[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIO vs Dragon Ball Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 454.jpg (35KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
454.jpg
35KB, 680x383px
How strong do you think DIO in the Dragon Ball Universe? This include any variation of DIO including OH (Over Heaven).
>>
File: Guldo_(DBZ).png (51KB, 200x221px) Image search: [Google]
Guldo_(DBZ).png
51KB, 200x221px
>>158329103
Plain Dio with The World would just be a weaker version of Guldo with regeneration powers.
>>
>>158329103
>>158329103

As for The World Over Heaven, anything he does with the power can likely either be reversed by the Time Patrol or the Dragon Balls. And the fact that he has to punch you to activate it is a really big flaw in a universe where everybody can just throw energy blasts than can destroy planets.
>>
File: 1481416827948.jpg (338KB, 644x668px) Image search: [Google]
1481416827948.jpg
338KB, 644x668px
>>158329103
he'd job to Yamcha
>>
>>158329714

I don't know, Saiyans previous to Zenkai Power and unlimited transformations seemed closer to other series in powerlevel terms. I think Dio could beat Guldo, and fight with a Saiyan (Goku and Vegeta would be probably too much anyway, but at that point normal humans could spar with Saiyans at least).
After SSJ no amount of Time Stop would help Dio.
>>
>>158329854
>And the fact that he has to punch you to activate it

He has to punch you with an undetectable (at least for the people from DB universe) and unstoppable ghost.
>>
>>158330830
>undetectable

A stand is the manfiestation o the power of your soul.

In other words, stands are ki.

It is very likely they could sense stands.
>>
>>158329714
Guldo was killed with a sucker attack, not by anyone overcoming his ability. And he doesn't regeneration and an invisible punch ghost.
>>
>vs powerlevel thread

Are you 8?
>>
>>158330873
>>158330873
>A stand is the manfiestation o the power of your soul.
>In other words, stands are ki.
Ki isn't defined as that in any belief system. It's internal power purposefully cultivated by training an invisible organ in your navel. The ki equivalent in Jojo is hamon, and it's been shown in can't harm stands.
>>
>>158329103
I don't know much about JoJo, but Dragon Ball is pretty much where battle shows go to get outscaled.

At this point, so long as you're maintaining your training, even the humans are strong enough to repel bullets with their skin alone. Hell, Goku has essentially been immune to The World for the past three arcs.

Durability-wise, I'd be surprised if Dio could even hurt a majority of the cast with anything he does. I'd need to see some OH feats, though.
>>
>>158330873
Stands are closer to psychic powers, and there's too much weird things you can do with stands and not with Ki. However, if Majin Buu can scream and open a dimensional gate, I don't think that making the characters capable to see stands would be too much of a stretch.

>>158330919
Krillin and Gohan beat his time stop with pure speed, one of the few things that could counter time stop. I'm surprised they couldn't break the psychic paralisis, but seriously, he had to threaten them with a pointy log, I doubt that would have had effect even on Krillin.
>>
>>158331025
>It's internal power purposefully cultivated by training an invisible organ in your nave
Is that seriously the explanation for Ki? Well, an invisible organ generating an invisible power makes sense, I guess.

>The ki equivalent in Jojo is hamon
Not really, it has an explanation that doesn't involve invisible guts, but it doesn't make much more sense. It's the control of the ripples that form through your body when you breathe, that's why Hamon could be neutralized if you cause any irregularity on the user's breath.
>>
>>158331025
Both Stands and DB ki are described in universe as somebody's fighting spirit.

Don't give me any of that Midochrolian fan wank bullshit.
>>
>>158331025
Dragon Ball ki works a little differently than what you've described. It's the cultivation of your mental fortitude, your physical condition, and your emotions. There's no invisible organ associated with it - the most you ever get is some vague line about "finding your center."

And even if we're being incredibly generous and say it can't harm a stand, it can definitely harm the user.

Beyond that, if the Stand doesn't have ki to be sensed, the user will. The only time Dragon Ball characters haven't been able to sense someone is if they don't know how or if that person is an android or using a form of ki they aren't familiar with (ie god ki, the U9 fighters, etc.)
>>
Funnily enough, GER would have an easier time going against DB characters than TWOH despite losing to it.
>>
can I include novel stands?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.