[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is France so full of weeaboos? Last year, about 13.6 million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 15

File: french.jpg (64KB, 520x400px) Image search: [Google]
french.jpg
64KB, 520x400px
Why is France so full of weeaboos? Last year, about 13.6 million manga volumes were sold in France. In comparison, in America around 2.6 million volumes were sold. France sold 5 times the volumes than America with a fifth of America's population. Now, I know France and Japan have been allies for a long time, (except in WWII), but how has this led to manga and anime becoming so popular in France?
>>
>>158917643
>first it's France
>then Mexico
>Germany
>Filipino
>Brazil
>Finland

Why do the lot of you fight the claim all the time wanting to be Japan's greatest ally like holy fuck sit down
>>
>>158918969
I'm not French. If I was french I wouldn't be wondering why they were full of weebs
>>
>>158917643
French culture

Animation is not stigmatized as for kids only, and the comic book culture is respected and loved. This culture means that Japanese animation and comics are more acceptable.

Don't have the social stigma, and all of a sudden it sells more.
>>
>>158917643
It's a lot safer to stay at home as a weeb than get beheaded or bombed or ran over by a truck no?
>>
>>158917643
Culture. Comics and mangos are not only for kids there.
Also, we like to own books and stuff, we like to read.
>>
Full of niggers.
>>
>>158917643
we traditionally consider comics/bande dessinée as a respectable artform and we produced some world class artists like moebius who had a huge influence on the japanese scene

plus a lot of people now in their 30's grew up watching anime, it was cheap in the 80's/90's and tv shows for kids bought them en masse
>>
>>158917643
It's not selling in burger land cause capeshit companies are blocking it, can't have your competitor beat you down.
>>
>>158917643

Comic codes fucked us up good, senpai. We're pretty much just starting to produce good comics.
>>
File: 1498330058898.jpg (385KB, 1052x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1498330058898.jpg
385KB, 1052x1236px
>>158922681
>>
>>158917643
Arabs are the biggest weeaboos
France is full of arabs
Now do the maths
>>
>>158925857
I don't even live in Clapistan you frog.
>>
>>158925857
It's like back in the 80s where people would stay in their gun-crime riddled areas instead of visiting europe because of made-up lybian terrorists.
At least this century's terrorism is actually real
>>
>>158918969
Mexico and Japan are politically bros 4 life for a multitude of reasons
>>
Yune ;_;
>>
But probably most people read manga or watch anime online for free in comparison with people who buy manga or anime, so, as USA have a lot more of population probaly there are more manga fans there.

