[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
It become popular and you cant have that t. /a/
>>
When Kishimoto drank his own kool aid and decided the Uchihas were so cool he'd make the entire story revolve around them. So basically everything from the rescue Sasuke arc onwards.

It seemed so promising during the Chuunin exam arc too. Tons of new characters being introduced with interesting and unique powers and they all got fucking benched so we could have the Uchiha Power Hour.
>>
I always liked the supporting cast so it all went to shit after the timeskip when all of them but Shikamaru became completely irrelevant
>>
Two reasons
1. he made too many characters that are hard to draw for him
2. ret-cons
The reason most people still stuck with it to the end is because of the character dynamics, that don't exist
>>
File: 2a43a954a8b6407cfc38f2392c16665e.png (745KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2a43a954a8b6407cfc38f2392c16665e.png
745KB, 900x1200px
>>159187127
>>159187127
Pacing

The show takes 100 times longer to move a plot point along than it needs to. You could easily write an infinitely more entertaining version of the entire Naruto story with 200 chapters. It's not like the writing was even that good, but at some point Kishi thought the only reason we were watching was because we really fucking enjoyed listening to bad guys over explaining themselves.

Pacing was the biggest problem but the characters were also one-dimensional and they just kept introducing more of them all the way to the end. They literally introduced a blonde titty ninja for no other reason than to hold fans over while Tsunade was on a bus. They had no confidence in themselves as writers at all.
>>
>>159187297
I was hoping Neji would do something cool. In the end he got cucked and was literally the only good guy to die in the fucking war.
>>
>>159187334
>In the end he got cucked and was literally the only good guy to die in the fucking war.
What? You didn't enjoy the totally planned sudden death of Neji? But he needed to die for NaruHina to happen, which was totally the plan for the beginning. Kishi isn't a hack, shut up.
>>
>>159187235
>>159187292

Yeah this was the biggest thing for me too. In part 1 there were so many cool characters with their unique personalities and designs, but then Kishimoto decided it was too tough to draw them all.

Obviously it was always going to revolve around Naruto and Sasuke but you can still do that while incorporating the supporting cast (Sasuke retrieval arc) but Kishimoto just left them behind to focus purely on those two and maybe bring up a new character to be relevant for one arc or so.
>>
>>159187334
>Completely forget about Neji
>He does nothing for the entirety of part 2
>LOL HE DIED

Bravo, Kishimoto
>>
>>159187127
after the garaa was the bad guy arc. It was interesting and a lot of shinobi with weird power overcome their opponents. After that it was like dragon ball, everything become non-relevant except for saiyans( kyuubi and the uchihas).
>>
File: 1435529543386.png (3KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1435529543386.png
3KB, 210x230px
>Create a vast ninja world with different countries and opposing factions
>Barely use it and instead of just focus on one big bad evil corporation

>Ninjas have a mission system which opens the door to multiple adventures and side storylines

>Used only a couple of times outside filler
>Write in a likeable cast with unique personalities and designs
>Forget they exist a third into the story
>>
>>159187443
same shit happened to that ninja sensei that impregnate another sensei. i can't remember even his name because he suddenly dropped dead.
>>
>>159187612
>Create a vast ninja world with different countries and opposing factions
Kishis biggest issues were his utter inability to do world building and writing female characters.
>>
>>159187421
The worst part is that part 2 of the manga is almost twice the length of part 1 and yet the character development for the supporting cast is almost entirely contained in part 1.
>>
>>159187351
He didn't even get a cool heroic moment before he died. He just went down like a bitch, that was the worst thing about it. Where the fuck was the "Wow the Hyuuga really ARE the most powerful clan in Konoha" moment, where the fuck was it?
>>
>>159187641
At least there was an arc and build up dedicated to it

Neji's death was just out of nowhere
>>
I dropped it when he began to drop new jutsus non-stop left and right. there was no longer any thought process, just dumb asspulls. other complaints all typical of shounenshits:

