[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Big Three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: fc it.jpg (1MB, 1443x700px) Image search: [Google]
fc it.jpg
1MB, 1443x700px
The shounen shit era is over, those are the most popular mangos in japan right now!
>>
>>158992487
OP and SnK are shonen. Wtf are you talkin about?!
>>
File: take a look at them.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
take a look at them.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>158992487
>shounen shit era is over
this is your /a/ from now on
>>
>>158992487
> babby's first manga
read or lurk moar
>>
>>158992693
>>158992563
Yeah but they aren't bad
>>
>>158992487
2/3 shonen
1/3 seinen with the writing of a shonen.
We are still in shonen era apparently.
>>
>>158992908
there are lots of shonen that aren't bad.
>>
I thought SnK declined in popularity?
That being said it's a pretty cool "Big Three" all in all I guess
>>
File: 1496630908514.png (306KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1496630908514.png
306KB, 856x1250px
>>158992487
>No Boku no Hero
Anon, even if you don't like it, you can't deny it's continuously surging popularity.
>>
>>158993405
It's behind haikyuu, tokyo ghoul and kingdom in the same magazine, also it's really more along the lines of a generic shounen.

kingdom and snk are more on the death note/fma side of the shounen spectrum.
bnha is more on the naruto/bleach side of the shounen spectrum.

And it has yet to sell anywhere close to those 2.
>>
File: kyou.jpg (12KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
kyou.jpg
12KB, 160x144px
I'm so glad for Hara, he deserves this success
>>
>>158993405
there are plenty of manga that sell more
>>
>>158993552

Tokyo Ghoul and Kingdom are not in Jump.
>>
>>158993107
At least can we agree what this era is better than the previus one? Naruto was normie tier and bleach was only good fights. And thematics like ghosbusters wasnt original at all and i know hxh fags hate naruto for plagiarism.
Plus Fairy tail is ending
>>
>>158992997
Shounen is just the type of magazine, snk isn't a battle shounen like a boku no hero or naruto, it consist of 80% dialogue, mystery, world building and plot reveals, there's actually very little fighting yet it's still as popular as it is.

while something like bnha can't got more then two chapters without some kind of violence.

The uprising arc in aot sold more then any other arc they released and it had almost no violence at all.
>>
>>158992487
Two of those three are shounenshit, nigger. And Kingdom's almost the same thing, despite being seinen. Tastes haven't really changed much at all.

>>158993643
>normie
Fuck off, normalfag.
>>
>>158993636
oh i thought it was all jump, i guess shueisha has multiple magazines, if so then that's what i'm referring to.
>>
>>158993799
> oh i thought it was all jump, i guess shueisha has multiple magazines
Please, just fuck off and lurk for two years before posting, you massive casual newfag.
>>
>>158993799