The fandom online is mostly people from USA too
>>
France has always been Japanophiles stretching way back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japonism
>>
>>158927893
>be richest nation on earth
>too much of a cheapskate to actually buy your manga
Disgusting
>>
File: bb1cd.png (863KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bb1cd.png
863KB, 1280x720px
>>158917643
>America around 2.6 million
I'm disappointed burgers, you're rich, you're numerous, you have all kinds of imports, you could have all you want.
>>
1. French people can read
2. French people have disposable income to spend on manga because they aren't paying 20 easy payments of $29 999 for gastric bypass number 3
>>
File: chart.jpg (36KB, 691x398px) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
36KB, 691x398px
>>158925932
Terrorism was very real even in the 1970-1990s, except back then it was committed mainly by domestic communists and right-wing nationalists.
>In the past 45 years, there have been more than 16,000 terror attacks in Western Europe, an average of more than 350 per year, according to the Global Terrorism Database, maintained by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism. The peak was reached in 1979, when 1,019 attacks were perpetrated in Europe.
>>
>>158928759
Fucking communists.
>>
Amerigringos, ameriniggers and amerispics prefer to watch anime and read mangoes online.
There's probably also a small growing population of americhinks.
>>
>>158928792
At least the commie terrorism died off after the USSR collapsed. The separatist wankers are still here.
>>
>>158928792
1979 would more have been the ETA and IRA, no?
>>
>>158928848
Yeah. And in 1980 for example, the biggest attack was in Italy (85 dead, 200+ injured). It was committed by militant neonazis.
>>
le honhonhon animateur goes to nipponland to become le honhonhon nipponimateur so that he doesn't have to work on le spongebob. But since living and working as a nipponimateur is le fucked up shit and le animateur are dirt poor, le frogs are now begging le burger to spend le dollar on ze worthless shit or goading them to please support le anime industry, because then his le studio he works might get a job to work on ze new anime.
Please, le burgers, please. Le help!
>>
File: 541551-segoleneroyal1.jpg (39KB, 930x655px) Image search: [Google]
541551-segoleneroyal1.jpg
39KB, 930x655px
>>158917643
It was mostly by chance.
In the mate 70s, somebody had to fill a hole in the programme grid for chilren during the holidays.
Pruchased Grendizer to the japanese.
It was a huge hit, then they kept buying cheap anime and some tokusatsu as well.
There was another huge boom in the late 80s with stuff like Hokuto no Ken, Maison Ikkoku, St Seiya and especially DBZ.
But do not think it was accepted back then. When I was in middle school and high school in the early 90s, I would rather have died than letting people know I was watching those stupid cartoons for children.
For more than 20 years, anime were loved by children, but hated by adults. There were several newspapers and concerned parents complaining about the yellow invasion, the low quality, the violence, the nudity, the moral decrepitude.
Some politicians like pic related took a stance againts violent stuff like DBZ while praising good quality french cartoons like Demetan (yes, really)
So, while the first anime came in the late 70s, we had to white until the mid 90s to see the first mangas translated in french.
>>
>>158917643
Because we haven't that "comics are for kids" way of thinking unlike in the USA.
>>
>>158929080
>in the mate 70s
>we had to white
please kill me now before it gets worse
>>
France in general is bat shit crazy for comics and animation.
>>
>>158918969
>Mexico
>BRs
>fake Mexicans
They basically exist only to worship powerlevel shit in shonen.
>>
>>158929080
>muh quality
>muh nudity
Sounds like the French were just assblasted they had competition when they were guilty of the same shit.
>>
We had something called Le club Dorothée that made anime and by extension manga popular with all the 80s kids, and now those kids are adults, and for some still watching anime or reading manga.
>>
>>158929167
It's true to some extent.
But keep in mind that while french comics are not as puritan as murika's, french cartoons are.
Cartoon versions of stuff like Titeuf or Little Spirou are even more SFW than murikan cartoons.
>>
>>158929215
>Titeuf
Holy shit it's been so long since I last heard of that.
>>
>>158929080
>Demetan
>politician claims that it's a good quality french cartoon
>about a frog
>it's an anime about a frog
How deliciously ironic.
>>
>>158929080
>When I was in middle school and high school in the early 90s, I would rather have died than letting people know I was watching those stupid cartoons for children.
really? in my middle school everyone liked dbz, even the "ghetto" kids
>>
>>158929417
Well it depends who're your friends, when I was in middle school in the beginning of 2000s, I used to watch Captain Tsubasa, DBZ, Hamtaro, the mysterious cities of gold, etc every single day of my life and I told no one about that, because of the shame.

Meanwhile you could talk about Tintin, Titeuf, Spirou, Looney Tunes and shit like that without much problem, even with adults.
>>
Aside from comic books being a big cultural thing in France, many manga are also translated into French which is a big help for them since many frogs can't into English (though I'd say translating all foreign works into French is a contributing factor to that)
>>
>>158929574
I always thought that the USA had a lot more officially translated manga than us, but actually I never bothered checking.
>>
>>158918969
>Germany

Didn't know that the stuff is still somehow popular in Germany after the manga bubble in the early 00s.

