[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when does it get good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 20thcenturyoys.jpg (238KB, 1456x1030px) Image search: [Google]
20thcenturyoys.jpg
238KB, 1456x1030px
when does it get good?
>>
>>158493967
The first 5 volumes are the best part of the story
>>
>>158493967
Beginning until the new year confrontation/before the first time-skip.
Then Friend's childhood arc.
>>
The first 11 or so volumes were good.
>>
>>158493967
Like with all Urasawa stuff, only the middle part is anything decent
>>
>>158495003
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>158495512
Johann's disappearance, 21st century boys, whatever the fuck was that Billy Bat mess of an ending. You actually liked that garbage?
>>
>>158495925
wait what the fuck billy bat actually ended?

I even read the final chapter and didn't even notice jesus christ
>>
>>158493967
Overall. Like all Urasawa stuff, you'll finish it and somehow feel like you liked it although you won't be able to pinpoint exactly what and where.
>>
>>158493967
Never
It's fun with all those plot twists but it's objectively a bad manga
>>
>>158495003
Monster was an utter flawless masterpiece from start to finish. Only hipsters say otherwise.
>>
>>158493967
I liked it from chapter 1 vol 1
>>
I don't have own opinion.
>>
>>158498835
Monster was an utter flawless shitfest from start to finish. Only hipsters say otherwise.
>>
>>158493967
It doesn't.
>>
It's good until the first friend dies then it's all downhill from there.
The best arc is when that girl goes to that camp
>>
The first part is the best
>>
It's great until the second timeskip. Only joy I got out of that part was imagining Kanna whoring herself out to numb the pain from her failure.
>>
>>158499485
nah the arc with Koizumi in friendland is the best arc
>>
>>158498835
Got too long near the end but otherwise it was pretty good.
>>
>>158493967
never
Read Pluto instead, that's his actual good work
>>
>>158493967
From page 1 onwards.
>>
>>158493967
After the flashback
>>
Urasawa builds suspense by introducing as many different characters and different angles as possible but all it does is create a huge tangled mess with no redeemable ending. The climax never comes, the plot holes are never answered. Everything ends up being the work of a person who is impossibly charismatic to the point of having worldwide mind control, and it's never clear why anyone would follow them at all, and that creeping mastermind ends up orchestrating weird events that lack any sort of coherency other than being marginally evil and threatening. Then the threat is removed without ever being fully understood or outwitted and the plot ends dry. Every single story from this author will make you feel like it dragged on for too long and ended up a waste of potential.
>>
>>158501235
That's a funny way of spelling Yawara!!
>>
>>158502277
Monster worked well. Rather than being just about Johan, it was more about life in general with all these side stories and secondary characters.
>>
>>158502277
20th century boys it the only one that feels a bit dragged out, the others are more concise
>>
Pluto>Monster>Batt>Keaton>20CB
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.