[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Arcs that ruined a good series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

ITT: Arcs that ruined a good series
>>
>>158316849
that isn't Majin Buu.

Dragon Ball Z would have been great if it ended with Cell Saga.
>an old enemy returns with new villains
>the sons become more powerful than their fathers.
>The rival finally gets his comeuppance
>>
>>158316849
That isn't the saiyan saga anon
>Suddenly huge fucking timeskip
>Apparently Piccolo did nothing at all for all this time
>KAKAROT YOU'RE AN ALIEN
>Kills Brother and then never thinks about him again
>HAHA! EVEN MORE ALIENS STRONGER THAN ME!
>Kills off most of the Z-fighters and starts the super irrelevancy spiral for all humans
>>
>>158316849

pic not related
>>
>>158316849
everything after freeza was shit. he was supposed to be the final boss.
>>
>>158317149
pilaf was supposed to be the final boss. everything after him was shit.
>>
>>158317149
Everything past Piccolo was shit, the saiyan saga is one of the worst arcs in jump history.
>>
>>158317273
>the saiyan saga is one of the worst arcs in jump history.

Nigga, the Saiyan arc ain't even the worst DBZ arc.
>>
>>158316849
Saiyan Saga for Dragon Ball. It should have ended at Part 1, Z was a mistake.
>>
>>158316849
Funny way of posting Buu
>>
>>158317328
But it was where everything started to go to shit.
>>
File: dragon_ball_primary.jpg (71KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_ball_primary.jpg
71KB, 825x464px
>>158316849
You posted the wrong pic.
>>
>>158317752
Fuck off
>>
>>158316937
This. The Cell saga was literally the peak of DBZ.
>>
Cell is the only one with a final form that isn't a midget, no wonder why nips love Frieza and Buu better they cannot into tall handsome charismatic vilain
>>
>>158319199
Peak of it being shit, yeah.
>>
>>158319436
t. Buu cuck
>>
>>158316849
The problem with the Cell saga was that it took itself too seriously

The saiyans/namek/frieza saga had a good balance of action and comedy and a nice transition to a fully serious final battle

the cell saga tried to be the late namek saga from start to finish
>>
>>158320651
Also Cell's motivations were basically non existant
>Randomly holds a tournament where only 2 (three if we count the curbstomp) people fight against him and only him

At least Freeza had an existence outside of fighting, Namek was his shot at immortality after all

Buu didn't really need motivation as he was just really angry or being controlled by Badabi

Cell just seemed like kind of a dick with no goal.
In the time he does get to spend not fighting or killing he just stands still for a week like an autist.
>>
>>158316849
As shit as the Cell saga can be, I think there was enough good in there to prevent it from being garbage. Same withh Buu, to a lesser extent of course.
>>
>>158316849
pic unrelated?
>>
>>158320651
I liked the change. It's clear some didn't though.

>>158321133
Cell thought he had reached perfection, and wanted to have fun. Remember he has parts of Goku and that's evident with the fighting austism. Something different from the other villains. With Buu, instead, it was the authors who were having fun.

>Cell just seemed like kind of a dick with no goal. In the time he does get to spend not fighting or killing he just stands still for a week like an autist.
literally our guy
>>
>>158321456
Surely he could have done something in that week or so.

I think the main reason he didn't is the main reason Cell died anyway

Too many spots
>>
I would've preferred if it ended with vegeta sacrificing himself during the buu saga tbqh. Is it really that hard for Toriyama to get over his hateboner and let the guy have one goddamn win that isn't fodder for a change? It more or less struck me as him throwing a hissy fit because his attempt at getting people to hate Vegeta fell flat.
>>158319364
I mean if you want to get technical, kid buu was the first form, not the final. Him losing all of his people pods just reset him to zero. Meanwhile every other incarnation except the fat one towered over piccolo, who himself happens to be a tall motherfucker. Jobhan was almost crotch height.
>>
File: Rei_Ayanami_OP.png (155KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Ayanami_OP.png
155KB, 360x274px
do characters that ruined a good series count?
>>
>>158316849
This. It's literally a bunch of bullshit contrivances stacked upon each other, and several characters going full retard.
>>
>>158322568
>pic unrelated
>>
>Saiyan and Freiza arcs
>The good guys were huge underdogs, constantly undermanned, and everything had to play out perfectly to get the win
>Cell and Buu
>The good guys have the power to win at several turns but fuck up multiple times
>>
File: Season 3 never.jpg (51KB, 568x960px) Image search: [Google]
Season 3 never.jpg
51KB, 568x960px
>>158316849
The wedding arc of Medaka box.
>>
File: 3_Kings.jpg (535KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
3_Kings.jpg
535KB, 1280x960px
This piece of Garbage.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.