For a long time the industry got carried by the fujoshi scene there.
>>
>>158929574
>frogs can't into English
More like the fuckers HATE to learn other languages

Frogs think french is god's language and they refuse to learn anything else, spaniards are like that too but they refuse to speak english more than they hate other languages.
>>
>>158929703
It's changing a bit with the newer generations but yeah it's been like that for a long long time, I can remember my parents never caring how bad I was doing in English classes because "who gives a shit anyway".
>>
Look at their comic culture in general

Meanwhile in North America good luck trying to find many people interested in comics who aren't just following whatever super hero related schlock Marvel, DC or one of the smaller companies is pumping out
>>
>>158929926
Don't manga outsell comics though?
>>
>>158930054
Not in the US but then again comic numbers are also pathetic.

burger can't read
>>
>>158917643
A comic book culture that translated to roughly 50 years of exposure to anime.
The French were pioneers in dubbing and importing.
>>
>>158930131
Why should they, when they can play video games and watch cartoons and anime and movies?
Although they do probably read comics and manga a lot too, it's just that they pirate it with all those pirate sites providing the content for free.
>>
>>158929132
Mexico cannot get over Dragonball Z. For them, Goku and Vegeta are the shit and no one can ever ever beat them, no matter what kind of argument you have. The hard on for them is too strong and it's annoying af.
>>
>>158929703
>Frogs think french is god's language
*know
>>
File: adf.jpg (2MB, 1200x1761px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
2MB, 1200x1761px
>>158930143
TFW middle east kids were watching the same japanese stuff as french kids
>>
>>158930298
lol
>>
>>158929753
Beauty of natively speaking the lingua franca.
>>
>>158928759
This

I'll add to that, in My country Spain the worst time for terrorism was when ETA, Basque nationalists, where in full activity during the 80s.
Bombings, murder, kidnapping... It was extremely more dangerous back then (although only for spanish, they would never dare to touch foreigns)
>>
Reminder that France was crucial in building the Japanese animation industry with their cooperations.
>>
>>158917643
What's the source of those numbers?
>>
>>158931263
Turns out France isn't a completely worthless troublemaker after all.
>>
>>158931334
>t. angry kraut
>>
>>158917643
Because we have great editors licencing great manga, and people with taste. Also, LE GRAND GOLDORAK.
Thanks a2 récré and club do.
>>
Who /midi les zouzous/?
>>
>>158929649
Fujos are probably still the largest consumers here. At least they are the only ones who pay for their shit.
>>
>>158917643
Two words :
Club dorothée
>>
>>158931940
Shit was fucking rad. I remember watching it every lunch hour before going to school.
>>
>>158931940
Good old times, the 80s kids had club Dorothée, 90s kids had Midi les zouzous, what does the 2000s kids watch?
>>
>>158928153
we're all up to our necks in medical and student debt, you think we got the money to buy anime and manga?
>>
>>158932212
People not buying shit is the biggest problem.
>>
>>158932375
Why should people buy crap they don't need? We're not talking about superuseful household items that makes life easier and more convenient.
>>
>>158925386
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>158917643
Well, thanks to Club Dorothée, and we French are the second people after Nips for reading manga
>>
>>158932623
What is that club you speak of.
>>
>Fil français à peine masqué
A chaque fois.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0lO1x1UCc
>>
They have a big native animation and comic culture that isn't 99% capeshit, so I guess manga also sells better too.
I do remember being in France on holiday (Britfag) and seeing even relatively obscure stuff like Usotsuki Lily on sale there which has no English release.
>>
>>158929625
There's a number of series I read English scanlations for that have official French releases but none in English
>>
>>158928848
Nah, half the european terrorism between 69-85 was in Italy
>>
>>158932661
An extremely popular and influencial TV show for children from the 80's and 90's that pumped an entire generation full of chinese cartoons.
>>
>France supposedly full of weaboos
>yet I can't find a sperg weeb gf
>>
>>158932923
French women are ugly anyway.
>>
Manga and anime are so popular in France that you even have ghetto rappers making reference about it in their song (though it is mostly only about mainstream stuff like Dragon Ball/Naruto/One Piece)
>>
>>158929215
How the fuck do you make Lil' Spirou SFW? It's basically puberty jokes: the comic
>>
File: 1000x1000.jpg (155KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000x1000.jpg
155KB, 1000x1000px
>>158933408
France appear to have a bigger boner for Fist of the North Star, Golgo 13 and oddly enough Rokudenashi Blues than stuff like OP/Naruto/Bleach. Or maybe that's only the older generation.

