[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain why haibane renmei supposedly isnt an overrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2017-07-01_23-57-27.png (599KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-01_23-57-27.png
599KB, 461x461px
explain why haibane renmei supposedly isnt an overrated piece of boring trash
>>
You should try watching it.
>>
>>159250687
lmao fell asleep 2 episodes into this shitfest
>>
>>159251049
>>159250573
I aprecciate your attempts at creating an HR discussion, but let's not create shitposting-central-tier threads about it.
>>
>>159250573
It's only fault is the year it came out in. Would be better if it was made five years earlier or five years later.
>>
art is subjective, /a/non. stop being so moody.
>>
>>159250573
Don't finish it OP, you're one of those retards who's gonna give the show shit for not telling you what's outside the wall or what exactly are the Haibane.

Leave the poor thing alone, I beg you, it's already suffered enough intense retardation like that from people who can't even recognize obvious abstract symbolism and allegorical worldbuilding in a show that's meant to be (and is) accessible. Hell, they can't even notice that all the mystery the show gathered is actually part of the plot and thematic exploration. Despite the setting having a shallow characterization, there is a struggle with the themes being presented, this isn't Kino no Tabi. So please, drop it, right now, do it.

>>159252117
What's that supposed to mean? Are you talking about the animation quality? If so, Haibane's animation quality is fine, it has some immersion-breaking fuck ups here and there but it gets the job done overall.
>>
>>159252808
>What's that supposed to mean? Are you talking about the animation quality? If so, Haibane's animation quality is fine, it has some immersion-breaking fuck ups here and there but it gets the job done overall.
Not really the animation quality, but the art quality. Just compare Lain in HD and compare Haibane in HD. On top of that Lain can be easily upscaled to even 4k without loss of quality and Haibane would just look plain worse.

It's not just Haibane, lots of great anime from this time period suffer from this. Even ones with a lot higher budgets like FLCL or Stand Alone Complex.
>>
Explain why haibanes supposedly aren't for fucking.
>>
>>159253543
In Haibane's defense the Art was meant to look rather plain and flat to begin with, so the less-refined visuals didn't bother me that much considering the rustic and melancholic atmosphere it was going for.

It would've been much worse if Haibane was sci-fi or anything of the sort.
>>
Rakka is kinda cute.
>>
File: dfj.jpg (136KB, 782x844px) Image search: [Google]
dfj.jpg
136KB, 782x844px
>>159253820
because they are for this:
>>
I'll admit at times the pacing seemed a bit slow. However, I don't think it's boring or mundane in any capacity.
>>
>>159250573
The series is rather average besides its interesting atmosphere, but its final episode is fucking fantastic.
>>
It was pretty boring
>>
>>159250573
it's relaxing and unassuming, also one of ABe's more lighthearted shwos all in all
>>
>>159250573
What? I never found Haibane to be boring, it's purposefully slow, drab and quiet but it's surprisingly effective at grabbing your attention even though nothing seems to be happening. I actually appreciated the fact that it didn't have any anime-ism like unnecessary comedy or characters jumping and screaming at the camera every 20 seconds.

And it really picks up at some point, it's actually one of the most bingeable shows I've ever watched, it almost felt like a 4h long movie.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.