[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gintama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: A6236-884031587.1484110754.jpg (96KB, 470x663px) Image search: [Google]
A6236-884031587.1484110754.jpg
96KB, 470x663px
Why do people love this shit?

They don't even understand 90% of the references and jokes.
>>
>>158895023
It's still pretty funny.
>>
the protagonist looks pretty cool and aloof just like me
>>
Sacchan, that's my reason
>>
>>158895023
Uh, people like things all the time without getting the references? 90% of references to things from all media fly by everyone and they can still enjoy it. There's other elements that help like tone or absurdity.

Like if you don't get the pun when Kagura is spilling rice all over the grocery store, it doesn't matter, it's still hilarious that she's doing it.
>>
>>158896194
This, gintama is the funniest manga I've ever read, I don't understand how do you only understand 10% of the references OP
>>
>>158895023
Well RumbleSubs did a great job at explaining the obscure references and jokes, it just took 40 minutes to watch an episode because you had to keep pausing and reading all the notes. Anyway, most of those references and jokes are recurring so you know for next time. In any case, Gintama is a very funny manga.
>>
>>158895023
weebfaggots
>>
>>158895023
References are the laziest form of Comedy, and all other jokes used in Gintama are trashy penis and toilet jokes.
Literally the Family Guy of Anime.
>>
>>158895023
>They don't even understand 90% of the references and jokes.
Neither do the Japs, and the makers are well aware of that.

However, if you've consumed a reasonable amount for anime or manga, majority of Gintama's references are easy to get. And they don't limit their parodies to just that stuff either.

On top of that, the cast is pretty great and grows on you. Some of the re-occuring jokes and nuances are pretty funny or cute, and I for one also do dig the occasional "serious" arcs too.
>>
I like the Dragon Quest III references.
>>
>>158895023
>Not being a scholar
>Watching Gintama without at least one Ph.D
Anon...
>>
>>158895023
who even knows
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.