They seem to quite like Space Opera stuff like Cobra and Leijiverse stuff.
>>
>>158932212
So Bernie is the answer
>>
>>158929625
You have official translations of popular Japanese manga that have never even been fully scanlated let alone translated into English officially (you are the only country besides China that ever translated Rokudenashi Blues for example), and for modern stuff you have an opportunity to be much more up-to-date because things get picked up more quickly, it's ridiculous how long it takes for a first volume of a current series to be published in English, it's like their begging people to scanlate and never notice they eventually made an official translation

I don't know about obscure stuff but I feel like for the major stuff at least, it would be better to speak French than English
>>
>>158933858
if only we got him, but instead we literally voted between a douche and a turd sandwich.
>>
>>158932464
I meant the problem is that people buy NOTHING (as in don't buy shit as opposed to not buying shit products or not buying everything they watch)

The industry does run on money. So at least support the stuff you like.
>>
Is it new year ?
>>
File: syr.png (180KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
syr.png
180KB, 381x400px
>>158922570
>Animation is not stigmatized as for kids
>France

Yea right,, that's why René Laloux had to go to North Korea and Czechoslovakia in order to make his movies.
And why Lastman needed a kickstarter and successful comic series.

There's not really place to animation that is not for kids in France, there's some feature lenght animation that is aimed at a wider audience but you don't find any French animated series that is not targeted for kids.

Also there's a huge stigmas for "Mangas" in France. Since the late 70s/Early 80s. I think Segolène Royale wanted to ban Japanese cartoons.
Mangas & anime are more spread now, but there's still a lot of hate, especially from comic amateurs who only likes Jiro Taniguchi
>>
>>158934187
Soon anon, soon we'll be able to talk french again.
>>
>>158934084
As someone who can frustratingly only speak English but enjoys manga, that is a rather difficult notion as it means changing what I like because most stuff I can't even support without just buying stuff in a language I can't speak...and it pisses me off, I would pay for the products, so I don't understand why English publishers can't at least try

(I am trying to learn Japanese to get around the problem but it's an extremely slow process)
>>
>>158918969
Source?
>>
>>158929703
Not really, my half-French cousin is learning Tagalog and already knows English and German. Though I guess English at least is a necessity since he's half-Filipino.
>>
>>158934197
Really?
I'm Italian, but I keep hearing how France is the best Western country for anime and manga
And here people pretty much love it, after anime became popular with the old generation it was a dome deal, you have a full generation of 50 year olds and under that grew up watching anime and keep doing so
>>
>>158934225
Then buy the stuff that's available and complain about unavailability of your favorites AND if the product delivered is subpar.
>>
>>158933278
What makes you say that
>>
>>158934286
I wish Italian Animation were not as lazy as they are.
>>
>>158934412
They're not 2D.
>>
>>158934286
>you have a full generation of 50 year olds and under that grew up watching anime and keep doing so
It doesn't work like that, I'm 29 myself and I barely know anyone at my age that know anything beside Dragon Ball Z and Naruto. Manga and especially anime are still very stigmatized and seen for kids, it's the same as any other country, you have that one popular type of retard that loves naruto and does cosplay, speaks half-japanese all the time and people thinks every other mangafag is like that.
>>
>>158929417
All the arabs in France loves DBZ