Yes, Shueisha owns multiple magazines across several demographics.
>>
>>158993799
>the biggest manga publisher can only have a single magazine
>somehow they fit 100+ ongoing series into a single magazine that comes out every week
>>
>>158992487
Kingdom is shonen in all but the historical aspect of the material, you know, that it expects you to know who all these historical figures are or at least be able to look them up...as a story though, it's just a "imma be the pirate hokage" shonen (it is very good though but it's popular for the same reason the stuff you're criticizing was)
>>
>>158993799
Fujo bucks fucking strong yo.
>>
File: wikipedia-book.jpg (336KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
wikipedia-book.jpg
336KB, 630x630px
>>158993961
>somehow they fit 100+ ongoing series into a single magazine that comes out every week
I would be intrigued enough to look up subscription and freight delivery costs.
>>
>>158994153
I'd be intrigued enough to look up how cheap/shitty the paper they used would be.
>>
>>158992487
>>ITT Americans don't understand the definition of shounen
>>
>>158994080
Based isayama killed off the 2nd most popular character, and the biggest fujo ship, in favor of a character that isn't popular with fujos.
Yet it still sells well, can't blame fujo bucks.
>>
File: 1494821464120.jpg (32KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494821464120.jpg
32KB, 480x550px
>>158993799
>i thought it was all jump, i guess shueisha has multiple magazines
>>
>>158993868
Most people on /a/ don't know that
>>
>>158993799
to MHA's benefit also it's a new series with less volumes than all the others. So it won't get as much sales since they aren't that many volumes to buy.
>>
>>158993405
i've heard god things about boku no hero but better give it 300 chapters before say if is good, i dont wanna see FT tragedy repeat again.
>>
>>158994552
Isayama /our guy/
>>
>>158995437
It's well over 100 chapters, naruto, bleach and one piece where doing like 5x these numbers during that time.
>>
>>158993799
How is OPM that big despite being available for free online?
>>
>>158993405
Not really. It'll die down with the anime, it's boost isn't even big compared to other manga like Nanatsu no Taizai or Kingdom. Even with an anime, the sells is still near NnT which hasn't had an anime in 2 and a half years and behind manna like Kingdom and Haikyuu as well.
>>
File: 1492820675071.jpg (41KB, 269x517px) Image search: [Google]
1492820675071.jpg
41KB, 269x517px
>>158993799
>>
>>158993734
Please. SnK was big on it's shock value. It's gory, dynamic-action filled scenes value, I might add. Then it tapered down into all the pseudo-political bullshittery
>>
>>158996730
not that anon, but I've seen this argument many times (comparing to: Naruto, Bleach, and OP) and guess what do those series have in common?
Published in late 90s or ealry 00s. It's a vastly different time
>>
>>158996730
>5x
Let's not exaggerate. They sold well but not astronomically more.

Some comparative numbers around the same volume number / time it took to get to 10 million print.

ワンピ (One Piece) 1〜11巻累計1700万部
ナルト (Naruto) 1〜13巻累計1200万部
BLEACH 1〜14巻累計1000万部
ハイキュー、ヒロアカ (Haikyuu, HeroAca) 1〜13巻累計1000万部
暗殺 (AssClass) 1〜10巻累計1010万部
トリコ (Toriko) 1〜17巻累計1000万部

http://www.geocities.jp/wj_log/rank/rank0.html
>>
>>158996756
Because people want to support the series. It's not rocket science
>>
>>158992908
>they aren't bad
ahaahah
>>
>>158993636
Yes they are.

They're in Young Jump.
>>
>>158998090
It's not particularly gory compared to actual gore fest shows, it just actual shows flesh and bone and shit like that, and just like the dynamic action such things take up very little of the actual show.

Even the underlining political stuff, which is a lot hardy to sell people on then typical battle shounen shit, doesn't take up much of the of what's happening on screen.
There's nothing "pseudo-political" about it, the writers literally just mirrored a multitude of interesting political conflicts that have occurred in real life, just with an anime spin.

Point is, the majority of series is dialogue, which is really uncommon for most shounen which must have an action scene quota at all times. Though shounen like snk or fma go episode after episode, chapter after chapter with no action what so ever.
Both shows spend a lot of time building the setting, and a lot of the chapters/episode revolve around the characters interacting, and learning new things about the world, discorving shit, trying to figure out mysteries etc etc.

Sure they both have really popular action sequences and shit like that, but the bulk of their stories aren't completely reliant on it.
>>
>>158992487
Stop using Kingdom to shitpost you fucking retard

>>158997533
>>
>>159000051

Which is a completely different magazine from Haikyuu and BnA.
>>
File: narutomanga02.jpg (244KB, 650x959px) Image search: [Google]
narutomanga02.jpg
244KB, 650x959px
>>158998321
Yeah but if we go by that Naruto and Bleach had their anime 3 years after the manga started while Hero Academia less than a year.

So Naruto and Bleach were pulling better numbers without an anime
>>
>>159000051
Which is exactly the point, they're in different magazines, that's like saying OPM or Terraformers is SJ
>>
>>158998321
So Ass Class did better compare to wanpiss? Nice
>>
>>158992487
>the big three
>>
>>159000396
How about more backlog sale?
>>
>>159000540
who cares

the big 3 term stopped being relevant after the fall in quality of Bleach
>>
>>159000173
Im not that fag, anyway you should be happy to see kingdom threads in the front page.
>>159000540
I said they are the most popular mangas right now, but i know what the term means the three most prominent mangas of the weekly shonen jump.
>>
>>158997089
>It'll die down with the anime
Retards said that last year and it never happened in fact it got another boost with the new season.
> it's boost isn't even big compared to other manga like Nanatsu no Taizai or Kingdom
The boosts in those weren't big, NnT fell after its anime boost ended, the only reason why Kingdom's boost seems big is because it sold like shit shit before it while MHA was selling well before the anime
> Even with an anime, the sells is still near NnT
Its been selling more than NnT for two years now. NnT boost ended already.
>>
>>158992908
one piece is kinda shitty man...
>>
>>158995442
>, i dont wanna see FT tragedy repeat again.
what?