-fucked up powerlevels
-muh FRIENDSHIP
-muh Sakura
-muh Saske
>>
File: ABh9RoI.jpg (135KB, 771x588px) Image search: [Google]
ABh9RoI.jpg
135KB, 771x588px
>>159187814
This was the lowest point of the manga
>Sasuke isn't coming back
>Naruto has a panic attack and faints
Jesus christ
>>
>>159187762
What pisses me off most is that after all that people still act like NaruHina was planned. I shipped that ship like no shippers ever shipped before but come the fuck on.
>Confession was cute but it was 100% random and came out of nowhere. There was no build up at all.
>Fake Sakura confession clearly just there to make it clear that he was changing course with the shipping
>Suddenly we start seeing Hinata treated more like a heroine, but only after the anime episode because otherwise she was MIA for about three years.
>Whole clear backstory between Hinata and Neji, with Neji even calling her cute when they first meet and there being a whole subplot of the "Branch vs. Main" clans which was totally scrapped and forgotten about. Their marriage was clearly supposed to be what bound the two together, but Kishi couldn't do that with NaruHina so he just killed Neji and retconned it.
>Like you said, Neji was supposed to essentially be the world's greatest taijutsu user considering he was a Gentle Fist prodigy. Yet he died like a fucking bitch after not doing anything for hundreds of chapters.
>Then smaller shit like Kushina's design and all those short "NaruSaku" moments that filled the first few arcs and the bigger moments like when she's healing him after the Orochimaru fight.

Why the fuck do people think NaruHina was the endgame just because she had a crush since the beginning? Literally everything else points the other way.
>>
Naruto is a good series and for how long it is I would give it a 8/10 while one piece gets a 1/10 and bleach a 5-6/10

Kishi should have focused more on demographics like they did in the novels and think about real serious stuff.

For example a manga/anime only person wouldn' know that the 5 big villages hired many doctors and medic ninja's from small villages that died during the war and because of that there was some huge shortage of medic personal in those regions which caused major problems. But they don't talk about stuff like this sadly.

Also there were like 40k people in the shinobi alliance that is like the number of soldiers we have (the Netherlands). Just think about it how retarded it is for an entire shinobi world to assemble 40k people.

There are only 5 big villages in that world and konoha looks like it has a population lower than 1 million. Although in boruto the city looks way bigger and alive during the original series it looked like a 150k city at most which is dumb.

If the series had some better geography and demographic stuff into it it could have been a lot more detailed and also had better settings.
>>
the homo shit
with sauce and nurutu
>>
>>159187852
lmao thank god I dropped it, what a stupid hack. I remembered him saying he wanted to conclude naruto as fast as possible and now he's just milking it like the whore he is.
>>
>>159187127
Fuck off narutards
>>
>>159187910
It is really easy to all Sasuke naruto sakura hinata shippers out there.

Sasuke>sakura>Naruto>hinata

Sakura only loved Sasuke and never once even remotely liked Naruto in the way she likes boys like Sasuke. Sasuke was busy with other stuff than love but he did care about sakura in some way.

Since sakura didn't like Naruto and hinata did they were destined to get together. Literally no girl ever liked Naruto before the "hero of the war" propaganda
>>
>>159187910
Nah NaruHina was literally the only way it could end. There was never any romantic tension between Naruto and Sakura and Hinata was the person who Naruto always wanted, someone who admired him for being him. I'm confused by people who think NaruSaku ever had a realistic chance of happening, it never did. It was going to be NaruHina from the moment she was written into the story and it was blindingly obvious, she literally had no other purpose.
>>
> I'm confused by people who think NaruSaku ever had a realistic chance of happening, it never did
Fucking read my post you grade A moron
>>
>>159187852
Oh fuck, I forgot about that moment, holy shit that was absolutely hilarious
>>
>>159188079
Learn how to reply cuckboi
>>
>>159188039
Feelings are one part of the equation, literally everything pointed toward NaruSaku up until the confession. Hinata was just a girl with a crush on the MC, a trope as old as time.

When the fuck did that every mean she's destined to win?
>>
>>159188079
Except for the most important fact that Sakura was literally never attracted to Naruto at any point during the story. She never fell for him, so it was fucking obvious they couldn't end together, especially when he rejected her confession because it was fake. I mean if you thought there was any chance of NaruSaku happening after that you might just be terminally retarded. It was never going to happen and that was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>159188126
Learn how to use your brain dickwad, if you really can't understand why Kishi is a hack you're retarded
>>159188142
See
>>159188142
>>
>>159188164
>t. Incorrect English grammar

Kys shitskin
>>
>>159188164
>Claims he shipped NaruHina like no shipper ever shipped
>Getting incredibly defensive and salty about how NaruSaku should've happened instead
Hmmmm...
You're not doing a very good job of hiding your true feelings here you salty NaruSaku fag
>>
>>159187127