They all think they're Vegeta
>>
>>158934286
To be fair, France buys more manga/anime but they mostly have shit tastes.
I've seen Italy got all the good stuff
>>
>>158933734
>France appear to have a bigger boner for Fist of the North Star, Golgo 13 and oddly enough Rokudenashi Blues than stuff like OP/Naruto/Bleach. Or maybe that's only the older generation.
>They seem to quite like Space Opera stuff like Cobra and Leijiverse stuff.
Nah, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are very popular in France too.
Hokuto no Ken, Cobra and Harlock are also legendary because we got the cartoons on TV.
But Rokudenashi and Golgo 13 don't have such a big fanbase.
>>
>>158933734
Racaille Blues is super underground dude

and it's out of print
>>
>>158934502
This opens the question:

Why does muslims loves DBZ so much ?
>>
>>158934031
Free free free free free free free free free free free free free! Everything's free!
>>
>>158934695
I don't know any muslims so I can't say, DBZ is popular with pretty much everyone, not especially muslims or black people.
>>
>>158934815
>Implying Vegeta isn't Algerian
>>
>>158934815
Yep. The reason it's managed to be so popular worldwide no matter how cancerously low-budget garbage the local dub is really speaks to how appealing the main concept is.
>>
>>158917643
murica is filled with too many niggas that don't or just can't read
>>
>>158934929
Hey at least I didn't hear many people in France complaining about Goku japanese voice compared to the cancerous dub fanbase in the USA.
>>
>>158934994
It's because the dub kept all the random screams in Japanese.

The French dub is really bad, though. Awful rewrites and mistranslations fucking everywhere and so many cuts the plot doesn't even make sense in the more violent episodes.
>>
>>158935040
I still can remember Goku and Gohan swapping voice during some episodes, they really didn't give a shit back then.
>>
>>158935040
CACHALOT
>>
File: vCslBRmiLy8O6EHWsnscsXnplPs.jpg (82KB, 960x380px) Image search: [Google]
vCslBRmiLy8O6EHWsnscsXnplPs.jpg
82KB, 960x380px
>>158917643
Remember Manga Video and their intro that could have been subbed "what Segolene Royale thinks anime are"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qfOrYakRM
It was in the late 90s, when we got our first manga and OAV in french. People were so fucking tired of the heavily censored DBZ or Ranma anime.
So editors had characters say "shit" or "fuck" in the early translations of the Dragon Ball manga and video editors were flloding us with OAV with sexe and violence.
That being said, those were actually based anime: Cyber City, Urotsukidouji, Dominion, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City
And I'm definitely not complaining about the full fan service stuff like Lemnear or Plastic LIttle
>>
>>158935224
Just thinking about it makes me laugh, damn it.
>>
It's been a while since I watched anything in vostfr or french dubbed, is the censoring still as heavy as it used to be? Only Canal + was making actually good dubs back in the days.
>>
>>158935183
Yes, but the frecnh dub had a couple of good things
At least adult Goku was dubbed by a man.
And Eric Legrand was awesome as Vegeta's voice (and Yamcha's)
>>
>>158935401
>At least adult Goku was dubbed by a man.
>>
>>158935401
I don't know if it's because I've listened to DBZ japanese dub very early in my life but I literally cannot stand Goku voice if it's not Nozawa.
>>
>>158929080
>segolène thought some anime starring a frog was a french cartoon
Well at least now I feel less stupid for thinking the rose of versailles and the little lord fauntleroy were french cartoons as a child.
>>
>>158928070
Nigga if i bought every manga i read, i would go broke shiieet
>>
>>158929080
>There were several newspapers and concerned parents complaining about the yellow invasion, the low quality, the violence, the nudity, the moral decrepitude.

