[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Initial D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
So I'm currently at 11th episode of First Stage and I want to ask you /a/, does it get any different/better later on?
Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it so far, but it seems to be overhyped. Like, the visual side is awful, that CGI looks just bad, but I already feel like it's gonna be repetitive.

So give me your opinions.
>>
It's the same, at least for season 1.
And the visuals are fine.
>>
>>158348009
the visuals improve every season and the story develops nicely as well.
>>
>>158348087
Sometimes they're not that "fine". I mean, I'm okay with worse visual side, and I know that it was made in 1998 or so, but I'm just curious if they change. For most races they look like taken out from some older game.
>>
>>158348009
Watch up to Stage 4 for perfect experience. The only thing Stage 5 & 6 had going was good eurobeats.
>>
File: tumblr_mlqrhcCzPN1qa1dcyo1_500.gif (986KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlqrhcCzPN1qa1dcyo1_500.gif
986KB, 500x244px
>>158348246
The visuals get better but the races start to suck. The first stage is the pinnacle and then from there it's mostly downhill. Eventually, the only reason Takumi wins races is pure luck. I'm talking bullshit like the other guy's car slips on a fucking leaf so Takumi wins.
>>
>>158349849
That one wasn't luck though. Takumi had superior car control and didn't spin over the leaves.

Luck races are like god hand and the spoon guy.
>>
>>158349849
Of course it's downhill. Uphill races wouldn't work as well.
>>
>>158348009
It's a garbage series from the time japs thought they were Westerners and discovered CGI. Stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>158348009
If you've gotten to the Shingo match and still feel it isn't for you, it's best you drop it.
>>
File: _20170610_205618.jpg (39KB, 720x417px) Image search: [Google]
_20170610_205618.jpg
39KB, 720x417px
>>158351085
>>
>>158351801
OP here, Shingo just appeared. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as I was expecting it.
>>
>>158352596
For a lo of series it's best not to get too hyped before watching. What happens is, people will get into a show that they've never heard much about, enjoy it quite a lot, then more and more people get into it, and eventually it's so hyped up as being great that anyone new watching it is going to be disappointed when the series is really just fun but average. Happens with a lot of anime on /a/.
>>
>>158352708
Yeah, I figured it out. Well, thanks for your opinions anons.
>>
the cgi improves, but the drawn artstyle becomes unrecognizable after third stage and writing goes down the toilet. there's basically no tension in any of the races after a certain event halfway through second stage and it just gets worse from there.

finish first stage, watch second stage and maybe third stage if you care about wrapping things up, then just listen to the soundtracks for the later stages when you're driving and try not to get yourself killed.
>>
>>158348009
Watch the openings, you'll see the CGI get better every season
https://youtu.be/-O-5PTvusow
Personally I liked 4th stage the most, the character animation went downhill in season 5. Also season 5 is around the time in the manga where they're just doing races before the FINAL BATTARU (which is pretty dissapointing, though the final ED was beautiful).
>>
>>158354870
Some of the later races are total bullshit, like the s2000 and miata where takumi only wins because godhand forgot to hydrate and the miata's fucking spoiler falls off respectively.
>>
>>158355341
I thought the final battle was okay, better than most of the stuff from 4-5. Still, a lot of the interest in first stage was that you were made to like and care about all the characters racing, so battles had more impact. Having some random nobodies in every battle was just boring.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.