[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto yet are praised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 38

File: mcpuncheshaard.jpg (575KB, 1339x901px) Image search: [Google]
mcpuncheshaard.jpg
575KB, 1339x901px
Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto yet are praised a lot more for being "different" and "improved," even though they use the same shonen tropes and storytelling but not nearly as well. e.g. OPM is supposedly a satire yet plays it straight when it comes to it's hero F I N A L L Y arriving.
>>
>These shows are bad because I don't like them
Does that about sum it up?
>>
Since DB and Naruto are over, people want a new series to follow. They flocked to the closest thing.
>>
>>159161287
>or Naruto
>>
>>159161287
Go back to /v/ and stay there.
>>
>>159161578

>These shows aren't what I wanted them to be because they arent DBZ and Naruto, or just because I dont like the people who like them

I think this is more accurate

In other words, OP is just closeminded
>>
>>159161944
dis right here
>>
>>159161287
Thats something I always wondered aswell. OPM is supposed to be a battle shonen parody but, for 95% of its screentime, it lacks the parody bit. There arent enough jokes to justify the addition to the subgenre. Most of the social criticism is a joke and incredibly flat/dull. I mean, I am not saying that the show is bad but if OPM is a parody then the original dragonball might very well be too.
>>
>>159161287

There is nothing wrong with OPM when you expect nothing more than a dumb, comedic shonen with memorable characters and nice animation. That's all it is and it does it pretty well.
>>
>>159161287
>I don't like this show so I'll go tell all these people about it, who most certainly care about my opinion!
>>
>>159161578
You have to go back

>>159161954
>>159162043
I explained my point, why are you get triggered so easily. Again because you can't read, what do they do better than dbz and naruto?
>>
>>159161944
Why would I go to /v/ for not liking shonenshit?

>>159162020
DBZ had those things as well, it even had it's own King character.
>>
File: 1489601500277.png (167KB, 348x342px)
1489601500277.png
167KB, 348x342px
>Bakugou gets abducted by villains, lures them into getting within reach, and tries to blow them uo
>Saskue joins the villains, tries to murder all his friends multiple times
>>
>>159162283
>what do they do better than dbz and naruto?
bnha has better art than naruto, better comedy, better portrayal of friendship, cuter girls, and less retarded melodrama

on the other hand it has an even more cancerous main rivalry, a faggot mc and rival, a far less interesting world and infinitely shittier antagonists

so yeah it's overrated as fuck and not that much better
>>
File: 1448757628003.png (593KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448757628003.png
593KB, 1280x720px
>>159161287
>Both of these are a lot worse than DBZ or Naruto
no
>>
>>159163232
Sasuke was a subversion of the trope, it was shocking to see him leave when they've been building up their relationship throughout the show.

There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense. The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.
>>
File: 1498464818600.jpg (376KB, 747x853px) Image search: [Google]
1498464818600.jpg
376KB, 747x853px
>>159161287
>>
>>159163483
Agreed other than the humour, Kakashi and Bee was funnier than any character in BnHA.
>>
File: FA_MHA_86_04.png (296KB, 856x1250px)
FA_MHA_86_04.png
296KB, 856x1250px
>>159163627
>Sasuke was a subversion of the trope
It wasn't. Nothing about Sasuke's actions at that point made sense given what the story was building to and it just felt likes something Kishi did at the moment thinking it would add on to something later when all it did was drag down the quality of the manga and its characters as a result.
>There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense.
Hey Spee D. Reader, Shiggy just assumed Bakugou would join them based on how he carried on during the Sports Festival it was just to drive home that they didn't know shit about Bakugou because the very notion that you thought his intention was to set him up as a villain shows that you were as dumb as Shiggy.
>>
>>159163483
>retarded melodrama

explain
>>
File: Jasper.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
Jasper.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>159163483
>>
>>159161287
>OPM is supposedly a satire
>>159162020
>OPM is supposed to be a battle shonen parody
I don't believe ONE has ever stated it was meant to parody shonen manga. At most, he said he noticed how a lot of battle manga revolve around growth, the main character becoming stronger after the end of each arc, so he went with the idea of someone who was already the strongest at the beginning.

>>159163627
>There was no point to Bakugou getting abducted simply wanted to be a hero from the start, why would he switch sides? It makes no sense. The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.
Bakugo was abducted to highlight that aspect about him. Plenty of people, both in-universe and out-of-universe would've pegged Bakugo as a villain in the making, without really understanding him.

And the fallout of the rescue arc and Bakugo getting captured fueled his character for his and Midoriya's fight after the license exam.

>The author was trying to hint at something big was going to happen, but of course as usual he backs off and it goes back to the usual.
Except for the fact that it did lead to something big, Bakugo's rescue resulted in All Might stepping in and fighting One for All. The end of the fight is that All Might now has no power, has been publicly exposed as losing all his power and no longer being a hero, and with One for All's capture Shigaraki is now pushed and motivated to develop the League of Villains on his own.
>>
>>159163582
>>159163849
Defensive capetards spotted.
>Take shitty shonen formula
>add a layer of capeshit.
>watch capetards flip out "THIS IS AMAZING" even though the same shits been don,e much better in plenty of other shows before
>Profit???

These are the same people who praise GOTG. Shit that only retards can enjoy, they are about as low as you can go on the scale of intellect.
>>
>>159161287
what the fuck did this nigger smoke
>>
File: 1498580874990.png (104KB, 307x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498580874990.png
104KB, 307x269px
>>159161287
>>
>>159164601
How did it not make no sense? Sasuke only wanted to gain power, and there was no one better to teach him.

Learn to read dipshit before you imply that someone couldn't get your shonen manga for retards. I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them, so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me, and when you consider how safe the manga's been playing it's even more ridiculous.

>>159165163
>Plenty of people

Only retards, there was no reason for Bakugou to join.

Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power, which he already but didn't want to admit.

AM fighting OfA was going to happen at some point, it's something that you could see from the beginning. The mangaka simply decided to throw it in this part.
>>
>>159166318
>Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power came from, which he already knew but didn't want to admit.
>>
>>159166318
>How did it not make no sense?
The previous arcs showed Sasuke learning the importance of friendship and teamwork was what led him get as far as he did for him to just dash it all away after everyone telling him otherwise makes no sense even if he did sought power.

> I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them
And he didn't join him so what the fuck are you talking about?
>so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me
Except he never did dumbfuck that was the error from Shiggy being a retard and you speedreading through his Origin chapter. Anyone who wasn't stupid could see the outcome coming a mile away but doesn't mean the characters in-universe have the same mentality.
>>
File: 13.jpg (188KB, 728x1066px)
13.jpg
188KB, 728x1066px
>>159166318
>Bakugou fought Deku because he figured out where his power, which he already but didn't want to admit.
Bakugo's real reason to fight Deku is because of the issues that he got over All Might's run as a hero ending because he was kidnapped, and further exasperated by him failing the license exam. Without those events, especially what happened with All Might and Bakugo having reason to feel responsible, he wouldn't have been going through those same emotions.

