[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did they get away with making the main character so unlikable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: i wish the armored titan won.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i wish the armored titan won.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How did they get away with making the main character so unlikable that he makes you side with the enemy whenever he's in a fight?
>>
I almost always side with the enemy in stories, unless they're just as shitty as the MC.
>>
>>159230574
Eren wouldn't be unlikable by you plebians if he won all the time.

I remember back when this shit was still early everyone sided with eren, his hate and actions justified, but he just kept jobbing back to back everyone just turned on him.
>>
>>159230574
He is the best shounen MC
Name a better one
>>
>>159230574
Oh, i see. You more into whiny beta fags right?

eren is the perfect shounen mc for me..

Rage tard
gets shit done
Has actual reasons to be as he is
*i fuck you over no matter what" mentality
Doesnt give a shit about romantics cuz he has a job to do.
>>
Who the fuck thought him bjj?
>>
>>159233004
Nah, I'm just not into whiny ''''''''''alpha''''''''' males.
>>
>>159230574
How can someone hate this guy?

I mean its like Hating Guts.
Why, How?
>>
How do they get away with making the main trio incredibly unlikable?

Isayama is a hack
>>
>>159233069
he is more alpha than you will ever be.
did you voluntered to the military at age 11 so you can destroy the enmie of your country and actual became a special forces member?

Can you abondon your life to fullfil your dutys?
Speaking you mind and defind it when you need to?
Live to serve and and give a shit about other stuff intill your mission is done?
>>
>>159233077
He's a cunt to anyone and everyone around him, you need to get your brain checked.

>>159233193
sorry no understandy england please
>>
>>159233005
Annie
>>
File: 1457434541643.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457434541643.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>159233193
I think Shingeki no Kyojin is a cool guy. Eh kills titans and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>159233244
Just name ONE person he was a cunt to!
>>
File: 1496311337109.jpg (72KB, 542x615px) Image search: [Google]
1496311337109.jpg
72KB, 542x615px
>>159233247
Wouldn't she have thought him Krav maga instead?
>>
>>159233298
do you like berserk?
>>
>>159230574
It's so when the author hands him a plot upgrade people can argue >muh character development
>>
>>159230574
I think he's ok. No power of friendship bullshit, he's loud but 90% of time this is justified, he's actually willing to listen (like the thing about trust in the forest, though it backfired) and his breakdown last episode was awesome.

My major grip is how many times he gets BTFO, I love the protagonist being the underdog but at this point this is pathetic

Does he get stronger in the manga?
>>
>>159233724
>Does he get stronger in the manga
He conveniently comes across a vial of armored titan spinal fluid and ingests it to gain the ability to harden
>>
>>159233247
Not even a joke, he learned mixed martial arts from 3 years of a girl beating him up while trying to flirt.

>>159233724
In a month's time he went from losing a stand up fight against the Armored Titan to ducking, weaving, and blasting that same guy's face apart.
>>
File: 0082-039[1].jpg (1008KB, 2133x1571px) Image search: [Google]
0082-039[1].jpg
1008KB, 2133x1571px
>>159233724
His time eventually comes. All the losses makes the eventual victories much sweeter I think.
>>
>>159230574
what i like about eren is that hes not the mc that can do everything or beat everyone
>>
>>159233870
Though I don't remember if his harden power was used in battle with Reiner, he mostly used it for plugging stuff.
>>
Does Eren ever die? If not I'm dropping this anime.
>>
>>159233005
*taught
>>
Eren is only disliked by edgy kids that like to shit on MC's to look cool, I personally really like Eren.
>>
>>159235142
he probably won't die till the end of the series - but all shifters die after 13 years, the fact that he has 4 years left is probably going to influence his behavior gratly
>>
File: 1380512832489.jpg (80KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1380512832489.jpg
80KB, 413x395px
>literal titan apologists
>dont be mean to the titans Eren they're people too dindu nuffin wrong
Pffff yeah okay guy
>>
>>159234662
he does use hardening against Reiner - he hardened the top of his fingers to break away his armour. Think about the times he fought annie, she would harden spots on her legs and hand as to use ability ofencively rather than defencively. Eren seems to take the same aproach.
>>
>>159230574
that is just Isayama realizing he choose the wrong character to be the MC
>>
>>159233299
Reiner
Mikasa
Armin

Only once has he listened to others and that is when realizing he couldn't do shit to Reiner.
>>
I like Eren.
He's pretty brave despite being weak (at least before learning he was a shifter), never backs off, and inspire everyone around him.
It's thanks to him, with collaboration of other people naturally, that they regained not only Wall Maria, but the whole island.
>>
>>159230574
>hating Eren
>siding with Reiner
I shiggy diggy.
>>
>>159235813
Except for the fact that the Titans are actually Eren's own people. Plus they've got it even worse than Eren. Apparently from what Ymir said, being a mindless Titan is like living in a nightmare on repeat forever. So yeah, Titans aren't the real enemy. Marley is. If you've been following the manga, then you should know this too.
>>
>>159230574
Eren's worst mc ever, yeah. Finally someone admits it
>>
>>159230574
You don't need a good main character when you have incredible world building skills and a fantastic imagination. Look at Harry potter, Bleach, Naruto, StarWars Etc
>>
>>159230574
I bet you crave Chad's dick in your ass.
>>
Sorry but I dropped this shit when the plot became a convoluted mess.
Eren is about as shit as your average shonen MC, perhaps even a bit more shit, but he's the least of SNK's problems.
>>
>>159239325
convoluted mess? it's really not hard to understand
>>
>>159239612
even the simplest things are convoluted to a retard
>>
>>159232592
Ed.
>>
>>159236294
So because he makes decisions of his own (even if they are bad) instead of doing whatever someone else tells him makes him a cunt ? Hmm...so this is the thought power of /a/...
>>
>>159230574
Take that back. Eren is okay as a MC.
>>
>>159230574
We would absolutely hate Eren if the story was told from the other side since the beginning.

We would 100% root for Reiner, even if Erwin is best Shingenki.
>>
>>159240916
That is exactly why he is a cunt and an idiot too.
When you are a soldier you fucking listen to what your comrades tells you, and never go off on your own. Isayama wants to be realistic and portray something from the early 19-cencury. Eren is nothing but an ignorant cunt that only wants to do his own thing, and that would be okay if his decisions didn't depend on the entire human species.
>>
>>159233005

>arm-in guillotine

what did he mean by this?
>>
reiner & berthold > eren
>>
>>159230574
The enemies are just generally much better in this series because Shitren is just a complete dickhead. Even though Bert and Reiner killed a fuck tonne of people it still feels more justified just because they're less needlessly aggressive and were manipulated.
>>
>>159239612
Yes it's simple, but it introduces so many plot lines and character stories that it makes the whole thing more complicated then it should.
The plot in quality is simple, but it's complicated in the way it portrays it.
When a named character fucking dies for the 10th time in the span of 30 minutes of reading and I can't be fucked to remember his/her name or care or remember what he was doing in the first place then you've failed to keep my attention and interest.
Another great premise that gets fucked to no end by plot contrivances.
Anyway I've forgotten most of it, so I really can't be bothered.
>>
>>159233724
He's an underdog but I don't see why people say he loses all the time.

>survives his first battle by turning into a titan and slaughter dozens of them when everyone else just died without even pulling the heroic sacrifice thing
>plugs the hole, taking the city back
>gets captured by Female Titan but the fight was pretty close, he was too angry for his own good too
>captures Female Titan with teamwork
>fucks up Armored Titan despite having lower stats, thanks to MMA and guts
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.