[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of Trunks/Bardock the Father of Goku Double Feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: which.jpg (263KB, 956x636px) Image search: [Google]
which.jpg
263KB, 956x636px
which?
>>
>>158697942
Both of those releases are shit, since its the Funimation's oversaturated releases with aggressive DNR (Digital Noise Removal) and jacked up contrast.
You'd generally want to track down Dragon Box version, preferably based on JP release since it has higher bitrate and thus higher quality.
>>
File: scouter.png (184KB, 371x496px) Image search: [Google]
scouter.png
184KB, 371x496px
What are the best releases for the series/movies/specials? I got the DBNL years ago, but I'm always told they're shit because >Americans.
I hear Utskushii-Raws are good, but they died part way through.
>>
>>158698840
DBNL are absolutely awful, low bitrate, shit codec (DivX lol) and even more aggressive DNR than Funimation. At least they didn't fuck with colors and contrast so they're better than Funishit in that regard.

Utskushii is based on JP Dragon Boxes so absolutely the best you can get, but the faggot dropped it around the start of Boo Saga for no reason.

Honestly you should just get Kai because the amount of filler in DBZ is cancerous and personally I can't ever go back to Z after experiencing Kai.
>>
>>158697942
The DVD, but only if you're an absolute madman
>>
>>158698951
Why's that?
>>
File: 1497891228600.jpg (129KB, 456x632px) Image search: [Google]
1497891228600.jpg
129KB, 456x632px
>>158699015
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWQUmoZZkA

The best thing Funimation has ever done.
>>
>>158699115
Oh.
>>
>>158699128
The vocals are fucking awful, but I have a soft spot for the track anyway.
>>
>>158698943
What about the movies, are the BD re-releases actually better than the DVDs, or just shit upscales? And what groups are even good?
>>
>>158699128
>Dubshit
Die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjllfs0QyEo

>>158699239
The movies are the same as their Bluray DBZ release minus aggressive DNR. Like I said, avoid Funimation-based shit since it's flat out garbage with exception of Dragon Box which is also just a flat out worse version of Japanese Dragon Box since Funijews wanted to squeeze as many episodes as possible on one Disc so bitrate is shit compared to JP.

There actually isn't a good DB and DBZ encode around. There is a great GT encode floating around but it's work-in-progress by "GTeam".
Utskushii did all the movies to my knowledge so at least you have that for the movies.

For the series just go with DB Recut and DB Kai precisely due to lack of good DB and DBZ encodes and the fact Recut and Kai remove filler.
>>
>>158699350
>Utskushii did all the movies
Just checked and they did them all upto BoG, too bad their wordpress links to nyaa.se

I like the full old DB/Z/GT, so the best current versions are utsukushiiraws for DB/DBZ(to 171)/Movies and GTeam for GT, but everything is shit for the rest of Z and random other specials?
>>
>>158699534
Just type Utskushii-Raws on Nazi (Nyaa.si) and you should find it.

Super, BoG and RoF have better encodes because they're modern so you can grab whatever for those really as long as it isn't some YIFY-tier encode with 1GB filesize.

For BoG and RoF just get the [RH] (RickyHorror) releases, and for Super grab OGG (OneGuyGroup) for its BDs and HorribleSubs for TV ongoing obviously.

As for other specials, the only other specials that are notable are the Episode of Bardock (where Bardock goes SSJ and becomes the first SSJ of Legend, dumb as shit), remake of the Hatchiyack OVA (that removed half the material from original, and the original OVA only has VHS releases so all encodes will look like trash because the source is trash) and Yo Son Goku and His Friends Return OVA which actually has a good anonymous encode here:
https://nyaa.si/view/538731
>>
>>158699128
DRAGON BALL Z
>>
>>158699705
I already got Philosophy-Raws for BoG and RoF, for SSJ Bardock there is only a 720p TV release or 480p Utskushii DVD release, and I got the DVD already. Is that version of Yo! Son Goku better then the Utskushii version?
I was using DragonTeam for super BDs, then they died.
>>
>>158700249
I never saw Utskushii one but the one I linked is fine.
Dragon Team is garbage.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.