>AM fighting OfA was going to happen at some point, it's something that you could see from the beginning. The mangaka simply decided to throw it in this part.
But because this was the point it happened, this gives purpose to this event. And the fallout has had effects on the arcs afterwards. It's led to 1-A now living in dorms, they specifically state how they're modifying the license exam in order to get more people to be eligible and capable of working together now that a major pillar is gone, and without his mentor around Shigaraki has been looking into other groups like Overhaul's Eight Precepts.
>>
>>159161287
just by virtue of not having filler they are better
>>
File: FA_MHA_62_13.png (466KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
FA_MHA_62_13.png
466KB, 856x1250px
>>159166318
>I said from the start it made no sense to me that Bakugou would join them, so the mangaka trying to play that aspect up to the readers seemed retarded to me
...he never did. If you bothered to read the manga its already been established why Bakugou would never be a villain the page >>159164601 here was further proof that Shiggy's plan was never going to work because they didn't know shit about him. Do you just blame the author for not doing shit like you wanted to or are you truly retarded? Also Sasuke deflecting makes no sense on a narrative level, you can clearly see that Kishi rushed a lot of shit in the Retrieval arc hence why apparently Naruto is Sasuke's best friend now and Sasuke just forgot everything he learned throughout the course of the series up until that point because MUH POWAH was more important.
>>
>>159161578
maybe for you it does

>>159161954
yes, OP is the close minded one

>>159163483
>infinitely shittier antagonists
nigger, have you even watched naruto? it has some of the best antagonists in the entire genre
>>
>>159167515
>it has some of the best antagonists in the entire genre
you're right, great antagonists like:
-pain
-female pain
-robot pain
-fat pain
-that other pain
-and that one other pain
>>
>>159166809
He saw that Naruto was caught up to him because he was learning from Jiraiya and his ego couldn't take it dipshit. Can't even understand Naruto.

>Anyone who wasn't stupid could see the outcome coming a mile away
see>>159165163

>And he didn't join him
That's why there was no point, because anyone could see it coming, we didn't learn anything.
>>
>>159161287
MHA is arguable, but One Punch Man is much better than Naruto.
>>
I'd be more interested to see an argument of which is better between opm and hero aca
>>
>>159168070
They're too different
>>
>>159167631
>sleeping on my nigga orochimaru
>sleeping on my nigga itachi
>>
>>159168149
are they? They both are going against the usual western hero ideas and shonen tropes (even though opm is not a shonen)
>>
>>159168190
>orochimaru
you mean slithery pedophile?
>itachi
i'll give you that one.
>>
>>159168408
>implying slithery pedophile doesn't make for a good villain
>>
>>159167821
>He saw that Naruto was caught up to him because he was learning from Jiraiya and his ego couldn't take it dipshit.
And that's not even right

>>159167821
You literally pointed to someone who pointed out your stupidity.

>That's why there was no point
see>>159164601
You are wrong and on top of that you're a speedreader.
>>
>>159168475
>muh immortality
>muh teenage body
>muh vessel
>>
>>159168610
again, how do any of those motives make him a bad villain
>>
>>159168638
not a bad villain, just not one of the greatest ones.
>>
>>159167821
First of all no that was not the case and second that's also another inconsistency since during the finals at the Chuunii exam Sasuke was excited to fight Naruto the most so why would he be jealous that he had gotten stronger since then since they had already acknowledged each other as rivals? Sasuke is just a poorly written character and brought the story down

Except there was a point to establish that

a) Shiggy was way over his head and didn't understand his character

b) To further establish Bakugou being serious about his goal thus proving Aikawa right

It was needed so that retards like you could get it through their heads that Bakugou wouldn't be swayed to joined villains.
>>
>>159161649
>>Since DB and Naruto are over
>he doesn't know
>>
>>159167821
>That's why there was no point, because anyone could see it coming, we didn't learn anything.
i remember tons of faggots making threads about bakugou and saying
>he's juts another sasuke but more angry
>he's gonna end up a villain
>he's gonna end up joining the villains
and many more.
>he's gonna be deku's arch-nemesis or something.
>>
Thinking about picking up Hero academy for this cutie.
Also, compared to HxH, how gay is this?
>>
>>159168973
>how gay is this?
kirishima cannonically gets hard while thinking of bakugou.
>>
>>159169044
>kirishima
He's not cute at all. How about my boy Deku?

I wish Frog was a guy.
>>
>>159169105
>kirishima
>not cute
i object.
>>
>>159167001
So you can't even read your own pic? Bakugou has Sasuke's ego where he's angry that someone he didn't respect somehow caught up to him and was even recognized by the hero he admired BECAUSE HE GOT HIS POWER. Him being the reason is only an added insult to those injuries. Besides things worked out amazingly well when you consider that AM was already on his way out and was able to get his revenge against OfA

>>159167090
There's no point to leaving Bakugou as the only one abducted and making it a focus. There was another guy being abducted but they rescued him. The mangaka was trying to play situation up by making Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.

Sasuke while similar isn't like Bakugou in that his priority is to get revenge, he started to appreciate other things but it makes sense that getting revenge and learning why from Itachi did what he did far supersedes it.
>>
>>159169105
Deku is probably the furthest from gay you could be.
>>
>>159169105
>a literal faggot/fujishi asking for recommendations, and nobody except me has told xir/xer to fuck off.
/a/ is truly dead. By the way fuck off fujo/faggot.
>>
>>159169313
>Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.
that is bullshit and you know it.
Their idea was to kidnap bakugou and recruit him into the villain aliance because they thought the behaviour they saw from him in the USJ and the sports festival meant that he was a push away from being a villain, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
it was done to show shiggy's incompetence as a strategist and bakugou's resolve to become a hero, give all might his final fight against the ultimate evil, and make shiggy start standing up for himself by separating him from all for one.

it wasn't without purpose, it didn't come out of nowhere and wasn't unjustified.
>>
File: 1442028324177.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442028324177.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>>159169391
>muh dead /a/ bitching on a shonen thread about OPM, Naruto and Hero academy
>>
>>159168705
I'm not going to look it up, but there's a big scene where Sasuke uses chidori and seems impressed by himself, but then he sees what Naruto's rasengan did and you could tell by his face how it affected him. That was the deciding scene right before he gets abducted, so yea you're too retarded to follow Naruto.

I knew from the start Bakugou wouldn't join that was my point you retarded simpleton who keeps repeating this.

>>159168805
They're retards who can't follow a retarded shonen manga then.
>>
>>159169779
>That was the deciding scene right before he gets abducted
Wrong again retard
>>159169675
>>159169779
>knew from the start Bakugou wouldn't join
You clearly didn't or else you wouldn't have made such a stupid statement
>>
>>159161287

nice bait thread
>>
>>159169589
They would have stiIl went to rescue Mr. chuuni if he was the one abducted, even if they can't get him to join OfA can take his quirk, but no they had to play up Bakugou by making him the focus being the only one abducted. They could have used this explore one of the shittily developed side characters, but of course this is your typical shonenturd cliche.