Yes, fun fact but most french people know that : the dub actor thought that Hokuto no ken contained Nazi sign and was too violent for kids so they butchered their own dub work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4

>>158929703
It's not that we hate english. Most young people learn English. There's 2 problem with english and french though.
First, English is actually difficult to learn. It's especially hard to speak in english for french people. English language contains way more phoneme than french, which make it harder for us to speak it. Accentuation is really important in spoken english and not really in french. Like difference between Beach & Bitch is something that does not exist at all in french, we would prononciate both word the same way.
Second point is more of a social problem. This works with Japan too by the way. The big majority of french people will probably never use English in their lifetime outside of the occasional trip in an english speaking country. On top of that, France (like Japan) is big enough to get their own version of stuff. Like if you take Sweden, it's pretty common to get games or movie only in english there, so they actually have a necessity to learn english. So they're basically no reason to use English for most french people. And when you don't practice a foreign language for years, you forget it.
>>
>>158935797
You could also add that they're teaching English is the worst way possible that demotivates most kids, I'm pretty sure that almost every single one french user of 4chan learnt english here rather than at school.
>>
>>158935797
Yep. I took German for 6 years and wouldn't be able to hold a real conversation in German for the life of me. I could probably bumble my way through making a person that only understood German understanding roughly what I was trying to say, but I'd sound like a half retarded caveman in the process.

It's very hard to actually know a language you're never really exposed to to any great extent.
>>
Frogistanis have terrible taste, OP is garbage
>>
>>158929703
These >>158935950 >>158935797
Don't be too hard on french people. The educational system for languages is shit and most of them actually don't need to learn it. The only reason my english is okay is because as a child I was way too much into Harry Potter and I couldn't bear to wait 6 months for the orde of the phoenix to be translated into french.
>>
>>158935797
>Second point is more of a social problem. This works with Japan too by the way. The big majority of french people will probably never use English in their lifetime outside of the occasional trip in an english speaking country. On top of that, France (like Japan) is big enough to get their own version of stuff. Like if you take Sweden, it's pretty common to get games or movie only in english there, so they actually have a necessity to learn english. So they're basically no reason to use English for most french people. And when you don't practice a foreign language for years, you forget it.
This. I think that's really the main problem. I've rarely ever seen people saying something like French is the superior language, it's more like that they don't care at all about English, because there is no need to. So we're more like "why would you learn English when you know French?" between us.
But that's the occasion to ask, English speaking countries, how much of the population learn another language to the point of being able to speak it with other natives, even just by writing, like here? (Or is our language education system the only one so shit you can't speak after more than 5 years of classes?)
>>
>>158936483
English-speakers, and especially Americans, are some of the most "refuse to learn any other language" snobs on Earth. And these are people that actively interact with foreigners too, not just people that stay in their own local social circles all life and never have to really acknowledge that there's a world where people talk other languages.
>>
>>158936676
Yeah, that's the exact same reason. "Why would you learn another language, when everyone where you live AND most foreigner you'll ever talk to will know English?"
The lack of necessity makes it less important to learn another language.
In any case, to go back to the main subject, I would say that part of the reason animes and mangas are more popular in Europe than in America is that America had the super hero comic trend really strong, so Japanese creations had a strong competition, which is not so much the case in Europe.
>>
>>158936483
>Or is our language education system the only one so shit you can't speak after more than 5 years of classes
Same here. Can barely speak French anymore after a total of 8 years of French lessons.
The main problem for me was that most of the time in French class....you don't even speak French. If there's 30 people in a class, how many minutes can be dedicated to one student per lesson? Like 3? Wow! I speak 3 minutes of French per week! Awesome! No wonder it takes 8 years to learn the language.
At university i took an Indonesian course, and there were only 3 students other than me in the class. I probably learnt more in 1 semester than I learnt French in my entire high school time.
>>
>>158938271
> America had the super hero comic trend really strong, so Japanese creations had a strong competition, which is not so much the case in Europe
I think you're underestimating how strong the Bande dessinée faggotry is in europe. Bande dessinée, manga, and comics are considered the holy trinity of narrative traditions in printed sequential art.
>>
>>158917643
>get comfy for new annymay
>get snacks ready
>VOSTFR
>FUCK
>redownload
>cold tendies

