[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

/a/, I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh, let alone know how to play it. How do I get started with this series? What order should I watch it in? Dub or sub?
>>
Start from the beginning. It only gets worse from there, so enjoy it while it's good.
>>
>>158843061
>Dub or sub?

If you even have to ask you shouldn't be here.
Also >>>/r/
Fuck off.
>>
>>158843061
The sub has a ton of really good sounding OPs,
where as the dub has the same OP throughout
>>
>>158843061
I think only manga is good.
>>
>>158843061
>I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh
What the hell?

>Dub or sub?
Get out.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (127KB, 400x589px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
127KB, 400x589px
What a shitty way to start a YGO thread. Let's do it the old fashioned way.

I SET THIS CARD IN THE MONSTER ZONE AND END MY TURN!
>>
>>158843061
Ask the Vrains thread
>>
>>158844167
What order should I watch it in, though?
>>158844228
>>158844429
I'm new to /a/. I only browse /lit/, but wanted to get into Yu-Gi-Oh! to bond with my younger brother since he doesn't have much time to live. I just want him to be happy. Really not in the mood for mean-spirited comments.
>>158844426
Really? Why is that?
>>
>>158844658
>>>/wsr/
>>
Don't bother with the anime, it's shit.
>>
>>158844658
>Really not in the mood for mean-spirited comments.
Then you've come to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.
>>
>>158844658
>Start from the beginning
>What order should I watch it in
Are you sure you even browse /lit/? You don't seem to even have a basic grasp of english.

>>158844790
anime is worth watching just for the Kisara bits which were original.
>>
File: funslaying king.png (308KB, 300x441px)
funslaying king.png
308KB, 300x441px
>>158844538
end phase eff target set monster
>>
>>158844829
I'm mostly referring to the movies and different seasons that follow the first one.
>>
>>158844872
Ah yes, the order of the seasons.
1, then 5, then 4, then 2 then 1 again and then 3.
>>
>>158844912
No, no! It should be 1, then 3, then 4.5, then 2, then 0, then 4 and then 5
>>
>>158844912
So, what does Zexal and Arc-V even mean?
>>
>>158844872
Are you fucking dense? The start. Start from the start. How is this fucking hard?
>>
>>158844948
Fucking look it up. Why are you asking a bunch of idiots who hate you and everything you represent instead of going to Wikipedia, seeing which series was made when and watching them in the order they came out? Fuck you.
>>
>>158845090
No shit. And then immediately after that I'm presented with terminology I'm unfamiliar with, such as Zexal, Arc-V, etc.
>>
>>158843061
what does your heart tell you to do op?
>>
>>158845161
I want to duel.
>>
>>158845157
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!#Anime
wow so difficult
>>
>>158845129
Hope I didn't raise your blood pressure too much. Relax.
>>
>>158845208
After you kill yourself.
>>
>>158845230
Ladies first.
>>
>>158845208
>>158845236
>behave like a retard
>waaah why you so mean to me
>>
>>158845255
Whatever you say, kid.
>>
>>158845208
Nah, there's just no point being polite to faggots like you. Don't like it? Fuck off.
>>
>>158845269
>says the guy who can't even use google. Pretty much makes you dumber than a kid, ironically enough.
>>158845206 already gave you the link you need. You can leave now.
>>
>>158845271
>>158845255
>>158845208
Wanna duel? Get on YGO Pro right now, scrubs.
>>
>>158845296
Have they included Link summons yet? Haven't been keeping track.
>>
Avoid anything after GX
>>
>>158845316
Not yet, fortunately.
>>
>>158845329
Fuck you, ZEXAL is the best one.
>>
>>158845329
First 2 Seasons of 5Ds is good.
Then I don't know what happened.
>>
How is Legacy of the Duelist? Anyone play it yet?
>>
>>158845358
Zexal has a good concept but less than good execution. That's the reality of a having a show that's just meant to sell merchandise first and story later, among other problems. I wish either Kaz or a more competent mangaka will actually do a remake of Zexal manga.
>>
>>158843061
what about you learn how to fucking google? Or go ask the perpetual Vrains thread
>>
>>158844838
How do you reliably counter this?
>>
>>158845394
Not really. I'd say DM and GX were just meant to sell merchandise, whereas Zexal focused on dueling.
>>
>>158845456
Anon please, all the spin-offs are just to shill the new summoning method first and plot/character second.
>>
>>158845610
GX is the same shit, what are you talking about
>>
>>158845642
>GX is the same shit
I never said it isn't. I'm not >>158845329
>>
>>158845739
Ok, friend
>>
Watch season 0, its barely about the game of yugioh since it was only established as duel monsters half way through. Season 1 still doesnt follow the rules of the game since its still a fictional game without a coherent ruleset. Just keep watching if you enjoy, it explains all the rules clearly throughout duels as it becomes more focussed on the actual game
>>
>>158845854
Sub?
>>
>>158845926
Foot long.
>>
>>158845854
>>158845926
For the entire series, I mean. Not just Season 0. My friend said the dub was actually pretty decent.
>>
>>158845854
Season 0 is shit. Read the fucking manga.
>>
>>158844599
Why is Vrain so shit?
>>
>>158846032
because people who watch VRAINS don't have brains
>>
If you try to get into the Show, the first Yugioh is basically a Story about the Shadow Games and the Pharaoh and not a Card Game Commercial like the other Shows.
Gx is comfy but gets really inconsistent later on.
5Ds is the peak of the Show but hard to get into if you despise the whole Motorcycle part.
ZeXal has a slow start but a good 2nd Season. Some may say it's not worth going through the First Season but the Barian Arc and Vector alone save the Show.
Arc-V has all Mechanics possible and has a pretty good Start but deteriorates into the Worst Show afterwards, might as well check that out since you can't get mad at the inconsistencies with the Legacy Characters if you haven't watched any Show.
VRAINS just started and looks alright even though the new Mechanic turned the Game upside down.
If you want to get into the physical Card Game then you're gonna spend too much time trying to get a grasp on everything.
Try any of the Simulators that are out there, you'll have acess to any Card if you wanna play against each other.
>>
>>158846345
>Try any of the Simulators that are out there, you'll have acess to any Card if you wanna play against each other.
Are any of the video games good? If so, which ones?
>>
>>158846581
The PSOne game was good.
>>
>>158845431
literally draw a kaiju, thats it
you can get rid of it with effects sometimes but it might be immune to them
you can't beat over it in battle because it will destroy your monster before it attacks
also if your opponent has the field spell up its 3250 attack and you have to kill it twice for it to die
it can also be tribute summoned on your turn, and the deck can summon it extremely consistently
its not even unarguably the best deck in the game, thats how degenerate this game is now
>>
>>158843061
Honestly? Watch the Dub.