As for shiggy, his retardedness was already shown in scenes like where he left the heroes off the hook when he saw AM coming in at USJ. He's been shit through and through even portrayed by the mangaka as a retarded edgy gamer.
>>
>>159169675
Even shonenfags and moeshitters should have higher standards tan entertaining anything other than telling a fujoshit to fuck right off. Also, read the rules, this is not a board for recommendations faggot.
>>
>>159168070
One Punch Man is better. The stakes are more interesting because they're not simply, "Will the good guys win?" We know the good guys will win. Saitama will win in one punch. It's what happens on the way that is more interesting. To me, there is as of yet no moment in Hero Aca more emotionally deep than Boros telling Saitama he was too strong.
>>
>>159162283
>what do they do better than dbz and naruto?
No plotholes
>>
>>159170598
>OPM
>stakes
>>
>>159170807
One day you'll grow up and realize that there can be stakes beyond physical consequences.
>>
>>159169313
>There's no point to leaving Bakugou as the only one abducted and making it a focus
You do realize that Shiggy was specifically targeting Bakugou right?
>There was another guy being abducted but they rescued him
That was by accident they weren't targetinghim

>The mangaka was trying to play situation up by making Bakugou the only one to get abducted when anyone else would have worked.
Shiggy abducted Bakugou because he saw how he was carrying on during the Sports Festival which was three arcs prior. He SPECIFICALLY went after him because he thought his aggressive personality meant he was prime villain material and he was wrong and goes back to how the audience reacted to his behavior and assumed the worst of him. Why is that so hard for you to understand unless you truly didn;t get it.

>, he started to appreciate other things but it makes sense that getting revenge and learning why from Itachi did what he did far supersedes it.
It does not make sense for him to betray his friends over what was a mere spat.
>>159170501
>They would have stiIl went to rescue Mr. chuuni if he was the one abducted, even if they can't get him to join OfA can take his quirk, but no they had to play up Bakugou by making him the focus being the only one abducted.
What the fuck are you talking about? They would have rescued them regardless but Shiggy only sent them after Bakugou. You are just blatantly talking out your ass at this point.
>>
>>159170986
Its just that OPM has not stakes and you're just a retard
>>
File: coffee sip.jpg (2KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
coffee sip.jpg
2KB, 92x125px
>>159165546
>>159165799
>>159170494
>HURR STOP SHITTING ON SHOWS MADE FOR RETARDS LIKE ME

>>159170033
So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.

I even said that you're a simpleton who's only capable of repeating things by assuming your own convenient projections. I said from the beginning >>159163627
my issue was that we didn't learn anything about characters because we already Bakugou had no join to them as his goal was to be a hero.
>>
>>159161287
>are a lot worse than DBZ

Yes

>or Naruto

No. BnHA is 6/10 and OPM is 7/10, Naruto is 6/10 at high points and as low at 2/10 at dumbass parts
>>
>>159161287
>they use the same shonen tropes and storytelling but not nearly as well

Please elaborate
>>
>>159171063
It has stakes, you're just too dumb to see them.
>>
File: monkey.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
763KB, 1280x720px
>>159170501
>>159169313
Shiggy wanted Bakugou because he thought he could be swayed to joined the VA why the fuck would he be interested in Tokoyami of all people? Bakugou wasn't even the focus of that arc either. You just love being wrong all the time don't you?

>>159171114
>So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.
Nope, you also didn't refuete my point.

>>159171114
>my issue was that we didn't learn anything about characters because we already Bakugou had no join to them as his goal was to be a hero.
And as many people have pointed out the entire point of the encounter wasn't about getting to know Bakugou it was to show that Shiggy and the public had the wrong image of him. So you're basically complaining about nothing.
>>
File: FA_MHA_89_14.png (244KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
FA_MHA_89_14.png
244KB, 856x1250px
>>159171256
Yeah because they're not there
>>159171114
>I even said that you're a simpleton who's only capable of repeating things by assuming your own convenient projections
Because you've been proven wrong twice over already and are just repeating shit like a parrot. Bakugou was kidnapped because Shiggy assumed he could persuade him into joining his side based on his actions during the live broadcast of the sports festival, we learned that the general public don't think very highly of him and assumed that he would be convinced to join see here>>159164601 and they were both proven wrong. Just because some readers already knew the outcome (you didn't because your argument assumes otherwise) doesn't mean that the characters in-universe does.

>>159170501
>He's been shit through and through even portrayed by the mangaka as a retarded edgy gamer.

Nope you're just a fucking idiot that this was suppose to be his development
>>
>>159171037
Why do you keep ignorin' that Sasuke also wanted power for his revenge, his priority? Oh because your shitty argument wouldn't work.

You can stop repeating a list of the obvious because you can't read and assume other people are as retarded as you. The point is the mangaka played up the situation by making Bakugou the only one abducted putting the focus on him, when any other character could have worked. Why couldn't Bakugo be the one rescued and they had to rescue the chuuni? There was no point in putting the focus on Bakugou other than the mangaka trying to milk a shitty trope, because we already knew Bakugou had no reason to join.
>>
File: 1481820682355.jpg (138KB, 1427x802px)
1481820682355.jpg
138KB, 1427x802px
>>159171682
>Why do you keep ignorin' that Sasuke also wanted power for his revenge, his priority?
Why do you keep ignoring all his character development up until his betrayal Kishi because it'll reveal how poorly written the character was and how your argument wouldn't stand? Hell his revelation during his fight with Gaara already shits on your stance.

>The point is the mangaka played up the situation by making Bakugou the only one abducted putting the focus on him, when any other character could have worked
Strike one. Shiggy had specifically targeted Bakugou because he saw his actions during the sports festival. I going to keep repeating this to drill it into your ass because you apparently are too stupid to accept the fact that no other character would have worked in that given situation.

> Why couldn't Bakugo be the one rescued and they had to rescue the chuuni?
Strike Two. Why would Shiggy want Tokoyomi when his displays none of the signs of a fucking villain? Shiggy wanted Bakugou due to his abrasive personality in which Tokoyomi doesn't have.

>There was no point in putting the focus on Bakugou other than the mangaka trying to milk a shitty trope, because we already knew Bakugou had no reason to join.
And strike three. It worthless to repeat teh same shit because you're going to repeat the same shit because you have no leg to stand. But please continue I want to see how you get out of this.
>>
>>159171267
>>159171594
You guy are arguing with a strawman here. That's the only argument in your retarded because you can't refute my other points so you can focus on this strawman that I wasn't even arguing for. What's the point of saying the obvious? Shiggy's intention makes no difference here.
>>
>>159171983
>NO U

I'll take that as a concession
>>
>>159171897
Sasuke's priority was power for revenge. Why would those things sway him?
see>>159171983
>>
>>159172051
How is that a no u? How many morestrawman's are you going to make?
>>
>>159172073
see
>>159172051

Are you done?
>>
>>159172131
>How is that a no u?
Didn't refute any of the points
>strawman
Go learn what strawman is because none of them have used it
>>
File: 1498096391094.png (889KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498096391094.png
889KB, 1366x768px
>>159171983
None of them are strawman though.
>because you can't refute my other points
I refueted every single one of your points you have yet to make a point throughout this entire thing.

>>159172073
So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here.
>>
>>159171185
>BnHA is 6/10 and OPM is 7/10, Naruto is 6/10
>>
>>159172176
Again you retards have ran out of arguments

>>159172176
It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you, when that had no relevance to my point. Again because you're a retard who's defensive about his shonenturd, try and refute these points.

Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope. Making it about Bakugou, when it made no difference if they rescued Bakugou instead and had let the chuuni get abducted, because they would have went to rescue him as well. There was no point to make point of focus because we already knew he wouldn't join because it would go against his character and goal. So we didn't learn anything about the characters.
>>
>>159172224
>No U the post

>So I can see you ran out of arguments to parrot here

sasuga parroting simpleton
>>
>>159161287
I like them both, if for different reasons, and you can deal with it.