Gas France
>>
>>158922570
This. Manga is just another bande dessinée. I can go to fnac just fine.
>>
>>158929215
Time to import some Titouf. And petit spirou.
>>
>>158935797
Ha ha ha
I laugh about those dubs now, but back then, shit like Happosai stealling handkerchiefs instead of female underwear, ro Gohan yelling "magical beam!" was making me mad.
At least, Hokuto no Ken dub was somewhat a fun exercise of improvisation
>>
>>158938588
Exactly. It doesn't help that learning a language is not like learning other disciplines. Especially in school, it's mainly learning words by heart, like a dictionnary. Add to that that you have, what, 1, 2 hours a week? Add to that the number of students in the class (what you just mentionned), and finally the fact that other subjects are asking a lot of work from you, so you just rather spend time working on them and do the bare minimum on your language lessons.

>>158938976
>I think you're underestimating how strong the Bande dessinée faggotry is in europe.
Maybe. Well, my point was more on the number. How many super hero comic in America were there for each bande dessiné in Europe? Also it was popular, but when you could play with friends at the schoolyard imagining being a superhero and kept imagining adventures, with bande dessiné, it was more conversations like "hey, remember that moment? Haha, yeah that was funny!" and didn't go much more than that Although that might be because I really was more of a Gaston Lagaffe fag when it came to BD
>>
>>158917643
Isn't it mostly just One Piece that's so popular?

Anyway, I imagine Europe is more open to japanese comic books since comic books are primarily a foreign-language medium anyway for them. Comparatively, in America it has to compete with lots of native English-language comics and thus never caught on quite as much
>>
File: anges8.jpg (96KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
anges8.jpg
96KB, 728x410px
>>158932117
>>
>>158940312
Oh for fuck sake.
>>
>>158940021
If anything Naruto has always been more popular than One Piece here, pretty sure it's the case everywhere but in Japan.
>>
>>158940364
Désolé mais je trouve rien d'autre que les gosses regardent aujourd'hui. Beyblade maybe ?
>>
>>158940561
You're not wrong though. Most kid actually watch this kind of shit.
>>
>>158940561
En vrai j'en ai aucune idée non plus, Maybe Wakfu is popular? I don't even know what kind of cartoons France 3 or TF1 are showing nowadays.
>>
>>158940021
But thats wrong, Europe has its own comics, Spain or France are my favourite instances of this.
>>
>>158940713
Nowadays western animation is more popular, shows like Gumball and Teen Titans Go which were bought by Gulli.
Youngsters still enjoy watching One Piece, Naruto, etc but they prefer their American shows I guess.
Source : Mon petit frère :^)
>>
>>158940507
One Piece constantly tops France's charts and is in fact a huge part of comic sales (so, not just mangas) by itself.
>>
>>158934197
>Also there's a huge stigmas for "Mangas" in France.
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>158917643
>Why is France so full of weeaboos?
>weeaboos

