[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 1 wasn't very good. Does the new-edit (not season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1474581305427.jpg (89KB, 1024x745px) Image search: [Google]
1474581305427.jpg
89KB, 1024x745px
Season 1 wasn't very good. Does the new-edit (not season 2) fix its mistakes or has the ship long sunk?
>>
don't bother
>>
Poor taste, S1 was great
>>
>>158322162
s1 was great, s2 was ok at best (should have left it alone)

the movie drove it into the ground
>>
>>158325292
>>158325353
bunch of one dimensional characters and a shitty flash forward is 'great' in your guys' book? Get some standards. Or should I critique the pretentiousness of it all? You might almost forget that part.
>>
>>158322162
Season 1 is a masterpiece in comparison. 2 is like a slice fo life. You also have shit taste.
>>
>>158325292
S1 of PP is still in my top5 animes of all time
>>
>>158325663
>>158325460
That's just sad
>>
File: hankabara.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
hankabara.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>158322162
Season 1 was comedy gold, season 2 was so hamhanded they literally had to show you the villian killing a puppy just so you know he is a very bad man.
The new edits were mostly pointless, to the extent that some of them actually dragged scenes out way longer than they needed to be.
I think there was only like 2-3 minutes of actualy interesting lore/backstory added.
The movie was mostly mindless fun.
>>
>>158325890
>season 2 was so hamhanded they literally had to show you the villian killing a puppy just so you know he is a very bad man.
Sounds like you're describing season 1 here.
>>
The movie was so dull
>>
>>158325683
Never said it was a masterpiece in itself. Season 2 is just fucking horse shit.
>>
>>158326944
Then why do you call OP out on having 'shit taste' for saying PP isn't very good?
>>
>>158325402
Your post was painful to read.
Learn english before posting.
from your mistakes, I'm guessing you're french or german.
>>
>>158326976
Just because it isn't a masterpiece doesn't mean its bad. I was assuming op is either new or has some sort of niche taste like moe or mecha. In the grand scheme of anime I'd say PP is in the top 10% for its genre. If op is already disappointed with something of this caliber he will likely only find dissapointment if he stays around long enough.
>>
>>158327163
Literally nothing wrong with my English in that sentence Mr. Ad Hominem.
Wow you know exactly two countries that do not speak English. Color me impressed.

>>158327212
>masterpiece
You keep using that word. All that was ever said was.
>not very good
Nothing else.
>top 10% of its genre
What a meaningless statement that says nothing about the actual quality of the show. Genre is just a word.
>>
>>158327265
Anime fucking sucks and if OP thinks psycho pass sucks he's in for even more sucky shit.
Is this easier to understand now?
>>
>>158325402
Kogami and Akane were fleshed out well, and the latter's development was interesting to see. Makishima was also great, though less as a character and more just as in his opposition to Sybil. Kind of like Ledger's Joker in TDK, where the character itself doesn't matter so much as what he does and represents.
>Get some standards.
I do have standards. Psycho Pass is a good anime under them. It's stylish with an interesting plot and likable characters, along with some decently executed philosophical themes. It's not Lain or NGE, but it's a damn good modern series. The only big issue I have with it is the same one I had with PMMM- it's very heavy in dialogue.
>>
>>158327265
Hit control+f and type the word "masterpiece." This should help you.
>>
>>158327395
>easier to understand
I never claimed not to understand your point of view. It's just not right.

>>158327408
>along with some decently executed philosophical themes.
Referring to the getting standards part of my argument. You have none.

>>158327464
Your point being?
>>
>>158327567
>You have none.
How so?
>>
>>158327660
You think PP is good. You think NGE is good.
>>
>>158327567
>your point being
Masterpiece was said. It was said without implying that op said it himself. It was said in an appropriate manner in a separate reply. Why is this so hard for you?
>>
>>158327567
>just not right
Watch more than 300 anime and come back. Everybody else on this site has either moved on from caring about decent anime or spends their time jerking off.
>>
>>158327717
>. It was said without implying that op said it himself
I never claimed otherwise.
Read the following post carefully again without jumping to conclusions >>>158327265

Then read the following excerpt
>Just because it isn't a masterpiece doesn't mean its bad. I was assuming op is either new
And tell me what was and wasn't said just there. You can play this game with me, but you will lose.
>>
>>158327704
Good job, I was going to try to get you to say something dumb but you did it of your own accord. Thanks anon.
>>
>>158327767
>Watch more than 300 anime
Again, not an argument. 300 anime being 300x52 episode anime or your modern fluff that barely gets a season?

>>158327785
At least I don't think PP is good.
>>
>>158327809
Your lifetime in anime will be short. Enjoy it while you can. Is basically what he's saying I think. I agree with this too. Psycho pass really isn't that much worse than most anime.
>>
>>158327980
>it's not much worse than
I disagree. It's one of the most overrated anime I've seen yet on the level of Miyazaki movies.
>>
File: forbidden.gif (424KB, 330x280px) Image search: [Google]
forbidden.gif
424KB, 330x280px
>>158328018
>>
>>158327980
also, I've been watching anime for nearly 2 decades now. I don't think my lifetime in anime will be short and no matter how new you're going to call me it will never be an argument.
>>
>>158328097
I did say either new or niche. Hating miyazaki's films is pretty fucking anti mainstream, anon.
>>
>>158328229
>I did say either new or niche
I'm beginning to think you're the one with English problems.
>hating
Stop misusing the word hate. 'Hate' is a condition reserved for people that physically or mentally harmed you or someone you care about.
>anti mainstream
So statistically it has to be right.
>>
>>158328310
You're mixing up a lot of anons here. Also I don't think that sentence is grammatically incorrect.
>>
>>158328406
Grammar has nothing to do with it. I'm not mixing more than two anons at the most. But you're the one that keeps replying without actually making an argument so I can't help but consider you the same person
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.