I want at least one shonen to like and HxH and YYH didn't quite do it for me.
>>
>>159172847
>It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you
So you don't know what a strawman is. Okay

>Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope
Which has been proven wrong and you can't even state what trope it is to begin with probably because it doesn't exist

>Still parroting the same shit after being proven wrong dozens of times

Yeah you're done.
>>
File: 1498418823931.jpg (11KB, 183x275px)
1498418823931.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
kuso thread
>>
>>159161287

Holy shit how wrong can one opinion be
>>
>>159172847
>It is a strawman because you're simpletons suggesting that I said somewhere that Shiggy's intention wasn't Bakugou because that would things more convenient for you,
Except nobody here said that we're just laughing at your inability to make a point and ignoring blatant evidence provided for you

>Hori played up the situation by making Bakugou be the only one abducted to milk a shitty shonen trope.
And what is that trope?

>when it made no difference if they rescued Bakugou instead and had let the chuuni get abducted, because they would have went to rescue him as well
Again why would Shiggy want Tokoyomi? This is the giant hole in your argument that you refuse to patch up
> There was no point to make point of focus because we already knew he wouldn't join because it would go against his character and goal.
This point has already been refueted so you're really just ignoring posts at this point
>>
I think opm is genuinely good but Hero is just very well produced yet totally uninspired.
>>
>>159173386
I think your tastes is fucking shit.
>>
>>159173386
You got it backwards
>>
File: 1497116749471.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497116749471.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>159162283
Wait, surely this is just bait. You get triggered by what they said, and then you proceed to call them triggered?
>>
>>159161578
also
>the joke flies over my head so it's bad
>>
>>159162020
but Original Dragon Ball was part way a gag manga too
>>
>>159172971
NO U the post again

Was there a point to this? You were arguing against a point I wasn't even making, so yea that's a strawman retard. Again you seem to have ran out of arguments so you keep repeating how BTFO I am with no support for it, also funny to see you suddenly add parrot to your vernacular, parroting simpleton.

>>159173110
You're too retarded to see that Shiggy's intention made no difference here, I only suggested Toko because he happened to be caught as well. It was a contrived arc to milk the trope of having the ebil dahk side offer an opportunity to one of the MCs to join them that would make it easier to achieve their goals, but in this case it was super retarded because the ebil dahk side didn't even have anything to offer. So Bakugou wasn't even tested. This makes Shiggy look even more retarded and so we didn't learn anything about these characters we already didn't know.
>>
>>159174641
>S-s-s-s-s-s-strawman!

Yeah you're done.
>>
>>159173960
I asked them to support their points how is that triggered.

If you want to see triggered see these two posts.

>>159173705
>>159173745

Look how defensive they are and how they lash out because someone made ONE criticism of a show they like. The response of a simpleton.
>>
>>159174240
It used to be just Dr. Slump 2, but then Toriyama and his editor Torishima decided to make the tournament. Though there were plenty of humorous fights from that point on like Murasaki, Metallitron, Invisible Man, and Chiaotzu, there were also plenty of actual fights like Tao, Jackie Chun, and generally everything past Chiaotzu. It was only really a gag manga at the very, very start, then it became a humorous tournament martial arts manga.
>>
File: 1484274434301.jpg (195KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1484274434301.jpg
195KB, 1200x899px
>>159161287
this is bait

fuck I don't even browse this board that often and I can still tell this is shit quality bait
>>
>>159163627
>it was shocking to see him leave when they've been building up their relationship throughout the show.

I don't know, as much of a shocking swerve as it was initially it was more puzzling to hear Naruto drone on and on about him like they were best fucking buddies when the only time they spent an entire arc on screen together was Land of Waves.

He ducked in and out of the Chunin Exam, was sleepy for all of the Jiraiya arc, and then decides to fuck off to Orochimaru.

Somehow these were the best days of Naruto's life.
>>
>>159174641
>You're too retarded to see that Shiggy's intention made no difference here
Actually it does since we actually see him watching the festival and the only motivation to recruiting Bakugou is from witnessing his behavior. That was his motivation to kidnapping because it would cause a stir that UA's 1# freshman had been abducted by villains.

>I only suggested Toko because he happened to be caught as well
So you were literally talking out your ass even though Tokoyami had been taken by accident? Okay

>was a contrived arc to milk the trope of having the ebil dahk side offer an opportunity to one of the MCs to join them that would make it easier to achieve their goals
This isn't even a trope to begin with.

>but in this case it was super retarded because the ebil dahk side didn't even have anything to offer. So Bakugou wasn't even tested.
Shiggy didn't give him an offer he literally told him his conditions, when he saw that it fell through he was going to turn him into a Nomu anyways until All Might stepped in.
>>
>>159174726
Yea, I explained my point of why it was a strawman. What now, you got argument? Or I suppose once the parroting simpleton that is you has been back into a corner, you can only hang onto what's left of your ego by repeating yourself like it has any kind of point.

come respond again with something trite can be seen from a mile away like one of those quips from GOTG
>>
>>159175262
>I explained my point of why it was a strawman
And you were wrong like last time. Again are you done or are you going to embrass yourself some more
>>
OPM is good. BHA is meh.
>>
>>159175368
We know OPMfag you've posted the same shit all throughout the thread
>>
>>159175368
This. Pretending meme academia is anywhere near OPM greatness iis some heavy hipster delusion. Same with pretending mob shitco is anywhere near OPM.
>>
>>159161287

no, they're better

>yet are praised a lot more for being "different" and "improved,"

these people are retarded too, though

>they use the same shonen tropes and storytelling but not nearly as well

butthurt dbz/naruto fag detected. I love all 4 series and none of them are particularly good at storytelling. they're just fun shows.
>>
>>159175368
>>159175484
No need to samefag
>>
>>159175246
AGAIN. I'm not disputing Shiggy's intentions, they're obvious. The point is putting the focus on Bakugo served no purpose because we didn't learn shit out of it, he wasn't tested.

>This isn't even a trope to begin with.
>join the dahk side

HAHAHA
>>
>>159175783
>AGAIN. I'm not disputing Shiggy's intentions
>>159174641
>Shiggy's intention made no difference here
>>
>>159175848
He's shitposting at this point. Don't bother
>>
>>159175339
>You were arguing against a point I wasn't even making
So this doesn't describe a strawman to you huh retard?
>or are you going to embrass yourself some more
how trite are you going to get? Parrot some more rhetoric you heard before simpleton.
>>
>>159175848
How are they the same? I recognize his intention but that makes no difference here because I'm criticizing the arc.

also you're the one who tried to pass off "join the dahk side" as non trope. You got couldn't even recognize an obvious trope in your own retardedly easy to follow manga thinking to yourself "this is amazing, it's so different" even though it's same cliche shit.
>>
>>159176339

>also you're the one who tried to pass off "join the dahk side" as non trope. You couldn't even recognize an obvious trope in your own retardedly easy to follow manga thinking to yourself "this is amazing, it's so different" even though it's the same cliche shit.
>>
>>159161287
Fuck off greek shitter
>>
>>159168190
Itachi wasn't even a villain and his actions don't make any sense in retrospect.
>>
File: 100-21.jpg (455KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
100-21.jpg
455KB, 856x1250px
>>159169105
Deku is straight
>>
>>159170598
>The stakes are more interesting because they're not simply, "Will the good guys win?" We know the good guys will win. Saitama will win in one punch.