There's no such thing.
>>
>>158941567
Right now it does because Naruto has ended, but some years ago it wasn't the case.
>>
>>158941638
Not really, though. Naruto has been on a downward slope since at least the 2010-2011 period, while OP has been gaining momentum since then.
>>
>>158941548
>teen titans
That doesn't sound too bad. Never heard of that other one though.
>it's a western doraemon
Absolument_haram.jpg
>>
>>158941586
Dude, my own family despises mangas and would rather defenestrate themselves than read one.
>>
>>158917643
They were weebs from early 1900 japonism anyone?
>>
>>158942536
Sound like you have a pleb family.
>>
>>158934197
I dunno anon, as far as cartoons being "for kids" I'm reminded of Wakfu.
>>
Americans get brainwashed from a young age into thinking that everything American-made is superior to the rest of the world. So of course they only read superhero comics ("muh dead parent" comics), play Xbox, use iPhones, and watch Marvel movies.
French people are a lot more intelligent though, and recognize that the truly superior culture and technology comes from the Land of the Rising Sun - Japan.
Yeah, the French have their own comics too. So what? They can enjoy both bandes dessinèes AND manga. As long as it's not muh dead parents comics, it's all good.
>>
File: bernie-spurdo.png (518KB, 1349x1079px) Image search: [Google]
bernie-spurdo.png
518KB, 1349x1079px
>>158933858
>>158934031
You need some economy classes.
>>
>>158944197
kind of like trump promised to build a wall that totally some other people are gonna pay for
>>
>>158932212
>he didn't go into STEM
>>
>>158944141
Nah, the french believe that their boring films and bande dessinées are superior artistic stuff while nips and murikan do commercial shit
We think every that single one of our farts is kino while the rest fo the world is pleb
>>
>>158944197
It's not a complicated concept.
Just imagine something that is already free: (public) schools.
Children obviously aren't paying for it. How would they? They don't have a job. But children eventually turn into adults, and well educated adults have good jobs and can pay taxes. And those taxes in turn finance public schools.
Do you see the circle? The people are paying for it themselves, but sometimes they are on the paying side, sometimes on the receiving side.
Now if you took away public schools, people wouldn't be educated and couldn't get jobs, and couldn't pay taxes.
This is why there's unemployment money in European countries: because it doesn't help anybody to have a bunch of useless homeless people on the streets. Instead we give them an apartment and money, and force them to look for a job. (but they can still voluntarily become homeless people if they really want to for some reason)
>>
>>158944439
I couldn't even afford to finish college (I sure as hell wasn't going to get a student loan), I was going for STEM (EE), oddly enough some of the HS classmates of mine that did finish college thanks to mommy and daddy's money are struggling to find a job, even with a STEM degree. The US midwest is shit for anyone with 3 digit IQ's, if you don't want a service job, call center job, or be a trucker, you're fucked.
>>
>>158917643
French TV guy brought anime in the 70s because it was cheap. These kids are now in control and reproducing
>>
>>158944197
Who's paying for that wall again? It sure as hell isn't Mexico
>>
>>158945189
Though I like the idea of universal healthcare, I actually don't care for free university education. I would have a problem with people going to university for free only to get a degree that is completely useless, and that will not allow them to actually contribute back the tax dollars that were spent on them on the first place. I don't know how the statistics are in Europe, but I can assure you there are too many idiots here getting useless college degree on loans who complain they can't get a job when they never considered how they would obtain a job with their useless degree.

I also see free university contributing to the devaluing in a university education. Decades ago, a degree was a sure fire way to get you a job, but now since everyone has one, even internships are competitive. So for all the adults that spent 4 to 5 years getting a degree that will never help them get a higher paying job, during that 4 to 5 years, they aren't contributing as much tax revenue due to taking time away for their studies.

Then again, all of these problems still happened in the US. And if University was free, certain individuals who couldn't afford it - but would greatly benefit society - could attend.

>>158945317
You should honestly take the student loan dept, you're not getting an english degree. Engineering is certainty worth it, unless you already have a career that equals the pay of engineering. I just got my ME degree in Oklahoma thanks in part to mommy and daddy helping me, but I would have taken up to 45k in dept to earn this degree if I didn't have their help. Also, it's not impossible to move to another state with a good engineering college and good job prospects.
>>
>>158942666
Yes I do, satan.
>>
>>158926532
why?
>>
>>158917643
America imports less manga than any other country because they don't want it taking away their already niche capeshit audience.
If you ever wonder why comic book stores have a lack of manga, That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 1494523036074.png (43KB, 208x273px) Image search: [Google]
1494523036074.png
43KB, 208x273px
>>158929080
>Demetan
That was animated by gooks too, though
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.