[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did people stop caring about Urobuchi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: urobuchi.jpg (45KB, 275x392px) Image search: [Google]
urobuchi.jpg
45KB, 275x392px
When did people stop caring about Urobuchi?
>>
When he became shit.
>>
He's doing Godzilla now so I automatically cannot not care
>>
>>158789492
I'm waiting for Thunderbolt Fantasy season 2, anon. I do care a lot.
>>
>>158789492
Madoka was the only true notable work he did and he stopped caring about it. We just returned the favor
>>
He's a hack
>>
>>158789492
Urobuchi's tastes has never been aligned with mainstream otaku taste. His popular anime works all are shaped by producers to be more marketable but right now he's deep into puppets, which is a very niche but personal project for him. As a butcher fan it's been a while since I've seen him this passionate about something.

The Godzilla trilogy is back to vanilla urobuchi so probably will get a bigger reaction than the puppet drama.
>>
Aldnoah Zero. At least Gargantia had a decent first half.
>>
Tetsurou Araki has surpassed him as the better shitfest writer.
>Guilty Crown
>Owari no Seraph
>Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
All more entertaining than Aldnoah and whatever else he's done in the past few years
>>
>>158792654
>All more entertaining than Aldnoah and whatever else he's done in the past few years

He didn't do Aldnoah though.
>>
>>158789492
Never? His projects have all been successful.
>>
>>158789492

I care I just never know what the fuck he's going to be doing next. The guy bounces around like a super ball.
>>
>>158792732
Oh yeah he just did the beginning I forgot. Then he's been pretty inactive.
>>
>>158792732
He did write the first episode so that other anon is correct in the fact that he must have written, directed, animated, produced and played all the parts of the anime. I mean he must have. Right?
>>
>>158792855
First 3 episodes.
He had more involvement with Gargantia, but that's like 5% Urobuchi. Pretty damn weak.
The most Urobuchi anime so far is Thunderbolt Fantasy, he did all the scripts, he acted as a producer, he directed the 2D artists, he even stayed on set with the actual director and had final say on the footage Pili made, he even did the commentary track for every episode, he personally asked TMR to do the opening and picked the seiyuu himself.
>>
>>158792732
I feel like all that shit where he did like two episodes and then someone else did the rest did cheapen his "brand" though
>>
>>158793193
Anime is a cooperative effort. He was lucky that with Madoka, that Shinbo didn't change his script and stayed 99% the same from the first draft.

With Blassreiter, Aldnoah and Gargantia. The director changed things around to the point where Urobuchi found himself out of his element and had to rely on other writers to finish the script.

The case of Gargantia is the most obvious, it wasn't originally about semen demons on a giant fleet of ships until the director stepped in, any Urobuchifag who knows about his imitation of To-heart knows that he can't do fanservice and SoL, so he had to rely on other writers to fulfill the director's demand which is what anime scriptwriters do.

Same thing with Blassreiter and Aldnoah, although for different reasons.
>>
>>158789707
fate zero and psycho pass didnt happen
>>
>>158789492
Everyone who cared died.
>>
Everyone's waiting for Madoka Season 3

Little do they know
>>
>>158793751

You just know he's stalling as much as possible to work on projects he actually cares about.
He's not even writing for the new mobage. He could have continued milking Madoka with Aniplex like Nasu is doing with fate for some easy money but he threw that away for puppets and anime godzilla.
>>
File: Guess Who.jpg (236KB, 1604x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Guess Who.jpg
236KB, 1604x1080px
>>158793870
You're right. In the meantime those edgelords should chill out and watch a simple fun anime like Boku no Hero Academia
>>
>>158789492
I think Kamen Rider Gaim was the last thing I watched from him
>>
>>158793870
That's fine by me, I've liked everything so far, and I can be patient for him to want it
>>
When everyone realized he was shit
>>
>>158793630
Fate Zero, sure.
Psycho pass? Yuck
>>
>>158792654
So many things wrong with this post.
>Araki
>writer
>Araki
>Owari no Seraph

