time.
>>
>>159363531
It's exactly the opposite of what happens in Love Story, if you actually read the OP.
>>
>>159356966
Yeah I can't believe Tsuki Ga Kirei didn't have an entire episode where Akane and Kotarou bitched at each other for 20 minutes.
>>
>>159365052
But anon, having two characters dump exposition about themselves for 20 minutes is good writing!
>>
>>159310066
AAAAAAAAAAAA this anime is so cute and pure
>>
Tsuki ga Kirei is a prime example of why capitalism works
>>
>>159367789
>Shitpost about how it's a LINE advertisement in the first thread
>Admit to crying bitch tears by the final thread

What a ride.
>>
>>159359949
>>159360214
Collage, when thay going out together without telling her parents
>>
I don't watch romance anime very much but I'm happy that there was some intelligent discussion ITT
>>
>>159367789
I've said it before and ill say it again. If shilling an app instead of adapting a LN results in masterpieces of such caliber then I am gladly letting them advertise shit to me.
>>
>>159364414
>>159364593
>Tamako is bumbling through love and terrified of change, runs away from her first confession and not able to deal with the sudden changes in her life
>her first love is suddenly leaving without a goodbye and she thinks she missed her chance but she doesn't give up
>chases the train and does what she feared the most
I don't know it seems awfully similar to me.
>>
Bump, more people need to discuss this great anime
>>
>>159364078
>watching romance Anime for the romance
Ah yes, what a bizarre concept.
>>
>>159310066
This anime is garbage you pathetic losers
>>
>>159376342
What a sad and depressing life you must live.
>>
>>159367789
>a LINE advert makes a better love story than most anime

Thw current state of Japanese cartoons everyone
>>
>>159310783
They applied Corean dorama cliches and it really worked out better than expected. Fuck this anime is so cute
>>
>>159313411
>comparing WA2 to this kind of romance
It's good but it can never reach the level of Maruto's masterpiece.
>>
>>159380084
>this kind of romance

You mean the realistic and well-written kind?
>>
>>159367789
Commercials always make great anime. Remember WIXOSS?
>>
>>159380667
Anime is an advertisement for light novels though.
>>
>>159376342
not an argument
>>
>>159380667
>WIXOSS
>great
I don't want to begin shitposting, but this is too much.
>>
>>159380358
Are we watching documentaries or entertainment?
>>
File: no.jpg (9KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
9KB, 220x220px
>>159382644
>documentaries are not for entertainment
>>
>>159382644
>documentaries can't be entertaining
>well-written stuff can't be entertaining
>realistic romance can't be entertaining
>>
>>159382760
I never implied that. You're the one who implied that something is better solely because it's realistic.

Tell me, do you think people watch romance shows to have an accurate portrayal or romance or to be moved? And yes, I know those aren't mutually exclusive but people consider unrealistic romance to be romance, they wouldn't consider an academic paper on love to be romance though.
>>
>>159382907
>do you think people watch romance shows to have an accurate portrayal

uhh, yes? Not all people will fell from the good old melodramatic tactics just to stir up emotion in an exaggerated manner
>>
>>159382907
Different anon here. I don't think you're entirely wrong, unrealistic or implausible stories can still be good, and elements of unrealism can even enhance stories. But stories that have grounding in realism can offer a unique experience, one that isn't strictly better or worse, but singular. In particular, watching Tsuki ga Kirei the realism helps you to get lost in the story and to relate to the feelings of the youngsters. It makes you nostalgic because very specific elements of the story remind you of being a kid simultaneously while watching this moving love story. So it just adds something to the quality.

