[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rie Matsumoto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: matsumoto.jpg (99KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto.jpg
99KB, 600x676px
How do you feel about Rie Matsumoto's works, in particular Kyousougiga and Kekkai Sensen?

I feel like these two shows were kinda fun but ultimately lacking in any meaningful story, and everything is confusing as fuck. I see a lot of praise for these shows but I can't really see why considering they're not that great.
>>
I love both of these series and I have to say it's likely just because of the nice family aspect. Both series revolve around some kind of group of associates/friends/families that are or grow closer and have amazing interactions. Also their settings are just the kind of stuff I dig.
>>
I really dig the chaotic first episodes for both series. They created bustling worlds that felt lived in. I agree that things do kind of fall apart near the end of each series, though they do both end on a high note.
>>
She definitely has a unique way of directing. The first few episodes of both shows were a treat to watch. Her shows also has nice OSTs, and she definitely knows when and where to put certain songs to elevate scenes. It's a shame that usually the plot is a mess. She usually made things more complicated than it seems. A simpler story with her direction style would be interesting to watch. I do think it's better if she kept doing original stuff. The Kekkai Sensen cast (except MC) felt so out of place in her original story.
>>
>>158800580
(s)he is similar to Imaishi, she really needs a good writer and the guy must write a story that perfectly fit her style
>>
>>158800580
associated with bad time management
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.