[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series is actually pretty straight forward if you pay attention.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: bakemonogatari.jpg (639KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
bakemonogatari.jpg
639KB, 1440x810px
This series is actually pretty straight forward if you pay attention.
>>
File: captain autism.jpg (12KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
captain autism.jpg
12KB, 242x208px
>>158311162
Well that is if you pay attention and who has time to do that good sir?
>>
Yeah no shit. Do some people find it confusing?
>>
>>158311223
Almost everyone.
>>
>>158311223
Yeah, I tried to watch it a few times and didn't really get it until I did some basic research on the series and paid close attention. It does require a bit more attention than 99% of anime.
>>
>>158311223
Yeah a lot of people do, I've watched most of the Monogatari series, besides the newest one. My friend watched it and couldn't understand wtf was going on.
>>
>>158311162
It's not as bad if you watch the seasons back-to-back. Tell someone to watch Koyomimonogatari a year or so after Owari aired or something like that and they'd be understandably sorta confused though.

Also Kizu really should've been released before Nise as was originally planned, this scene >>158311301 changes meaning completely with it.
>>
>>158311333
>>158311368
How? They always go out of their way to explain everything at the end of every arc, how do you not get it? Do you just watch it at 2x speed or something?

I know for a fact you can't watch it tabbed out because you miss all the delicious fanservice, so I guess that's not an issue.
>>
>>158311301
>>158311333
>>158311368
How? The plot is extremely straightforward, if someway chronologically rearranged, and the ideas played around with are pretty easily understandable.
>>
File: JustAThought.jpg (544KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JustAThought.jpg
544KB, 1024x1024px
>>158313330
>>158313415

It's their method of storytelling that I'd imagine people get confused by. Normally in anime, people just watch what the characters are doing in conjunction with the dialogue to get the gist of the storyline. Here, there's next to no action, it's all dialogue and it's quite heavy. Most people aren't used to that nor the amount attention you need to pay to catch the details so it comes off as a bit of a difficult watch.

Whenever I recommend the show to others, I always say just watch episode 3 of Bakemonogatari, if you can follow the dialogue and enjoy it, you'll enjoy the show. If not, it's not for you.
>>
>>158311162
why doesn't he just rape nadeko right there?
>>
>>158311223
A fucking ridiculous amount, Never underestimate how fucking stupid most people are, especially on 4chan.
>>
>>158311223

Why do you think so many people argue that the series is bad because it's "pretentious"? They just use that word as an excuse because it confused them and they didn't get it, even though literally everything is explained in detail.
>>
>>158314254
I don't even read through all of the dialogue when I watch it. When they start talking too fast I'm fine with just tuning out and enjoying the neck angles and the elaborate wordplay that I can only pretend to get.
>>
>>158311162
math certainly is
>>
It's funny how understanding of this series progressed throughout its airing. When Bakemonogatari was first shown to the public, a ridiculous amount of normalfags and redditors saw it as a story of romance close to the western audiences, since it had little to no fanservice. They compared the way Hitagi and Araragi interacted to their own romance history and noticed similarities and that managed to blow their minds off (while said similarities are just normal traits of human interaction). More of them called the series a "deconstruction" of a harem genre, while Bake had little to no harem and was more about friendship and typical romantic relationship. Nisemonogatari managed to fuck all over them with its brilliant amount of self-indulgence, something the author actually wrote for himself. Later inclusion of loli harem and ridiculous amount of fanservice left redditors uncomofortable with it. That's when they understood that this is still an Anime with a capital "A" and its story isn't devoid of irony and lack of substance. This is an anime that hooked up normalfags with its unusual direction style, dialogue-heavy writing and quite realistic human development in Bake, and later discouraged them with Nise's self-indulgent writing and harem fanservice. For usual otaku who want nothing but harem pandering it's quite confusing. Of course, Kizu and late series toned down the harem tropes and again focused on human relationships, but it's still confusing for our brilliant-minded /a/utists to at least break through Bake.
>>
>>158315104
>while Bake had little to no harem
The only girl who wasn't all over him in Bake was Hanekawa and that was a plot point in itself.

No idea why fans of this series are so reluctant to admit that it is and always was a harem.
>>
>>158311162
Friendly reminder that Araragi is only allowed to make love with Hanekawa
>>
>>158316035
She is the worst girl though.
>>
>>158315983
The point is that he didn't approve of it though. Later in the series he takes his groping on a new level.
>>
>>158316046
How did you make it through an anime as mentally challenging as monogatari when you can't even spell "best" correctly?
>>
>>158316035
>>158316046
I don't like what Nisio's doing with her in Off-Season.
>>
>>158311162
it only gets confusing later on when you have to sit through boring ass conversations between always the same people regurgitating the same issues over and over again and bitching about shit you considered solved ages ago, while actually interesting dilemmas(like his little sister being a mysterious immortal monster) are ignored and barely even mentioned.

Confuses you as to what the fuck these characters are going on about
>>
>>158316046
t. faggit
>>
>>158316145

Don't like Joan of Arc?
>>
>>158316241
>>158316241
>while actually interesting dilemmas(like his little sister being a mysterious immortal monster) are ignored and barely even mentioned.

That's a plot point. Tsukihi being an immortal has to be ignored or else Yozuru will have to come back to kill her.
Tsukihi needs to be a normal girl with a normal life in a normal way and Araragi needs to make sure that it stays that way.
So by never bringing up Tsukihi being a Dying Bird, we effectively get to see Tsukihi live for another day.
>>
>>158316317
That and her turning into a vampire that one time.
>>
>>158316046
She's great in Kizu. Crab is worst
>>
>>158316369
Crab gets too much hate
Her main issue is just that Araragi has better banter/chemistry with so many other chicks, even in Hitagi Rendezvous which is largely about the two on a date, everyone seems to find Araragi's conversations with the other characters in that arc way more memorable
>>
>>158316369
Shit, I forgot about crab. Hanekawa is the second worst girl, sorry.
>>
Truly the best girl, not counting the imoutos/ loli trio since they're in there own category
>>
>>158316660
>>158316756
Crab is a cunt that reeks of Kaiki's sperm tho.
>>
>>158318044
Reading comprehension. Acquire it.
>>
>>158315104
>and later discouraged them with Nise's self-indulgent writing and harem fanservice.

