[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Harem Male leads so TERRIBLE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: Lux.jpg (24KB, 280x618px) Image search: [Google]
Lux.jpg
24KB, 280x618px
You have 5 or more cute females who are clamoring night and day to have sex with you at any and every given opportunity.

These girls are not being subtle about this, they want the D.

So why does every Harem Male lead act like a completely clueless idiot?

>"Hurr I can't do the sex c-cause t-t-that would be l-lewd!"

>"B-but we have to do (insert plot point here) first, come on, can't it wait till afterwards?"

WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU'RE PASSING UP BEING BALLS DEEP IN PUSSPUSS?

And who cares if sex is lewd? Of course it's lewd you idiot! What's wrong with lewdness! Just stick your floppy twink wiener in her you useless excuse for a man!

And the other characters expect that the main character has already slept around with the other girls, but the irony is that he's actually slept with NONE of the girls because he's such an ineffectual, worthless, idiotic, uncaring homofruit that he can't see that the real prize isn't the Mcguffin of the day, it's getting to have coitus with all the girls! How is this a difficult concept?

Why are all harem leads so completely stupid!?
>>
File: 3316743-4218818275-20120.jpg (25KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
3316743-4218818275-20120.jpg
25KB, 600x338px
Lux is aware of their feelings for him, but he cannot respond in kind due to his debt. Also the end of the world is supposedly going to happen in a few months in the novels so there's that
He is fiercely protective of them to the point of making one bitch beg for her life just cause she hurt the blonde ditz bad.
>>
>>158444286
>You have 5 or more cute females who are clamoring night and day to have sex with you at any and every given opportunity.
>These girls are not being subtle about this, they want the D.
>So why does every Harem Male lead act like a completely clueless idiot?
Because the oposite would be real life for women
>>
>>158444286
When you have social phobia and feel threatened by sexual advances, your brain can filter them out.

They get into situations where they don't know what to do because their filters (and their fears) won't let them fully comprehend why somebody would approach them with bare tits. A positive response isn't possible. They have already filtered out all the signs that the other person might be interested in them (for fear of being wrong), so the only possible interpretation is that they are not meant to see those breasts. Social phobia does the rest and you go into full panic mode without ever understanding what actually happened.
>>
I want to fuck female Lux.
>>
>>158444286
t. normalfag

It is virtuous to be in control of your desires.
>>
>>158444286
Japanese "men" are beta as fuck. Thats why they're going extinct.
>>
>>158444286
Because their behavior is typical of Japanese males. Authors and writers have nothing else to base their male characters on.
>>
File: Zashiki_v09_292-293.jpg (808KB, 2240x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Zashiki_v09_292-293.jpg
808KB, 2240x1600px
>>158444286
Because the good ones don't get adaptations or their authors die.
>>
>>158444286
Im surprised this hasn't been answered yet. It is because having a dumb ass betamale mc makes the viewer think "OH IF I WERE THERE I WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER, I WOULD FUCK ALL OF THEM, WHY IS HE DOING THAT?" It makes people feel superior i guess.

>>158446931
I wouldnt say the behavior is that typical of Japanese males, but it is more typical than over here. So the ones that do act a little "shy" think "at least i'm not like this guy" as they also relate to the MC because they know what being shy is like.

>WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU'RE PASSING UP BEING BALLS DEEP IN PUSSPUSS?
I love you but be careful you suck.
>>
>>158444286
Cause the Japs have this whole virginity, muh purity and self insert thing going for them. The otaku are the ones who want to fuck the girls, they don't want any used goods going for them.
>>
File: Ichika_and_Chifuyu1[1].jpg (388KB, 1919x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Ichika_and_Chifuyu1[1].jpg
388KB, 1919x1041px
Because the sister is best girl and all the other bitches should step off.
>>
File: Hundred_v12_Colour_1.jpg (121KB, 844x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Hundred_v12_Colour_1.jpg
121KB, 844x1205px
>>158444286
Fuck if I know. Pope in Hundred is best girl.
>>
File: 71T1WwB0-IL.jpg (189KB, 710x1013px) Image search: [Google]
71T1WwB0-IL.jpg
189KB, 710x1013px
>>158447761
>>
File: 1493852538265.jpg (4MB, 2866x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1493852538265.jpg
4MB, 2866x2048px
>>158447790
>>
File: Hundred_v10_Illustration_8.jpg (111KB, 946x1352px) Image search: [Google]
Hundred_v10_Illustration_8.jpg
111KB, 946x1352px
>>158447870
>>
>>158444286
It's the easiest way to contrive why they don't progress the plot. Harem falls apart the minute you make the MC either make a decision on one girl, or the extremely rare (I've only seen it happen maybe twice) chance the Author actually goes for a harem end.

If the MC goes all the way with one girl you have now alienated the rest of the girls from the harem because they just lost. Your story needs to start wrapping up from that point on because the whole dilemma of relationship has been solved. As long as he doesn't score you can always have MISUNDERSTANDINGS break the main couple (and most harem will have a clear main pairing) and force an arc of reconciliation.

Another reason the MC has to be terrible is to justify the existence of these girls in his life. MC can't cook? His childhood friend can. MC Can't fight? That spunky red haired chick always seems to be near him when he gets picked on. MC is too plain? Here comes the eccentric chick. He's a blank slate that the other girls make more interesting with their interactions. Usually the MC has the only redeeming quality of being a nice person and that's enough to get 5+ pairs of panties soaking.

Hell, even when the MC is the literal Godking he still can't accomplish anything outside of end of arc confrontations.

It sucks that the formula settled on this but I don't watch haremshit anymore so I'm free from this torment.
>>
>>158447870
I like Claires new uniform
>>
>>158447179
Chifuyu a shit.
>>
>>158444286
Maybe because some of those bitches are not worth it?

I'd be weirded out too if a skeleton like Krul flirted with me
>>
>>158444286
They can't risk emasculating Japan's least masculine men.
>>
What about stop thinking wtih your dick?
>>
>>158444286
I want to FUCK that male lead!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.