[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Qualidea Code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: main-visual-qualidea-code.jpg (128KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
main-visual-qualidea-code.jpg
128KB, 495x700px
It's been a year since this aired, and though its creators thought it would go big, it flopped spectacularly. What went wrong?
>>
Do you even have to ask that question?
>>
>>159228927
Bit more than it can chew

If they at least tested if each of the pairs work maybe their little crossover would have some meaning
>>
It's Quality Code for a reason
>>
Just another failure in Aniplex's string of original shows they thought people would like because the creators were already famous.
>>
>>159229070
I'm kind of surprised people didn't bite, given how AZ was a moderate hit.
>>
>>159228927
QUALITY
>>
>>159228927
quality code
>>
>>159228927
Not enough imutobutt.
>>
Can we at least agree that, though the animation was poor, at least the OPs and EDs were good and probably the best part of the show?
>>
>>159228927
They thought it would be big, but gave it no money.
>>
File: qualidea code hime cute.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
qualidea code hime cute.webm
2MB, 960x540px
Hime cute
>>
>>159228927
I liked this show. They seemed like they were going somewhere with it. Too bad that 95% of all anime are just glorified ads for selling manga/light novels and 4% of the original works end up being unsuccessful.
>>
Yahari V12
>>
>>159228927
>It's been a year since this aired
Oh fuck. I don't like how fast time is moving. I had so much fun while this was airing.
>>
It still feels weird that the show tanked so hard in Japan despite all the names behind it and the fact it got a decent amount of hype over there. QUALITY and "it wasn't good" aren't exactly adequate reasons considering QUALITY and bad shows have sold well there.
>>
>QUALITY
>unpopular LNs
>QUALITY
>Yaharifags are pissed that Watari still isn't finishing his garbage series
>QUALITY
>uninspiringly generic start
>QUALITY
>muh big character death
>QUALITY
>plenty of "awesome" and "cool" ideas/twists trashed by horrible direction
>QUALITY
>it's shit
>>
>>159228927
what? quality code was a year ago? it feels like it's been much longer than that
>>
>>159228927
Aniplex thinking shows would sell based on name alone.

Fuck aniplex.
>>
>>159228927
>QUALITY
>characters are one-dimensional and barely get developed beyond the gravity dude
>character interactions are them insulting each other till the very end
>the "lel it was actually a simulation" epic plot tweest has been done way too many times already
>they skipped any sort of conflict derived from the kids knowing they killed human beings while thinking they were aliens because "lel unmanned drones" despite the fact that said convenient machines are never shown
>the blue haired bitch sudden betrayal was handled like shit, it came out of fucking nowhere and had her doing a 180° personality shift and getting some shitty power-up so she could be a threat
>kill Canaria but not really
>kill Hime and Hotaru but not really
>kill a shitton of people but not really
>in the end only the main antagonist got killed, even her lover and the traitorous bitch survived
>the story was ultra generic and didn't do anything original or interesting
>some characters feel like rehashs of characters from the author's previous series, specially the NotHachiman dude
Those are all the reasons I can remember. The studio probably thought that if they got some popular authors to work together they could make a big hit but they all ended up being either one trick ponies or unable to work with other people to create an interesting story.
>>
>>159229403
Hype backlash. If people expect a shitty show and end up getting a not-so-shitty show then they will be happy but if they get hyped thinking they are getting the best thing ever and the show ends up being far from that then they get mad.
>>
>>159228927
Not enough incest.
>>
>>159228927
It was a big disappointment to me, the plot was all over the place and the character interactions were garbage outside of their respective pairs.
MC was kinda insufferable too but at least he fucks off for like half the show.
>>
>>159228927
>its creators thought it would go big
So much that they barely gave it any money, right?
>>
File: manface.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
manface.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>159228927
It's obvious.
>>
>>159228927
>What went wrong?
Degenerate poorfags like you didn't support the studio but pirated.
>>
Not enough Chiba incest.