When Part 1 ended.
>>
>>159188164
>attacks person poinitng out he doesn't know how to reply
>then points a person towards their own post
Nice.
>>
you can divide it into 3 parts, Part 1, Shippuden and War arc, all of them had flaws but Part 1 was good and solid without much low points, Shippuden had the climax of the series (from Hidan and Kakuzu arc till the Pain arc) but also had the lowest points (Nagato reviving everybody and Naruto having an heart attack), the War arc was just horrible, the War arc it was so bad that everybody's perception of Shippuden got completely twisted
>>
>>159188299
I got UNS4 and the story mode in it really shows what a drawn out clusterfuck the war arc is. I mean, you fight the ten tails. The you fight a bunch of ten tails clones. Then you fight Obito. Then you fight Obito in control of the Ten Tails. Then you fight Obito when he's absorbed the ten tails. Then you fight Madara. Then you fight Madara when he's absorbed the ten tails and it just goes on, and on, and on. How the fuck did his editors think 15 fucking volumes of progressively more retarded fights was acceptable?
>>
File: 1495135746392.png (77KB, 233x237px) Image search: [Google]
1495135746392.png
77KB, 233x237px
boruto more like burrito amirite
>>
>>159188399
such a big arc, so many villains and he still couldn't give any attention to any side characters because of the gigantic random powercreep he decided to do that arc, sad!
>>
File: 1496242179890.jpg (142KB, 367x642px) Image search: [Google]
1496242179890.jpg
142KB, 367x642px
amirite
>>
File: 1495631936179.png (295KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
1495631936179.png
295KB, 540x602px
ami
>>
when shitpudden just focus on Naruto and Sasuke growth
>>
>>159187926

For simplicity lets break down that 40k shinobi into each of the 5 villages, that means about 8k per village including Konohagakure. Lets take your assumption of 150k citizens and divide 8k by 150k to determine what percentage of the population shinobi make up. That gives us about 5.3% of the population. In a tourist area that's comparable to the percentage of workers in hospitality or in a college town the number of college attendees. Even if we assume that Konohagakure has a higher percentage of shinobi we see higher percentages of workers in industry dominated towns like coal towns or factory towns.
>>
>>159187334
Nejis death was the last nail in the coffin for me, I dropped it till after the series wrapped up and read the last few chapters.

Neji was a bro, and probably the most complex character in the show.

Fuck
>>
>>159187127
Sakura was (tried to be) relevant. She should have been killed by Sasori, or Kyuubi Naruto, or Sasuke, or anyone.
>>
>>159187127
When they decided to focus on the lamest characters in the entire setting. If Naruto focused on Team Guy, we'd be good.
>>
After pain died
>>
>>159187138
/thread
>>
>>159187318
Samui is for _______
>>
>>159191793
Newfag here: what does that mean?
>>
>>159187127
1. Kisi didnt have a courage to kill more good guy. Asuma - nobody gives a fuck, Jiraya - I guess his death was ok, but i didnt really care, and Neji who wasnt even relevant in the shippuden arc, and died beliving in a lie. Lets not talk about the villagers whose were resurrected.
2.Meanwhile the Akatsuki members were killed like flies... For the god sake... Were'nt they the top of the top, the best of the best? Still were killed by a bunch of kids.
3 Most of the fuckin villain was just a misunderstood, sad guy, and was converted by Naruto shittalk no justu to suck his dick.
4. Naruto shit talk about hard work to reach your dreams - being the reincarnation of a godlike being, being the son of two powerfull shinobi, and using the Kyuubi chakra to win most of his fights.
>>
>>159187127
When it first started
>>
Timeskip
>>
Rock Lee vs Gaara hyping up autists to a worthless jobber character.
>>
>>159191398
Woah yeah man I'd love to read about ten ten neji and lotusfag 1 and 2
>>
File: thatsjustmy2cents.jpg (598KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thatsjustmy2cents.jpg
598KB, 1600x1200px
>>159187127

Kishimoto...

designed useless characters.

poorly redesigned the current characters. (Matrix Gaara comes to mind)

didn't have Naruto and Sasuke have their final battle after defeating Pain and Itachi.

made the Shinobi War Arc in general.
>>
>>159188127
When Sakura spent every ounce of screen time she had with Nart either shitting on him or manipulating him.
>>
>>159193915
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
File: madara.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
madara.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
The last arc was a mess. It really didn't help that Madara was clearly in the right either.
>>
>>159187127
drastic power creep, remember when mikazuki no mai, chidori and kaiten is a big deal?
>>
>>159187127
So many obnoxious characters with no deep meaning other than fighting for no reason. And don't even get me on the edgy story plots that rain over the main cast. Everyone needs to be orphan, mental ill or literally retarded to be in that anime. It's enjoyable, but that enjoyment is pretty much rare after seeing so many fucking times that same one sided battles, 20 out of 25 minutes of remembering the past and a new war no one cares about.
>>
>>159187127
Shippuden was a mistake.
>>
>>159187127
Not sure, dropped it when naruto became rock paper and scissors with deidara and sasuke.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.