[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This man more than deserved all the praise he's gotten.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1485936431767.jpg (221KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485936431767.jpg
221KB, 1500x1000px
This man more than deserved all the praise he's gotten. The west couldn't dare hope rival such penance.
>>
I'm very torn about Miyazaki.

He's an insanely skilled animator but he's been very visually conservative since his Future Boy Conan days and this gave the west a lame idea of what anime "should" look like.

He can be pretty smart but the image he tries to create for himself is obnoxious and deeply insincere. That and I feel he's legitimately gotten dumber with old age. He used to say really insightful and intelligent shit in the 80s and 90s, now he's just a smug grumpy old man devoid of any hope for the world saying retarded (the stuff about iPads) or outright malicious-sounding (his response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre) crap.

I think he was a really cool guy in his younger years but has gotten progressively less cool over time both artistically and as a person.
>>
>>158331242
without a doubt the greatest living animator and director of animation

shame about the writing
>>
>>158332463
What about his animation is good though? I'm not saying it's bad but animation in and of itself isn't hard now is it? It's just time consuming but virtually anyone that can draw can animate no? I'm not talking about the direction part mind you.
>>
>>158332910
youre retarded m8
>>
>>158335528
Who shat in your oreos?
>>
Old guy who full of himself and thinks the world owes him money. None of his stuff is actually amazing.

But idiots who know nothing of animation will blindly praise him cause others do. mob mentality.
>>
>>158331242
his best film is ponyo on the cliff
>>
File: miyazaki.png (2MB, 758x1314px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.png
2MB, 758x1314px
What's his fucking problem? Why does he keep coming back?
>>
>>158335843
>none of his stuff is actually amazing
you jack off to oreimo don't you
>>
>>158335948
That's Toei shit isn't it? Isn't Toei and Ghibli basically the same shit? Why are you singling one out? If Miyazaki was responsible for it you'd love it wouldn't you?
>>
>>158335969
If you think Toei and Ghibli are the same shit you're the one who knows nothing about animation beyond "popular mass appeal bad obscure good"
>>
>>158331242
Jim Henson
>>
>>158335914
Because even though Disney made sure the world sucks Miyazaki's cock deep down he knows that he'll never be as good as Takahata. He's eternally trying to make a film better than Takahata but always fails.

Miyazaki is the living embodiment of shame and false praise.
>>
>>158335843
Nu /a/, everybody.
>>
>>158337728
>bringing this nu shit to /a/

opinions exist and they aren't always yours.
time to grow up.
>>
>>158331242
Okay thats great
>>
>>158337800
>>bringing this nu shit to /a/
>opinions exist and they aren't always yours.
>time to grow up.
Going by how you type, you need to first.
>>
>>158331851
>I think he was a really cool guy in his younger years but has gotten progressively less cool over time both artistically and as a person.
So, he just got old?
>>
>>158336886
Toei and Ghibli share many similarities. And I don't think popular means it's shit. I love Naruto and have spend many wanking nights on the subtle homolust and fanservice.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.