>It's what happens on the way that is more interesting.
>To me, there is as of yet no moment in Hero Aca more emotionally deep than Boros telling Saitama he was too strong.

holy shit are you retarded?
>>
>>159178803
i liked him far better when he was still a villain but what can you do

when he died and was revealed to be a "good guy" was when naruto really died for me. it had its moments until then but the series really went downhill after the pain arc and this
>>
>>159163483
I think that bnha has got much better pacing. At this same point in its story Naruto was only halfway through its third arc.
>>
>>159178803
>Uchiha making sense
>>159179255
you could tell kishimoto didn't know where to take it. BnHA is a worse imitation of Naruto but with way worse fights and worlld building.
>>
File: 1541949018805962422041998307.jpg (99KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1541949018805962422041998307.jpg
99KB, 600x848px
>>159171063
OPM is different from most stories because of Saitama's character. I don't really know what to call it and I've only seen it a few other times, but the focus (as far as stakes and character development is concerned) isn't really on Saitama, even though he's the main character.
Saitama has no stakes. Saitama has no character development. That is something all of the other characters have. It's about how they develop interacting with Saitama.

Also it's a Seinen not a Shounen...
>>
>>159179932
>you could tell kishimoto didn't know where to take it
The only moment when it looked like he had any kind of idea where the story was heading was when he turned the manga into a Naruto/Sasuke love story ham fisted with parallels
>>
>>159180020
It wouldn't be so shit if he didn't try to explain where chakara came from, there was no point to that. Then he could've left madara as the big boss fight.
>>
>>159179957
>Power level wankery
>Deep

Pick one. How strong do you think the next opponent is going to be when compared to OPM and Boros bruh.
>>
Is it too late to join the shitposting?

HxH is the only shounen that isn't generic crap and its fans are the most intelligent posters in this board.
>>
>>159180401
If you're going to make a strawman at least have it resemble something in the post you're referencing in some way...

>How strong do you think the next opponent is going to be when compared to OPM and Boros bruh.
As strong as Garou.....
>>
>>159180495
O
>>
>>159180548
MY
>>
>>159180585
RUBBER
>>
SS4
>>
File: UKEwjWkf7f.png (60KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
UKEwjWkf7f.png
60KB, 300x378px
>>159180595
HEN
>>
>>159168973
Nothing can be more gay than 1999 hxh anime
>>
>>159180838
Instead of pretending that Kurapika is a girl, they should have just made him a girl.
>>
>>159180507
It's been a while and how is it strawman? Are you saying these power level comparisons aren't common?

>>159180495
Not with the spoonfeeding narrator. Even having to read more two lines is too much for some of them. I would say jojo>hxh .
>>
>>159181088
I was pointing out that you shouldn't be expecting character development out of Saitama but rather other characters interacting with him like Snake, Sonic, Genos, Garou, Fubuki, Tatsumaki, King, etc.

And then you for some reason said I was trying to say "power level wankery is deep" which isn't even related to what I was saying in the slightest. If that's not a strawman I don't know what is.
>>
>>159181237
Oh ok, I was talking more about the people that follow OPM and what they talk about. I can see why you would interpret it like that though. I get your point, but I don't see how it's deep like you said.
>>
>>159181396
>I don't see how it's deep like you said
Are you thinking I'm somebody else in this thread?
My only posts are
>>159179957
>>159180507
>>159181237
I never said OPM was deep.
It's just a solid seinen action comedy with good characters/premise.
>>
>>159168226
No "they" are't bnha is a classic shonen
>>
>>159178830
So it is slowly becoming fanservice because the author running out of ideas?
>>
>>159181528
>>159170598
Ok, so that retarded guy wasn't you. Then I did strawman there.

The humour is pretty repetitive with OPM not paying attention to things and the other characters being 2D tropes. Fight scenes are depicted well, but not much happening other than straight attacks being thrown back and forth. The story is pretty much driven by when OPM arrives to fight the boss.
>>
>>159181874
It's always been filled with fan service
>>
>>159181896
>2D tropes
Which cartoon are you talking about again?
>>
>>159161287
OPM is for the same kind of people that love Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy, redditors, who like le meta humor and le trope deconstruction.
>>
>>159181896
>The humour is pretty repetitive
It's definitely not. You probably just aren't paying that much attention to the jokes.
>the other characters being 2D tropes
In the anime definitely. I think the character who gets the most screentime after Genos is Bang? Characters get fleshed out a lot more in the Garou arc, and there's a lot of Fubuki/Tatsumaki character development in the arc after that.
>The story is pretty much driven by when OPM arrives to fight the boss.
>Threat level god threats require Saitama to resolve the problem
Pretty much
>>
I like Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>159182099
>the character who gets the most screentime after Genos is Bang
No it is Saitama
>>
>>159181948
Isn't saying that meta
>>
>>159182128
Saitama has more screentime than Genos...
>>
>>159181914
Usually the increase of fanservice is directly proportional to the increase of flaws in the show if the show wasn't meant to be a ecchi from the beggining.
>>
>>159182151
I was just joking.
>>
>>159182099
>>The humour is pretty repetitive
>It's definitely not. You probably just aren't paying that much attention to the jokes.

What jokes are there?

Name 5 jokes from the last 10 chapters.
>>
>>159161287
Nice bait, everyone here knows OPM> all other anime, they just are too butthurt to admit.
>>
>>159182287
Give your definition of "joke" and maybe someone can reply to you.
>>
>>159182319
joke
dʒəʊk/
noun
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip, pleasantry; More
>>
>>159161287
Because Naruto and DBZ are cringy and have shitty animation
>>
File: on_color_large.png (25KB, 310x310px)
on_color_large.png
25KB, 310x310px
>>159182431
>Cringy
>>
File: 101_10.png (165KB, 779x280px) Image search: [Google]
101_10.png
165KB, 779x280px
>>159182287
>actually serious arc
>expecting tons of jokes
well there are a good amount anyways

102 page 4
102 page 9
102 page 11
103 page 8
104 page 9/10/11
104 page 15
104 page 18

Don't really feel a need to continue
There's also a couple uses of the repetitive "Saitama is OP" joke in those chapters but all the ones I listed are completely different.
>>
>>159182514
As much as 4chan
>>
>>159182418
the thing in that definition is "a thing to cause laughter" is very subjective.
>>
>>159161287
Can some one create an OPM thread?
>>
>>159161578
pretty much all the shitposting in /a/
>>
>>159182584
also link it here so both faction will rage.
>>
File: retardfight.jpg (91KB, 960x540px)
retardfight.jpg
91KB, 960x540px
>>159182514
>>
>>159161578
yup fpbp
>>
>>159181933
OPM?

>>159182099
What nuanced humour am I not getting? I wasn't criticizing the story for not making sense, it makes sense of course because it's a very simple story. I'm saying the story is very repetitive, and that the fight scenes are a lot of straight forward attacks being thrown back and forth and the one with the stronger attack wins.
>>
>>159182524
>102 page 4
>guy gets hit by a car because he was wearing headphones

Okay.

