[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ own any VHS tapes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: vhs sailor moon.jpg (591KB, 1430x1600px) Image search: [Google]
vhs sailor moon.jpg
591KB, 1430x1600px
Does /a/ own any VHS tapes?
>>
Never even heard of an anime called VHS
>>
File: buu saga.jpg (248KB, 1440x1200px) Image search: [Google]
buu saga.jpg
248KB, 1440x1200px
>>158516798

If you don't have the entire Buu saga on tape then get the fuck out my face son.
>>
>>158516758
No, because they're utterly pointless. You don't need them when streaming and torrents exist.
>>
>>158516873

Aren't there like hundreds of OVAs & movies that you can't stream? There's still some really obscure stuff you can't stream.
>>
>>158516897
Anon you do know when these things existed right?
>>
>>158516758
Got the first couple episodes of Dragon Ball in my basement somewhere.
>>
>>158516969

Do you still have a VCR though, that's the problem.

>>158516897

I didn't know /a/ was a bunch of Buddhists that swore off materialism.
>>
I still have the three Sailor Moon Movies, the Rayearth OVAs, Most of Rurouni Kenshin, Ah My Goddess, and The Utena Movie.

I still have my Little TV with a VHS player attached. It still works pretty well. Was a godsend when I went off to college.
>>
>>158517557

Kenshin's never getting a Bluray, so I wouldn't actually mind having that on VHS.
>>
>>158516758
I still have a few here and there, they are scattered about though.

>>158516798
Its a media storage device from before DVDs, which were before Blu-Rays, which means it is from the late 1980s through the late 1990s. Video and audio are stored on "tape", sort of like how they do with discs but not exactly like a disc. A VCR is a device you put the VHS inside, which connects to your television and reads the audio and visual data from the VHS and puts in on your television.

>>158517032
>I didn't know /a/ was a bunch of Buddhists that swore off materialism.
Please don't disrespect Buddhists by comparing them to /a/ustists.
>>
>>158516758
A lot of them. Mostly Sailormoon and Sentai.
>>
File: 1497053707123.gif (953KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1497053707123.gif
953KB, 320x239px
>>158518060
Legit Sentai or Power Rangers?
>>
File: iu.jpg (95KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
95KB, 570x570px
I had the second Digimon VHS and the Movie, a few Pokémon tapes, particularly the cool as fuck Johto cases, and the first three episodes of Tenchi Muyo, which came with this keychain.
>>
>>158517923

Doesn't the Government still store things on Magnetic Tape since it lasts for a really long time?
>>
>>158518693
I don't know man, I'm not the hilariously incompetent CIA.
>>
>>158518819

I would not be surprised if they still had important data stored on punchcards at this point.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (816KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
816KB, 2988x5312px
I've got the first 3 Pokemon VHS sitting in my closet somewhere. It came with volume 1 of the manga.

CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY CLEFAIRY
>>
kiki's delivery service and totoro

still watch them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.