[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People don't give Detective Conan enough of a chance, honestly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1494lz5.jpg (66KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494lz5.jpg
66KB, 480x360px
People don't give Detective Conan enough of a chance, honestly.
>>
terrible character designs
>>
It's too fucking long
>>
I will when I someday find myself in timeless void with somehow a computer and internet.
>>
Unicorn best girl.
>>
>>159012547
A thousand episodes, 20 movies and dozens of OVAs later, people have given Detective Conan too much of a chance.
>>
I'm referring more to the western audience's reception rather than the japanese audience because let's be honest.

The western audience alone isn't going to warrant Conan to have that many projects going into it.
>>
But the anime is getting dubbed in several different languages, the manga are being sold internationally and Conan is well-known among anime fans world-wide.
>>
>>159013762
Doesn't mean it's beloved by people worldwide.

I'm talking on a level where people care for it, not by how well known it is.
>>
>>159012547
I'm almost halfway through it. Do you know time-consuming watching this is?
>>
>>159014592
I'm well aware. I'm in the same boat as you are about it being time consuming. (I'm 330 episodes in, currently.) but at the same time, there are plenty of other time consuming series as well that people would consider worth investing into.
>>
>>159014742
> there are plenty of other time consuming series as well that people would consider worth investing into
Not really. I think the only series longer than 500 episodes that are more popular in the West than Conan are Naruto and OP.
>>
>>159015026
Oh, and Pokemon, of course. But I don't think many people actually sit down intending to watch the whole Pokemon anime, they've generally just done it from when they were kids or whatever.
>>
>>159015026
I don't know why you're limiting it Anime, and not including other alternatives to following long running series like reading the manga equivelent of said long series.

Regardless, I don't think you should disregard the idea that people like following long running stories regardless of how many, or how little there are. And I would even disagree with the idea that you presented on why them being popular, or relevant in length makes up for that either.

Point being, people do follow long running series, and Conan, out of most of those, isn't nearly as regarded as most others I hear people talk about.
>>
>>159015148
>I don't know why you're limiting it Anime, and not including other alternatives to following long running series like reading the manga equivelent of said long series.
Because you're talking about episodes, and because long manga are not remotely comparable to long anime. in terms of time devoted for equivalent length of material.

>I don't think you should disregard the idea that people like following long running stories regardless of how many, or how little there are.
What?
>And I would even disagree with the idea that you presented on why them being popular, or relevant in length makes up for that either.
No, really, what? Go ask someone who knows English to fix your sentences, I' can't tell what you're getting at. Do you think I'm the other guy?

>Point being, people do follow long running series.
>people do follow long running series
As I've just said, people very rarely follow series as longrunning as Conan. Even fucking Doraemon, which was iconic almost everywhere it aired, can't even get full subs.
>Conan, out of most of those, isn't nearly as regarded as most others I hear people talk about
>as most others I hear people talk about
>it's not as popular as the more popular ones
This is the epitome of selection bias.
>>
Sera is an overrated smelly boy.
>>
I'm waiting for a rushed unfinished arc made while on the author's deathbed in an attempt to finish the story which fails miserably.
>>
Most westerners are casual fucks. Most of /a/ included

>>159015100
Each Pocket Monster series ismstandalone though. You can dive into Sun and Moon with no real problem
>>
File: Untitled.png (287KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
287KB, 853x480px
>>159014592
Watch more than one episode a week, boom you're outpacing it and will eventually catch up.

The people who complain it's long are those who don't start and let it get further away just to support their claim.

I'm not saying 100% of it is worth the time investment (anime only episodes, camping trips) , but you'll know the parts that are.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.