Not enough Hime yuri pandering.
>>
I really don't know what they were going for.
It was initially presented as a "multimedia franchise", almost as if they were trying to make it the next Fate or something, but then it seems like they just gave up on it after it failed to become an overnight sensation before the public even had the series in their hands.
The basic outline of the plot is good, but literally everything was half assed. It was almost like they were intentionally trying to kill it.
>>
And now we have re:creators that has better production values but still is shit and a flop at the end of the day
>>
File: 1493452356580.jpg (101KB, 364x356px) Image search: [Google]
1493452356580.jpg
101KB, 364x356px
>>159233585
>It was initially presented as a "multimedia franchise", almost as if they were trying to make it the next Fate or something
Anon, Fate did not invent multimedia franchises.
>>
>>159233585
You make it sound as if the series barely existed before the anime, wasn't popular at all, and then was abandoned after the anime aired.
>>
>>159228927
>it would go big
But their big projects for the year was ERASED(which did well) and Asterisk 2nd cour(1st Cour was tied in the top 10 stream ratings for Fall 2015 with Rakudai, but the BD sales were below Manabi, 2nd Cour's ratings weren't even registered on most sites and the BD sold less than 2,000.)
>>
>>159228927
It was nice to have a bootleg Hibiki between Symphogear seasons. Only reason to watch was for Hime and laughing at the quality
>>
File: IMG_0022.png (2MB, 2103x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.png
2MB, 2103x3000px
The greatest thing to ever com out of it were those Sekiya Asami doujins
>>
>>159228927
What the fuck
>>
What was your favorite QUALITY moment? Mine was when they completely fucked up the animation around 20 seconds into this webm.
>>
>>159234609
Sekiya Asami is a blessing.
>>
Fuck each one of you, I liked it more that Eva.
>>
>>159235163
So did I but that doesn't mean anything since Eva is shit.
>>
I don't know why people think this was meant to be a huge hit. It didn't have any budget or overhyped staff.
>>
>>159236716
>It didn't have any budget or overhyped staff
It had Watari, Tachibana, Y.Aoi, LiSA, ClariS, and Garnidelia.
>>
>>159236788
They spent the whole budget for big names and there was none left for the animation.
>>
>>159236788
I totally forgot the LN writers actually wrote for the anime. What a mess.
But still this anime had an aura of cheapness and failure about it, you can just tell it's a sub 2k anime before even watching it. It's a lot like Chaos dragon, that one had big names attached, indirectly but still.
>>
>>159237168
Oh man CD. Now that's another an even bigger guilty pleasure of mine.

God bless Urobutcher's genderbent character.
>>
>>159236788
>>159236892
I see Quality Code was too intelligent for you. Do you think its high QUALITY animation was an accident? Of course it wasn't. You don't just accidentally make the worst looking anime of an era. Quality Code was a deconstruction of animation itself. The very first of its kind, yet it is only the first step in an over arcing plan to save anime. It seems Watari's genius is loss upon you, even though he more or less spelled out his master plan in Gi/a/rish Number. Just goes to show your soul is still being crushed by Earth's gravity.
>>
>>159237216
As someone who loved Red Dragon, I thought CD sucked and ruined what could have potentially been a modern recreation of Lodoss wars.

The guy behind CD is Butcher and Nasu's friend and the entire genderbent character was from a joke that urobutcher has a thing for busty characters, "wouldn't be funny if his character turned out to have massive jugs? xD".

Also the screenwriter must have read Muramasa because he ripped an important element from it and forced it in CD.
>>
Why wasn't this show more popular?
>>
>>159240149
But it was popular. For all the wrong reasons.
>>
File: Qualidea Code - throwing rocks.webm (367KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Qualidea Code - throwing rocks.webm
367KB, 800x450px
>>159234765
>>
Why was this show full of QUALITY anyway?
>>
>>159234765
The train scene. It was easily the most absurd.
>>
>>159228927
What?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT-WTVvxGhU

the plot is literal copy of The 5th Wave
funny that the movie and animay came out in the same year
>>
They should just sell the franchise to Sekiya Asami.
>>
>>159228927
It feels overwhelmingly like a rip off of something. I couldn't put my finger on why, but Qualidea Code feels like a cheap imitation of a superior series about kids being pressganged to fight a bizarre war under questionable circumstances. Bokurano and Ender's Game vaguely come to mind.
The whole project rings of a casual experiment by Aniplex to see if they could make bad production value fly by pumping it full of popular writing talent. The answer was unsurprisingly no.
>>
>>159245044
>>159244921
>>
>>159229403

I've literally never taken notice of it.

Why are people still trying to make "hits" with awful generic character designs - I immediately wrote it off as some JC Staff D-Project and I only hear now that it had actual staff behind it.

I don't think there's been a single hit that hasn't at least managed to put forward some kind of art design that can stand out.
>>
>>159229403
Because of this
>>159229635
>>QUALITY
>>plenty of "awesome" and "cool" ideas/twists trashed by horrible direction

and this>>159230585

Look at KonoSuba. Nobody as stuff, shitty DEEN as studio, generic character design and plot's summary. It blew up because: 1) people had low expectations but it turns to be actually funny, 2) there were plenty good directed scenes like that one in the first episode where "Aqua and Kazuma are working, bathing, drinking, puking, repeat". Many anon's were baited to watch it with that webm.

Quality Code had meh expectations because of the great stuff, that was toned down by generic character designs and summary. But they didn't do anything to rise the hype or to bait someone into watching it. The scenes that were supposed to be good, cool and full of pathos, the big twists, everything were made bland and uninspiring. Such a shame.
>>
The animation was too avant-garde for plebs to appreciate.
>>
Canaria was best girl
>>
>>159229403
It may have had the people but it almost definitely didn't have the money. It either got funneled into hiring the big staff or there's some production problem that they couldn't fix in time. The show looks rushed out on the conveyor belt at worst and unfinished at best. Some of the shots look like they were taken straight out of Musashi GUN-DOH.

There's also VERY fucking strange decisions with the writing, this being the most obscene one, as metal as it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zwhw3VJwE
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.