>102 page 9

What's the joke here?

>102 page 11

>you have a short temper, you should drink some milk

Is this the joke?

>103 page 8

Where's the joke here?

>104 page 9/10/11

>Saitama and Tatsumaki inadvertently kill a monster while fighting

Okay.

>104 page 15

>Guy steps on dog shit

A little low brow, but I guess it counts.

>104 page 18

What's the joke here?

I don't see a reason for a gag manga to have a serious arc. If anything it just means the mangaka is running out of funny material to write.
>>
>>159182886
>I do not find jokes funny or they go over my head therefore the series has no jokes
I guess there's no point arguing this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>159182774
I think you don't know what 2d tropes are, list me some character of opm that fits this definition
>with the stronger attack wins
somehow more believable
>story is very repetitive
???? Do you even read OPM
>>
>>159182920
>it's funny because I say it is
>>
>>159183077
it is not funny because i say it
>>
>>159183077
oh wait
>it is not funny because i say it
>>
>>159183149
>>159183169
>I have no argument
>better samefag
>I sure showed him XDDD

A manga is not funny by default assumption. Onus is on you to prove that it's funny.
>>
>>159178830
My favorite part is how All Might losing OfA was prime 100th chapter material, but instead we got Deku feeling boobs on his chest.
>>
>>159183216
look you asked 10 chapter and he in 3 posted more than half of your demand. So i don't know what argument you want.
>>
>>159183225
because the author doesn't know any other way to cool down from important events if not with akward fanservice
>>
>>159183292

That's because the rest of the chapters had no jokes.

A gag manga shouldn't have serious arcs. That's a sign that the mangaka has ran out of jokes.
>>
>>159183310
Why yes, I'd like to see you argue with how humor is a good mechanism of coping with stressful events.
>>
>>159179932
But that's wrong. Naruto's only good aspect was world building. The characters were shit and unlikable except for the ones who never got any screen time. I would take deku, ochako and iida any day of the fucking week even with bakugo shitting up the rival pool. It's at least more likable. Holy fuck naruto was a waste of time past the first arc,
>>
File: 1498779677232.jpg (2MB, 1528x2121px) Image search: [Google]
1498779677232.jpg
2MB, 1528x2121px
>>159161287
BnHA is good though
It knows what it is and does it well
>>
>>159183361
Why is this teacher allowed to be this fertile?
>>
>>159183322
Tripfag has garbage taste? Who'd of thought eh?
>>
>>159183051
So you don't know what 2d tropes characters are? I would describe it as the use of tropes to make a simplified identity for the character. OPM is pretty much littered with these, the ol karate master, samurai with a straw in his mouth, pretty boy with an ego...

>>159183149
>>159183169
you should go back you fit this post >>159181948
>>
>>159183354
it shouldn't be for us though, it should deal with characters stress. I don't think after the events that occured Deku, knowing his personality, would think of "boobies". If it was any other chill character that could have stand but with him it results forced
>>
>>159183524
by your examples, every single character in every ficitonal work is a 2d trope.
>you should go back
go back where? In our discussion it doesn't matter if i fit or not that comment.
>>
File: tumblrgif.gif (927KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrgif.gif
927KB, 500x270px
>>159183540
Deku is still kind of spazstic when it comes to women, he's hanging out with Uraraka only because Uraraka is the one hanging out with him, so it makes sense that boobs would be a big deal for him and for Uraraka since she has hots for him.
>>
File: 1f1xy6.jpg (54KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
1f1xy6.jpg
54KB, 991x902px
>>159169044
>>
>>159183636
>by your examples, every single character in every ficitonal work is a 2d trope.

What? He's saying they're stereotypical characters. There are lots of manga with characters that are not stereotypical. E.g Homunculus.
>>
>>159183322
so what is your opinion on gintama?

There is no serious arc in OPM.
>>
>>159183669
>Homunculus.
Their "aspect" doesn't define their personal nature.
I am saying that by defining them only by their look i can bring back every fictional characters into 2d tropes.
>>
>>159183674

Gintama was funny for maybe 2 episodes, then they reuse the same fucking jokes every episode.

The Garou arc and the Fubuki vs Tatsumaki arcs were both serious. There were basically no jokes in them.

A joke arc is something like the mosquito girl. The entire arc was set up for that slap at the end. In contrast, what was the Garou arc set up for? What was the Fubuki vs Tatsumaki arc set up for?
>>
>>159183637
>so it makes sense that boobs would be a big deal for him
In a normal circumstance that is acceptable
>>
>>159161287
They're all bad to be honest.

I don't see how Hero Academia can appeal to people above the age of 18. It's so childish and incoherent.

OPM is just a shitty joke that goes on for far too long.
>>
>>159183780
I mean most anime is indulgent garbage...I thought everyone was in agreement about this.
>>
>>159161287
Nah.

Only OPM is worse than both.

BnHA is better than Nardo, worse than DBZ.
>>
>>159183717

"pretty guy with ego" describes every aspect of that character from appearance to personality to background. Everything.

It's the definition of a cardboard cutout.
>>
>>159183835
so let me ask you who are you talking about and from that sole sentence what do you know about his background and consequently his reason for having the ego?
>>
>>159183358
Ochako is Hinata but more outgoing and retarded. Shika>>Lida. Deku is a whiny shit even after he got gifted far and away the be st quirk, he's pretty much going to get there because of how OP it is in comparison to the other quirks. Compared to Naruto who was a pretty funny guy, got shit on way more than Deku but didn't whine and cry about it, worked his way up. How is Deku more likeable?

Oh and Naruto viIlains>>>>>>>BnHA.
>>
>>159161287
Both are shounen. Excellent shounen, if I might add. So using shounen tropes isn't really a criticism. Both added new stuff, BnH added elements from the sports and school genres and they went really well together with the superpowers/superhero premise, and OPM's used parody and exaggeration as a comic relief along with the usual gag humor which resulted in a funnier end product. Both are well-written, well-paced and have top-tier art (Murata is the shit).

I've never read or watched one of those decades-running shounen like Naruto and I'll probably never will, so I can't compare. But I'm sure they're too, at minimum, good enough to survive in the cut-throat Japanese market all that time.
>>
>>159183736
at least you admit that there are some jokes (bad or not), that is a good starting point.
The entire garou reason to become a villian was a joke. All thing saitama said was just him bsting around like when he did when genos asked him some wisdom.
For the entire fight, saitama was pushing garou to give all he got for selfish reason, because he wanted to have a real fight.
>>
>>159161287
Hero Academia I could understand, but OPM? How can anyone actually have a reason outside >>159161578
to actually hate OPM?
>>
>>159183636
Do you not know what tropes mean? This is the kind of retard that praises these shows. To explain it simply they don't have nuance, they're cardboard characters because what you see is what you get.
>>
>>159183920
Your retarded and those comparisons only show you don't read BnHA. most of the naruto villians were shit except pre-shitpuden and zabuza. Deku is more likable because he's not an annoying retard. When he stands with his convictions he does it in line with what a hero should be rather than against. Naruto was an insufferable retard who did everything he wasn't supposed to do and won anyway with no concequences than became ninja jesus and really didn't learn shit or suffer because of his stupid actions. Sasuke and orochimaru got away with everything when they needed to be put down. The naruto universe got terrible as kishimoto stopped caring,
>>
>>159183941
>Excellent shounen

Above average at best. The only excellent shonen is HxH.
>>
>>159184033
>The only excellent shonen is HxH.
O
>>
>>159183975
The only reason I might see is that Saitama is a boring character or has no character development.
But really, the story is about him having it so easy that his life is boring, there's no challenge. He's changing the other characters by doing trivial shit in his eyes and it's fun to read about.
>>
>>159183872

Yes, he's a generic pretty boy with an ego. These are a dime a dozen. From that you can deduce all his actions displayed thus far.