I am usually the last person to advocate watching ANYTHING dubbed, but GX and the the original are just superior to the subs.
>>
>>158846581
You could try DevPro or YgoPro.
Dueling Network got Axed.
The Online Simulators also update with the newest Cards, but some of them still need to update with the new Mechanic.
Playing without it for now is a better Idea.
Personally any of the Tag Force Games are great, especially 3.
If you have a PSP try 3, that was when the Game still had a slower pace if you wanna learn it that way.
>>
>>158846002
Manga HQ scans online when?
>>
>>158845456
>Zexal focused on dueling

And it did a really bad job since 90% of the duels in zexal are agonizing protect the castle bullshit. They're like shitty stand battles rather than a decent or fun representation of the game.
>>
FUCK SPEED DUELS
>>
>>158843061
Sub.
Read the original manga. Don't bother watching DM; it's got a lot of good things (and a good OST), but it fucks stuff up enough to say it's not really worth watching.

Read GX's manga as well. The show is pretty bad until about halfway through and only really gets great towards the tail end of the show.

Watch 5ds 1-64 (this is where the show was originally intended to end before it was extended and it provides a complete story arc); also, eps beyond that basically drop the characterization for 90% of the cast, change the setting, and remove some characters and plot points due to shit that was happening behind the scenes at the time.

Zexal is very love it or hate it. Part 1 is a fucking grind that becomes nigh intolerable anytime the antagonists and rivals are not in focus. Part 2 is overall alright, but overhyped, lacks the particular lighthearted style that made zexal 1 what it was (this can be considered either a positive or a negative depending on if you saw zexal 1 as refreshing or not) and has poor pacing for some of its crucial events and really lacks a strong antagonistic threat aside from one guy out of the bunch (and even then he's pretty shallow)

ARC-V has an amazing first 52 eps or so; but falls to shit slowly from there, it gets to the point where it's obvious that the writing staff just gets completely demoralized about the whole thing since there's dialogue that directly references shit being changed for the purpose of shilling cards or certain characters instead of fulfilling the plot (specifically ep 123, where an established villain uses a brand new structure deck for that one episode only that has no relation to him as a character, simply because that what konami was selling at the time). If you choose to watch it; keep this in mind.

Vrains is too early to tell.
>>
>>158843061
Read the manga.
Watch the Dark Side of Dimensions.
Done.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.