Nisio Isin said he wrote that book for himself, not particularly to be published.

But the show certainly has substance, don't try to discredit the quality of the show for Nise as that book was the exception, not the norm.
>>
>>158319830
shit, I thought the whole point how a fake is realer than the real thing because it has to try to be as real as possible was just as profound as anything else in the series
>>
>>158320421
That was nice, I also liked that bit about how it's more important to be strong than it is to be right.

Fuck, and then there's all the imouto presence and the openings, I think Nise might actually be my favorite series.
>>
File: Koyomi.gif (343KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Koyomi.gif
343KB, 480x270px
>>158320669
Nisemonogatari is one of the most hated parts of the series largely because the incest and loli parts make many people uncomfortable. If you can get past that it is among the most important entries in the series.
>>
File: 1483144254040.gif (987KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
1483144254040.gif
987KB, 468x263px
>>158320975
>incest and loli parts make many people uncomfortable
They make my pants uncomfortable, if that's what you mean.
>>
File: Aranigger.png (284KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
Aranigger.png
284KB, 595x335px
>>158320975
This
Bake will test your ability to understand dialogues
Nise will filter normalfags
And thus, the rest of the series is for the chosen people only
>>
>>158319830
>Nisio Isin said he wrote that book for himself, not particularly to be published.
Nisio's full of shit, Nise was clearly the first one where he was setting up for future events. Hachikuji repeatedly implying that she won't be around for Araragi forever, Araragi noticing that there was something off-kilter about Nadeko but couldn't quite work out what, Kaiki hanging around outside Kanbaru's residence for then-unexplained reasons, etc.
>>
>>158321185
That's just deductive writing, like Hideaki Anno.
>>
Why do people still bring up the Nisemonogatari afterward as it means something. He literally says the same thing in the Bakemonogatari/Kizumonogatari afterwards.
>>
>>158320975
>Nisemongatari

The arc about a horny guy who gets especially horny.

Really like the brightness and vibrancy of colour in nise compared to bake though
>>
>>158321060
This right here is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Nise was honestly placed perfectly in the series to show you whether or not you want to go down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>158321604
The arc which introduces characters important later on, provides the first time Shinobu has a prominent role, and is the most overtly philosophical part of the story.
>>
>>158321672
if only this series showed me some holes, but it's just not happening.
Guess I have to settle with ass shots and tits instead
>>
>>158321785
Shaft animating Hentai would be fucking useless. If I wanted to fap to still pictures I'd read a Doujin.
>>
File: 1466091721406.jpg (2MB, 9999x8542px) Image search: [Google]
1466091721406.jpg
2MB, 9999x8542px
>>158321808
>Shaft animating Hentai would be fucking useless. If I wanted to fap to still pictures I'd read a Doujin.

Actually Shinbo directed hentai back before SHAFT under a pen name.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3417

If you go look them up, they feel straight out of any SHAFT anime.

>Blood Royale (OAV) : Director
>Nurse Me! (OAV) : Director
>Sibling Secret (OAV) : Director
>Swallowtail Inn (OAV) : Director
>Temptation (OAV) : Director
>>
File: 39379263_p1.jpg (96KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
39379263_p1.jpg
96KB, 800x480px
>>158316360

That actually made sense. She was healed by vampire blood and had her blood sucked extensively. It would have been weirder if nothing ever happened to her, since she has that plus two oddities slumbering inside her now.

The entire thing about Hanekawa that the series reinterated over and over, is that she is not normal. She wants to be normal, but she isn't and the world smacks her over the head with that.

In her mind, doing these things for people and being this diplomat is something anyone can do if they try. She sees her goal of establishing peace as a road with a goal, even if she gets frustrated at the prospect of being labeled a criminal and all the bullshit.

She accepted herself, but at the end of that, she still wants to help people, she just has the talent to do it on a large scale.

Besides, if you want to say she shouldn't be Big Boss Pacifist, then you should also say Araragi should also stop getting so heavily involved with oddities, because it nearly cost him everything so many times and he is planning to settle down with a family. You chastise one, chastise the other.
>>
>>158322197
>That actually made sense.
No, it was pulled out of Nisio's ass entirely. There was never any sort of implication until that story that Araragi using his blood to heal people carried the risk of turning them into vampires, even if it's a small risk surely Shinobu would mention that to him given how big a concern it'd be for Araragi in particular.

and no, one person cannot just go around abolishing borders like she does. Her weirding people out more than Araragi does isn't a believable enough reason for it, their situations aren't comparable at all (and Araragi gets chastised in-story plenty anyway, he personally just didn't give a shit)
>>
>>158322197
>>158323216
Have you guys actually read the part of Musubi you're talking about or are you just going off of what a few anons summarised on here before? If it's the latter then there's no point even trying to draw specific conclusions about it when we don't have the explanations or contexts for anything, remember what happened when people first heard about Koyomi & Senjou breaking up over and over
>>
>>158315104
>since it had little to no fanservice
What kind of rose-tinted glasses are you wearing to be able to say this?
>>
>>158320975
>the incest and loli parts make many people uncomfortable
But those were the highlight of the series. Really though, Nise was the best part.
>>
File: Senjou_owari.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Senjou_owari.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>158316369
You take that back
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.