One good thing you can say about FT is that its consistant

It was always like this, friendship etc
>>
>>158993734
>it consist of 80% dialogue, mystery, world building and plot reveals
That's One Piece. SnK has lots of fucking fights and there's very little in terms of mystery and plot reveals.
>while something like bnha can't got more then two chapters without some kind of violence.
These chapters of SnK has been nothing but fucking vioence, in fact there isn't a chapter of SnK in which a character doesn't die or there's some sort of action

>The uprising arc in aot sold more then any other arc they released and it had almost no violence at all.
Cool horseshit bro. Let's see; you had everything involving Kenny, the fact that they made a huge fucking deal about the Survey Corps killing other humans during the escape, the titan battles in the last half etc.
>>
>>159000058
>Point is, the majority of series is dialogue, which is really uncommon for most shounen which must have an action scene quota at all times.
Except this is wrong. Most shounen are nothing but dialogue and very little are just a string of fights that come one after another. SnK isn't special at all in that regard. Seriously read more shounen

>Though shounen like snk or fma go episode after episode, chapter after chapter with no action what so ever.
Past two volumes of SnK has been nothing but action somethings an entire volume dedicated to fighting one enemy

>Both shows spend a lot of time building the setting, and a lot of the chapters/episode revolve around the characters interacting, and learning new things about the world, discovering shit, trying to figure out mysteries etc etc
And this is mostly horseshit
>>
>>159000396
No you're just pulling hairs after being proven wrong. Also HerAca was pulling the same numbers as Bleach before it got an anime much like Haikyuu
>>
File: 1468255410296.jpg (350KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1468255410296.jpg
350KB, 784x1145px
>>158993734
>while something like bnha can't got more then two chapters without some kind of violence.
Wow did you just not read the manga or something?
>>
>>159001553
>Retards said that last year and it never happened in fact it got another boost with the new season

And yet the boost is still considerably small. Nowhere near the NnT and Attack on Titan effect.

>The boosts in those weren't big

Kingdom is currently number 3. It performed well for the past couple years. NnT was number 2. Number one ahead of One Piece for some time too.

>NnT fell after its anime boost ended

Is that why Bandai Namco announced a PS4 game for the series just today? Manga that fall off don't get PS4 games by big companies.

>Its been selling more than NnT for two years now

Barely and that's with an anime boost. MHA should be smoking NnT and it's not. Instead, NnT is getting OVAs and video games.
>>
>>159002485
>And yet the boost is still considerably small
By what accord? A 300k jump is huge. People who say this really don't know what the fuck they're talking about especially when there's shows that don't get boosts at all (Boruto)
>Kingdom is currently number 3. It performed well for the past couple years
No it didn't. It wasn't doing well before its boost (it went from 150k per volume to 700k after it was mentioned in a variety show)
>NnT was number 2. Number one ahead of One Piece for some time too.
That was 2 years ago, look where it is now.
>Is that why Bandai Namco announced a PS4 game for the series just today?
> Manga that fall off don't get PS4 games by big companies.
Rise of the Nura Clan got a fucking PS3 game from ArcSys years back
>Barely
Close to half million sales difference ain't barely
>and that's with an anime boost
Wrong again dumbass. The sales are from November until May, the second boost didn't explode until June after episode 10.
>MHA should be smoking NnT and it's not
Will the numbers are showing otherwise. Really all you're saying is that this series should be selling more based on nothing while ignoring the difference in print numbers and formats both series come in.