Araki is not a writer and has amazing capability as long as he's handed a good script.
>>
Do they sell the dolls/figs from Thunderbolt Fantasy?
>>
>>158795920
The dolls are 3k dollars.
>>
>>158796356
Not the actual puppets, I mean scaled figs.
>>
When he started complaining about being call the urobutcher for his butchering of anime characters that he says isn't intentional.
Guy hasn't made anything worth shit in years since then.
>>
Overrated hack
>>
>>158793168
>he even did the commentary track for every episode
anywhere I can watch those? I loved the shit out of Thunderbolt Fantasy.
>>
>>158798877
BD rips torrents. No one subbed them though.
Each episode he'll be talking with 2-3 different VAs about specific scenes and behind the scenes details.
>>
tfw Urobutcher is 160cm

No wonder why he hates on world and kills girls
>>
File: 1472059804529.jpg (85KB, 640x474px)
1472059804529.jpg
85KB, 640x474px
I'm quietly waiting for his next masterpiece.
>>
>>158799213
I thought he was 173 cm
>>
>>158789492
Talentless hack thread?
>>
File: butcher pose.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
butcher pose.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>158800058
> Viewer_with_low_IQ.jpg
Fix'd
>>
He needs to create the next gundam series
>>
Did he make more puppet kino?
I liked Thunderbolt
>>
>>158800126
Hahaha that CGI looks so bad, why would they do this?
>>
File: 1417030915481.jpg (52KB, 538x588px)
1417030915481.jpg
52KB, 538x588px
>>158800226
Its cheap TV talk show.
No need to make it look flashy.
>>
>>158800306
That's exactly what I'm saying, why not just do it in a normal set?
>>
>>158789492
VNs are dead and he lost interest in anime because of how Aniplex were abusing his name, so he has fallen out of the mainstream somewhat.
>>
>>158801195
>fall out of mainstream
>makes a popular Chinese puppet show
>going to write Godzilla

You mean he fell into mainstream after leaving otaku pandering BS behind
>>
>>158799213
Same with Anno then.
>>
>>158792654
Those aren't even entertaining, only Kabaneri has nice visuals.

>>158789492
I don't like the way he writes characters, but I enjoy the mood he creates
>>
>>158792732
He created the setting, wrote first 3 episides and the outline of the story which included Asshime marrying an old count. It was not his fault the director and writer that took over fucked things up though
>>
>>158789492
people probably got pissed off that hes not doing anything interesting since Thunderbolt Fantasy since nobody gives a shit about godzilla if its not coming to the west in movie theaters. He will probably be cared about if he makes an actual series instead of beating the dead horse that is fatzilla.
>>
>>158793514
>TFW Blassreiter even still too this day is one of your favorite series and everyone either hates it or refuses to watch it on principle
feels bad man.
>>
>>158800213
nah but he wants too and hes done interviews stating as such, but hes just busy with the next godzilla right now.
>>
Gaim was pretty good.

I mean it's no Ex-Aid or W or OOOs or Kuuga or Ryuki or Fourze or Drive or Den-O or Blade or Agito, but it's pretty good.
>>
>>158801277
>Unironically thinking your puppet chinkshit is mainstream

Also, mainstream is making live action Godzilla movies, not CG crap godzilla cartoons, newfag.
>>
>>158789492
When he stopped making anime. So since 2013 or something.
>>
>>158792654
Araki is primarily a director, idiot.
>>
>>158802122
Oh wow. Are you the same league as people who love Gundam SEED Destiny for its potential, not for what it really turned out to be?

With Blassreiter you can pinpoint the exact moment when the story went to shit. It's such a textbook case, it's amazing. Such a good build up was thrown out the window with such ease, it's an achievement of its own.
>>
File: rakuen.webm (3MB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
rakuen.webm
3MB, 580x326px
>>158799308
Maybe there will be a sequel film. Who am I kidding
>>
>>158789492
he's ugly
>>
>>158801195
I'm glad he decided to pursue his passion instead of becoming a sell-out.
>>
>>158789492
Because he was always shit and just people started noticing. The only thing of note I liked of his was Saya no uta.
>>
>>158802243
Gaim's final arc is literally Fate Zero except the grail is replaced with a forest.
>>
>>158808742
This is the best that can happen to a creator. Sadly, most can't afford such luxury.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.