Tsuki ga Kirei doesn't have mile-a-minute action sequences either, but it's no worse for it. You're generalizing too much. People can praise the story's realism without implying that realism is always strictly superior.
>>
>>159383063
Anime is entertainment. If an accurate portrayal is not entertaining they will intentionally not write it like that. Realism does not mean that something is well written or good. It's the other way around. Well written stories make realism look good despite being escapism.
>>
>>159317067
>in WA2 or Kuzu no Honkai
Don't put them together, you retard.
>>
>>159383208
this was actually well-written and grounded though compared with more popular series like Toradora an shiet

>Realism does not mean that something is well written or good
>implying anyone said that
>>
>>159383395
Same director, newfag.
>>
>>159310066
>The greatest moment in any romance anime
Wow, what an accomplishment. Try searching for the best moment in a genre that isn't dedicated to ovulating "males" next time
>>
>>159310066
It's fucking pathetic. Guy's acting like a pussy. If this wasn't some escapist wish-fulfilment story written by a beta male, he would have gotten laughed at.

You're a loser OP.
>>
>>159311067
>very grounded in the real world
BWAHAHAHAHA, get a load of this delusional beta cuck.
>>
>>159386185
So?
>>
>>159313411
>Tsuki ga Kirei
>masterpiece anything
l m a o
>>
File: best girl.png (176KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
176KB, 420x420px
>>159386302
>>159386419
>>159386460
>samefag
>>
>>159386510
Read his post again, retard.
>>
>>159383412
Well written? What? Jesus Christ stop posting you idiot. None of the characters felt even remotely close to real human beings. Every interaction was so bizarre and contrived.
>>
This anime would have been better if the MC guy kills the girl and then kill himself at the end, now that would have been a masterpiece.
>>
>>159386562
I am only the last two posts you quote. I don't see how I'm samefagging when I'm replying to different posts as I'm reading through the thread.

By the way, I can smell your virginity all the way through LINE.
Shit series. No girl would fall for that dweeb.
>>
>>159386775
This. THIS!
>>
>>159386775
Truly the Dazai way
>>
I fucking hate everyone in this shit show, what a waste of my time
>>
I wish OP hadn't gone full hyperbole in his post, if he had been more reasonable we could get actual discussion of the show.

>>159386755
>None of the characters felt even remotely close to real human beings. Every interaction was so bizarre and contrived.
you're really going overboard with this, rethink what you want to say properly and express it.

The characters were very believable, the way Azumi's relationship with his mother was presented was well done imo, it was simple and a bit cliched, but it works.
His friends were slightly more "caricatured" but nothing too out there, but at least Roman gets some subtle characterization added to him during the amusement park episode.
Azumi himself was good portrayal of a slightly introverted/composed kid, and considering that this seems to be a norm for Japanese people (and some of the Asians I've met) it made him feel pretty real.
>>
>>159386566
So fucking what? The love in WA2 is not
>raw or visceral
>>
>>159387270
Oh yes it is.
>>
>>159311067
>very grounded
This has to be one of the biggest buzzwords ever. It means nothing.
>>
If this anime was realistic, the girl would go out with Hira instead and the MC would kill both of them then kill himself.
>>
File: 1408488864951.jpg (96KB, 314x341px) Image search: [Google]
1408488864951.jpg
96KB, 314x341px
>this fucking thread
Not you fucking blog.
>>
>>159387270
>The love in WA2 is not raw or visceral
You should watch more anime, m8.
>>
>>159387397
Not him but this series had a more realistic depiction of its subject than most anime.
The events that occurred throughout episodes were very mundane and the characters didn't act too melodramatic about any of their circumstances.
I think a lot of this is due to the performances of the VAs.
This isn't something I noticed until a while in but the voicework in this show isn't "acted" or "over-expressed" like it is in a lot of other anime, it's like the VAs were simply talking in the booth rather than trying to invoke a character.

>>159387435
>If this anime was school days S2, the girl would go out with Hira instead and the MC would kill both of them then kill himself.
ftfy
>>
File: WA2 2016-12-20 22-33-25-03.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WA2 2016-12-20 22-33-25-03.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>159387538
Tell me more.
>>
Dazai once said __________
>>
>>159387820
>actually reads the vn
>fails to notice the strong human emotions
true autism, sasuga /a/
>>
>>159387907
>the strong human emotions
What do they have to do with their love being 'raw'? It's actually pure.
>>
>>159387229
The OP isn't hyperbole though.
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.