Try doing that for any character in Homunculus.

>>159183942

>because he wanted to have a real fight

How is this a joke? What's the punchline?
>>
>>159184047
Wer wohnt in 'ner Ananas ganz tief im Meer?
>>
>>159184121
Believe it.
>>
File: deid.jpg (303KB, 870x830px) Image search: [Google]
deid.jpg
303KB, 870x830px
>>159184020
>Your retarded
Was this on purpose? You're so retarded you can't even see Deku uses the same talk no jutsu that Naruto does. The issue with Naruto as a character was Kishi made him ghey for Sasuke.

>>When he stands with his blah bla blah...
So does Naruto, so does pretty much any other shonen MC. What's the point of this line?

It's funny you didn't mention any BnHA viIlains to refute me. Oro getting away with it only makes him better. You didn't even refute my other points like Ochako is pretty much Hinata because you can't. BOOM!

deidara>>>bnha
>>
File: fubuki_tats.png (11KB, 132x186px) Image search: [Google]
fubuki_tats.png
11KB, 132x186px
>>159184007
they're cardboard characters because i feel like they are carboard characters? you only saw the anime admit it
>>
File: 1483465121347.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483465121347.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>mfw I can't for the life of me figure out why BNHA is so well liked

forgive me /a/, I just can't do it. I caught up with it one month ago and can never bother to keep going.

Early naruto was much better than BNHA but the later parts are much, much worse. While I think BNHA is somehow boring, Naruto became an abomination.
>>
>>159184410
Deku only did that with todo and it was in a friendly match. Not a murderer.

Deidara was fun but not very interesting and he was pointless to the storynas he died like a bitch. Ochakco isn't remotely like hinata. I don't get where you get that comparison. She's outgoing, she's more than just cardboard, and her purpose wasn't shoehorned in like hinata,

Deku might have some traits normal shonen protagonists have except hes different in that he's intelligent and plans ahead when he can. he doesn't shout like an idiot every two seconds doing the opposite of what he's supposed to do. This was an issue with naruto he aced like a kid and still won with zero consequences. rescuing sasuke should have killed people. Naruto should have been fucking responsible.

The only good arc was zabuzas. it was the only arc that showed what kind of world they live in and how dangerous it was before removing all that tension.
>>
>>159184007
Obviously, no writer ever innovates every single thing about a story, one or two never-done-before things per story is more than reasonable enough. Tropes are necessary since they are established archetypes and plot devices that were proven to work in the hands of a good writer. Keep in mind that tropes != cliches.

>>159184410
>Was this on purpose?
Not him but "X is shit" "your shit" is an old meme. I think it was started by one of those old /b/ greentext screenshots.
>>
>>159161287
>DBZ or Naruto
Don't expect to find honest opinions on these series in this contrarian shithole.
>>
>>159184493
I can't explain it much more than this so go away retard.

>>159184557
hes different in that he's intelligent and plans
So do other shonen MCs, even Naruto.

>>159184631
I know it, but I don't think he does.

>>159184548
You should post more
>>
>>159184631
>one or two never-done-before things per story is more than reasonable enough.

And OPM has none of those.
>>
>>159168190
Orochimaru was a stereotypical evil sorcerer on the quest for power and immortality, whose entire personality is subsumed into lust for power. The fact that he still is the best villain in nurutu says a lot about the rest.

Itachi ended up not even a villain, his personality resembled nothing recognizable as a human being, and even given his nonsensical personality his actions were batshit retarded.
>>
>>159184071
>generic pretty boy with an ego
>dime a dozen
>can't tell me what i am asking
ok tell me, hoping that this one would be answered, what is he gonna do next.
>>
>>159161287
>BNHA
>praised more than DBZ

Even OPM doesn't get anywhere close. You have no clue how much of a splash DBZ had, if you were around for Madoka, you can imagine that times a hundred, especially since it was all over the world.
>>
>>159184835
>you retard because i said
>i win because i said
>>
>>159184835
>hes different in that he's intelligent and plans
>So do other shonen MCs, even Naruto
No, they don't. they yell and scream and punch. Deku does that sometimes but he's the brains of most operations and he analysis the situation more than others. More so, when he does just scream and punch he gets fucked up because of it. He's had to change his entire fighting style because he fucked up his arms.

>>159184889
Just stop beating around the bush it was japanese harry potter because he was a hack.
>>
>>159184859
How many shounen that poke fun at the silliness of the genre by parodying its cliches and exaggarating its tropes, while still being a good shounen in its own right, are out there? OPM main gimmick is that it is a comedy first before being an action and that it is mainly a parody but it still delivers when it comes to typical battle shounen stuff, it also uses Western-style superheroes which isn't that common to begin with. The combination of these things plus the top-notch art and/or animation quality is never done before.
>>
File: #mein nigger.png (121KB, 374x372px) Image search: [Google]
#mein nigger.png
121KB, 374x372px
>>159184548
It has too many likeable characters
The anime is pretty bad and the manga starts off boring, but gets really good at points. The school trip arc is amazing.
>>
Even the DBZ manga is mostly panels of people making shocked or angry faces, it's not that good.
>>
I don't think bnha is bad, I find it pretty enjoyable but I do hate how many of its' fans rate so much higher above other shounens when it only has 140+ chapters, Naruto at that time was when Itachi was introduced

all it takes is a very big and bad final arc for an anime to be seen as shit, so I wouldn't rate bnha as anything special for now
>>
>>159184020
Deku is the worst part of bnha you moralfag.
>>
>>159185059
By making the other characters retarded Deku seems smart in comparison. Okay.
>>
File: gottaneedabiggerone.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
gottaneedabiggerone.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
>>159161287
>>
>>159184835
Definition of trope
b : a common or overused theme or device : cliché the usual horror movie tropes
>>
>>159175368
Both are good. But Mob is better than both.
>>
>>159161287
These shows are interesting in the context of being two sides of the same coin
Their world is the same, a world over-run with monsters/villains and heroes who fight each other, but one is about what it means to have it all and yet have nothing, and the other is about growing and self improving.
>>
>>159184935
Only retarded nostalgiafags praise DBZ
>>
>>159161287
nigger do you even read the webcomic or are you just spouting shit after watching ONE season of onepunchman?

your example is shit, kill yourself

King alone is a better character than every character in BnHA, naruto or that cancerous piece of shonenshit that refuses to die
>>
>>159185257
>Naruto at that time was when Itachi was introduced
Which is ironically when the writing got bad.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px)
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>159189676
>King alone is a better character than every character in BnHA
>>
>>159185155
>The anime is pretty bad and the manga starts off boring
Nice meme
>>
>>159189738
>likes BnHA
>Guardians of the Reddit image

Yeah, checks out.
>>
>>159189738
disprove my statement if you can you facebook meem posting faggot

I'm right here waiting for you to do it
>>
>>159189857
>Disprove my shitty opinion
Why? You obviously haven't read the manga at all if you're going to say something as stupid as that.
>>159189792
>D-d-d-d-d-d-do I fit in yet?
>>
>>159189916
>aww shucks, I got no arguments left so I might as well act cool, yeah!

eat a dick
>>
File: here you go.jpg (39KB, 344x279px)
here you go.jpg
39KB, 344x279px
>>159161287
kek
>>
>>159190001
/thread
>>
>>159161287
Did you just compare a total of 1500 episodes just to 40 episodes
We have a mad man over here
>>
>>159161287
OPM is very, very good.

