[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sangatsu no Lion a masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Sangatsu.no.Lion.full.2059501.jpg (3MB, 6421x4102px) Image search: [Google]
Sangatsu.no.Lion.full.2059501.jpg
3MB, 6421x4102px
Is Sangatsu no Lion a masterpiece?
>>
>>158308986
It the best shaft show by far
>>
The manga is.
>>
It would, if the mouths would look different.
>>
No. The manga is more subtle, the anime heavy-handed as fuck. The focus should be the characters, but the direction does not allow this, with so much cuts, useless artsy shots, etc. Rather than a depressed young man, the MC looks like an annoying emo fan of Evanescence. Instead of a warm family, the sisters looks like annoying crazy bitches. And when all of this is put together at the same time, the tonal shifting becomes a mess.
>>
>>158309397
The "artsy shit" is used to covey the feeling of the characters
>>
File: 3_gatsu_no_lion_2_4.jpg (136KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
3_gatsu_no_lion_2_4.jpg
136KB, 800x1149px
>>158309397
The manga isn't that different. It's filled with internal monologues with abstract visuals and unconventional paneling, and the comedic scenes are as much as wacky and exaggerated as in the anime.
>>
>>158309319
my man

the actually down syndrome retarded drooly look just ruined any emotional moment when it looked like they were about to slobber on themselves at any moment
>>
>>158308986
It's not a masterpiece but it's pretty good.
>>
>>158309397
I actually had the impression that the MC was a depressed young man and sisters were a warm family. Didn't see manga for comparison though.
>>
>>158308986
>board game focus
>horse shit girls
>>
>>158309397
The manga is just like that.
>>
>>158309618
The point is that you can use symbolism without exaggerating. Fuck, sometimes it seemed like I was watching a battle shonen. Again, the manga is superior in this regard, the imagery is not overbearing.
>>158309670
I know, but when transposed to the screen, it gets bad, because the direction did not know to give the right tone to each scene. Should I remember the fucking singing cats?
>>158309818
The manga is full of quick cuts, useless shots, exaggerated slow motion and tragic soundtrack? No. Plus: what works on a page does not always work in audiovisual. The rhythm is different, the tone is different, again, it takes subtlety, and Shaft does not know this word. Unfortunately.
>>
>>158311414
The last answer was to >>158310606
>>
File: 1489858449702.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489858449702.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
If it focused less on Shogi I think it could be, This episode was fucking amazing though.
>>
>>158308986
If Eva is considered a masterpiece, then so should it.
It's Eva with shogi instead of robots.
>>
>>158311534
Eva is not a masterpiece and neither is this, it's still a pretty good anime/manga though.
>>
>>158309319
>if the mouths would look different.
It just stayed true to the artwork of the manga.
>>
>>158309670
>and the comedic scenes are as much as wacky and exaggerated as in the anime
Yes, but they take far less time (or rather space) in the manga.
It's all about that sweet pacing. It works in the manga where you can fit it into one page and then exploit the downtime yo uget from jumping from dense humoristic pages to more spacious pages ; it won't work as well animated when you also have to deal with colour contrast, soundtrack shift, voice volume, etc
>>
>>158311414
What kind of battle shonen are you watching?
>>
I think it's the best manga currently being published.
>>
>>158313711
Same.
>>
>>158308986
>he didn't fuck the oldest sister
Almost made me drop it.
>>
>>158312390
Do you know when the pseudo-Naruto is being tormented by the pseudo-demon? So, the depression of the Sangatsu MC looks like this. Do you know when pseudo-Aizen casts an illusion spell on pseudo-Ichigo? So, the depression of the Sangatsu MC looks like this.

And, please, don't say that in the manga the imagery is the same, because the point here is how it is transmitted to the audience. In the manga this happens in an elegant way, in the anime turns artsyfest.

The scene that covers the third frame of the image you posted is an example. In the manga is just a melancholic moment between family, in the anime it seems a supernatural ritual.
>>
Hina is going to be the JuiCiest high school girl when she enters into the school with Rei. All the boys can't wait to fuck her.

Can't for the for bullying and bob cut.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.