> Instead, NnT is getting OVAs and video games.
...Its only getting one new game after nearly 3 years meanwhile HeroAca already released another OVA, a mobage and more merch down the road.
>>
>>159001747
Ey! People thought what FT was good until the magic games ruined it. Anyway i admit what the way they defeated Zero and Erza arc was shonen cliche.
>>
File: 1492376276771.jpg (287KB, 754x912px) Image search: [Google]
1492376276771.jpg
287KB, 754x912px
>>159000013
Still better than your average moeshit anime.
>>
>>158993799
>i guess shueisha has multiple magazines
This is the state of modern /a/.
>>
>>159005156
you think your manime ways can lose out to the moe, the moe always wins. If you chose to keep watching your manime the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to belive. Or you can go ahead and watch one CGDCT and you will see how deep the rabbit hole goes, you will finally understand the taste of grown-ups.
>>
>>159001752
Nope, you might want to actually read or watch snk before you talk about it, fights are very rare, it's all talk, mysteries and world building.
Basically everything you just posted is false lul

>>159001990
I guess i should specify, with battle shounen, some shounen don't even have action as a genre, but those that do play out as generically as bnha

>Past two volumes of SnK has been nothing but action somethings an entire volume dedicated to fighting one enemy
You clearly haven't read snk in a long time.
>>
>>159005926
fuck off i wont become a helpless r9ktier weabo like you
>>
>>159007892
seems you've already accepted your fate. This is goodbye newfriend.
>>
>>159008153
I like animu and mango but i dont think in watch all the anime released, ataying in ur room alone dont make you grow as person; is a matter of time and you soon be with the alt right
>>
How did a vore manga become so popular?
>>
>>159007835
>fights are very rare, it's all talk, mysteries and world building.
I'm not sure who is this newfaggot trying to fool. The Snk hype train ended years ago. You can stop pretending that its different from standard shounen now

>with battle shounen
And you're still wrong bitch because HxH would have nothing but texts and texts for an entire fucking chapters. Like seriously dont talk about shit when you clearly don't know what you're talking about

>You clearly haven't read snk in a long time.
There's a huge fucking battle starting at the end of volume 21 that lasts until 23. I guess you haven't been keeping up
>>
>>159007835
>fights are very rare, it's all talk, mysteries and world building.
I'm a snkfag and I can tell you're full of shit or stick stuck in 2013
>>
>>158993734
It's battle and it's shonen, don't retarded.
>>
>>159000051
Are you on the spectrum?
>>
is kingdom actually worth a shot is it like some fairy tale/bleach tier garbage
>>
>>159009177
It's really not, especially when it comes to how it executes battles. There next to none one on one fights, no tournament arcs or anything like that, any and all fighting is a group or team effort and two opposing forces will never be locked in a one on one situation, unlike a lot of battle shounen which go out of their weigh to make sure each character somehow gets sectioned off or locked into a one on one fight.
The execution is unlike everything we've just mentioned. In fact, jean vs eren in like chapter 2 was the only "random" fight.

>>159009093
Has nothing to do with hype. Fights are very rare in AOT, more so then anything you've mentioned.

Keep in mind, hxh is/was 16 pages a chapter, surely they can last 16 pages with just dialogue.
And 99% of the time, those 16 pages of pure dialogue are taking place during a fight.
Yet they can't go 40 consistent pages with no action like aot does.

>>159009132
No i'm not, i'm reading the current chapters, the introduction of the outside world has lead to a whole other spectrum of world building in the manga, answering and presenting new questions and what not.
You're just saying things but you can't actually back them up. In 2013 aot was at it's most consistently action pack with the rise and climax of clash of the titans, while the hype was at it's peak.

I'm referring to the slower dialogue, world building and character driven chapters that followed and are currently unfolding.
>>
>>159010684
>trying to justify fucking wall titan this hard
This is why I hardly browse this place anymore.
>>
>>159009506
no It's very good manly spirit/strategy stuff but it's best read in bulk.
>>
>>158993734
>The uprising arc in aot sold more then any other arc
They're about to cut it out from the anime to jump from the revelation of the Coordinate to fight against Marley, it wasn't popular.
>>
>>159010909
I'm not justifying "wall titan", it needs to extra justification
>>159011181
Those where the best selling volumes in the entire series.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.