Naruto had the potential to be an amazing series but they ruined it by forcing too much melodrama and then by reviving everyone in the final arc. Ironically, if Naruto hadn't been so insanely popular and cashcow-ified, I think it would have been a good-tier series

I cannot comment on BnHA because I don't know anything about it.

The original Dragonball was a patrician series. Z, GT and Super are... well, cancer.
>>
>>159180254
>chakra is an innate energy that every human is born with
18 yrs later...
>no wait it came from this tree and someones mom, my bad guys

builds up uchiha and madara as the final big bad for about a decade
>no wait the big bad is someones mom again, my bad
>>
>>159161287
Bill Burr likes One Punch Man. It has transcended anime and become telekino.
>>
>>159190662
>Bill Burr likes One Punch Man.
So its complete shit then
>>
>>159190849
I completely shat in ur mum last nite boy
>>
>>159161287
Aww some edgy kid learned how to bait people on 4chan.
>>
>>159164601
>Nothing about Sasuke's actions at that point made sense

Let's see, he's been lusting after power since the chunin exam because of the Curse Mark he expirienced from the cursed seal

Then there was the part he got his ass kicked by Itachi and was put under Tsukuyomi even though Sasuke learned Chidori after the exam and hated how weak he is compared to Naruto

Then Itachi tells him "you are too weak blah blah, you're hate for me isn't strong enough" This was the key part that lead Sasuke to seek power from Orochimaru, who had his eye on Sasuke since the exams.

If anyone's to blame, blame Itachi. But his actions did make sense in the context of the series.
>>
One Punch Man isn't a comedy, it's a satire. There are some funny moments but that's not the driver of the show.
>>
Mob Phyco is just as good as OPM

but yet nobody seen it nor cares about it
>>
>>159191329
do you want to bring mp100 here in the shit posting?
>>
>>159191121
>Let's see, he's been lusting after power since the chunin exam because of the Curse Mark he expirienced from the cursed seal
And then during the battle with Gaara he sees that teamwork and his friends are the reason why he came so far, hell he doesn't even use the curse seal again under Kakashi's warning because he saw it as a determent.
>Then there was the part he got his ass kicked by Itachi and was put under Tsukuyomi even though Sasuke learned Chidori after the exam and hated how weak he is compared to Naruto
And this is contradicted by the fact that he was most excited to fight Naruto during the Chunni Exams, he didn't bat an eye at Naruto beating Gaara with all his new techniques but suddenly gives a shit despite the fact that Itachi took Naruto out as well and Jiraiya had to save them both.
>If anyone's to blame, blame Itachi
Yes Itachi appearing out of nowhere to torture his brother is the problem but that doesn't negate the fact that Sasuke's characterization is conflicting because Kishi didn't know what the fuck he was doing. The Retrieval arc was rushed as shit as a result of Kishi's lack of forethought and wanting to introduce Itachi early on where he could have delved into Sasuke's character and relationship with Naruto more.
>>
>>159191561
naruto wouldn't have sold half as much as it did if Itachi didn't start the DARKNESS era
>>
>>159191561
>And then during the battle with Gaara he sees that teamwork and his friends are the reason why he came so far

I don't recall that. I remember Sasuke thinking "you've come so far naruto" when Naruto was trying to hold off Gaara by sommening the Giant Toad and Naruto told Sasuke to save Sakura.
I don't think Sasuke ever though "it's because of Teamwork that Naruto is this strong" which itself contradicts that aside the hidden mist village, one of the few times teamwork was shown, Naruto in the Chunin exam powered through everything through sheer force and nine tails chakra and personal training from Jiraiya.
>>
>>159191866
that kind of character really appeals to teens and tweenies

kishi is a smart man. there's a reason why we're talking about naruto and DBZ. and not about bleach and DBZ.
>>
Saitama is not a character, objectively speaking he is the plot device that triggers the development of the side characters
>>
>>159191931
It was before Naruto and Sakura came by that he began thinking that and then when Gaara had already knocked out Sakura he said its best that they work together to take him down but Naruto injected saying he could do it himself. So the story was going in a direction that actually developed his character beyond that then reseted it for some reason by reintroducing Itachi.

>>159191970
Because people liked Naruto despite all its hiccups and missteps while Bleach was just a shitty fad you read as a teen but are embarrassed to revisit it and ever admit you liked it.
>>
>>159192044
that's a good viewpoint, I've never thought of it that way
>>
>>159192044
Glad to see someone else also reads OPM like this.
>>
>>159192215
I feel like Sasuke would still develop a complex because naruto could hold off Gaara on his own. Kishimoto really liked their rivalry.
But I agree, Sasuke was showing real development during the chunin exams. He actually expressed himself and cared for his allies.
Then Itachi (Kishimoto) fucked him up as a character.
>>
>>159192215
>Bleach was just a shitty fad

No. Bleach had better character design and art than Naruto, it had an absolutely fantastic plot during the Soul Society arc. It should have ended with Ichigo becoming an ordinary human but Kubo's pacing was so slow that people's interest faded and it died.

If you limit Bleach to the Soul Society arc + Turn Back the Pendulum flashback arc, it is a borderline amazing series.

Even if you just omit the last arc, it makes Bleach an OK series. It is the last arc that turns it to complete pile of shit.
>>
>>159192445
Wasn't the joke that Itachi didn't intend Sasuke to grow up stupid but Obito derailed that particular gambit and made Sasuke go full edge?
>>
File: Woah there.png (99KB, 157x519px)
Woah there.png
99KB, 157x519px
>>159192684
>Bleach had better character design and art than Naruto, it had an absolutely fantastic plot during the Soul Society arc
>>
>>159192847
confirmed for having never watched the SS arc
>>
>>159192733
Taking away Obito from the picture still leaves Itachi literally telling Sasuke "you're hate isn't strong enough"
The whole Itachi subplot and wanting Sasuke not to be evil and vengeful is so contrived from the moment Itachi was introduced
>>
>>159161287
the problem is that these shows are wee-abo capeshit. western audiences have their own capeshit and dont need nippon capeshit...western audiences turn to shonen for pure shonen, not capeshit re-hash.

Sad that there is not a PURE new shonen right now.
>>
>>159194658
>>>/tv/

leave and don't come back
>>
>>159192684
>bunch of people wearing similar black and white clothes with swords
>good character design

>art
>No backgrounds, the heart

>better than Naruto
>implying that is an accomplishment

>any generic shonen being discussed in this thread
>absolutely fantastic plot
>>
>>159161287
>Naruto
>Good
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.